Should I Upgrade from 2000 to 2004 so I can use Pocket Money?

I currently use MS Money 2000 standard with no problems.  I also have an
iPaq 1945 that I'd like to use Pocket Money with, but can't since I'm using
2000 on the desktop.  I have a paid copy of 2004 standard (came with new
PC).  Is it worth upgrading (converting the .mny file, having my bank
'upgrade' my profile to use online banking, etc.) to 2004 just so I can use
Pocket Money and sync with my iPaq, which has Windows Mobile 2003?  Any
opinions?  Is Pocket Money + desktop Money worth the hassle?  Or, is Quicken
+ Pocket Quicken a better combination?  I'd really like to be able to add
transactions on the road and have them automatically entered in my desktop
financial manager.

Thanks in advance.
SJL

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

can't see fonts
I can't view any fonts under 'Format' on the toolbar (it's gray and won't let me select it). The only fonts I can view are under 'Font Themes.' I have also purchased and installed a seperate Font package (Essential Office Font Pack by Summitsoft)...they don't show up either. I have downloaded all of the service packs...still nothing. I've also follwed all of the advice I can find on related 'font' threads on this site...still nothing. Help! -- ctdavis What version Publisher? Font list is blank and there are no fonts are displayed in Publ...

excel 2000 out of memory
How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open it and save it, I have 512 MB RAM and there is plenty left over when excel runs out of memory ?? Kim Hi Kim see http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com "Kim" <k@lazy.dk> wrote in message news:fD3zb.50506$jf4.2762193@news000.worldonline.dk... > How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? > > I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open ...

Using the same address & Contacts folders for Outlook and Outlook Express
I am having problems getting outlook express to recognize all of my contacts and address book in Microsoft Outlook. Do you have any insite on how I can fix it. I'm running windows XP, Outlook Express 6 and MS Outlook 2002 (Outlook10) Regards, Murray There is no such feature natively with Outlook 2002 and above. You can force the WAB to use your Contacts Folder with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Murray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bc801c3e0c0$f5c0c5e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

MS Word
EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? Roger Migdow <roger@rm-pro.com> wrote: > EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW > DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? What version of Word do you use? What do you mean by "the invisibles button"? The button to hide/show the nonprinting characters (tabs, spaces and so on)? If so, have a look under "view" in the preferences menu . Are the non-printing characters that you want to turn off checked? If so, uncheck them! The hide/show nonprinting characters button only t...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000
I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for Contact Data . I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is also installed. I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second Copy. This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst" I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data. How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it so that it too will be included in the daily b...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

Upgrading the CPU?

creating a yearbook using publisher
I've been trying to type a yearbook using publisher. But, having many problems with the titles changing from page to page. Can anyone help? Are you using a template? This is a new happening... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Neva" <Neva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC0377FC-4D03-4A41-B6D3-3420C592D9BD@microsoft.com... > I've been trying to type a yearbook using publisher. But, having many > problems with the titles changing from page to page. Can anyone help? Se...

Quicken 2004 vs. Money 2004
Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... Thanks, Tom CNET.com ran an article comparing the two a couple of months ago. You might take a look over there. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Is there a place wher I can get Quicken 2004 compared to Money 2004? I'm >running Money 2003 but my 401k bank will not support Money. So, I'm left >figuring out which one to migrate to or have both... > >Than...

8.0 Upgrade

unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000
I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to bug me now.. any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

can't paste from clipboard in my macro
Hi. I recorded a macro for the data entry group I work with that will save them lots of time. The only step that doesn't work is the last one, which copies data back from the clipboard into the current worksheet. The goal was to split the first column into three, (it contains a number with three nodes delimited by "-"), eliminate duplicate rows based on the first column only, and renumber the shortened list. Here's what I did: Insert two columns to the right of column A. Select column A. Data - Text to Columns - Delimited by "-" Delete column...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Using a calculated vale to define a range
I need to select a sort range to include every row containing data, but no more. I've calculated the last row containing data using the COUNTA(A$:A$) function but how do I use this in defining the sort range eg. the range is A7:F? where ? is the calculated number. I need this to be dynamic so that it automatically updates in the macro as each new row of data is added This is the macro as it stands for a set range. I need the F23 value to be dynamic Range("A7:F23").Selec Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A7"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("B7") ...

Resetting Money 2000
Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to let me start over without having to compete with all the info that's been put in before? We stopped using the program sometime last year and now I want to start using it again anew. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer. Jake File|New is usually very effective. "Jake" <deos17@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:070801c362c8$c11313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to reset Money 2000 short of > uninstalling? In other words, how do I get it to le...

sort blockwise (excel 2000 or later)
Hello, I use excel 2000 and have the following table Col1 | Col 2 ---------------------- Item 2 | Item 2b | Item 2a | Item 2c | Item 2d Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c .... Item n Item n1 I want to sort that list in a way that I obtain either of the following: Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c Item 2 | Item 2b | Item 2a | Item 2c | Item 2d or Item1 | Item1a | Item 1b | Item 1c Item 2 | Item 2a | Item 2b | Item 2c | Item 2d Any ...

help!can't open any files
I just loaded & activated Microsoft student/teacher edition 2003. Now all of the previous excel files already saved to my computer will not open. The message "Not able to open-virus scanner has detected a problem" pops up. This even occurs on new docs that I have just created & saved to the systems since installing this new software. Help! ...

PowerPoint 2007 can't open PPT file from app installation folder
I have an application that launches PowerPoint 2007 and opens a PPT file in slideshow mode. If the file is in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\MyApp Folder\Presentations\), I get this error: The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn ...

Money 2004 Tax Reports
When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this problem? It seems fairly simple. In microsoft.public.money, Carlos wrote: >When I try to run the Tax Software Report in Money 2004 I >get nothing back. I'm new to Money (I was a Quicken user) >and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone had this >problem? It seems fairly simple. For Taxes->TaxReports->TaxSoftwareReport, probably you want to set the date range to l...

multile problems with Exch 2000
Hi, I'm having real problems with my exchange - 2000 on 2000AS. I can't mail enable a public folder. I can't give a user an email address - manually or automatically on creation. I can't backup (NTBackUP) as it crashes (I suspect when it starts to look at the data) everytime. I'm getting very nervous!!! Any suggestions (polite ones) apart from getting a new server? NEIL What happens when you try to do any of this?? Do you get any errors? What shows in your event logs?? S. "Neil Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message news:d...