Sharing problem

I want to share my file with another, when I select sharing from the settings
page, it goes to the sharing page, but then I only see the animated arrows,
and the done button, but no place to put the email address.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thank you,
--Tom
0
tgl64 (3)
11/11/2007 10:08:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Outlook problem #43
Hi When i try to synchronize my emails i receive error message saying something about "File saving was damaged use ScanDisk to repair this file" After this comes account and server name. ?? any suggestions ?? Scandisk or scanpst? If scanpst.exe, then what happened when you ran it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Marcin Gajek asked this group: | Hi | When i tr...

Match & Index function
Hello - I am trying to use the Match and index functions together. Typically, I have been able to match and pull in the data without a problem. But now that I am using a text file that I export into excel, I am running into problems. Basically, the formula won't work (even though I have tried trimming the data, changing all columns to text, general, and number. The only way that the formula works is when I copy and paste the actual reference cell into the reference array from the range that I am seeking to pull in the data. So for example, my formula reads: =INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(Shee...

Active Directory user authentication problem
Hi There I have a piece of code that I am using to authenticate users of active directory, is very straightforward, here it is. IADsOpenDSObject *pDSO = NULL; //this is just a result code HRESULT hr = S_OK; hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP:", IID_IADsOpenDSObject, (void**) &pDSO); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) { IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pDSO->OpenDSObject(CComBSTR("LDAP://uk.mycompany.com"), CComBSTR(username), CComBSTR(password), ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, &pDisp); } My problem is that the HRESULT error code returned when someone trys to login incorrec...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

CRM Mobile First Time registration problems
Well, I've tried everything in the troubleshooting guide3, and everything I can find on the forums/groups, but still no luck. I am trying to get CRM Mobile running for internal connection, installing on the CRM server itself. I have temporarily disabled certs and SSL, to allow for troubleshooting, and I also have a traffic tracer running. When I run CRM Mobile, it simply hangs while registering the device- it will sit there for 45 minutes, if I let it. When monitoring the traffic, I have seen that it successfully calls the /ssCERDA/ sqlcesa30.dll twice, and then it goes on to /CRMMobil...

Problem using '=' with System.Type
Hi I have the following code; ByVal MyType As Type Dim frame As StackFrame If frame.GetMethod().DeclaringType = MyType Then Problem is I am getting the "Operator '=' is not defined for types 'System.Type' and 'System.Type'." error on the last line. How can I fix this? Thanks Regards Am 23.03.2010 02:27, schrieb John: > Hi > > I have the following code; > > ByVal MyType As Type > Dim frame As StackFrame > If frame.GetMethod().DeclaringType = MyType Then > > Problem is I am getting the "Ope...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

CToolTipCtrl problem
Hello, I need help, I'm trying use tool tip in list control, the problem is that tip must be changed for each item. How to do this? After tip is showed there is no other notifications from control when mouse was moved over another item in list control Thank you If you want to change the text, while the tooltip is displayed, you can use SetWindowText to change it.That means you will need to get hold of the control if you did not create it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Raphael" <rafalski30@gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:EA00F864-5105-4C43-9912-8C1...

problem Backing up to thumb drives
When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that tells me "Money has filled the current disk" "Please insert Backup Disk 2 into the H:\ drive so that we may continue to build your backup." I have 2 of these drives, both have plenty of empty space available and the results are the same on both. I can use a 256 mb thumb drive to back up to without getting this message. Any ideas? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, BJV wrote: >When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that >tells me "Money has filled the...

Problems using GetFileVersionInfo
I'm trying to get the file's information from the VS_VERSIONINFO block. I added the header file "winver.h" and included the "version.lib" in the settings. I use the following to start with... // ---- code ----- void GetInfoDlg::GetFileInfo( LPCTSTR lpszFile ) { DWORD dwZero, dwInfoSize; dwInfoSize = GetFileVersionInfoSize( (LPTSTR)lpszFile, &dwZero ); if( dwInfoSize > 0 ) { LPBYTE lpBuf = new BYTE[dwInfoSize]; GetFileVersionInfo( (LPTSTR)lpszFile, 0, dwInfoSize, &lpBuffer ); // get info // TODO: Query the i...

Portfolio Problem MS Money 2003
I have not been able to open portfolio part of money have been using for 2 years no problems started 2 days ago . When you try to open it looks like it starts to open but stays on what ever page your on . Will not open NEED HELP!!!!!!!! THANKS -- Gene In microsoft.public.money, Gene wrote: >I have not been able to open portfolio part of money have been using for 2 >years no problems started 2 days ago . When you try to open it looks like it >starts to open but stays on what ever page your on . Will not open NEED >HELP!!!!!!!! THANKS Try opening Money with Start-&...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Image buffer problem
Hi, I am trying to get the actual image RGB bits from a IPicture object. First I retrieve HBitmap handle and then its DibSection and through that I get the pointer to the bits. It is the same result if I attach the hbitmap to a cbitmap and copy the bits into my own buffer with GetBitmapBits. The trouble is that sometimes the bit content is good (checking the results by StretchDIBits the image pointer as if I had loaded the bits from a PPM and by storing the buffer as a PPM). But other times I get some interlaced tilted kinda pseudo-gray image. In dedub mode I check the header in the dibsectio...

countif problem.
I wrote a formula in a cell that contains the following: =countif(f5:f268,"> char(32)") / countif(e5:e268,"> char(32)") I have verified that any unused cells have blanks spaces in them. Both columns have data in the same rows so the counted value for each column should be the same but it isnt. All cells contain only numbers or letters and the cells format is general. Any suggestions?? Not sure I get it, but try =countif(f5:f268,">"&char(32)) / countif(e5:e268,">"&char(32)) "psion" <oregonsparkie@hotmail.com> w...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Share your Sharing Wisdom
I hope someone can help me out here. In my Outlook I have tons of subordinate folders within Outlook Today and my Inbox. I literally have 104 to be exact. My question is how can I share all of these to another user so they can access EVERYTHING? I know how to give them permission and add my account to their Outlook view but how can I apply permissions to all of the folders instead of doing them one by one? Please help me if you can. I'm scared of the possibility of a daunting task the looms in my forecast. I sincerely appreciate any and all effort one provides in resolving...

Office 2003 SP2 is the problem
The reason you can't see the update in Add Remove program Andre is it seems to now have been included as part of Office 2003 SP2 I had this same problem with an old desktop I used that had Outlook 2k3, which at the time was SP1. I was able to remove the offending update as described by Sue, restoring task update functionally, and keep it from coming back and killing task updates again by selecting 'Don't show this update again' for this update from the 'Microsoft Update' website. I have since however moved over to a new laptop that came with a SP2 version of Office 20...

Problem with DDV_MinMaxSlider
Hello NG, i've found the following code in the MFC-definitions: void AFXAPI DDV_MinMaxSlider(CDataExchange* pDX, DWORD value, DWORD minVal, DWORD maxVal) { ASSERT(minVal <= maxVal); if (!pDX->m_bSaveAndValidate) { if (minVal > value || maxVal < value) { #ifdef _DEBUG int nIDC = GetWindowLong(pDX->m_hWndLastControl, GWL_ID); TRACE1("Warning: initial dialog data is out of range in control ID %d.\n", nIDC); #endif return; // don't stop now } } ::SendMessage(pDX->m_hWndLastControl, TBM_SETRANGEMIN, FALSE, (LPARAM) minVal); ::SendMess...