Setting up 2 separate users

Can anyone tell me how to set up 2 separate users on
Microsoft money. My boyfriend and I share our computer but
want to keep things separate. I have tried, but when I go
to download it won't allow me to specify dates, and
usually I download his money into mine. Its so weird.  Any
help is great. Thanks.
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Best thing is to create two separate files. Use Windows Explorer to navigate
to the current MyMoney.mny file and rename it appropriately - HisMoney.mny
and then load Money and with File > New create HerMoney.mny.

As Money remembers the last file it opened you need to create two desktop
short cuts and in the target box after the money.exe parameter add the full
path to each file in turn in quotes to cope with spaces in the path - for
example "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe" "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Money\bob.mny". Make the other shortcut point to
Kristin.mny.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"Kristin" <ktoncapecod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to set up 2 separate users on
> Microsoft money. My boyfriend and I share our computer but
> want to keep things separate. I have tried, but when I go
> to download it won't allow me to specify dates, and
> usually I download his money into mine. Its so weird.  Any
> help is great. Thanks.

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
1/4/2004 2:17:12 PM
Kristin wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to set up 2 separate users on
> Microsoft money. My boyfriend and I share our computer but
> want to keep things separate. I have tried, but when I go
> to download it won't allow me to specify dates, and
> usually I download his money into mine. Its so weird.  Any
> help is great. Thanks.

Create a new money file, off the File menu, New --> New File.  After you have
two files, you can switch to the other file from the File menu.  Download his
stuff into one file, and yours into the other.

You'll also want to transfer your boyfriend's transactions to the other file.
There are export and import functions on the file menu (export from the original
file and import into the new one).

I thought things were serious when you get your own drawer, but when you get
your own Money file, that's a completely different level.  You can also create a
file for each boyfriend: e.g. name them Friday, Saturday, TheFunOne,
TheCulturedOne, TheDangerousOne, etc. (yes, i'm kidding!)

0
xxx2719 (71)
1/4/2004 2:29:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Kristin wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to set up 2 separate users on
>Microsoft money. My boyfriend and I share our computer but
>want to keep things separate.

In addition to the other fine suggestions, you might consider
setting up separate users on Window XP. Now you not only will
automatically go the last Money file you used, but things such as
how you position icons, color choices, etc will change.
<windowsKey>+L will let you switch users quickly.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

cannot send attachments #2
I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? What version of Outlook, including the number? TOOLS | HELP | ABOUT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK Have you updated lately? Do you get any errors or messages? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "klk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044701c3975f$ccc8b9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? ...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

email fonts #2
Dear all Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. EGB Are you receiving then sending email in plain text mode ? kev "egb" <egb@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqK1qILtHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I > reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. > > EGB > > > > > ...

ExcelReport 2.0
ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. Supports all databases using ODBC. With on time configuration, automatically generates Excel reports. We are designing and developing ExcelReport 2.0. You are appreciated to give your advices. Here are some description of new features and report samples. http://www.ljzsoft.com/excelreport2/index.htm LJZsoft.com One of the most frustrating aspects of Crystal Report (which I presume is the principal competition) is its tendency to report numeric results as text, interfering with the user...

Feb 10 live MSFT chat: RMS 1.2 Hardware Configuration
Hi all, This is Michelle, editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site. I want to let you know that this week, on Thursday, Feb. 10, at 11 a.m. PST, we'll be hosting a live chat on RMS 1.2 hardware setup. Here's a description of the chat: Hardware Configuration in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 February 10, 2005 11:00 A.M. Pacific Time Have questions about setting up and configuring the hardware your POS system uses? In this live chat, Microsoft Retail Management System developers Balaji Balasubramanian, Josef Schauer, Dan Hanke, and Sylvester La Blanc wi...

How to set backcolour

Deposit on Sales Order #2
Let's say you have a sales order with 2 lines on it. The first line is for $10,000 and the second is for $40,000. This is a new customer so you ask for 50% deposit. Customer pays $25,000 so you put this amount on the invoice. Now you only invoice them for the first line. The invoice will print with a -$15,000 total because $10,000 - $25,000=$15,000. Now you come along and want to print an invoice for the second line. The deposit amount does not print on this second invoice. This is a problem because the customer is expecting to see a second invoice with a balance due of $0.00. Does ...

Copy formula for ranges from diff sheets #2
Unfortunatley then i have to go to every sheet, copy and paste special (transpose) What I need is some sort of formula that will copy the same range fro _all_sheets_ and then paste special (transpose) on to the referenc sheet. ? -- Berni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bernie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1457 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA >-----Original Message----- > >Unfortunatley then i h...

The Pivot Table field name is not valid, #2
I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why. My data is in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled. What do I have to do to get over this? Thanks Denise Hey Deniseh... The Pivot table is looking for a concentric group of columns and cells, my belief without seeing the data is that you have a column in the data range that does not have heading... check to verify that each the first cell in each column of the pivot table data range has a value populated -- Thanks for your help - Joe Mac "deniseh" wrote: > I am receiving the ab...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

synchronize sub forms-part 2
Don't see my earlier post... here I go again! Scenario: Main form (1)- frm1 based on tbl01 User enters 3 parameters to filter by p1,p2,p3 Subforms (6)- fsub1-fsub6 (each with its own tab) also based on tbl01 ALL subforms are Linked to frm1 through 2 fields (p2,p3) When the 3 parameters are chosen fsub1 will list the basic info associated with them. fsub2-fsub6 will list more specific info. With the following additions suggested by Robert Carlson: fsub1 On current Event: Forms![frm1]![fsub2].Requery fsub2 On Current Event: If IsNull(Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID) = False Then ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

How do I set OOR

Reminder Time vs Due By Field #2
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

Set Focus