Sequential numbering in Number field

When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to
indicate how the withdrawl was made.  When I download my account information,
Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number.  I have to go into the
entry a second time to redo my change.  Does anyone know how to turn this
"feature" off?  I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me
in the slightest.

0
NancyW (2)
1/5/2005 2:17:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic
premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading
data is that you want what they send. This is why a few of us just say no to
downloaded data and enter what we want the way we want it.

"NancyW" <NancyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to
> indicate how the withdrawl was made.  When I download my account
> information,
> Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number.  I have to go into the
> entry a second time to redo my change.  Does anyone know how to turn this
> "feature" off?  I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help
> me
> in the slightest.

Is there a way to add custom fields to the registry for personal use and
that could be used in reports?  I am not advanced enough to need this but
maybe to kick start a solution.

message news:epSDJ3s8EHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic
> premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading
> data is that you want what they send. This is why a few of us just say no
> downloaded data and enter what we want the way we want it.
>
> "NancyW" <NancyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA"
> > indicate how the withdrawl was made.  When I download my account
> > information,
> > Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number.  I have to go into the
> > entry a second time to redo my change.  Does anyone know how to turn
this
> > "feature" off?  I want my values used - sequential numbering does not
help
> > me
> > in the slightest.

0
Tucker
1/5/2005 3:29:19 AM
It would be nice and has long been on my wish list. No.

"Tucker" <email@loalhost> wrote in message
> Is there a way to add custom fields to the registry for personal use and
> that could be used in reports?  I am not advanced enough to need this but
> maybe to kick start a solution.

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

numbering rows, but skipping blanks
I'm using Column A of a spreadsheet to number some items in Column B. I've been using Excel's automatic series-filling function, where you drag down from the lower right corner of a cell. However, since some of the rows in Column B are empty, and I don't want them numbered, I have to stop numbering and manually "jump" over the blanks in Column A. Is there a way to automatically number down in Column A, while skipping over the blanks and continuing where I left off? I.e. 1 2 3 4 5 ? Thanks much. Try this in A1: =IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1),"...

Sequential Numbering
I am trying to automatically print sequential numbers on individual cards on 8.5" x 11" business card stock (to create tickets) using MS Publisher and cannot figure out how to get it to do this. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks. Hi Scott (scottmarsh@excite.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to automatically print sequential numbers on individual || cards on 8.5" x 11" business card stock (to create tickets) using MS || Publisher and cannot figure out how to get it to do this. Does || anyone know the secret? Thanks. Check out the following tutorial:...

Numbering Headers/
Hi Silver, Try going to File/Page Setup/Header-Footer/Custom Header/Should be the button shown in the header box with the # sign in it. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498476 ...

Controlling Sequential Numbers
I have been researching using sequential numbers for invoices an purchase orders, but all of them seem to advance the number eithe every time the document is opened or saved. My purchase order is par of a larger file, and since I will be opening and saving the fil without necessarily writing a purchase order I need more control ove its advancement. I was wondering how I could create a button that whe pressed or selected would advance the number by 1? Also, how could make it create a unique number depending on who's creating the purchas order. For example, let's say the user is ...

Field Privacy
I have a database that I need the SSN number for employees as the key. I want to make it so I can input the SSN number when I add an employee but make it so others that need to veiw the database can not see the number. How can I do this? Thanks It's going to be pretty much work if the SSN must be hidden from all other users. Also you won't be able to use it as the primary key field. Note: using a SSN as the PK is a bad idea anyway. What happens if you have an employee who is not a US citizen and therefore doesn't have a SSN? 1. You'll need to implement user...

HELP!! Trying to convert numbers.
Here is my problem. i have a series of 3 digit numbers that need to be cinverted to a series of 4 digit numbers using this following 722 needs to read as 5622 and in the next collum SV-7822 in the collum's to the right. what type of formula is this and how can i do it? The above is an example, i have a whole range of 3 digit numbers that need the exact. rules applied to all numbers. which is why i need a formula to do it. Help someone please!!!! I'm not completely clear on what your looking for but if 722 was in A1 in B1: = A1 + 4900 in B2: = ="SV-" & A1 + 7100...

What is the max number of...
What is the max number of records that can be put into a table in Microsoft Access? Does it vary from version to version? Thanks in advance. "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC4F1F10-A96C-4EC7-9E33-670828E53A0A@microsoft.com... > What is the max number of records that can be put into a table in > Microsoft > Access? Does it vary from version to version? Thanks in advance. Google or the online help would be your friend on this one. There's no fixed limit, there's only the limit on the overall size of the database file...

maximum number of worksheets in Excel 2000
Can anyone tell me what the maximum no. of worksheets is in Excel? Ton From Help...Limited by available memory (default is 3) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Ton" <Ton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB5EE739-9250-4D83-AA7C-EE82C02C0AA3@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me what the maximum no. of worksheets is in Excel? The maximum number only depends on the amount of memory available. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Ton" <Ton@dis...

Find missing sequential numbers
Hello, I'm looking for a way to quickly find what numbers are missing in column B. I can sort them ascending, but how do I find if there are missing numbers? 1 2 3 5 6 7 9 I need to know 4 and 8 are missing. Thank you. One way: select B2:Bx. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting... CF1: Formula is =(B2-B1)>1 Format1: <pattern>/<some color> or, without sorting, select column B (with B1 active): CF1: Formula is =AND(B1>MIN(B:B),COUNTIF(B:B,B1-1)=0) Both CF's will activate if there are missing numbers before them. In article <28706E9E-2624...

Access Form/Report Issue with fields
Posted in Access Tables but I think it should be here. Here's my scenario. I've got an tblAsset that has a list of assets. The key field is obviously Asset Number which will be unique to each record. What I am needing to do is pull up an Asset, and add assets under that one particular assets. Example, I have a building asset which I want fixture assets to fall under to show where those assets are. With that said, I've created a tblContents table that simply has these fields: id (autonumber PK), asset number, content number (the sub asset numbers). This concept would work fin...

Varying numbers against conisistent ones
Hello! I would like to chart varying salaries against specific Low, middle and high numbers. Any suggestions on how to show this? Example: Salary 1 10000 Salary 2 12000 Salary 3 16000 Low 9000 Mid 15000 High 19000 THANK YOU! Do you want the Low-Mid-High values to be like a benchmark to measure salaries against? You could put horizontal lines across your chart, and use markers for the salary data. Here' a few ways to get your lines: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials...

Page Number as watermark.
I have a file that displays the text "Page 1" in the center of the worksheet. I have not been able to find a way to stop the page number from displaying. There is no header/footer, no "background", no other special items that I could find that would force the display of this. It does not appear during the printing so it's not a "watermark". It merely displays in my view when I'm working in the worksheet. Help... Hi you're in page break preview view ... choose view / normal from the menu Cheers JulieD "whalenohana" <whalenohana@dis...

Maximum number of rows in a excel 2003 work sheet
Hi, As a new user to excel I am thinking of setting up a data base of my music. The total number of tracks is in excess of 70,000. I have seen a simple solution using excel which would be ok but I'm not sure if I can have 70,000 rows in one work sheet. A friend has suggested access which I am not familiar with and don't know if this will allow 70,000 entries. Can anyone please tell me what the maximum numbers are in both access and excel 2003. Cheers Glinty Max in Excel 2003 is 65536 (in one sheet) whereas Access only limit is your memory -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Saving Control Calculated Fields To Tables
I'm trying to save the calculated result of a control "=[grossPay]*.062" into a table. The form will only save bound user-entered fields to the table. I would like to have all of the data, even calculated fields saved to the table. Is there a way to save unbound form fields to a table? a control has to be bound to a field for the field to be updated (without some code). My guess is that your formula is in the control source property of the control. There are a couple of things you can do. 1. Move the formula to the default value property of the control. The issue here...

Sequential number in a query
Hi All, I am working on a YTD Sales report. I would like to know if I can create a cell in a query that will be a squential number. Starting with 1 on up. If so how would I do this? Report would look something like: Num Customer YTD Sales 1 Bobs Sales 495,000 2 Denny's 395,000 3 Biffs Supply 390,000 4.... -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can use a text box in the report: Control Source: =1 Running Sum: Over All -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mattc66 via AccessMo...

Change default numbering
How do I set up the basic template for text numbering in Word 2008 for the Mac? Here is what is driving me nuts: I want to generate numbered lists - lots and lots of them. The first level numbered lines will have second level under them in many cases, also numbered and indented below the first level. The second level will also have third level under them, intended some more and also numbered. This "sort-of" works fine. It USED to work excellently. Here is what I do. I click the Numbering button in the Bullets and Numbering palette. The line indents and a 1) is aut...

field filled out based on option selection
I have this situation In a form, I have a combo box named Product line with 4 options to select from: instrumentation, targetry, engineering, services. I also have a text box called “Participation%”. When the user makes a selection from the Product line, the percentage gets entered in the "Participation%" field automatically. Those have been defined in he table tblProductLine that contains the product name associated to the percentage. I don’t know how to do that. I don’t know much VBA. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In advance, thank you. SylvieB, Add t...

Page Numbering #2
Is there a way to have page numbering span multiple worksheets in a file? I would like to be able to print all the worksheets in a file and have the page numbers in the second worksheet pick up where the page numbers in the first worksheet ended without having to manually adjust the start point in worksheet 2. Please response back to the group. Thanks. JWeinberg I assume the page numbers are set up in your header/footer. If this is correct then all you need to do is select all the sheets you want to print by clicking on each sheet tab while holding down the control key. This will the...

Formatting phone numbers in Outlook 2003
Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in Outlook 2003 so that they appear as xxx yyy zzzz that is no dashes, no parentheses? If I am going to synch to my PDA I want the numbers as short as possible and, to me, as readable as possible. Steve No. Masking of phone numbers is hard coded and based on your default dialing location. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve E." <stevee21@swbell.net> wrote in message news:2dd601c48eb8$3ff4a1e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in > Outlook 2003 so that they appear as x...

Make positive number negitive
Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this column in a query all negitive values. I am using the IIf function but it is not working. Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] >=0, [budget_amount]*-1, [budget_amount]) or is there another function I could use? On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:18:00 -0700, Tamm Fox wrote: > Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this > column in a query all negitive values. > > I am using the IIf function but it is not working. > > Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] &g...

Precis Numbers
A3 is the result of A1/21 I want to bracket the number in A4 In MSWorks I would type the statement ="["&string(A3,0)&"]" In excel I get in some cells [1.436871259834] I'd like it to read [1] Help please. -- rodney@touch88gum.com.au (Remove gum to reply) Rodney, ="["&ROUND(A3,0)&"]" -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Rodney" <rodney@touch88.com.au> wrote in message news:OkME4oGVEHA.2564@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > A3 is the result of A1/21 > I want to bracket the number in A4 > In MSWorks I would type th...

how to insert page numbering in an excel cell
I'm trying to have a repeating cell automatically update the page number and number of pages, much the same as in a header/footer situation, but I need it to be done in 1 cell. Any suggestions? ...

Field Service substitution?
Hi there, Was wondering if there is any product that goes with Dynamics GP that is better than Field Service module for tracking and billing software maintenance renewals? This current one really leaves a lot to be desired! It calculates a renewal of less than a year, (a prorated period) as a whole years worth at renewal time! It uses the whole amount and populates it into the total, instead of using the monthly amount, as a key element. In other words, its a lot more manual tracking of information to keep customers billed the correct rates, and on one renewal than seems necessary,...

How to import ole fields to a SQL Server db
Hi, I have an access db. In a table I have an ole field where I have lots of Word Docs stored. I need to pass all the Access database data to a new SQL Server database, but I have a problem, the word docs... It seems that Access put an header to the docs stored in its ole field, but I can't find it. Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance Roberto Cerulli Hi Roberto, Yes, documents stored in an Access OLE field don't consist just of the contents of the file but also include a wrapper with information about the parent application of the document and usually a preview image. I don...