Search isn't working in the newsgroup

I tried to search for install, reinstall, setup, etc.   I get the following:
Your query for "install" did not return results.

The following may help you find the results you were looking for:

Check your spelling.
Enter a term or phrase that's less specific.
Try different phrasing.
Try fewer words.

What is the problem?

--

David Wertz
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Got me. Try an Advanced Search of newsgroup microsoft.public.money at
http://groups.google.com.

"David Wertz" <DavidWertz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to search for install, reinstall, setup, etc.   I get the
>following:
> Your query for "install" did not return results.
>
> The following may help you find the results you were looking for:
>
> Check your spelling.
> Enter a term or phrase that's less specific.
> Try different phrasing.
> Try fewer words.
>
> What is the problem?
>
> --
>
> David Wertz

Working with windows media player in access
I have added a Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form and I want to play a video file when I click on an command button. The file to be played is that of the content of a field on that form. For example, if field A contains the text c:\test video1.iso and I click the command button, then play video c:\test video1.iso. If this value changes to another vodeo file name, then play that file. I can't find how to set the URL of the windows media activex control to read a field on a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. On Jan 27, 9:10 am, TOMAC <TO.....

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

My Office 2007 spell checker is not working.
For some reason, Office 2007 is not finding my spelling errors (in Word or PowerPoint). It is not auto-correcting, highlighting errors, or finding errors when I manually run spell check. When I go to Word options, the dialog boxes indicate that it's on and that auto-correct is also on. What's happening? ...

Search engine optimization

Outlook 2003 multiple issues. Does this thing work?
Had Outlook 2002. Worked fine. Upgraded to Outlook 2003. Now all kinds of problems. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran updates, etc. still no help. Here are problems. 1. Crashed all the time with a ntdll.dll error 2. If I send in Rich Text or HTML format the messages arrive completely blank. 3. Cannot customize any view. The flag column is about the 5th column over and header status is the 1st. I have removed header status and moved flag about 2,000 times and they don't move or go anywhere. Seems they put customize view in there just to give you something to click on so they ...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #5
When using Outlook 2000, clicking on Customize Outlook Today doesn't work. I can click the button, but it doesn't take me anywhere. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:dfca01c3efdc$4ee01de0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Jac...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Outlook stops working after loading outlook connector
After loading Outlook Connector to use Hotmail on Outlook 2003 my Outlook has stopped working with my exisitng mail service. I cannot use the "email accounts" item, it says the operation failed due to an installation or registry problem. Also it will not respond when I select send & receive. I have tried reinstalling outlook, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole office package (2003) with no success. So currently I have no way to use Outlook at all. Does anyone know what may be causing this? What exactly is the entire error message? That message is lik...

ResizeParentToFit() does not work!
This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text, while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools. ---559023410-1804928587-1117212161=:19106 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE Hello. I am developing an image based application. I have chosen to use CScrollView. I want the size of the window to be=20 set initially to the size of the image so that the scrollbars disappear. I have tried to use the following code: SetScrollSizes(MM_TEXT, docSize); GetParentFrame()->RecalcL...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

CScrollbar on CPropertyPage NOT working
I have a scrollbar placed on a PropertyPage and it is not receiving any scroll messages. The scrollbar control is not the dialog scrollbar. It is a child control. I'm tried trapped the message, via ON_NOTIFY(VM_VSCROLL, ID_SCROLLBAR, OnMyScrolled), but the function "OnMyScrolled" doesn't get called. I've also tried deriving a new class, MyScrollBar, and providing a OnVScroll(), but that is never getting called. Is there some property of the dialog I should have on or off? The only event I can add to the scroll bar via the .NET "class wizard", is THEME_CHANG...

How can I search for a phrase within thousands of documents 2003 search I searched for "Trust" in document name and "special needs" within document -- Irritated 2007 Word User You could do that by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm probably in combination with the code in the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm ...

search
Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search for a message on the screen and get nothing. mvestel@lbl.gov Sorry, that's not enough info. It should work if the parameters are configured correctly. Can you be more specific about how it fails? "Michael Vestel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45bb01c39f70$922026c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never > get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search > for a message on ...

HELP
The only junk rules I have which seem to work are those that filter on the recipients name, absolutely NONE of them work that use words in the subject or message. I am bombarded with more and more junk mail every day, it takes more and more time away from my work. Is there a secret to writing junk rules filtering for words? I know it won't look at HTML messages but the subject isn't in HTML, or is it???? All help would be appreciated! Thanks, Mich Here's a little of what I found in some of today's junk email based on what you suggested.... Received: from 192.173.8.73 ([...