Savings Goals, how are they calculated

I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month,
when I setup a savings goal for three months down the
road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the
max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into
the savings goals other than how much money is left over
after each month! It just doesn't make sense.

The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and
sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be
reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+
dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a
savings goal above $345?!!! This is extremely frustrating!
0
anonymous (74717)
6/23/2004 2:04:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

PivotTable Calculated Items trouble
My PivotTable has two fields in the rows area: Country and Company, one columns field Date and one data field Profit. Profit Date Country Company 2003 2004 ------------------------------------------- Germania 110 170 BMW 50 80 Mercedes 60 90 USA 40 70 Chrysler 30 Ford 10 70 Grand Total 150 240 When I add a calculated item (difference between two Date items) to the PivotTable, it changes the affiliation of Companies to Countries and displays the whole list of Companies under each Country. Why? Profit Date Country Company 2003 2004 Diff -------------------------------...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Trying to calculate third day from today...
I'm trying to come up with a formula to calculate the third day out from today, excluding weekends and holidays. I'm pretty sure I should use the WORKDAY function, however I only know how to use this function when using a specific date to add three to; not when using a rolling date. Can someone help? -- telewats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ telewats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30270 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501177 Hi! You practically already ha...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Pivot Table % calculation
I am getting a div/o error, when i insert a calculation into a pivot table. How can i leave blank instead of getting the Div/0 error thanks jerry You can hide the errors: Right-click on a cell in the pivot table Choose Table Options Add a check mark to 'For error values, show' Leave the text box empty Click OK jerry wrote: > I am getting a div/o error, when i insert a calculation into a pivot table. > How can i leave blank instead of getting the Div/0 error > > thanks > jerry > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contexture...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....

Calculating Time?
I have a spread sheet that in colum a I enter the time in, B is Time out, C is total time for that period, C is total for the day. Now I am trying to add all the total for the day, which it does fine unless the total time for the week is greater then 24hours. Ex: Daily Total: 0:00 Daily Total: 0:30 Daily Total: 1:00 Daily Total: 0:00 Daily Total: 2:00 Daily Total: 1:00 Daily Total: 0:00 Total: 4:30 Correct Daily Total: 4:00 Daily Total: 4:00 Daily Total: 5:00 Daily Total: 4:00 Daily Total: 4:00 Daily Total: 4:00 Daily Total: 4:00 Total: 5:...

Transfer from Checking into Savings account...
OK all, Now I'm really confused. I'm using M05 Deluxe and I set up an ING Direct savings account. I transfered $20.00 into the ING account from checking but when I look at the ING savings account register, it shows a poitive Decrease of 20.00 and a balance of (20.00). As if I owe 20.00 to ING. However, when I click on the Home tab, it shows that ING has a positive amount of $20.00. What gives? Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks, Steve Essential Register and/or downloaded transaction data? What type of Money Account is the ING Savings ...

How do I make excel say a phrase when hitting a certain goal in a
I'm making a numbers reporting sheet for my retail store, and would like the sheet to automatically say "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal!!!" when another cell hits above $30.... Is this possible? Hi, Right click your sheet tab and view code and paste the code below in. Change the cell to what you want Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Range("A1").Value > 30 Then Application.Speech.Speak "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal" End If End Sub Mike -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis tha...

Save All...
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, Is there a way to do a Save All (all opened files) in a similar fashion as clicking Shift|File|Close All ? Failing that, any macros out there I could use? Thanks a million! Here is one I use to save and close all opened files including the file housing the macro and leaving excel. Sub CLOSE_ALL() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each w In Application.Workbooks If w.Name <> ThisWorkbook.Name Then w.Save w.Close ' w.Close SaveChanges:=True 'MsgBox w.Name End If Next w ThisWorkbook.Save Applicati...