Rounding on Investment transactions

I've seen this problem for quite a while in Monday (at least 01, 02, 03,
and 04).  But when I'm entering my transactions, often times the final
amount (shares*cost+comm) don't equal out, it's always the matter of 1
penny, but I'm a bit anal that way.

For instance.  0.78800 shares at 27.8900 per share.  Fully worked out it
comes to 21.97732.  So when Money does the transaction it rounds it to
21.98 (makes perfect sense).  My brokerage relays the cost as 21.97.

What options do I have to make these transactions actually work out?  Since
I can't do a negative commision (seems stupid to me but oh well) I can't
fix it very easily.

Thanks
0
_PC_
1/11/2004 12:01:14 AM
money 28651 articles. 6 followers. Follow

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:01:14 GMT, "_PC_" <pc@i.com> wrote:

>I've seen this problem for quite a while in Monday (at least 01, 02, 03,
>and 04).  But when I'm entering my transactions, often times the final
>amount (shares*cost+comm) don't equal out, it's always the matter of 1
>penny, but I'm a bit anal that way.
>
>For instance.  0.78800 shares at 27.8900 per share.  Fully worked out it
>comes to 21.97732.  So when Money does the transaction it rounds it to
>21.98 (makes perfect sense).  My brokerage relays the cost as 21.97.
>
>What options do I have to make these transactions actually work out?  Since
>I can't do a negative commision (seems stupid to me but oh well) I can't
>fix it very easily.
>
>Thanks

Enter the Total, commission if any, and number of shares.  Let Money calculate
the price.  That way, your number of shares and total investment will tally
with your brokerage.  If the cost per share is off a fraction of a cent, it
doesn't really matter.

--ron

Investment House
I have purchased a house for the sole purpose of investment. Within M06 I have created a 'house asset' and a linked 'mortgage liability'. This all works well and I get plenty of pretty charts. Fundamentally, this house is part of my investment portfolio and I am wondering if there is a way to include the house in the Portfolio Manager (without creating a second entry) so I can see my investment returns etc. I need a way of associating rental income and increases in value of the house. Thanks. I'll watch the thread looking for an alternate answer, but in general Mone...

Return of Capital for Stock Investments
I'm not sure if Microsoft looks at this bulletin board or not, but I think they should. They seem to have a few flaws in their software. I have a stock (BCE) that I bought and because of the Nortel split off, received a return of capital. Thus, to date, BCE is down about $400, but Money indicates $6000 down. I had this fixed in Money 2001 by re-entering all the transactions again. I shouldn't have to do this again, should I? Thanks On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:51:30 -0700, "Bill M." <cableguy1948@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure if Microsoft looks at th...

round() ?
Hello How can i round float to 2 digits after '.' ? Thanx Quick and Dirty: Multiply by 100, add 0.5 (to round up correctly). convert to long, then back to float, then divide by 100. This is limited to values that will fit within a long, and is not efficient. It is reliable. also: float val; val = val - fmod(val, .01); Or, the real thing: char *_fcvt( double value, int count, int *dec, int *sign ); Which is a char string, which you can then feed to atof() and get your rounded value back. Alas, beware errors in precision limits! Balboos user@domain.invalid wrote: >...

rounding #9
is there a way to have a column round automatically instead of having to round onto another column? I don't want to add another column to just be able to round. -- denhar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24089 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378356 If the column contains formulas, the formulas can incorporate the Round() function within themselves. For example, if the formula is: =A1*B1 it could be revised to: =ROUND(A1*...

HQ Upgrade
I am upgrading to HQ. I currently have 2 stores and will add a 3rd in a couple of weeks. Is there any way to import our old transaction data into HQ. Both stores have the same databases, more specifically, the ID field values are the same for products in both databases. I don't think the transaction info is saved when the master databases are created during HQ setup and the store database is exported. I was thinking about writing a little script to import the transaction data back into the store databases and then let HQ import it into the main database. Unless someone alread...

Rounding question
I'm using Excel 2007 but 'save as' 97-2003 as colleagues have different versions. All number formats are set to 2 decimal places. I'm finding that percentage calculations are rounding up to 2 decimal places but when the result in currency is subtracted from another figure the sum is rounded down. This gives results such as 6 - 3 = 4. I'm sure there must be a simple answer but I can't find it. Hoping someone here knows, as checking all simple calcuations is getting ridiculous ! Carrie "Carrie" <pantscarolyn.smith2@ntlworld.com> w...

Investment Performance Report
I have various investments in diferent countries and consequently exchange rates. How can I make an investment performace report isolating which isolates the investment performance in local currentcy from the currency fluctuation with USD? Thank you. ...

Problem with rounding currency values
Hi, I am using the Sales Global Procedure SOP_Calculate_Trade_Discount_Split. This procedure returns the line trade discount. The line trade discount returned is rounded off. eg: if value is 6.76 then it returns 7.00. Is there some place where i can specify to turn off the rounding off? The output type is Currency. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Sup ...

Round Up and Round Down Time
Good Morning & a Happy New Year to all subscribers in this group. I want to round up Start times and round down Finish times to the next or previous 15 minutes in my spreadsheet. I have found MROUND but this does not work for me in all cases. There does not seem to be MROUNDUP or MROUNDDOWN available. I can get the results I want using a VLOOKUP table but is there another way? Regards to all, Dave Moore =FLOOR(A1,TIME(,15,)) =CEILING(A1,TIME(,15,)) -- David Biddulph DaveMoore wrote: > Good Morning & a Happy New Year to all subscribers in this group. > >...

Transaction Rollback
Hello, I'm trying to write a small application to allow users to unlock themselves from GP without affecting the 'Transaction rollback capability'. I've identified 10 tables and many stored procedures that the 'Delete' button in the activity screen uses when removing users. My questions are... How can I set up test scenarios for this 'Transaction Rollback' facility. Has anyone done any work on this?... Thanks, am FYI: v8.0 has the functionality for a user to remove themselves from the system during login as a new feature. David Musgrave [MSFT] Se...

Automatic Rounding problems
I am using Money 99 and, only on investments section, when I try enter a price or quantity with a decimal part, it simply round it to an integer number automatically when I exit the edit box. Do you know how can I make it work correctly. My Contorl Panel / Currency is already configured to 2 decimal digits and it works perfectly in the other fields where I have to put a value. Thanks for your help. Fabio Wasn't Money 99 around before they decimalized stocks? May not be possible to fix it... Fabio Pires wrote: > I am using Money 99 and, only on investments section, > when...

Move downloaded transactions to another account?
For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct account. Is this possible to do in Money 2008? in 2007 right click on the transaction and copy and paste to different account, not sure about 08. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:%23JYlJMq3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared > in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct > account. > > I...

Rounding numbers in charts
HHi U'm not very good with computers. And I did a spreadsheet on excel and had percentages I wanted to put in a chart...when I created the chart (piechart) the values came out all inacurate. I wanted one to be 8% and it came out 6%. I heard you couold try and fix it using decimal places but that only makes a minor difference. Is there something I dont know about thats fairly simple to do? Hi Andrea If you'ld like to give us an example of your data (e.g. three categories and the associated percentages) and explain to us where the percentages came from - did you type th...

Cleaning Up Transaction Registers
I am using MS Money 4000 Deluxe. I have transactions in my checking registers that go back to 2000. I tried to archive transactions before 1 Dec. 2005 using the Archive function. I completed the boxes regarding dates and which accounts I wanted to archive. Money created the archive file but all the transactions back to 2000 are still listed in my account transaction files. How do I delete all the archived transactions from those registers? "Richard Reynolds" <reyn1533@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:cGJOf.1190$k6.820@bignews8.bellsouth.net... >I am using MS...

This transaction cannot be entered
I have started to get a popup window with the text of 'This transaction cannot be entered." with just a OK button on it when I attempt to update something in one of my Money 2002 accounts. I have had Money software for about 5 years now and this is a first. Any ideas what is causing this? I run McAfee virus scan daily and have had no virus reports. I am running Win 98 SE. cab You probably have a corrupted file. Look at the FAQ's at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ I would also recommend that you open a case with Microsoft as they do not feel that they have a problem ...

Hide securities/investments
On main view, under Investment Summary, there is an investment which hasn't had any transactions since 2002. Is there anyway I can hide it? Hi Peter, Click Reports>reports gallery>investments>portfolio value by investment account>customize>investment tab. Remove the check from in front of any investment you want to hide. That should take care of your problem. shortnold1@hotmail.com "Peter DeSimone" wrote: > On main view, under Investment Summary, there is an investment which hasn't > had any transactions since 2002. Is there anyway I can hide it? &...

invest only 5 dollars and make thousands
Hi, I thought I should share this amazing story with everyone. Last summer my daughters 13yr. old friend that lives across the street told me she had $21,000 in her bedroom closet and didn't want her parents to find it. She asked me if I could hold it in my bank account for her. I was totally shocked by all this. The first thing I asked of course is, Are you serious and where the heck did you get $21,000? She thought if her parents found out about the money she would get in trouble. She didn't think that she would still be getting all this money in the mail. She said she just wanted to...

Transaction Not Finalizing
One of our customers had some pretty heinous spyware on one of their registers running RMS 2.0 (no service packs installed). The only available loaner we had available had all the service packs up to 3 installed, so before sending it out to the customer, I downgraded the machine by uninstalling the updates. Once on site, there were no problems except for credit card transactions. When performing a CC transaction, the card would swipe correctly, and the transaction would be sent to the batch and the processor (Mercury) could see the transaction, however it would return to the tender ...

managing investments
Hello, I am wondering if someone here can help me, I am looking for some portfolio management software that will make my life easier by being able to: - handle property, stocks and derivatives in the one product rather than three separate products - manage several portfolios that are different (eg: my personal investments as well as my investment club in another portfolio) without them interferring with eachother - prepare accurate capital gains reports including capital gains components from distributions as well(!) not just sales - calculate capital gains accurately by taking into accou...

Payment amount in linked transaction
It seems that the dollar amount in linked transactions does _not_ default to the downloaded amount. So, when I accept these transactions, I have to manually update the amount to the banks downloaded amount. Is there a way to tell money to automatically default the amount to the downloaded amount? Please advise. Thanks, Dave ...

Inventory Transactions In Table IV10001
Transfer documents are hung up in Table IV10001. These transactions are causing allocations on the Item Quantity Records. Reconcile did not address the issue. I am thinking about deleting these transactions via SQL. Any ideas on this matter would be appreciated. Any ideas on what causes transactions to hang up in this table would be appreciated also. Thanks! "Jerry" wrote: > Transfer documents are hung up in Table IV10001. These > transactions are causing allocations on the Item Quantity > Records. Reconcile did not address the issue. I am > thinking...

How to round & sum only the displayed (rounded) numbers
I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I try only calculates it based on the unrounded numbers and as such many sum numbers are off by 1 (or really 1,000). Any help would be awesome! thanks On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:57:01 -0800, ALG <ALG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a >formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I >try only calculates it based on t...

Formula for rounding numbers.
I would like the formula for the following situation. How do I make all numbers in cell A3 from 1-32 round up to 33, all numbers 34-65 round up to 66 and all numbers 67-99 round up to 100? Thank you for any help. Alexis Hi Alexis See if =INT(CEILING(A3,100/3)) does what you want. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Alexis Anthony" <alexisanthony1@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:56c40e33.0405021336.1aa773f0@posting.google.com... > I would like the formula for the following situation. > > How do I make all numbers in cell A3 from 1-32 round up to 33, all > numbers 34-65 r...

Time, & Round?
My spread sheet is used to track arrival times at a specific location. The location has a scheduled arrival time in column C, in column D I enter the actual arrival time when a vehicle arrives, and column E calculates the difference. I use the 1904 time system so I’ll be able to calculate and show negative time. Column E is set with =IF(D3=””,””,D3-C3) this will have column E appear blank until the actual time is entered. Without =IF(D3=””,””,D3-C3)in column E and with =D3-C3 this will show the negative of the scheduled time i.e. -4:59 or -18:44. The schedule time is always pr...

Synchronize only selected investment accounts to MSN money
Hi, Money 2004 does have the ability to synchronize with MSN Money , but what bothers me is that it is an all or none choice. You either upload all accounts or none of the accounts. But I don't want my bank and spending acounts to be uploaded. Is there a way that we can only upload some chosen investment accounts? Is this supported in Money 2005? Thanks, Geoffrey ...