Restore

I'm trying to restore my latest money 95 backup, but the
file extention on the file is MBF not mny.  Does't seem
to like that extention (mbf).  That extention was
automatically assign by Money 95 when I did the backup.
Is there anything I can do to restore that file???

Thanks
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Anton wrote:

>I'm trying to restore my latest money 95 backup, but the
>file extention on the file is MBF not mny.  Does't seem
>to like that extention (mbf).  That extention was
>automatically assign by Money 95 when I did the backup.
>Is there anything I can do to restore that file???

You are doing File->Restore->RestoreFromABackup...->LetMeBrowse... ?

During the restore, don't try to restore to the default location.
That location may not exist on the new computer. Instead, Browse to
My Documents.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Restoring an old backup of Exchange to recover e-mails
Does anyone know an easy way to take an existing Exchange server that is completely functional and temporarily roll back to an older database from backup so we can recover some e-mails from a user's inbox? I don't want to have to restore the old database by overwriting the existing functional system. Can I copy or move the existing database? or can I restore the old database to a different location and then point Exchange to the restored database temporarily? Any feedback would be much appreciated Version of Exch? On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:55:59 -0700, "Graham Gillies...

Recovery Storage Group Restoration problem
We recently had a major power problem which created an Exchange issue. The current config is a single Exchange site in a 2 node clustered environment. The cluster is built with GeoCluster and DoubleTake. Here is the issue...After the power came back on-line Node A came back as the active node. Prior to the power failure Node B had been the active node for quite some time. When users opened Outlook they noticed that their mailboxes only contained data up to October 5th 2006. It seems as though replication between A and B had not taken place since the 5th. So I created a Recovery Storage ...

Restoring Clean CRM 1.2 Database
I'm looking for a way to restore a clean "virgin" version of the CRM database. No, I didn't make a backup before I started. Customer has CRM 1.2. Ideally, I'd like to avoid doing a complete re-install as an option. I know I can do this through a 3rd party or custom app calling the web services, but I was hoping for something a little more efficient interacting directly with the database at the SQL Server level. Any ideas? -- ''''************************** ''''My error trap just caught a monster! ''''**************...

restore compressed picture files
After I compressed picture files, I cannot restore them back to the original size pictures, please help. Reload the original pictures from your camera. Janeen Saye wrote: > After I compressed picture files, I cannot restore them back to the original > size pictures, please help. ...

Exchange logs for restore
I understand that if you have all the logs for a information store you can roll the database to any point in time. This is just a curios question, if you didn't have the information store, but all the logs, how would you go about recreating the information store? On 10 Feb 2006 11:28:20 -0800, "James Marcus" <marcus.james@gmail.com> wrote: >I understand that if you have all the logs for a information store you >can roll the database to any point in time. This is just a curios >question, if you didn't have the information store, but all the logs, >how wo...

Restoring older version of spreadsheet
Does anyone know how to restore back to an older version of a spreadsheet? Thanks,Barb Barbara Choose File, Save As (ALT +F, A) Click on the Save As Type drop-down list and you have a choice - options include 95, 97 - 2000 or 2002 if you have it. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to restore back to an older version >of a spreadsheet? Thanks,Barb >. > Hi Barbara, Do you mean a previous version of the same spreadsheet, ie prior to changes being made and saved? I'm going to guess that you're asking because someone has made changes ...

How do I restore the ability to click on a link from an email?
For some reason, I all of a sudden am having an error come up when I go to click on a liink from my email...saying restricted and to contact my sys admin. I did run a diagnostic's and did not come up with anything being an issue. LynnTwin wrote: > For some reason, I all of a sudden am having an error come up when I go to > click on a liink from my email...saying restricted and to contact my sys > admin. I did run a diagnostic's and did not come up with anything being an > issue. That is NOT what the error message says. - Do NOT omit the message. - ...

Restoring columns
Excel 2003 workbook, column have number numeraton. Cells in Name Box have strange numeration, i.e. first row and first column in Name Box marked as "R1C1"; 1st row and 2nd column have "R1C2" and so on. I need add formulas in some cell, but this numeration prevent formulas work correctly. I.e. if I want multiply, R1C2 x R1C3, I got broken formulas like =RC[-2]*RC[-1] Something wrong here. In xl2003 menus: Tools|Options|General tab uncheck R1C1 Reference style In xl2007: Office button|Excel Options|Formulas|Working with formulas uncheck R1C1 Reference style This opt...

Restore Public Folders created duplicate emails
Hello All, We had to restore from tape backup all our public folders onto our Exchange 2003 server. We noticed that it started to restore duplicates of every email. Does anyone know why this is happening and a solution to delete all the duplicates? We use Veritas for the restore. Thanks! On 31 Mar 2006 03:49:32 -0800, "open24hrs@gmail.com" <open24hrs@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >We had to restore from tape backup all our public folders onto our >Exchange 2003 server. We noticed that it started to restore duplicates >of every email. Does anyone know why t...

eseadmin /p restore
My exchange 5.5 box ran out of space and in the process of freeing up my Support Technician moved log files that caused the priv.edb and pub.edb to become corrupt. We were unwilling to trust the Arcserver brick level back up from the night before so used the eseutil function. We 1st checked that the databases were corrupt. We then ran eseutil /r to soft repair which worked on the pub.edb but not the priv.edb. We then ran eseutil /P on the priv.edb, which found inconsistencies. We then ran the isinteg -patch (I tried running isinteg - fix but this refused to run and just throwing up the isinte...

Restore Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000
I've got an Exchange 5.5 backup that was made on a NT 4 Server using ArcServeIT 6.61. I need to test that backup on a 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5... 1) do I need knowledge of Active Directory? 2) is it possible...what are the possible problems? 3) what approach would you take? Mathieu 1.) No 2.) You should always restore to same OS and service pack. We will reindex the database upon starting but you normally want it in a consistent state for that. 3.) I would do the online restore to Exchange 5.5 on NT4 and if you can get offline (clean) copies I would put them in place on the ...

Problem after Restore Backup
Moving Money 2002 and data from Computer A to Comp B. Restore Data files as instructed. All data is there, but I cannot add any new transactions! What did I do wrong? In microsoft.public.money, Jill wrote: >Moving Money 2002 and data from Computer A to Comp B. >Restore Data files as instructed. About those instructions -- what were they? > All data is there, but >I cannot add any new transactions! >What did I do wrong? Copied first to floppy disks (2) on Comp A. At comp B - Restore Backup; he followed MSFT instructions: "To restore a Money file from a diff...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

Restore to another place Urgent
Hi Is there anyway to restore an exchange 2000 server database without overwriting the existing database I need to restore just one individual mailbox. Thanks William to do that, you need a recovery server... "William Cooper" <nospamw.cooper@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:u8GhXtTOEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there anyway to restore an exchange 2000 server database without > overwriting the existing database I need to restore just one individual > mailbox. > > Thanks > > William > > Hi, Please the following link to he...

Exchange 5.5 restoration
Hi, I have exchange 5.5 & having only online backup of Directory Database. I have installed the new Exchange Server 5.5 with the same old setting & restore the directory database on this Server. All the users are showing now, but Information Store service is not started and it gives error " Event ID: 7024 - The MS Exchange Information Store service terminated with Service Specific Errpr 4012". Pl. help us how to resolved this. -- Regards, Ahmad M. Zahoory E-mail: ahmad.zahoory@gmail.com So does the information start and then stop with this error or does it just no...

Restoring Gridlines
In an Excel 2000 spreadsheet I inserted some rows and deleted some cells. The gridlines in these inserted or deleted and restored cells lack gridlines. I tried to restore them using Format->Cells->Border, but could not find any place to restore gridlines (I am not trying to outline cells, just restore gridlines). Similarly, on the Sheet View options, gridlines is checked, and all cells show gridlines, but the erased and restored or inserted cells. How can I simply make gridlines reappear in these cells? Thanks in advance. Have you changed the format of the cells to h...

Backup-Restore SQL server database using C#
Hi! I'm trying to use SMO from C# to backup and restore (restore over an existing database) a SQL-server database (SQL-server 2005). Everything is working but when I add a few lines of code where I try to read the datafile information which I will use to re-locate data files during the restore I receive an error message. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine(file.FileName); I receive the following error {"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlErro...

Lead Custom Fields Fail to Appear after restoring
We are having problems keeping the customizations for the Lead forms only after restoring. We have customized the Lead form after data migration, backed up the database, exported the customizations to HTML, as a precaution, then when we restore the database only the Lead customizations do not appear (all other customizations on the Account an Contact forms appear), and when we try and import in the html customization file back in, it they still don't appear. Any solution to this? Thanks in advance! Shauna Have you run the deployment manager on your CRM server after saving customi...

Online restore to RSG
Can I use the RSG to restore Public Folders? On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 05:05:01 +0100, "Maurice Bishop" <office@nospam-here-please.mjbishop.com> wrote: >Can I use the RSG to restore Public Folders? > No, unfortunately not at this time. ...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

Restore Windows TaskBar
Hi all, I need to restore the TaskBar/TrayBar in Windows XP (Multilanguage). I removed via System Registry (regedit.exe), but I don't know how to restore it!! I followed this article: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/87/1/How-to-remove-Taskbar-and-Start-Menu-icon-from-My-Computer.html and I'd like to reverse it! Can you help me please? I must return the PC in the afternoon! Thank you all! Pictor wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to restore the TaskBar/TrayBar in Windows XP (Multilanguage). > > I removed via System Registry (regedit.exe), but I ...

Restoring a DC over a year old, Event 8012.
Hi, I never usually have any issues cloning a curretn DC, however I need to restore one that is over 1 year old for our Law team. I think it has something to do with a tomestone of 60 days on the System State, what can I do? I did think about changint the servers clock before restoring. Hello Whiteford, Is that the only DC in the network? Basically you will loose all configuration since then and also all computers have to be readded to the domain, because they loose there machine password. If you have additional DCs, forget the restore that way and better install ...

How to backup and Restore PWA site and databases to another server
Hi, I want to take the backup of Full PWA site and all the 4 related databases with it with all the settings and restore the same to some other server. Can anyone plz help me in this.. Thanks in Advance Dear BABAL... You should download the View Backup and Restore Tool from Microsoft at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=06c9ec22-5fed-45e8-9f37-301cde2e55a8&DisplayLang=en or Brian Smith provides an expert instruction on this: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2008/09/26/project-server-2007-moving-a-copy-of-production-to-test-part-1.aspx ...

help. restore went back too far
My wireless adapter wsn't being recognized so I thoought I would do a system restore. it did not ask me to set a restore point. it seems to have gone back to the original date ( jan, 1 2005). I cannot find most of my documents, music, photos etc. the system even had me re-name the computer as if I just took it out of the box and turned it on for the first time. By the result, I'm guessing that you did not use the Windows System Restore (found under Accessories, System Tools, System Restore), but used the manufacturers restore/setup program. The Windows System Restore woul...

Multiple E-mail Account Back-up/Restore
I'm getting a new computer and I want to move my Outlook data. Currently, I have 3 e-mail accounts configured. Should I be looking for 3 separate .pst files or is everything stored in a single .pst file? Thanks! Dell Christopher wrote: > I'm getting a new computer and I want to move my Outlook data. Currently, I > have 3 e-mail accounts configured. Should I be looking for 3 separate .pst > files or is everything stored in a single .pst file? > > Thanks! > > Assuming they are all POP accounts, all your DATA is in the one pst file. The Email Accoun...