reports in "cash flow" with (red) expense amounts

I can generate the rpt ok, but some of the categories come
out in red and parens, showing they are backed out.  I
don't want them backed out! I have tried re-entering, but
that's no help.  Probably some boxed is checked, but I
can't imagine what so can't find it.  Help in product was
no help, and I've read my MONEY 2002 FOR DUMMIES to no
avail, too.  Hoping someone here can help!
0
anonymous (74718)
2/11/2004 9:59:18 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In the cash flow report, Income will be positive. Black no parens. Expenses
will be negative. (Red w/ parens.) Is this what you are seeing? This is
because Income is cash flow in--like the rising tide and Expenses are cash
flow out--like the receding tide. Just like a manual check register. Make a
deposit. Add it. Write a check. Subtract it.

"Beth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can generate the rpt ok, but some of the categories come
> out in red and parens, showing they are backed out.  I
> don't want them backed out! I have tried re-entering, but
> that's no help.  Probably some boxed is checked, but I
> can't imagine what so can't find it.  Help in product was
> no help, and I've read my MONEY 2002 FOR DUMMIES to no
> avail, too.  Hoping someone here can help!

Trying to print transactions in cash flow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C38D83.7CB0CE60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Money 2003 and am trying to print out the transactions that are = listed in my cash flow. Can't seem to get this to work, as it will only = print the chart for the forecast...that does me no good. Any ideas here? Jennifer ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C38D83.7CB0CE60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

how to print cash flow forecast
I would like to have the ability to print out a report or print out the transactions that show in the cash flow forecast. I haven't been able to find any way to do this in Money 2004. If anyone can tell me how, I would appreciate it. ...

"Cash Flow"--What am I doing wrong?
Hi, I'm still somewhat of a newbie at MS Money. I am using version 2003, Personal/Small Business, but am planning to switch to 2004, Personal this week. Here is my problem: I went through the budget wizard and setup my monthly/semi-annual/annual spending, along with adding savings/investments as categories too (should I have done that?). I got to the end and it all balanced out nicely, with enough money for every month and leaving about $65.00 left over in the account for whatever. But when I look at the Cash Flow, it shows my finances dipping in and out of the red during the next what ...

Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts
On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card, and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71). When I check each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the transactions in each account, I can't find anything that would be causing this. (The ending balances at the list of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My currency is also correctly set to USD. Does anyone know where this huge number might be coming from? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money...

Money 2002 Cash Flow Forecast
Hello. I've been using Money 2002 for about a year and last week I encountered a problem with the cash flow forecast. When I go to various account registers, I can see my forecast down at the bottom of the window. However, I can't get to the cash flow page. Also, my primary checking account register shows the cash flow chart, but says I have $0 now and that there will be no other upcoming activity. When I try to access the cash flow page in any way, whether by clicking on the little chart in my registers or using the button in my toolbar, nothing happens. I'm guessi...

Simple Cash Flow Small business
I have a small janitorial business with recurring jobs w/the same clients. I want something simple & very inexpensive to keep track. Ideas? ...

Cash flow graph goes blank
When I followed the wizard to replace my old mortgage data with a refinanced mortgage, the cash flow graph disappeared from my home page. Since the purpose of entering this data is to TRACK cash flow, I want to get the graph back. So far I have tried: 1) Close Money and open again; 2) Go online for all updates; 3) Search FAQs 4) Search knowledge base. Any ideas? I am using the Business and Personal version of Money 2002. This is a FAQ: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits i...

Cash Flow Report not working properly.
I have been using Money 2004 Deluxe Home Edition for several months. Suddenly, the cash flow report is not including all my bills entered in the bills & deposits section. Any idea why and how to resolve? ...

Advance Finanical Reports : Statement of Cash Flow
Hi, To creat a Statement of Cash Flow in Advance Financial Reports i need an existing sample report of Statement of Cash Flow , so from where can i get this sample report. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -- Developer ...

How to Display Categories in Cash Flow Report?
Hi, I just bought Money 2004. It looks great, but has a small problem: when I use the cash flow report, it put everything under the "uncategorized expenditure." I realize that when I download the transactions, Money seems to be doing everything automatically and did not put transactions into different categories. Is there any way to quickly put transactions into categories so that I can analyze income/expense by category? Thanks, Geoffrey most of banks don't inculde category in the downloaded statement. We have to manually do this job. >-----Original Message-----...

Show yearly budged item in cash flow?
I am using Money 2005 Deluxe. I am working with a checking account that shows Montlhy budgeted items as well as scheduled withdrawals and expenses. This works well. However, items that are budgeted yearly for this checking account are not showing up in the cash flow. For example: Cash Flow shows the scheduled paycheck deposit, the scheduled transfers out of accounts, the monthly budgeted cash withdrawals at the ATM, the monthly budgeted automobile maintenance, etc. BUT, I have an item called Automobile: Tires that I have budgeted for $1000 YEARLY. Under categories I have made sure th...

Cash Flow statement
Hi, Is there a way to take out a cash flow statement from GP - through standard reports or through Advanced Financials? If not is FRX the only available option to do this ? Thanks Carl It can be acheived through following way, Reports>>Financials>>Quick Financials "CarlG" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to take out a cash flow statement from GP - through standard > reports or through Advanced Financials? > > If not is FRX the only available option to do this ? > > Thanks > > Carl ...

IRR the same for very different cash flows
I am computing the IRR for two time series of cash flows. For the first 24 months, the cash flows are identical. After that, the longer one continues with only large positive values for 18 more years. Strangely, I am getting the same IRR for both cash flows. This does not seem intuitively correct, since the NPV of the two cash flows is quite different. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks. On Nov 7, 9:51=A0am, JG Scott <jgsco...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I am computing the IRR for two time series of cash flows. =A0For the > first 24 months, the cash flows are identical. =...

"Monthly Cash Flow" Report Error
For the past several weeks I get this pop up error using Money 03, I have upgraded to 04 today to see if the problem would fix itself, but no banana. The only change I remember was adding my AMEX to Money. I then imported the AMEX ofx retrieved from AMEX site. "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should reset it manually to avoid unreliable information." I can not find in the online help or on the web how to manually reset the report. Help much a...

Cash Flow
Does anyone have an excellent template of a Daily Cash Flow chart Try a google search for cash flow : excel cash flow:excel -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Lindy-Jane" <Lindy-Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15F56B35-8039-43BA-8DEF-7D05FA41AC40@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have an excellent template of a Daily Cash Flow chart ...

Trying to create a flexible number of years to project cash flows
Hi I want to define the number of years that I would like to project cash flow and then have a cashflow sheet generate the number of year up and until the defined number of years in seperate columns, any ideas? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Enter into some sheet the values for starting and last years Define those cells as named ranges (Insert.Name.Define) p.e. FirstYear and LastYear Into cell where you want your column names (as year numbers) to ...

"Cash flow forecast" doesn't display any data
Hi all... I have created in Money 2004 several accounts, 2 credit card accounts, 1 banking checking account, and others. At money home, in Cash flow fore cast section it is shown: "No data to display". When I press the + to show the details I get the following error message: "Please create at least one checking, savings or cash accounts before you go to the cash flow forecast". I remember when I first create the accounts, I could display the forecast. What may be happening? Is there any solution for this? If I create a new money file, I could recover the forecastin...

Cash Flow Reports
Not exactly sure how to word this, but I am trying to determine how Project assigns the time period to its Cash Flow reports. If you have an activity that starts Feb 10, 2010 and finish April 11, 2010 which monthly (or weekly) time bucket is the cost reported in? February or April? Week 6 or Week 15? Thanks, Ray -- Unless you changed the default Accrue At value for the resources assigned to the task, the system applies the Cost to the task evenly over the Duration of the task. You can see this in the Task Usage view with the Cost details applied in the timephased gri...

Cash flow stopped working
I am running Money 2002 on XP Home. Without any explanation that I can see, everything related to the cash flow simply stopped working. I get no numbers, no figures, when I click on the buttons or menus simply nothing happens. Everything else appears fine. Anybody have this happen? Any thought would be appreciated. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q67. "Todd" <todd.love@pie.midco.net> wrote in message news:vm94je6lbfr10@corp.supernews.com... > I am running Money 2002 on XP Home. Without any explanation that I can > see, everything related to the cash flow s...

Cash Flow Report
I'm using Money 2005. I'm wondering if there is a decent report that shows the true flow of money from various accounts. I've used the monthly income/expense report and tried to customize it, but to no avail. What brought this on is that I noticed in this report that transfers to my retirement accounts (from my paycheck - set up as a "paycheck" and is recurring) are not showing up. I know that it is not an expense, so that is why. Is there any other true cash flow report? Also, is there a report that I can display that will show the individual transactions for tho...

Cash Flow Question #4
Hello - I'm trying to use budget items in my Cashflow Forecast. However, that option is disabled in my Cash Flow settings dialog. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to enable it? Jeff Are you using the S&S Budget or the Essential Budget? I'm not sure, but you may need to be using Advanced Budget. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=186 for how to get there if you are using M07 or above. "smartypants1138" <smartypants1138@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C457D3A-C072-484F-863D-C9E1D48BD551@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use bu...

Cash Flow Forecast Fails
I'm at my wits end. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have an extensive Money Plus Deluxe database and rely on the Cash Flow Forecast to ensure accounts have enough cash to cover bills. After this weekend, my Cash Flow Forecast stopped working. I hadn't actually changed anything. If I set the computer date back to the 14th Dec, it works fine. Any date from the 15th onwards and the Cash Flow Forecast fails. The software is fully licensed and activated although it's not activated on the second computer I tested the same file on. Things I've tried so far incl...

Money 6 Cash Flow doesn't work
Recently upgraded from Money 04 to 06. Since then I have had lots of problems ... First the conversion of the file, I can not downgrade to 04 and had many difficulties to solve with the computer blocking after the conversion. I think there are several hidden transactions because the register balance in all the accounts has errors, tried to repair the file but it was useless. The cash flow does not work, it just opens the windo shows the table but the graphic remains for ever loading. Any idea how to solve this, unfortunately I can not downgrade to 04 When you upgraded to Money 2006, it wil...

cash flow report, how?
I have Microsoft Money 2004. On the "forecast your cash flow" page is there a way to generate a printable report that shows exactly the same information as shown in the "transactions during selected time period" portion of the page? I've never found one. Sure would be nice, though. "chessisbest" <aachess@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eb0afe36-0015-4eeb-ba49-f3ddbea83564@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I have Microsoft Money 2004. On the "forecast your cash flow" page is > there a way to generate a printable report that shows exac...

Cash flow...trended vs. recurring bill
In my cash flow there is a trended item for phone/wireless but it also shows my recurring phone/wireless bill therefore basically doubling that expense. How do I fix this? Thanks. There may be a better way, but I basically concluded that I could let FCF use trends or I could schedule bills. I picked the latter and turned off trended item in FCF. "Jambruins" wrote: > In my cash flow there is a trended item for phone/wireless but it also shows > my recurring phone/wireless bill therefore basically doubling that expense. > How do I fix this? Thanks. Dick, so for t...