Reported corrupt backup file

I always backup at the end of each session to an internal
100MB Zip Atapi drive.  I have been doing this
successfully for several years, and on each reformat or
reinstallation of Money (Version 2001), I have had no
problems at all in rstoring the backup.
I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and on trying
to recover the backup rec'd the message " The file
I:\............Is either corrupt or not a money file.

I have tried sending other files to the disc (Excel File)
and have no problem opening it from the said disc.

Any suggestions, as the backup covers 8 - 9 Years of
transactions over several accounts.

Gerry
0
gerryd (1)
11/27/2003 9:21:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I have just encountered the same problem. I re-installed
Money 2002 Deluxe on a newly reformatted hard drive and
got the same "The file A:\............Is either corrupt or
not a money file."

I desperately need to recover this data as it has
tremendous tax implications.

Help!!!

0
anonymous (74722)
11/28/2003 7:39:23 AM
In microsoft.public.money, musicmaker1@[remove this]cox.net wrote:

>I have just encountered the same problem. I re-installed
>Money 2002 Deluxe on a newly reformatted hard drive and
>got the same "The file A:\............Is either corrupt or
>not a money file."

Another zip backup?  If so, see below.

>I desperately need to recover this data as it has
>tremendous tax implications.

>Help!!!

First, write protect that Zip disk. Copy the contents of your zip
drive to a folder/directory on the hard drive. What do you have?

If you were unable to copy the file(s) off, I suggest you try a
different drive. If still no joy, look into a "data recovery"
service. Use that term plus "zip" in a Google search.

I assume that if/when you get going again, you will review your
backup practices.

>>Gerry
>>.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Need more Reports

Outlook signature file
I need to create a signature for a manager I work for. He would like to include the company logo to make it look like his business card. When I attempt to do this, the text will appear but the logo will not. I've seen graphics in auto signatures before, so I believe it can be done. But I'm just not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lisa ...

How can I validate windows file name?
Hi All: I am programming a windows application. I want to check the file name inputted by user. Does Windows support any API function or shell funciton can validate file name? I know MoveFile function can do this, but it change the file, I want to check the file name before changing. Thanks! Fiveight Are you looking for PathFileExists()? What do you mean by validate filename? AliR. "fiveight" <fiveight@tom.com> wrote in message news:%23PVI4FZ5HHA.5980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi All: > > I am programming a windows application. I want to check the file na...

Outlook 2002 won't backup
On closing Outlook 2002 I am prompted to backup my personal files. When I hit the "save backup" option I get a message "C:/..../Microsoft/Outlook folder does not exist. Do you want to create it?" When I hit the yes button I get a message "Cannot find the specified path" I have checked my hidden files and it seems that the path does exist. I have reloaded the backup utility and still have the same problem. Any solutions? Thanks for your assistance. Frustrated in Phoenix Set the save location to another location than where the original is located. You ...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Sales Report #3

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Dropdown menu using xml file
Can anyone please help me. I was looking at the article "http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030603.asp". I am new to .net and know nothing in c#. I want to write a menu in asp.net. Can anyone please help me in converting this c# code to vb.net. I tried, but it is not giving the output. Here is the c# code using System using System.Collections using System.ComponentModel using System.Data using System.Drawing using System.Web using System.Web.SessionState using System.Web.UI using System.Web.UI.WebControls using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Xsl; us...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

Stack corruption? Lost message?
Hi, I need some help on an access violation in our application. It happens in one of five threads in the ole32.dll. - Is it possible that one thread corrupts the stack of another thread? The thread of the ole32.dll ist started when I call COleTemplateServer::RegisterAll(). - What COM-object is then initialized? How can I find that out? The COM-object is initialized in a STA. - If there is no stack corruption, could there be a message in the queue, which is processed by the CRpcWorkerThread when the COM-object is already deleted? I used the compiler option /Gs to check the stack. But w...

Load Tif file in memory hDC
How do I load a TIF file in memory hDC and save it back to another file after some processing using DrawText. I want to use the memory hDC because I dont want to display the image. Is there an example for doing this. Asfar wrote: > How do I load a TIF file in memory hDC and save it back to another file > after some processing using DrawText. > > I want to use the memory hDC because I dont want to display the image. > > Is there an example for doing this. > > I am using Cximage to do this. See here http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp ...

small business reports ...

extra money file
By accident I've started 4 differnet Money 2004 files. One for me, one for my wife, one for the two of us, and a duplicate for myself. Now when I click on the desktop to start, it tires to open different files. How can I delete the unwanted files from EVERYTHING, so I only have those files I want? tks Paul In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >By accident I've started 4 differnet Money 2004 files. >One for me, one for my wife, one for the two of us, and a >duplicate for myself. >Now when I click on the desktop to start, it tires to >open different files. >H...

Question about .MDE file
I'm trying to figure out if creating an MDE file is advisable in thisscenario:Our database contains records from 2002-current (about 10,000 recordsright now) If I save a MDE file of this database, how would I be ableto convert it back to MDB to change the design layout?If I cannot convert the MDE back to MDB, how do I make design changesin the MDE file?And if I have to use the original MDB to make design changes then saveit as another MDE file -- what would be the easier approach totransfer the 'new' records that were added in the first MDE file?My problem is I cannot use the backe...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...