Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

I've posted here before about trouble accessing one bank in my MS Money
setup.  I'm using MS Money 07 Deluxe on a WinXP Pro SP2 computer.  It's
now been well over a month since I've been able to download
transactions from this bank.

Last week, I had an online chat with a MS support rep.  Unfortunately,
I had to cut the session short, after over an hour, because I had a
meeting I had to attend.  And with one thing and another, I'd rather
not go through the chat again and paying for phone support is a very
last option.

Anyway, to sum up:  I tried accessing the data via the MSN Money site
and it, too, was unable to download transactions from the bank.  So he
had me create a second Windows LiveID and setup my banking info through
the new one... and it worked.  But it was empty of all of my historical
data.  And then when I used the new login with MS Money, I got
"duplicate account" warnings, and offers to merge the dupes.

When the accounts were merged, I again lost the ability to use the
online services.  So in the meantime, I've deleted the new database and
restored from the most then-recent backup, so I am essentially back to
square one.

How do I resolve this issue?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #125.
Should I actually decide to kill the hero in an elaborate escape-proof
deathtrap room (water filling up, sand pouring down, walls converging,
etc.) I will not leave him alone five-to-ten minutes prior to
"imminent" death, but will instead (finding a vantage point or
monitoring camera) stick around and enjoy watching my adversary's
demise.
0
nomail8657 (65)
6/13/2007 7:21:16 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Scrolling problem in MS Excel / Word under Terminal Server.
When ever, we scroll down (or any directioin) the keyboard gets stuck, and the sheet keeps on scrolling down, Any idea how this can be modified. Thanks in advance. Limesh Parekh enjayworld@sify.com ...

Bug with Data Sets!!!
I have created a drawing and copied servers to it from the default network stencil. I then created a data set that I wanted to apply to all the server shapes on the page. So I can show the data I want to see. I had to delete all shape data from the shape, via define shape data, before I can apply the updated data set. If I do not, even with remove exsisting data sets selected, I will get random shape labels in the shape data window. This happened because on one of the labels I have a fixed list and forgot to add a selection. I went into the data set and added the info. I then app...

Money 2003 to Money 2004
I had a catastrophic HDD crash the other day, of course my data was backed up. I have been using the standard version of Money 2003 for a couple years and like it. My new PC comes with Money 2004 loaded. Will there be any problem with 2004 reading the 2003 file? Any compelling reason to upgrade to 2004? Or should I just stick to the familiar 2003? Thanks for any input!!! In microsoft.public.money, RHinNC wrote: >I had a catastrophic HDD crash the other day, of course my data was backed >up. I have been using the standard version of Money 2003 for a couple years >and like it. My ...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

Money 2001 Deletion
I CAN'T DELETE/REMOVE MONEY!!!! I lost the disk and was having problems with the program so bought 2004. 2004 say's it sees the old version and I must have the 2001 disk in order for it to finish install. I stopped install and tried to remove through Windows, only to have it tell me that I need the disk. I called Customer Service, and they were completely incompetant and unable to help me do anything but realize microsoft has terrible support options. I just want to get this worthless program off my system. PLEASE HELP. I'm just going to keep calling microsoft every...

transferring files #2
I would like to transfer my Outlook files from my Desktop PC to my new laptopand don't have aclue how to do it! I have a desktop PC operation on Windows 98 and Microsoft Office 2000. I have just obtained Microsoft Works on my new laptop computer operatig with Windows XP Home Edition and would like to transfer the files on my old PC to my laptop. I have a CD burner on each unit and would like to know how to save the right files on the hard drives and CDs and what type of blank CD's do I need or should I get a memory key! Help!!!!!!!!!!! ...

when i have mutiple excell files open, how do you display the ind.
in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like excell 97 did Hi 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany krsbirdman1975 wrote: > in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the > files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows > excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like > excell 97 did ...

trying to connect for the first time on msn money
Hello i try to connect for the first time on microsoft money 2006 canadian version. when i got to the sing in it's asking me email and password, i use my email (hotmail) and password... and its telling me my email or password is incorrect... that cant be true i can connect to msn or here in this site with the same email and password. anyone have an idea? ...

Great Plains has no data integrity , PLS do not sell it
we get a many problems with Great Plains , no data integrity in program , also there are many dupliacate in transactions , it is very slow , they are saying it can use by 1000 users and 2M transaction , and it is no correacr word , if use just 5% you will get hang in system. i think it vere bad to microsoft to have this progra ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

data range is too complex.
I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to be displayed. I don't know how to fix it -- Thanks for all your help. God Bless, Frank I had one like it and all I did to fix it was select the chart and right click on it, select data-> click on the icon at far right of Chart Data Range, use the mouse to select the data range, click on the icon at far right then OK. Note: If there are multiple ranges and the ranges are not adjacent, select the first range then hold the Ct...

Money ?
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my ...

Convert One Column Data to Multiple Columns Data
I have a Query I am trying to Build that has the Following data: Name WO Days Old AD K-12345 10 AD K-12346 23 AD K-12368 02 AD K-12351 05 AD K-12386 20 What I am needing to is move the Days old Data to three Colums based off of the Days old Name WO 1-5 days 6-12 days 13+ Days AD K-12345 10 AD K-12346 23 AD K-12368 02 Something like that if it is possible. I have searched for this and could not find any other topics like...

T-Bills in Money
How does one record a T-Bill purchase and then a redemption in Money so that the interest shows up in the tax reports such as schedule B? The short and sad answer is that you can't -- a known problem in Money for several years now. I recommend excluding the transactions from your tax reports and entering the 1099-INT data manually on your tax form. There's a KB article which documents the problem, but doesn't offer a solution. -- Michael Gordon "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D44458-4BCD-4791-863C-8C5D1698E2FC@microsoft....

Finding data sequentially
I have a month of dates across columns by patient (in rows). In each of these rows there is one date where a test was cancelled. Is there a reasonable way to determine where the cell(s) that have the word "cancelled" are relative to the numerical result(s) are in the month? I'm trying to diffetentiate reorders that are caused by cancellations from reorders due to patient condition. I realize that this will not answer the question, but I can break out into two groups if I can tell which came first, the result or the cancellation On Dec 28 2010, 1:47=A0pm, jimbo <jimbo...@gmail...

MONEY Deluxe
Is money 2004 compatible with NT 4.0? Not according to the box! W98, ME, W2000 or XP. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "mgoodwin@strategictechnology.us" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3d397$941d0c80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is money 2004 compatible with NT 4.0? ...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

Using Money 2007 in my Doesktop and Laptop when not at home
Good Day all, What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007 current as well? Thank you, David In microsoft.public.money, David wrote: > >What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop >CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do >this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007 >current as w...

Duplicate Files Created
Have a user who is working on a spreadsheet. When she saves her changes, and exits out of the spreadsheet, it creates a duplicate file. It is an unassociated file, but it does open with Excel. Are you sure it's an exact duplicate??? When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blame...

excel file can't be opened #2

Help with importing data
Hi All, I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having troubles with importing data from a text file. The text file is 750Mb in size. Are there any handy tips or tricks that I ould using tryiong to import this data. Whenever I try to import data Access stops responding. Rgds, Dolphy With a file that size you have to do a line by line import ie write your own routine Pieter "Dolphy" <Kyrpto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190847728.817529.138530@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having...

Can't attach zip files....
Hi All... I use Outlook XP, recently I found that I can't attach zip files to my emails...does anyone know how to solve this problem? Is it a setting problem? Thanks in advance... Mary ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What happens when you try? maryy wrote: > Hi All... > > I use Outlook XP, recently I found that I can't attach zip files to my > emails...does anyone know how to solve this problem? > Is it a setting problem? >...

extracting quarterly data and having it update daily
I maintain an Excel 2003 workbook for the USPS. It tracks daily occurences over the course of the fiscal year. One worksheet keeps a running tally of the daily input and uses the TODAY function in the condional formatting to alert trends. I wish to create a worksheet that keeps a running tally on each quarter but because I can't enter arguments against TODAY I do not know how to limit the date range to the quarter...and have it update daily as with the TODAY function. Best of the New Year to everyone... A sample CF condition to trigger it if the current date is within t...

MSN Money development direction
I had configured my MSN subscription (gotten for kids and parental controls) to use MSN Money Plus. It looked in the past like MS was trying to steer users toward a web subscription model. The announcement quoted below suggests the opposite. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL ======== "After June 28, 2006, significant changes will be made to your access to data on this website. "If you are an MSN Money Plus user: MSN Money Plus will be discontinued on June 28, 2006. You will still be able to view your accounts and pay bills through MSN Bill Pay on http://moneycentral.msn.com, b...

Money 2004: How do I remove some MF from my portfolio?
I track my 403(b) mutual fund accounts in MS Money 2004 Deluxe. Recently I consolidated some poorly performing MF's into fewer, but better performing MF's. Whenever I get into Money it automatically connections to Fidelity and downloads updated financial statements. I would have thought that it would "notice" that I had moved the money from some different mutual funds into other, but it hasn't. Instead MS Money thinks that all of the money still exists, in the old funds and in the new funds. Why is that? And how do I fix it? Rod ...

Remote access to My Money data
I might be misunderstanding what the "Plus" product is, but it appearred to me that it allowed me to access my "Money" (accounts, transactions, budget, etc.) information online from any other computer. I thought it was saying that my "Money" data maintained within MSN online allowing me to access it from anywhere. Am I making stuff up? If I am, is there another solution to this that is simple and doesn't require a VPN or any other technical solution that I'd have to concoct? In microsoft.public.money, Give me Mo' Money <Give me Mo' Mo...