Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money? #2

I've posted here before about trouble accessing one bank in my MS Money
setup.  I'm using MS Money 07 Deluxe on a WinXP Pro SP2 computer.  It's
now been well over a month since I've been able to download
transactions from this bank.

Last week, I had an online chat with a MS support rep.  Unfortunately,
I had to cut the session short, after over an hour, because I had a
meeting I had to attend.  And with one thing and another, I'd rather
not go through the chat again and paying for phone support is a very
last option.

Anyway, to sum up:  I tried accessing the data via the MSN Money site
and it, too, was unable to download transactions from the bank.  So he
had me create a second Windows LiveID and setup my banking info through
the new one... and it worked.  But it was empty of all of my historical
data.  And then when I used the new login with MS Money, I got
"duplicate account" warnings, and offers to merge the dupes.

When the accounts were merged, I again lost the ability to use the
online services.  So in the meantime, I've deleted the new database and
restored from the most then-recent backup, so I am essentially back to
square one.

How do I resolve this issue?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"If I am ever the Hero top 100 list: #92. I will begin my lifelong
fight against crime immediately upon discovery of my powers, instead of
withholding my assistance from the police, thereby allowing a minor
criminal to escape and murder one of my loved ones.
0
nomail8657 (65)
6/18/2007 8:15:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

>I've posted here before about trouble accessing one bank in my MS Money
>setup.  I'm using MS Money 07 Deluxe on a WinXP Pro SP2 computer.  It's
>now been well over a month since I've been able to download
>transactions from this bank.
>
>Last week, I had an online chat with a MS support rep.  Unfortunately,
>I had to cut the session short, after over an hour, because I had a
>meeting I had to attend.  And with one thing and another, I'd rather
>not go through the chat again and paying for phone support is a very
>last option.
>
>Anyway, to sum up:  I tried accessing the data via the MSN Money site
>and it, too, was unable to download transactions from the bank.  So he
>had me create a second Windows LiveID and setup my banking info through
>the new one... and it worked.  But it was empty of all of my historical
>data.  And then when I used the new login with MS Money, I got
>"duplicate account" warnings, and offers to merge the dupes.
>
>When the accounts were merged, I again lost the ability to use the
>online services.  So in the meantime, I've deleted the new database and
>restored from the most then-recent backup, so I am essentially back to
>square one.
>
>How do I resolve this issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329840/en-us
might offer some info, but I assume you have been thru those items.

Did you try disabling background banking in Microsoft Money,
removing your data from MSN Money, and then see if Microsoft Money
could get things going again?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323964/en-us
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/18/2007 10:31:56 PM
It is alleged that Cal Learner-- MVP claimed:

> might offer some info, but I assume you have been thru those items.

| •	The system date and time are not correct.

My date/time are correct, Windows XP is automatically synching the time
with a time server.

| •	The Microsoft Passport Network account information is not valid.

My LiveID login info is valid.

| •	There is a specific error message that is associated with one or more of your accounts.

There are no specific error messages to any account.

| •	Your Money account name contains characters that are not supported.

My account name(s) all use plain us-ascii characters.

| •	Microsoft Internet Explorer or the Temporary Internet files contains information that is not valid.

I do not use MSIE myself, except for MS-owned sites, and/or only when
it's the embedded rendering engine for something else.  I have cleared
the cache, history, and activeX controls, etc.

| •	A program, a Web service, or a setting is interfering with the synchronization process.

Nope.

| •	Your Money data file contains information that is damaged or inconsistent.

Maybe... and if so that's what I'm trying to fix.

| •	Your installation of Money is corrupted.

Nope.  It works otherwise, and as I stated I was able to download the
data when I created a new login, but the problem returned when I merged
the new and old data.

| •	Your installation of Internet Explorer is corrupted or is outdated.

Nope to both.  It's MSIE 7, btw.

| •	You left the Money data file turned on and signed in to the Passport Network overnight.

I shut down my computer overnight.

| •	A program that is running in the background is interfering with Money.

Nope.

> Did you try disabling background banking in Microsoft Money,

Yes, shortly after installing Money 07.  I wound up re-enabling it
because it broke some other functionality I wanted.

> removing your data from MSN Money, and then see if Microsoft Money
> could get things going again?

Does moving my mny file and creating a new LiveID account count?  If so
then yes.  But what it downloads is complete only to a point, and
anything older than that is non-existent and I need my historical data,
both from my current accounts and my old/closed accounts elsewhere.

Now that we've taken care of the obvious (I hope), what's next?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -
Robert F. Kennedy
0
nomail8657 (65)
6/19/2007 1:45:19 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

>It is alleged that Cal Learner-- MVP claimed:

>> removing your data from MSN Money, and then see if Microsoft Money
>> could get things going again?
>
>Does moving my mny file and creating a new LiveID account count?

I wouldn't think so.

To remove your data from the MSN Money servers, you must sign in to
MSN Money by using the same Windows Live ID/Passport (that you have
on the Money file), and then remove your account.

I would then uninstall MSN Money Investment Toolbox from the
Add/Remove Programs of Windows.

I would then set up one of accounts that needs for the data to go
thru a third party for online access. When/if you get the
transactions they will be in a new account. Let's hope the merge
works properly for you this time.

> If so
>then yes.  But what it downloads is complete only to a point, and
>anything older than that is non-existent and I need my historical data,
>both from my current accounts and my old/closed accounts elsewhere.
>
>Now that we've taken care of the obvious (I hope), what's next?

Finding Financial Institutions with their own OFX servers? Then you
won't even need a Live ID/Passport on your Microsoft Money file to
download transactions.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/19/2007 2:10:43 AM
It is alleged that Cal Learner-- MVP claimed:

> >Does moving my mny file and creating a new LiveID account count?
>
> I wouldn't think so.
>
> To remove your data from the MSN Money servers, you must sign in to
> MSN Money by using the same Windows Live ID/Passport (that you have
> on the Money file), and then remove your account.

Ok, I can do that (later, not right now).

> I would then uninstall MSN Money Investment Toolbox from the
> Add/Remove Programs of Windows.

There is no such entry in my Add/Remove Programs control panel.

> >Now that we've taken care of the obvious (I hope), what's next?
>
> Finding Financial Institutions with their own OFX servers? Then you
> won't even need a Live ID/Passport on your Microsoft Money file to
> download transactions.

I like my bank.  I just want something that used to work to work again.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"And I thought I was a pessimist."  (Lt. Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Points of
Departure")
0
nomail8657 (65)

Bug with Data Sets!!!
I have created a drawing and copied servers to it from the default network stencil. I then created a data set that I wanted to apply to all the server shapes on the page. So I can show the data I want to see. I had to delete all shape data from the shape, via define shape data, before I can apply the updated data set. If I do not, even with remove exsisting data sets selected, I will get random shape labels in the shape data window. This happened because on one of the labels I have a fixed list and forgot to add a selection. I went into the data set and added the info. I then app...

Scrolling problem in MS Excel / Word under Terminal Server.
When ever, we scroll down (or any directioin) the keyboard gets stuck, and the sheet keeps on scrolling down, Any idea how this can be modified. Thanks in advance. Limesh Parekh enjayworld@sify.com ...

mail notification #2
how do I know if the recipient has received the mail I sent to him? Enable read receipts, but keep in mind it can be manipulated by the recipient and doesn't mean they actually read it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite O...

Money 2003 to Money 2004
I had a catastrophic HDD crash the other day, of course my data was backed up. I have been using the standard version of Money 2003 for a couple years and like it. My new PC comes with Money 2004 loaded. Will there be any problem with 2004 reading the 2003 file? Any compelling reason to upgrade to 2004? Or should I just stick to the familiar 2003? Thanks for any input!!! In microsoft.public.money, RHinNC wrote: >I had a catastrophic HDD crash the other day, of course my data was backed >up. I have been using the standard version of Money 2003 for a couple years >and like it. My ...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

Money 2001 Deletion
I CAN'T DELETE/REMOVE MONEY!!!! I lost the disk and was having problems with the program so bought 2004. 2004 say's it sees the old version and I must have the 2001 disk in order for it to finish install. I stopped install and tried to remove through Windows, only to have it tell me that I need the disk. I called Customer Service, and they were completely incompetant and unable to help me do anything but realize microsoft has terrible support options. I just want to get this worthless program off my system. PLEASE HELP. I'm just going to keep calling microsoft every...

Getting the mouse position #2
Hi, I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the location they clicked. How do I capture the mouse position? Norming RButtonUp() has a CPoint argument, but OnRclick() does not. What to do? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159532198.011892.81980@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > > I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. > > When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the > location they clicked...

transferring files #2
I would like to transfer my Outlook files from my Desktop PC to my new laptopand don't have aclue how to do it! I have a desktop PC operation on Windows 98 and Microsoft Office 2000. I have just obtained Microsoft Works on my new laptop computer operatig with Windows XP Home Edition and would like to transfer the files on my old PC to my laptop. I have a CD burner on each unit and would like to know how to save the right files on the hard drives and CDs and what type of blank CD's do I need or should I get a memory key! Help!!!!!!!!!!! ...

when i have mutiple excell files open, how do you display the ind.
in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like excell 97 did Hi 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany krsbirdman1975 wrote: > in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the > files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows > excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like > excell 97 did ...

How do i make a line look like it has a burnt edge in publisher? #2
See reply to your *first* posting. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "CORD" <CORD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123C860C-37A5-4867-9B53-09F749865843@microsoft.com... > CORD wrote: You are so bad! :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:416DA0DA.3030104@fuse.net... > > > CORD wrote: > > --- Outgoing mail...

comment indicator color #2
I know this has been asked before, but all references I find online are at least two years old, so I don't know what new information is available. In Excel 2002, is there any new patch or add-on that allows me to change the color of the comment indicator? I'm refering to the actual little red triangle in the corner of the cell, not the font or background color of the comment. If not, is that functionality available in later versions of the software? Thanks for any help you can offer. I don't believe so, on either count. -- Regards Ken..........................

trying to connect for the first time on msn money
Hello i try to connect for the first time on microsoft money 2006 canadian version. when i got to the sing in it's asking me email and password, i use my email (hotmail) and password... and its telling me my email or password is incorrect... that cant be true i can connect to msn or here in this site with the same email and password. anyone have an idea? ...

Great Plains has no data integrity , PLS do not sell it
we get a many problems with Great Plains , no data integrity in program , also there are many dupliacate in transactions , it is very slow , they are saying it can use by 1000 users and 2M transaction , and it is no correacr word , if use just 5% you will get hang in system. i think it vere bad to microsoft to have this progra ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

modeless dialog boxes #2
I have a VS 6.0 MFC dialog-based application. The main dialog has an edit box for displaying messages as things happen. A button on the main dialog starts a modeless dialog. The modeless dialog has a 'DoIt' button which executes a long process, updating the main dialog edit box. I'm finding that the main dialog and modeless dialog are unresponsive as long as I'm in the 'OnDoIt' routine. I had thought that a modeless dialog box would essentially run 'independent' of the main dialog but that doesn't seem to be the case. What have I misunderstood? ...

data range is too complex.
I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to be displayed. I don't know how to fix it -- Thanks for all your help. God Bless, Frank I had one like it and all I did to fix it was select the chart and right click on it, select data-> click on the icon at far right of Chart Data Range, use the mouse to select the data range, click on the icon at far right then OK. Note: If there are multiple ranges and the ranges are not adjacent, select the first range then hold the Ct...

Money ?
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my ...

Convert One Column Data to Multiple Columns Data
I have a Query I am trying to Build that has the Following data: Name WO Days Old AD K-12345 10 AD K-12346 23 AD K-12368 02 AD K-12351 05 AD K-12386 20 What I am needing to is move the Days old Data to three Colums based off of the Days old Name WO 1-5 days 6-12 days 13+ Days AD K-12345 10 AD K-12346 23 AD K-12368 02 Something like that if it is possible. I have searched for this and could not find any other topics like...

T-Bills in Money
How does one record a T-Bill purchase and then a redemption in Money so that the interest shows up in the tax reports such as schedule B? The short and sad answer is that you can't -- a known problem in Money for several years now. I recommend excluding the transactions from your tax reports and entering the 1099-INT data manually on your tax form. There's a KB article which documents the problem, but doesn't offer a solution. -- Michael Gordon "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D44458-4BCD-4791-863C-8C5D1698E2FC@microsoft....

Finding data sequentially
I have a month of dates across columns by patient (in rows). In each of these rows there is one date where a test was cancelled. Is there a reasonable way to determine where the cell(s) that have the word "cancelled" are relative to the numerical result(s) are in the month? I'm trying to diffetentiate reorders that are caused by cancellations from reorders due to patient condition. I realize that this will not answer the question, but I can break out into two groups if I can tell which came first, the result or the cancellation On Dec 28 2010, 1:47=A0pm, jimbo <jimbo...@gmail...

MONEY Deluxe
Is money 2004 compatible with NT 4.0? Not according to the box! W98, ME, W2000 or XP. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "mgoodwin@strategictechnology.us" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3d397$941d0c80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is money 2004 compatible with NT 4.0? ...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

Using Money 2007 in my Doesktop and Laptop when not at home
Good Day all, What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007 current as well? Thank you, David In microsoft.public.money, David wrote: > >What method do I use to take my current MSM2007 data/file on my home desktop >CPU and transfer it to my laptop when I'm travelling? I will frequently do >this, therefore how can may I do this periodically and keep my laptop MSM2007 >current as w...

Duplicate Files Created
Have a user who is working on a spreadsheet. When she saves her changes, and exits out of the spreadsheet, it creates a duplicate file. It is an unassociated file, but it does open with Excel. Are you sure it's an exact duplicate??? When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blame...

excel file can't be opened #2

Help with importing data
Hi All, I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having troubles with importing data from a text file. The text file is 750Mb in size. Are there any handy tips or tricks that I ould using tryiong to import this data. Whenever I try to import data Access stops responding. Rgds, Dolphy With a file that size you have to do a line by line import ie write your own routine Pieter "Dolphy" <Kyrpto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190847728.817529.138530@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having...