Reinv Gain from 2003 shows now as gain in IRA - M2004

I'm REBUYING a mutual fund in an IRA that I owned years ago.
I previously sold it all in 2003 and not problem until I just
entered my new purchase info - I'll use simple numbers :

In jan 2000 I bought $5000 of xyz - in
Dec 2000 it had reinv LT CapGain of $250
I sold it for $6000 in 2001 - OK.

Today I bought $1000.of it
I enter the info in my register and the gain column shows a GAIN of $250 .
The cost  is $1000   the value is $1000 = no gain .
The $250 is the ReINV LTCapGain from years past.
I would like the GAIN column to reflect the current purchase not historical info.
I 've tried manually playing with the register entry dates -
I've deleted and retyped the old info.
I use Actual Cost Basis. ( thanks to Cal from an earlier question), but when I manually re-did the entries it wouldn't prompt me
for tax lots  - probably since this is an IRA account. Right-click does not give a LOTS option as it does in my non-ira accounts
Other than deleting the old entries , how to get around this ?

0
bobb146 (122)
3/29/2006 3:05:48 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:

>I'm REBUYING a mutual fund in an IRA that I owned years ago.
>I previously sold it all in 2003 and not problem until I just
>entered my new purchase info - I'll use simple numbers :
>
>In jan 2000 I bought $5000 of xyz - in
>Dec 2000 it had reinv LT CapGain of $250
>I sold it for $6000 in 2001 - OK.
>
>Today I bought $1000.of it
>I enter the info in my register and the gain column shows a GAIN of $250 .
>The cost  is $1000   the value is $1000 = no gain .
>The $250 is the ReINV LTCapGain from years past.

Uncheck SeeADifferentView->ShowClosedPositions in the Portfolio
0
via_newsgroup (13115)
3/29/2006 3:31:44 PM
changed subject
"- Bobb -" <bobb@netscape.net> wrote in message news:e63WCJ0UGHA.4792@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> I'm REBUYING a mutual fund in an IRA that I owned years ago.
> I previously sold it all in 2003 and not problem until I just
> entered my new purchase info - I'll use simple numbers :
>
> In jan 2000 I bought $5000 of xyz - in
> Dec 2000 it had reinv LT CapGain of $250
> I sold it for $6000 in 2001 - OK.
>
> Today I bought $1000.of it
> I enter the info in my register and the gain column shows a GAIN of $250 .
> The cost  is $1000   the value is $1000 = no gain .
> The $250 is the ReINV LTCapGain from years past.
> I would like the GAIN column to reflect the current purchase not historical info.
> I 've tried manually playing with the register entry dates -
> I've deleted and retyped the old info.
> I use Actual Cost Basis. ( thanks to Cal from an earlier question), but when I manually re-did the entries it wouldn't prompt me
> for tax lots  - probably since this is an IRA account. Right-click does not give a LOTS option as it does in my non-ira accounts
> Other than deleting the old entries , how to get around this ?

0
bobb146 (122)
3/29/2006 5:58:21 PM
Hmm.. no input yet ... Anyone have some advice / workaround ?

> "- Bobb -" <bobb@netscape.net> wrote in message news:e63WCJ0UGHA.4792@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Recurring problem with buying "previously owned " investments :
>> In an IRA, I'm REBUYING a mutual fund  that I owned years ago.
>> I previously sold it all in 2003 and not problem until I just
>> entered my new purchase info - I'll use simple numbers :
>>
>> In jan 2000 I bought $5000 of xyz
>> in Dec 2000 it had reinv LT CapGain of $250
>> I sold it for $6000 in 2001 - OK.
>>
>> Today I bought $1000.of it
>> I enter the info in my register and the gain column shows a GAIN of $250 .
>> The cost  is $1000   the value is $1000 = no gain .
>> The $250 is the ReINV LTCapGain from years past.
>> I would like the GAIN column to reflect the current purchase not historical info.
>> I 've tried manually playing with the register entry dates -
>> I've deleted and retyped the old info.
>> I use Actual Cost Basis. ( thanks to Cal from an earlier question), but when I manually re-did the entries it wouldn't prompt
>>  >> me for tax lots  - probably since this is an IRA account. Right-click does not give a LOTS option as it does in my non-ira
>> accounts Other than deleting the old entries , how to get around this ?

Thanks,
Bobb

0
bobb146 (122)
4/4/2006 7:08:33 PM
Not the pro here but did you go to the "work with investments" and
delete all traces of the old investment?  All you care about is the
6,000 that should be in your Cash account for that IRA investment.
That 250 Capital gain does not mean a thing to you ... you paid 5,000
and sold for 6,000.  Then you bought a 1,000 worth of xyz so 5,000
should be reflected as being in your Cash account.

You can not make this happen?

arthur
==

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:08:33 -0400, "- Bobb -" <bobb@netscape.net>
wrote:
>Hmm.. no input yet ... Anyone have some advice / workaround ?
>
>> "- Bobb -" <bobb@netscape.net> wrote in message news:e63WCJ0UGHA.4792@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Recurring problem with buying "previously owned " investments :
>>> In an IRA, I'm REBUYING a mutual fund  that I owned years ago.
>>> I previously sold it all in 2003 and not problem until I just
>>> entered my new purchase info - I'll use simple numbers :
>>>
>>> In jan 2000 I bought $5000 of xyz
>>> in Dec 2000 it had reinv LT CapGain of $250
>>> I sold it for $6000 in 2001 - OK.
>>>
>>> Today I bought $1000.of it
>>> I enter the info in my register and the gain column shows a GAIN of $250 .
>>> The cost  is $1000   the value is $1000 = no gain .
>>> The $250 is the ReINV LTCapGain from years past.
>>> I would like the GAIN column to reflect the current purchase not historical info.
>>> I 've tried manually playing with the register entry dates -
>>> I've deleted and retyped the old info.
>>> I use Actual Cost Basis. ( thanks to Cal from an earlier question), but when I manually re-did the entries it wouldn't prompt
>>>  >> me for tax lots  - probably since this is an IRA account. Right-click does not give a LOTS option as it does in my non-ira
>>> accounts Other than deleting the old entries , how to get around this ?
>
>Thanks,
>Bobb
I could delete all the register info ( and have done so for other funds in the past), but was wondering if others have the issue.
I 'm thinking that there's gotta be a fix other than always deleting historical info . And on other funds ( in taxable accounts)
"the math works" - shows as no gain. So what's different in tax-deferred ?

So everyone else just deletes the history too ?

Bobb

"arthur" <trash.all.spam@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:duf632tpndnlupvr2kotv4a29mdljt8opc@4ax.com...
> Not the pro here but did you go to the "work with investments" and
> delete all traces of the old investment?  All you care about is the
> 6,000 that should be in your Cash account for that IRA investment.
> That 250 Capital gain does not mean a thing to you ... you paid 5,000
> and sold for 6,000.  Then you bought a 1,000 worth of xyz so 5,000
> should be reflected as being in your Cash account.
>
> You can not make this happen?
>
> arthur
> ==
>
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:08:33 -0400, "- Bobb -" <bobb@netscape.net>
> wrote:
>>Hmm.. no input yet ... Anyone have some advice / workaround ?

>>Thanks,
>>Bobb

0
bobb146 (122)

You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week.
You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week. It is obvious that quartz watches are much more accurate and reliable than a mechanical watch. What makes quartz so accurate is its extremely high oscillations of up to 32,768 cycles per second at・3校salereplicawatch.com ...

OUTLOOK 2003 RULES #8
Hi, can anyone tell me why the rules in 2003 do not work. We have set them several times but they do not stay set and we have to run manual rules to have the e- mails sent to the correct folders. How might you keep it on? It worked find with the 2000 rules, then upgraded to 2003 and they stopped working. thanks much, Lacey ...

Mail merge from Outlook 2003 to Word 2003
I am trying to get contacts in categories into a label mail merge in Word 2003. I have categorized my contacts. I have selected category view from my Outlook 2003 program. I have delected the contacts I wish to send to. I have gone to Tools -> Mail Merge. The Mail Merge Contacts screen appears. In this screen I select "only selected contacts" under contacts and "mailing labels" under Merge options. I click ok and then complete setup in Word 2003. Under Main document I click setup and choose my types of labels. After doing this the merge button is still...

Money 2003 - It is opens and disappear
When I open money 2003 it's opening and immediately disappearing. So cannot access and working on it? Please help me to solve this - Thanks. Does it happen with any other programs? Is it possible you have a virus? -- Patty MacDuffie MS MVP for Windows XP "Shun" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216b01c3a91f$44fd5800$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open money 2003 it's opening and immediately > disappearing. So cannot access and working on it? > Please help me to solve this - Thanks. > Try double-clicking on your MNY file to op...

Mover Exchange 2003 Server
Hi; Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. Thanx On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:34:01 -0700, "Rajeh" <Rajeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; >Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between >administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. > >Thanx There is no supported method to do this. You'll need to move the mailboxes/folders etc.. to another server, unistall and remove the exch server from the org, and then reinstall it into t...

Outlook 2003. Sending through wrong account!
Hi all I have a rather strange problem sending emails. I have about 5 email accounts setup. My main account is set as default. When I create an email from scratch and send it, it's being sent through one of my other accounts - not the default account. I've even tried selecting the account to be used but still it sends via one of the other accounts I've also removed the account from the send receive process - same problem! The only way I've managed to correct the issue is by deleting the account and then my email sends properly through my default account! Any ideas? Regar...

Receving 2 of every email message in OL 2003
My wife's email account receives 2 of every email. My email account is the primary acount, hers is the second account. ...

Slow Performance (Win 2003 Std Server)
Hi I just upgraded our Win NT 4.0 Server (PII 400 Mhz with 384Mb RAM) to Win 2003 Std Server (P4 2.0A GHz Intel Server Board with 512MB RAM). I am experiencing a very slow performance while accessing files and making directory search on the new server. When accessing or opening Excel files using Win2K Prof clients, it takes a couple of minutes to load the same file than when using a Win 98 client with the same user-id. The perfomance was much better using Win NT 4.0 Server (whether with Win 2K Prof and Win 98 clients). Appreciate your advise. Lee "making directory search&quo...

Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an office 2003 app.
Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Office 2003 application. anyone face this problem before please let me know how to resolve this issue. thanks, Steven See the following and follow the fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "steven" <steven @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69E3FC7F-E16E-40C7-8AE8-299D1F0DFCCD@microsoft.com... > Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Office 20...

CustomProperty truncated in Excel 2003
Hi, We have some new software that generates an Excel file with several Custom Properties set. Those, in turn, are linked to certain cells. Excel 2003 is cutting off the linked text after about 125 characters. No other version of Excel seems to do this. We've also tested it on 2000, 2002, and 2007, which all work as expected. All of the available updates for 2003 have been installed. Does anybody know of a solution? I was able to find a few other references to the issue by searching the web and newsgroups, but I couldn't find a fix. This seems like a pretty severe problem...I can'...

Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager
I have an Office 2003 Professional cd. Is it possible that I have a version of Office 2003 Pro that doesn't contain Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager? Or am I way off and BCM is an Outlook 2003 add-in? In any event, I would like to use the Business Contact Manager feature. How can I get a copy of the BCM installer? I really do not want to purchase another copy of the Office 2003 pro suite just for this feature. You need to install this from the cd using Add/remove programs. I think it's under Office Tools, but look at everything on the cd to find it and other stuff...

Can't connect to my Exchange server 2003 from the internet
Hi I have set up an exchange server 2003 on a win 2003 server std. It works fine when accesing it from "inside" my LAN using the internal domain name. But when i try accessing it from an external machine using outlook abnd exchange accaunt it dosent work. Im using the Servers external IP to access it. Is it due the the disabling of port 135 (blaster and RPC calls) that i cant connect? VPN is not an solution. Is there a way to make it work? regards Anders If you have WinXP SP1 and Outlook 2003, you can use RPC over HTTP - otherwise, you really need to go with VPN. Why is it no...

Outlook Editor 2003
Guys I am looking for an address book editor, as in deleting entries that auto-populate in Office 2003. There was an application called ingressor but it simply had glitches. Are there any other apps out there? Thanks! I think that's the only one other than manually doing it. "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@Odysseia$.com> wrote in message news:12hel2mnf2jh8f7@corp.supernews.com... > Guys I am looking for an address book editor, as in deleting entries that > auto-populate in Office 2003. There was an application called ingressor > but it simply had glitches. Are there...

Can Outlook 2002 & 2003 co-exist?
I need to install Outlook 2002 & all systems available to me have 2003 installed. Is there any way to install OL 2002 without wrecking the existing installs? Thanks in advance, SD No two versions of Outlook can coexist on the same machine. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "SD" <daugherty.sean@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Excel 2003 Function Help
I need help coming up will a function that will average a range in one column based on if the hours match. Here is my set up. -------A-------B 1.....09:21....12 2.....09:46....24 3.....09:57....17 4.....10:04....22 I need to average column B if column A's hour is the same as the hour in a cell in another worksheet. Ryan Hicks wrote: > I need help coming up will a function that will average a range in one column > based on if the hours match. Here is my set up. > > -------A-------B > 1.....09:21....12 > 2.....09:46....24 > 3.....09:57....17 &...

show select records in report
Shows every record: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim strInvoicing As String Dim strSites As String strInvoicing = "InvPercent" strSites = "Base List.Subform!SiteComplete" Shows one page of report but fields are blank.... Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim strInvoicing As String Dim strSites As String strInvoicing = "InvPercent" strSites = "Base List.Subform!SiteComplete" stDocName = "Open Projects&...

upgrading from Money 2003
I purchased Money 2007 only because Money 2003 does not update stock and mutual fund information anymore. I do not use automatic dowloads of bank transaction data and don't want to do it in Money 2007. Anything I need to do before installing 2007 or after the install to make it as smooth as possible? Mark Mark Fields wrote: > I purchased Money 2007 only because Money 2003 does not update stock and > mutual fund information anymore. > > I do not use automatic dowloads of bank transaction data and don't want to > do it in Money 2007. > > Anything I need...

Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 stays Offline/Disconnected
Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem. This past weekend I upgraded my home system to 300GB SATA RAID1 for redundancy. I preinstalled the drivers for the new RAID adapter and used Ghost to transfer everything to my new drives. Windows booted off of the new hardware just fine and all my apps continued to work as expected when using Ghost. When I brought home my system from the office last night though I noticed that Outlook refused to connect to my Exchange2k3 server back at the office. My home machine is running Win2k Server and is not part of the domain. I am not u...

Gain the name of an open sheet
G'day all... I have a macro that opens html pages from a specified folder one at a time and then appends the data from each open page in a certain range to a master sheet. ie) range to copy from each sheet (approx 140) is A1:C100 and then this would be "stacked" from each file to one excel file with all the data. Not too hard at all. What I would like to do now is grab the last word on the title of each page and add this to the list from the range. For example the macro opens workbook 1, grabs the data from A1:C100 and copies it to master.xls, opens workbook 2, grabs the data...

Does anyone now how to make Outlook 2007 function like Gmail's archive features, where archived messages will reappear if a new message comes in with the same "conversation"?
Does anyone now how to make Outlook 2007 function like Gmail's archive features, where archived messages will reappear if a new message comes in with the same "conversation"? mpdan122@gmail.com <mpdan122@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone now how to make Outlook 2007 function like Gmail's archive > features, where archived messages will reappear if a new message comes > in with the same "conversation"? Please don't multipost. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On Nov 29, 2:43 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > mp...

Outlook 2003 #146
I have outlook 2003 connecting to an exchange 2003 server. My users connect via terminal services (windows 2000) I've just migrated from exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. I want my users to work in cached mode so they can use the junk email filters build into outlook, but the option to select cached mode is greyed out. Any ideas why this would be, and how to fix it? Thanks On 13 Apr 2004 15:38, "James" <Homer@jamco> wrote: >I have outlook 2003 connecting to an exchange 2003 server. >My users connect via terminal services (windows 2000) I've just >migrated ...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

URGENT: Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 SP1 communication ports.
Hi, If anyone could help me with this I would be more than grateful. We have moved our Exchange Server to a DMZ with public address space, we are trying to connect Outlook 2003 clients to the server from our private address space. The routing is all set up correctly as we can ping both ways which leads me to believe it's a port problem, i.e. I haven't opened enough up. I've searched TechNet for the relevant documents and have made the needed changes where necessary. I have set a high static port in the registry on the exchange server and our domain controllers for RPC AD re...

Word 2003 into Pub 2003 or vice-versa
I have a biz card made in Publisher I'd like to print from Word because that's where I have the template from Avery for their stock. (Avery does not offer templates for Publisher I can't save that .pub in anything Word will recognize and I can't embed a .pub document in a Word template.. Any ideas...? Hi catch (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) in the Microsoft newsgroups you posted: || I have a biz card made in Publisher I'd like to print from Word || because that's where I have the template from Avery for their stock. || (Avery does not offer templates for Pub...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...