Reinstall Money Plus problems

I have Money plus on my PC which expires in 09 Nov. I purchased a new
downloaded copy so that I can extend it to 11 Jan. I tried to install
the new copy, it started the installation and gave the message: "Money
is ready to go! To complete the installation, Press Finish.

The copy of Money is still the same i.e. still the Nov expirity date.

Do I have to unstall the current copy and reinstall or is there a way
to extend the licence please?
0
a5243 (7)
6/15/2009 7:15:36 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Here are the instructions I received from Microsoft to manually
override/register Money Plus Deluxe. Hope this helps...

"Since you already purchased a new version of Money and already have the new
Product Key then you will need to contact our Online Store and obtain an
Override Key. When they email you the new Product Key, you will need to go
to the Money Core Files and locate the Extend.exe option. When you open the
Extend.exe option locate the option that say’s “Have a customer support
override key? Enter it now.” And click on Enter It Now.

For your convenience, I will provide you the contact information to our
Online Store. You are welcome to call them Monday through Friday from 8am to
8pm central time.

The phone number for our Online Store is: 952-646-5047
Email address: microsoftmoney.css@digitalriver.com

If you are not able to see the MoneyCoreFiles, I will provide you the steps
in order to locate this specific file, please follow the next steps:

1. Click on Start.
2. Click on Computer.
3. Click on C: / drive.
4. Open Program Files folder.
5. Open your Microsoft Money version folder.
6. You should be able to see the MNYCoreFiles folder.
Note: if you are not able to see this specific folder, please do the
following:
a. Click on Tools.
b. Folder Options.
c. Click on the View tab.
d. In the Advanced settings, under Hidden files and folders, select
Show hidden files and folders.
e. Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types and Hide protected
operating system files (recommended).
7. Once we have this specific folder shown in your Microsoft Money
folder, double click on it.
8. Search and open the Extend.exe option.
9. Click on the option that say’s “Have a customer support override
key? Enter it now.” And click on Enter It Now.
10. Enter your Override Key in to the box that says Key.
11. Click on Activate.

This will provide an extension on the Online Services of 2 years. Important:
Remember that Money will expire 2 years after activation or on January 31,
2011 depending on which is first. In this case it’s obvious that January 31,
2011 will be first.

It is not necessary to remove Money then apply the override key. However, if
you removed Money, then reinstall the software and follow the steps listed
above."

"a@aol.com" wrote:

> I have Money plus on my PC which expires in 09 Nov. I purchased a new
> downloaded copy so that I can extend it to 11 Jan. I tried to install
> the new copy, it started the installation and gave the message: "Money
> is ready to go! To complete the installation, Press Finish.
>
> The copy of Money is still the same i.e. still the Nov expirity date.
>
> Do I have to unstall the current copy and reinstall or is there a way
> to extend the licence please?

0
thorn5 (3)

Printer problem
Why does my printer ask me to "print to file?" What can I do to just get it to print a regular copy? Hi have you checked your settings in 'file - Print'. Make sure your printer is selected and 'print to file' is unchecked -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "miss piggy" <miss piggy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4299E911-251B-4161-BCF1-8118BAC9D7FD@microsoft.com... > Why does my printer ask me to "print to file?" What can I do to just get it > to print a regular copy? ...

I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup
M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003 After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20 install the Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP. I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20 setup has detect that you already have a version of=20 Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20 this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20 previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20 next question. Are you sure you want to uninstall the product? I answer YES I see this action is only valid for products that are=20 installed. SETUP ERRO...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically)
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

Sync MS Money 2004 desktop to laptop
Thinking of buying Money 2004. How do I install on both laptop and desktop and sync the data files? I use each computer about 50% of the time. It's easy with a floppy or two when you start but when the files get very large, the method I use is to connect the two computers via USB and synchronise that way. "wrachels" <wrachels@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:16de01c3851e$aff6dc50$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Thinking of buying Money 2004. How do I install on both > laptop and desktop and sync the data files? I use each > computer about 50% of the time. Oh ye...

Money crash on statement download
Very recently, if I download a bank statement as I've done for years, I get an immediate "cannot read memory at address xxxx and Money shuts down. It also corrupts the data file and I have to delete the mny file, then open Money and restore a backup. Last night it made me go back to the sample file provided with the program in order to get rid of the memory exception shutting down the program as soon as it was started. Using OFX file download. Thanks for any help ...

Outlook address book problem #3
To All, I have an issue where outlook has been deployed using a .prf file to a reasonably substantial number of users, however the deployment has not installed the outlook address book as part of the deployment although the information is present in the .prf file it appears to have been ignored. As a result I need to find a means in which to automate the configuration change to all the users, retaining their existing outlook profiles, has anyone done this, can anyone advise the registry key that needs to be changed to make this work? I have done some testing and been unable to find c...

2nd copy of MS Money
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C567AC.985FD3E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have been using MS Money on my desktop and would like to have this on = my laptop, too. Is it legal to have the same program on both or do I = have to purchase a second copy for my laptop? I downloaded the original = from MS's website so if it is legal to have it in both places, how do = you install it on the second machine? I have the trial version running on my laptop with the my account info. =...

Money 2000 price rate update
I replaced my computer to a new one with windows 2000 and SP 3. After install Money 2000 from CD, price update does not work. The update page set there doing nonthing. Any help will be appreciate. Do I need install any update ? Steven ...

Problems with Bank of America
Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of their products. For the last four years I have happily been using Money 2004 and downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement." Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 saying that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt data". A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I upgraded my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support IE7 yet) and they don't know why it isn't working....

Reinstall " framedyn.dll "
I've been to Google for this but I still have not had any success . Might there be a solution without paying for this supposed fix ? I'm running XP SP3 , OE 6 . TIA , D. "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 D. wrote: > I've been to Google for this but > I still have not had any success . > Might there be a solution without > paying for this supposed fix ?...

Outlook 2003 and Windows 7 problem
I justed added Outlook 2003 to my new computer which came with Windows 7 preinstalled. Everything seemed to be working ok until I tried to add apic to an email. I pressed the insert file button and hit the drop down looking for the libraries folder to get a pic. I'm finding that in outlook this folder is blank. I have plenty of pics in libraries so I know that is not the issue. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and a possible fix? Thnaks Brian Office 2003 uses its own file browser which is not aware of the Library structure which was introduced in Windows...

Creating a permanent note on an MS money 2005 invoice
Hi Everyone. This is my first post here. I'm looking to add a disclaimer to the bottom of our invoices using money 2005. By the looks of things, it's not possible with the Invoice Designer program which seems very limited. Are there any suggestions? Thanks, Alex ...

Still have file opening problem
My laptop has the following problem...click on a shortcut to or an Excel 97 file icon and Excel opens but not the file. If I open Excel and then go to File/Open....any of the files will open fine. I now have latest Zone Alarm and have removed and reinstalled Excel several times but same difficulty keeps occuring. Have also tried "unregserver/regserver" but no luck with that either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. check the properties of your icon (right click) and what do you see for filename or program. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site chan...

IMF
We had a problem with IIS which meant we had to remove and reinstall it. Since we have it back up and running IMF seems to no longer work. when trying to reinstall sp2 for exchange 2003 it is saying a previous version of imf exists. This is definatley not IMF v1 as we have had SP2 installed for a while and no problems. Any ideas how i can workaround this problem? Just as a side note OWA has also stopped working, when inputting your username and password you get a message saying: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". Not sure if they are related as of yet. Cheers in advance for any he...

Money 2006 #15
When I recently acquired this new PC with Vista, it included Microsoft Money, Version 2006. I previously used Version 2002 so I wasn’t used to some of the new features. Somehow, I clicked on something and now I cannot find the option to correct it. I never used the program to do any online banking or any other online features. I just want it keep a record of my expenditures as I did before. Now when I open the program I get a window that if I do not click on Work Offline it wants me to establish a connection to the Internet. I also had to set a different password than when I first ...

Weird Junk Mail Problem
Hi Everyone, I've exhausted my contacts at Microsoft, and still can't find a resolution. We have a one-domain Exchange environment, running on one server. The domain controllers are other servers, so no problem there. We have 168 users, but have 4 that have a weird problem. Our domain is wchosp.org. When usera sends one of the 4 users (let's call him userb) an email at userb@wchosp.org it goes into junk mail. Now this is all within the same domain... so I figured, well the user is blocked or set through a rule to go to junk mail... no such luck. So we did some more...

Reinstall of IE8
How can I reinstall IE8? The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8. -- Bob M Hi Bob, One would ask why you want to re-install IE8. What is broken so much that you cannot fix it? Apart from that you can only re-install IE8 on XP/SP2-3 machines by first uninstalling it an reverting back to your previous IE version and then downloading and installing the latest version from the IE site. To repair IE 8 go Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Advanced tab, click the "Reset" button. Regards. "BobM" <BobM@discussions.micros...

money password problem
I have money 2000, I downloaded money 2004 trial version to see if it had a feature I was looking for. It didn't so I went to restore money 2000 and get rid of 04'. Now when I try and open my backup file it prompts me for a password. I never have had a password in money. I tried going back to 04, saving a backup with a password and opening it in 00. I put in the password I created and it doesn't accept that one.. Any way to just reset the password??, or some other workaround. thanks It must be way too hard to read all of the screens that would have warned you about th...

Activation Problem MS Money Essentials
Whenever I try to use the product key to activate my ms money essential software, it will not take all of the key that was sent in my email...what am I doing wrong? In microsoft.public.money, Ole Bob Semper Fi wrote: >Whenever I try to use the product key to activate my ms money essential >software, it will not take all of the key that was sent in my email...what am >I doing wrong? Copy the entire key, dashes and all, from the email, and paste into any of the activation key boxes. I have exactly the same problem, and the suggestion here does nothing to help. "Cal Learne...

How can I reinstall my mouse by keyboard?
Windows XP Pro. SP3 My mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Device Manager -> PS/2 Compatible Mouse Properties -> General [tab] -> Device Status says, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." Troubleshooter says, "Uninstall and then reinstall your device." To do this I must right-click the device in Device Manager and then click Uninstall -> Confirm Device Removal -> OK. However, I c...

Outlook Send Problem after SP3 yesterday
After installing SP3 and the other security updates from yesterday, I can no longer send email in outlook. I get the error message "Operation Failed. An object can not be found." Anyone have any ideas? ...

Return Money 2005 DIRECTLY to MS :)
Just read the conditions of the 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and MS will refund "reasonable" S&H costs up to $7! If you're unhappy w/ Money 2005, I can't think of a better way to get your opinion across than to send it back directly to MS (along with the "explanation for return" that they request) AND stick them with the shipping bill. :) If you return it to the store, the best MS will ever learn is that it was defective. Sending it back to Redmond lets them know they just paid $5 extra for a product they rushed out. Your voice will instantly take on as much...

Cell shading problem
Hi all, I am hoping you can help me with the following problem. I am trying to create an easy cycle time sheet as follows - Col A --------------- Col b ---------- Col C --------------- Col D - step number------Description-------Time---------- ----1-------------------pick---------------2-------------"cell shaded red" -----------------------------------------------------------"cell shaded red" ----2-----------------place---------------3-------------"cell shaded blue" -----------------------------------------------------------"cell shaded blue" --------...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

Web service / javascript problem on remote pc
Hi, I've created a web service that is called in the onload event of an entity. The code to access the web service (Microsoft.XMLHTTP) is in a seperate javascript file and I use a 'document.write' statement in my global.js to include it there. The code works fine when I access CRM on the crm server, but when I try to connect from another pc, the onload event doesn't get results back from the web service. When I access the web service directly in a browser from that pc it works fine. I was wondering if someone else had similar issues. I already tried to play with the s...