Reinstall after drive crash

I hope someone out there can help me.  I lost my disk drive and had to
reintall all my software.  After I was back up I was able to restore my
documents and settings.  I then downloaded Money 2006 from the site Microsfot
told me to.   I have followed the directions found on
microsoft.com/money/special/moneyspecialpages_launcg2006_thakyou.mspx step B.

When I restore my backup money file, the next time I access money I get a
message that I am using a 90 trial.  I have no disk as I purchased the
software on line from microsoft and downloaded.

Can someone please help.  Thanks
0
Gary103 (266)
5/3/2006 3:34:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Read More, Post Less. This has been much discussed of late. They are broken
and will fix it Real Soon Now.

And advice for next time: just buy the CD and skip all of this mickey mouse.

"jim Gary" <jim Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I restore my backup money file, the next time I access money I get a
> message that I am using a 90 trial.  I have no disk as I purchased the
> software on line from microsoft and downloaded.

In microsoft.public.money, jim Gary <jim
Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I hope someone out there can help me.  I lost my disk drive and had to
>reintall all my software.  After I was back up I was able to restore my
>documents and settings.  I then downloaded Money 2006 from the site Microsfot
>told me to.   I have followed the directions found on
>microsoft.com/money/special/moneyspecialpages_launcg2006_thakyou.mspx step B.
>
>When I restore my backup money file, the next time I access money I get a
>message that I am using a 90 trial.  I have no disk as I purchased the
>software on line from microsoft and downloaded.
>
>Can someone please help.  Thanks

First, there is a temporary problem. The first status item at
http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp discusses it.
So Wednesday evening try this:

When Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you
bought Money, it will download the appropriate things and adjust
the version that you see in Help->About....

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930
and follow it if you want your Money file to use the same Passport
on your Money file that you used when you bought Money.

If you want something other than to do that, do something slightly
different.  Create a NEW empty file (named perhaps Temp.mny) that
you put the referenced Passport onto.  Let Money download data that
it needs.  Close Money.  Restart Money.

Confirm that Money shows the right version.  Then click on your
real Money file that is shown on the bottom of the File menu.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/3/2006 4:05:00 AM
Hi Jim,

Would you mind testing the download now and see if you are successful?
(http://www.microsoft.com/money/special/ThankYou2006.mspx)

Thanks!
Bree

"jim Gary" <jim Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I hope someone out there can help me.  I lost my disk drive and had to
> reintall all my software.  After I was back up I was able to restore my
> documents and settings.  I then downloaded Money 2006 from the site
Microsfot
> told me to.   I have followed the directions found on
> microsoft.com/money/special/moneyspecialpages_launcg2006_thakyou.mspx step
B.

> When I restore my backup money file, the next time I access money I get a
> message that I am using a 90 trial.  I have no disk as I purchased the
> software on line from microsoft and downloaded.
>
> Can someone please help.  Thanks

What a joke.  The MSN sites lists the problem was resolved on May 1st.  Last
night it still wasn't working.  Finally today it is.  It's pretty sad that it
took nearly 10 tens to correct this problem.  Next time I will purchase the
CD or better yet move to Quicken.

"Bree" wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Would you mind testing the download now and see if you are successful?
> (http://www.microsoft.com/money/special/ThankYou2006.mspx)
>
> Thanks!
> Bree
>
> "jim Gary" <jim Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I hope someone out there can help me.  I lost my disk drive and had to
> > reintall all my software.  After I was back up I was able to restore my
> > documents and settings.  I then downloaded Money 2006 from the site
> Microsfot
> > told me to.   I have followed the directions found on
> > microsoft.com/money/special/moneyspecialpages_launcg2006_thakyou.mspx step
> B.
> >
> > When I restore my backup money file, the next time I access money I get a
> > message that I am using a 90 trial.  I have no disk as I purchased the
> > software on line from microsoft and downloaded.
> >
> > Can someone please help.  Thanks

I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup
M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003 After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20 install the Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP. I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20 setup has detect that you already have a version of=20 Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20 this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20 previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20 next question. Are you sure you want to uninstall the product? I answer YES I see this action is only valid for products that are=20 installed. SETUP ERRO...

Money crash on statement download
Very recently, if I download a bank statement as I've done for years, I get an immediate "cannot read memory at address xxxx and Money shuts down. It also corrupts the data file and I have to delete the mny file, then open Money and restore a backup. Last night it made me go back to the sample file provided with the program in order to get rid of the memory exception shutting down the program as soon as it was started. Using OFX file download. Thanks for any help ...

Reinstall " framedyn.dll "
I've been to Google for this but I still have not had any success . Might there be a solution without paying for this supposed fix ? I'm running XP SP3 , OE 6 . TIA , D. "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 D. wrote: > I've been to Google for this but > I still have not had any success . > Might there be a solution without > paying for this supposed fix ?...

Outlook Express crashes when sending more than 1 mail
Hello, I have a computer (portable) with XP Home edition, including SP2 and all the other Windows updates. I have a wireless broadband connection (Telenet - Belgium) and the device for sending wireless (my router) is a D-Link router. I use outlook express (version 6) with 2 identities. But every time I want to forward the second mail, the program doesn't respond anymore. Everything freezes (in Outlouk Express) so I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and shut down outlook. When I look after the restart of outlook in my sent-items, the e-mail was send. Anyone who knows what 's happening and...

IMF
We had a problem with IIS which meant we had to remove and reinstall it. Since we have it back up and running IMF seems to no longer work. when trying to reinstall sp2 for exchange 2003 it is saying a previous version of imf exists. This is definatley not IMF v1 as we have had SP2 installed for a while and no problems. Any ideas how i can workaround this problem? Just as a side note OWA has also stopped working, when inputting your username and password you get a message saying: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". Not sure if they are related as of yet. Cheers in advance for any he...

Reinstall of IE8
How can I reinstall IE8? The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8. -- Bob M Hi Bob, One would ask why you want to re-install IE8. What is broken so much that you cannot fix it? Apart from that you can only re-install IE8 on XP/SP2-3 machines by first uninstalling it an reverting back to your previous IE version and then downloading and installing the latest version from the IE site. To repair IE 8 go Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Advanced tab, click the "Reset" button. Regards. "BobM" <BobM@discussions.micros...

Outlook 2003 comes up, then crashes, no error message
I have been using Outlook 2003 for a few years. Now when I start Outlook 2003 the splash window comes up, then the application window comes up. After about the normal time for initialization, the application window closes and the application appears to have abended. On subsequent attempt to start Outlook 2003 get the same result except get "file not closed properly" message. Have tried running scanpst.exe, uninstalling and reinstalling all of MS Office 2003, but no difference. Have also tried copying the outlook.pst data file to another computer with Outlook 2003, and no proble...

Back up on thumb drive
Help! I am trying to save My Money on a thumb drive and it tells me that I need permission from the administrator. What do I do? -- Maribeth ...

Crash on splash screen...
....after "Optimizing font menu preformance..." every Office X application (Execl, Word) doesn't run and an error report premature close up. I've tried solutions written here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/troubleshooting.html but doesn't works. Can I substitute system fonts with original cd system or how? Or the problem is with User's fonts? I think is something about fonts but I've compared with another workstation and there are the same fonts (under user/library/fonts and system/library/fonts). Other application works fine. I try to re-installe...

Bitmap.Save crash when ivoked for the second time ?
Hi all, In a class I have to methods: public void Download(string imageUrl) { using (WebClient client = new WebClient()) { using (Stream stream = client.OpenRead(imageUrl)) { this.FoundBitmap = new Bitmap(stream); stream.Flush(); } } } and... public void SaveImage(string filename, ImageFormat format) { if (FoundBitmap != null) { try { FoundBitmap...

How can I reinstall my mouse by keyboard?
Windows XP Pro. SP3 My mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Device Manager -> PS/2 Compatible Mouse Properties -> General [tab] -> Device Status says, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." Troubleshooter says, "Uninstall and then reinstall your device." To do this I must right-click the device in Device Manager and then click Uninstall -> Confirm Device Removal -> OK. However, I c...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

reinstall
need to change fiscal year set up and delete all non essential data, do I need to reinstall or there is another possibility? ...

PC crashes when touched
Any idea why my Old pc crashes (like it momentarily lost power and immediately starts to reboot) when touched sometimes? Jack Sounds like an issue with static electricity 'causing a short somewhere.. I'm guessing by touch you mean touching metal, like the case is metal. "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:O$Yj30U5KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Any idea why my Old pc crashes (like it momentarily lost power and > immediately starts to reboot) when touched sometimes? > > Jack > > The case is plas...

how do I reinstall money after OS reinstall
I had to reinstall XP, and lost all installed programs, registry, etc. I still have the old hard drive, so I have the installed files for money, office, etc. But none of them are really installed. I do not see a setup file anywhere, and trying to run the exe I get a message that I have to run setup. I downloaded the software, and suppose I no longer have the original downloaded file. Money should be able to run with the files I have, but I have to get it installed. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Kenny8 wrote: >I had to reinstall XP, and lost all installed prog...

Reinstalling Windows 7
I have win 7 running ... well, crawling... on a new quad core computer (it really started its slow-down after installing Office 2007). Its so sluggish that I've decided to do a fresh reinstall. Drive C is partitioned and the second partition (F) carries all my data. Its backed up, but I'd like, if possible to format C without interfering with F, reinstalling Win 7 on C. Is that possible? I have the original install disk, and I particularly want to start off from scrathj with a formatted C. How sluggish is my pc? Well, even with just 3 or 4 worksheets opened and no...

Server Crash MDBDATA Folder saved
hi my dc/exchange server crashed, but i've saved the mdbdata folder... i've set up a new dc with a fresh domain and new exchange 2003 sp1 as before, but how can i migrate the mailboxes out of the old mdbdata folder into the new db? any help greatly appreciated thx andi You need the recovery storage group. But why SP1? SP2 has been out 6 months and is a killer upgrade. "andi" <andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98AACEE4-3951-42D7-A76C-94F822D34054@microsoft.com... > hi > > my dc/exchange server crashed, but i've saved the mdbdata ...

Calendar crashs Outlook
I using MS office 2007 with Outlook. I sync Outlook's Calendar, Contacts and Task with my HP iPAQ pocket PC. Everything has been work fine (ever since Office 2007 was released) up until now. The problem is when a OL Calendar event is due it notifies me with a pop-up screen. When I dismiss the notification it crashes OL with out any error messages and does not clear the notification. Everything works OK on the iPAQ Pocket PC. Any idea what is wrong? I've done every thing I can think of short of re-installing MS office 2007 Thank you -- Bob Eyster MS Windows Vista Home Premi...

List Webpart Installs fine, but crashes Sharepoint
Ok, I read the readme, and see that others have had trust delegation issues. I have a single SBS 2003 server. When I install the CRM Webpart, go to Sharepoint and add the webpart to the home page, subsequent visits give me a Sharepoint Timeout error. When I uninstall the list webpart, the company webpage comes back up fine. Where would I find a log file or something to help diagnose this? I've googled the issue and can't find anyone else having this problem. Any other ideas? Thanks, James ...

Outlook 2003 crashed when setup to use Cached Exchange Mode
I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode (Offline feature), but when they try to send a new message Outlook crash, and the program is close. Is there is a fix for it? The Mail system that we are using is Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 as a mail client. Any ideas or fixes it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hector Mena wrote: > I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft > Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode > (Offline fea...

Faillure of Windows Backup of C: to other hard drive
For a long time computer freezups and unresponsive programs have prevented me from making backups. My Physical Hard Drives: 1) 500 GB RAID 0 hard drive contains C: 2) 250 GB hard drive contains N:. 3) 1 TB hard drive Here is what happened when I tried to make a backup of C: partition on drive 1 to N: on drive 2 using Windows Backup. The computer was running in safe mode with msconfig set to disable services and startups. IN THE EVENT VIEWER [APPLICATION] SECTION ============= = 1 Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None Event ID: 8018 Date: 11...

Reinstalled Software
Hi! I'm having an Office v. X problem, and I was hoping someone could help me. A few days ago, I reinstalled the system software that came with my Emac (I am using 10.2.4). Previously, I had installed Office Student and Teacher Edition. When my computer restarted after the software reinstallation, MSN Messenger was working fine. Powerpoint, Excel, and Entourage gave me the message "The Office v. X test drive has expired..." Word was still renamed "Evil Application of Doom", a name I gave it, so I assumed it was fine and it functioned for a few times. Then, it started g...

Reinstalling outlook 2000 on reinstalled OS
I need to reinstall my operating system to resolve several hardware issues I'm having. What are the names and locations of the files I need to save so I don't lose any of my data within Outlook 2000? Thank you. ...

Outlook 2007 Crashes Upon Opening
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 and always errors out and closes when I start it. Everything that I can see points to the mso.dll file. I swapped it out with another copy (have the orig) and still same result. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Below is the info from the event log, hope someone can assist. -------- Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6316.5000, stamp 4833a470, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00dfef5d. Fo...

Cannot reinstall 2004
I had to rebuild my O/S and my machine this weekend, and now cannot use my Money 2004. The only file I have is the original trial version that I downloaded last year. I had then bought the program online, and still have my activation code. However, when I launch MS Money now and sign in on passport, it starts to load my money file, then the program shuts down becaues it is after jan 1 2005 because my install is a trial version. I tried resetting the date, but then passport won't sign me in. How do I put in my activation code so that it knows I'm registered with the Deluxe version?...