Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center

Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in
Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center

For WHATEVER reason, Microsoft dropped support for one of its most
useful, albeit free, utilities I have EVER used, and used EVERY SINGLE
DAY, ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY, since It has been available: synching
Microsoft Money 2006 with my PocketPC.  I have purchased EVERY VERSION
of Microsoft Money since its inception, and have truly used it to my
benefit, and was ECSTATIC when they brought about the ability to synch
that great product with my PocketPC by installing the freely
downloadable "Money for PocketPC" versions. Truly the mark of
mobility, no matter how small, it has been extremely useful.  That is,
UNTIL the birth of Microsoft Windows Vista's WDMC- "Windows Mobile
Device Center", the  ridiculous, cartoon-like follow-on to ActiveSync
for PocketPC.

Until now, I have seen no fix for not syncing Money with the PocketPC,
including ANY offering from the supposed "hard-working" Microsoft WMDC
developers listed in their forums at
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2007/02/01/windows-mobile-device-center-rtms.aspx.
They have even removed my posts from their blog asking about it AND
condemning them for it.  I have also been criticized on other groups
looking for support for this little program, but I discovered the
following simple procedure allowed "Money for PocketPC 2006" to be
picked up by WMDC, and it works, so far, flawlessly.

Please remember that for even more ridiculous reasons I would never
understand, Microsoft Money 2007 DOES NOT support synching with
PocketPC in ANY form, and I can't help with that.  So Microsoft gets
NO additional revenue from me for newer Microsoft Money versions or
for upgrading my PocketPC past Windows Mobile 2003 until the newer
products once again support synching with the Money products.   So, it
is my hope this procedure restores your ability within Vista to synch
your PocketPC with Microsoft Money 2006, and you can get on with your
daily life.

To those of you AT Microsoft:  I think your decision to stop
supporting PocketPC synching with your Money products is ludicrous.  A
small decision like this is precedent.  This decision, and any other
like it, moves away from your corporation's "Mobile Strategy"
completely.  I have NO IDEA how you could in ANY FORM move away from
that mobile concept, but the WMDC and/or Money Project Managers need
to BE FIRED for not just missing, but completely IGNORING the mobility
concept, AND removing a previously existing functionality.  In short-
you Microsoft WMDC and/or Money Product Managers have REALLY pissed me
off.

And now; the simple registry fix procedure:

Note:
This procedure contains information about how to modify the registry.
Make sure that you back up your system before you modify it. Make sure
that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs.  It is
HIGHLY recommended that you create a System Restore Point in BEFORE
proceeding.  I make NO guarantees regarding your particular outcome,
and I will NOT be responsible for anything that happens in the course
of you following this procedure.  However, it is pretty darn simple.

This procedure works and was tested ONLY with:
A. Microsoft Money 2006
B. Microsoft Money 2006 for PocketPC
C. Windows Mobile Device Center "Release" version.
D. HP iPAQ model 2215 with Windows Mobile 2003.
E. Windows Vista Enterprise Release version.
F. Microsoft Money on my system was installed to- "c:\Program files
\Microsoft Money 2006". Make a note of where on your PC you installed
Money.

1. Reboot your system, logon, and leaving all applications closed,
create a System Restore Point that you can revert to if anything goes
wrong.  This is a best practice before you ever make ANY changes to
your system, so do it often because it works.
2. Install (OH GOD!) Windows Mobile Device Center "Release" version.
Do some initial test syncs with your PocketPC with mail, notes etc..
3. Install and configure Microsoft Money 2006, configure with your
financial information and BACK IT UP!  Remember- Money 2007 DOES NOT
sync with ANYTHING!
4. Install "Money for PocketPC 2006" to your PocketPC.  You will most
likely receive an error dialog stating:
"File(s) failed to self-register: "c:\Program files\Microsoft Money
2006\MNYCoreFiles\ActiveDsk.dll"
5. Ignore that message, and close the dialog.
6. Reboot your system.
7. Logon and open Registry Editor with all applications closed.
8. Navigate to the following registry key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Services
\Synchronization\Objects"
9. Right-click on the "Objects" key, and select  "New > Key".
10. Name the Key "Microsoft Money Data".
11. Right-click on the empty "Default" string value that is already
there and select "Modify...".
12. Enter "Microsoft Money Data" for the name and click "OK".
13. Right-click on the new "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft
\Windows CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects\Microsoft Money
Data" key and select "New > String Value". Name the new String Value
"DefaultIcon". Click "OK".
14. Right-click on the "DefaultIcon" String Value and enter "c:
\Program files\Microsoft Money 2006\MNYCoreFiles
\ActiveDsk.dll,-8002".  Do this PRECISELY.  It MUST match the actual
path where you installed Microsoft Money on your PC and where the
ActiveDsk.dll file is located.
15. Right-click on the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects\Microsoft Money Data" key
and select "New > DWORD (32 bit) Value". Name the new DWORD "Dirty".
Click "OK".
16. Leave the DWORD "Dirty" as a hex value of "0".
17. Right-click on the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects\Microsoft Money Data" key
and select "New > DWORD (32 bit) Value". Name the new DWORD
"Disabled". Click "OK".
18. Leave the DWORD "Dirty" as a hex value of "0".
19. Right-click on the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects\Microsoft Money Data" key
and select "New > String Value". Name the new String Value "Display
Name". Click "OK".
20. Right-click on the "Display Name" String Value and enter
"Microsoft Money Data".
21. Right-click on the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects\Microsoft Money Data" key
and select "New > String Value". Name the new String Value "Plural
Name". Click "OK".
22. Right-click on the "Plural Name" String Value and enter "Microsoft
Money Data".
23. Right-click on the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects\Microsoft Money Data" key
and select "New > String Value". Name the new String Value "Store".
Click "OK".
24. Right-click on the "Store" String Value and enter
"MS.WinCE.Money2000".
25. Close Registry Editor.
26. Reboot your system.
27. Logon, sync your PocketPC.  Open WMDC and look at "Mobile Device
Settings", and open "Change Content Sync Settings".  You should see
"Microsoft Money Data" listed and selected.  Your PocketPC with "Money
for PocketPC 2006" should have received your Microsoft Money 2006
information!

Notes:
1. The dialog "File(s) failed to self-register: "c:\Program files
\Microsoft Money 2006\MNYCoreFiles\ActiveDsk.dll" when installing
"Money for PocketPC 2006" eludes that the .DLL file "ActiveDsk.dll",
did not register properly.  I have tried to register the .DLL by using
the command "regsvr32" and the proper path, but I receive the
following message:
"The call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80040201"
So it won't register, but the synching works.  If anyone has ideas
about this, I'm interested in how to register that .DLL and why in
won't on it's own or by trying to properly register it.
2. Is Microsoft attempting to block this useful program from
installing?
3. Why DID "Money for PocketPC 2006" WORK CORRECTLY in the Beta
versions of WMDC?
4. How HARD would it have been for Microsoft to do this?
5. If you feel this posted procedure is useful, I would ask that if
you propagate it around, that you PLEASE leave my comments intact.  I
ask that my comments to Microsoft about the dropping of ANY
functionality within Windows Vista should be passed on, read and
understood.
6. If you REALLY find this useful, why not make a donation to me of .
25 on PayPal?  MS took this away, and I brought it back. And I can
REALLY use the money more than they can.  They ought to see someone
making a paltry some for fixing this anyway the lazy, thieving ....

Good luck, and Happy Money Management!

scottysfunshack@hotmail.com

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Good work on the fix, I think I can shorten it considerably however. I just
upgraded to Vista TODAY and have been frustrated all day trying to get Money
2006 back up and running with Money PPC 2006. Below are the instructions

****SHORT FIX****
IT is good practice to always backup your registry before making any
modifications.
1. Make sure you are logged in as administrator, press WINDOWS-R and type
REGEDIT.
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE
Services\Services\Synchronization\
3. Right-Click on Synchronization and click NEW/KEY
4. Name the new key ---> Objects
5. Hit Enter and close registry editor
6. WINDOWS-R again and type CMD
7. Enter EXACTLY: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money
2006\MNYCoreFiles\Activedsk.dll"
8. Press Enter
9. After a few seconds a window will pop-up saying "DLLRegisterServer in
...... succeeded.
10. Reboot your computer and sync. You should see the Microsoft Money 2006
Icon under

*** DOWNLOAD BATCH FILE ***
If you are not comfortable/familiar with editing the registry you can
download a *.BAT file from my website to do the work for you. Here are those
instructions:
1. Download BAT file from
http://www.teacheradmin.com/downloads/MONEYPPC2006.bat
2. Save to Desktop (or somewhere convenient)
3. When download completes double-click the file
4. A CMD window will open stating "The operation completed successfully" and
a RegTool Window will open Asking, "Are You Sure?", click YES, then press any
key to close CMD window.
5. Restart computer, sync and enjoy!

On Feb 18, 12:51 am, haagendoss <haagend...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> > "Money for PocketPC 2006" eludes that the .DLL file "ActiveDsk.dll",
> > did not register properly.  I have tried to register the .DLL by using
> > the command "regsvr32" and the proper path, but I receive the
> > following message:
> > "The call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80040201"
> > So it won't register, but the synching works.  If anyone has ideas
> > about this, I'm interested in how to register that .DLL and why in
> > won't on it's own or by trying to properly register it.
> > 2. Is Microsoft attempting to block this useful program from
> > installing?
> > 3. Why DID "Money for PocketPC 2006" WORK CORRECTLY in the Beta
> > versions of WMDC?
> > 4. How HARD would it have been for Microsoft to do this?
> > 5. If you feel this posted procedure is useful, I would ask that if

Very good!

1=2E I didn't want to have a reg file because sometimes people install
things to different locations, and I didn't have a place I wanted the
world to download from.
2=2E As I mentioned, I think one of the problems is that the
ActiveDsk.dll will NOT register on my Vista Enterprise system- even
when trying "manually", again, as I mentioned.  I'm wondering then if
it DID register on your  machine?

Thanks again..

DAW

<daworldwide@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> 6. If you REALLY find this useful, why not make a donation to me of .

This wouldn't work for windows mobile 5.0 devices, would it?

0
reply8278 (45)
2/18/2007 11:18:22 PM
On Feb 18, 6:18 pm, "theorbo" <r...@to-group.nfo> wrote:
> <daworldw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > 6. If you REALLY find this useful, why not make a donation to me of .
>
> This wouldn't work for windows mobile 5.0 devices, would it?

I'm not sure. The issue seems to be moer that WMDC doesn't want to
register Money for PocketPC 2006 "normally".  If it USED to work with
Mobile 5, then it MIGHT work again.  If you do a system restore point
first, you can make the changes and always revert back- the process is
pertty simple.

True, failed to add the disclaimer about the install to different locations.
My bad!

I went back and attempted to install Money 2006 PPC on a different machine
and received the same error. I had a hunch that the reason the Activedsk.dll
could not be registered was either a permissions error or something like
that. I noticed that both machines i attempted to install on were missing the
key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
CE\Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects.  When I added the key and
attempted to register the Activedsk.dll manually (via CMD and regsvr32) it
succeeded without error, after failing using the same process before adding
the key.

"daworldwide@hotmail.com" wrote:
> Very good!
>
> 1. I didn't want to have a reg file because sometimes people install
> things to different locations, and I didn't have a place I wanted the
> world to download from.
> 2. As I mentioned, I think one of the problems is that the
> ActiveDsk.dll will NOT register on my Vista Enterprise system- even
> when trying "manually", again, as I mentioned.  I'm wondering then if
> it DID register on your  machine?
>
> Thanks again..
>
> DAW

Money is not updating and display the "fyi" alerts for my investments.  It
was working but then stopped.  I can increase the number of hours, e.g., to
9000, and uncheck the "hide" if the fyi has been selected before and it will
show "fyi" s next to my investments, but it won't show any new ones, for
example, within the last day or so.  Can anyone help me with this?  thanks.

> [...]

> 2. Is Microsoft attempting to block this useful program from
> installing?
> 3. Why DID "Money for PocketPC 2006" WORK CORRECTLY in the Beta
> versions of WMDC?
> 4. How HARD would it have been for Microsoft to do this?
> 5. If you feel this posted procedure is useful, I would ask that if
> you propagate it around, that you PLEASE leave my comments intact.  I
> ask that my comments to Microsoft about the dropping of ANY
> functionality within Windows Vista should be passed on, read and
> understood.
> 6. If you REALLY find this useful, why not make a donation to me of .
> 25 on PayPal?  MS took this away, and I brought it back. And I can
> REALLY use the money more than they can.  They ought to see someone
> making a paltry some for fixing this anyway the lazy, thieving ....

Miles (62)

"Current User Login Activity" window, can it be locked?
All of our users connect to GP by way of Terminal Services. If they get disconnected and try to log back in and their old session is still active they get the message that they are already logged in. It never fails that they just delete themselves out and go on, into a new session. Later they log in and get the old session back, by this time it has timed out and has gone to a disconnected state. Of course the first time they try to do something it says their activity record has been removed, well duh!! Is there any way to stop them from being able to remove their record from the a...

How to add new field (column) in GAL Window
Hi all, I would like to know how we can put another column to be seen in the GAL Window when it appears to the user when he/she clicks in the GAL button. Best regards, EEOC. NONE <eduardoeoc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164033503.710034.38310@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, I would like to know how we can put another column to be > seen in the GAL Window when it appears to the user when he/she clicks > in the GAL button. > Best regards, EEOC. > There is no known way to modify the tablular address book display in any way. You can modify t...

Problems updating MS Money software
Everytime I start my MS Money I get a message saying that a new software version is available. I accept the message and see the download to complete. At that point I get a: We were not able to complete the update. Make sure that you're still connected to the Internet and have at least 100 MB space in your hard drive' Obviously I meet this 2 conditions and I was even able to see where Money is putting all these new files. I just don't know what happens right at the end when it tries to start the update. Any help is really appreciated, MV -- MV ...

Registry Security Issue
Client has locked down users. The normal users cannot get into SO. They are getting this message "Your Windows account does not allow you to write to the registry" What minimum rights must I give them? All Admin users can run RMS just fine. Rich, This is a common problem. RMS was built a number of years ago before the security push. Most of the information is stored in the registry, so the user needs to be able to read and write to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Operations key. Its easier just to give them full access to this key instead of try...

Fixed image moves down spreadsheet.
I have a multipage spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2003 with an image inserted in the top cells. When it is opened in Excel 2007 everything looks normal until you go to print preview. In print preview the image moves down the page a few centimeters on each page. In a large spreadsheet it will be midway through the page sometimes. I am not seeing this problem when opened in Excel 2003. Is this a compatibility problem? Any thoughts on this? ...

Color Schemes in Money 2004?
Is there some hidden way to change the color scheme in Money 2004 Deluxe? The option is there, but my drop-down box only has "Money 2004 Default Colors" along with black and white options. Seems like they forgot to include various color schemes and I'd prefer something other than Money Default. Any help is appreciated. So everyone just uses the plain old default color scheme? ...

registry cannot load
I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp. Registry doesn't load. Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting message. It began at shut down I think. Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading the hives. It seemed stuck and I shut off the power. Next day the System wouldn't load. I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files. They don't work. I can get command console. I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end it says it couldn't update the regist...

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 ...

Money 2000 Online Download Problem
I am having problems downloading account balances online. I never had a problem prior to July 2003, but now after Money 2000 downloads the balances, it wants me to choose an account to match with the downloaded account number. When I point it to the right account name, it gives me a message indicating "the bank associated with this account has already been enabled for Online Services through another service provider. Please create another In microsoft.public.money, Rathin Patel wrote: >I am having problems downloading account balances online. >I never had a problem pr...

email not showing up in Windows Mail now that I added it to my pho
I have been getting my email flawlessly on Windows Mail for over a year. Recently, I added the same email address to my phone so I could read my email when I was not home. When I read them on my phone during the day, they are not also on my desktop Windows Mail anymore. I can not find any setting in the Windows Mail to keep the messages on the server. There must be a way to have the same email in 2 places at once. please help In Windows Mail, it is easy. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. The problem is that ...

Problem in downloading MS Office 2010 Beta
Hi, I have problem in downloading Ms Office 2010 Beta from https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/wizard.aspx?wizid=402f9246-461c-4a79-bb8d-2f794a83fa4d&lcid=1033&ci=393 The MS server keep on checking my system requirement for more than 30 minutes but failed to proceed or give any advise. May I know what are the possible reasons for this ? I have Open Office and IBM Lotus Symphony installed in my PC, can this be the hindrance ? How should I report this problem to MS ? Kindly provide me the URL. Thanks Low -- A36B58K641 http://support.microso...

Minimized Navigation window
I have a few Access databases that I run and recently one of them has experienced a bit of a strange issue. The navigation window on the left which I've been viewing has been reduced to about a 1/2 inch window now and there seems to be no way to stretch it and make it larger. I've moved the mouse over the right side of the window area, up and down and all over and no double-sided arrows appear to resize. My other databases aren't experiencing this so I suspect it might be a little error that can't be repaired. Any ideas anyone? If you have any forms open w...

Registry
Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting the question here. The registry on the computer needs to be cleaned. Most of the errors I am getting are related to registry problems. I am not computer knowledgeable to clean the registry manually. I wonder if someone could suggest a good, reliable and trustworthy registry cleaner software and that would not be too expensive. Thanks! -- Barbara On 07/08/2010 05:09 PM, Barbara wrote: > Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting > the question here. The registr...

Dialog Window Size #2
I am using Visual Studio C++ 6.0 I would like my MFC app Dialog window to be a fixed pixel size. Lets say the screen resolution is required to be 1024x768 on the monitor the app is running on. I want my Main Dialog Window to be a fixed size of 1000x750. Can this be done? Are you saying you dont want it to be resizable? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:m2J6g.6$923.5@trndny02... > I am using Visual Studio C++ 6.0 > I would like my MFC app Dialog window to be a fixed pixel size. > Lets say the screen resol...

Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center
Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center For WHATEVER reason, Microsoft dropped support for one of its most useful, albeit free, utilities I have EVER used, and used EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY, since It has been available: synching Microsoft Money 2006 with my PocketPC. I have purchased EVERY VERSION of Microsoft Money since its inception, and have truly used it to my benefit, and was ECSTATIC when they brought about the ability to synch that great product with my PocketPC by installing the freely downloada...

Money 2004 Disappointing. Downgrading to 2003.
After playing with it for a few days, I'm going to back out of Money 2004 and continue with 2003. I can't name a single thing that shows marked improvement in this new version. And, more to the point, most of the things I found frustrating about 2003 (background updates still require Passport, what the _fuck_; reconciliation continues to be utterly useless; "Home" is slow to load; minor updates to a field in a list of transactions require the entire page to refresh) - remain just as bad. I'm surprised that Microsoft calls this a new piece of software. If anything, it ...

Center Focus on Field
I'm wondering if it's possible to center a field with set focus. Right now, the field on my form appears at the top of the screen--is it possible to center it (I have a multi-page form). Thank you Did you want to move a textbox relative to the form, or the form relative to the Access window? The Top and Left properties of a textbox will move it relative to the form. The MoveSize Method will move the form relative to the Access window, as in: DoCmd.MoveSize 1440, 2400, , 2000 The syntax is: DoCmd.MoveSize [right][, down][, width][, height] and all measurement...

Windows 2000 address book
How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS environment? No need to repost within minutes. This is not a chatgroup. See your original post. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "BeetleB" <BeetleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:235EC58E-50ED-46ED-89E7-B9DF7311DADE@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS > environment? > > ...

MS Exchange 2003
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Em Yeu wrote: > If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. > After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Open the System Manager then drill down to the respective Mailbox Store > Mailboxes. Right-click the Mailboxes container and select Run Cleanup Agent, then find the mailbox in the right pane (indicated by a red X) right-click it and select Reconnect. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org ...

DPM 2010 and MSISCSI in Windows 2008 R2
I've been evaluating dpm 2010 and I'm encountering issues with all volumes on iscsi dynamic disks that are used for DPM's storage pool in Windows 2008 R2. The volumes all work just fine at first untill a reboot. After a reboot, all disks in the pool show as online with errors and all volumes come up as healthy (at risk) DPM console shows the disks as missing or with errors. Lots of DPM errors en the event log: DPM-EM Error 3101 "Recovery data for System Protection on <server name> in protection group resides on a volume that cannot be detected. All sub...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Windows email 06-14-10
I have been receiving and sending emails on my windows mail program for 2 or 3 years, all of a sudden, a security box opens when I try to receive asking for username and password. When I fill in that information I still can not receive and the box just pops up again. I have even tried setting up a new account with new information and it still won't allow me to receive. Any ideas out there. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password fai...

Fixed Asset Transfer
Hi We need to transfer fixed assets from one class id to another. This also includes of course the appropiate change in the associated gl numbers. How is this to be done correctly? Others have done it in the past and the subledger number do not agree with the gl. Thanks Paul ...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

I have a problem using MS Office wirelessly
We should have enough licenses for the macs, but when one group tries to get on it says something to the affect that there are two many Microsoft products open on the network and it won't open anything. Could this be an issue with the apple base station, or am I going to need to buy a few more licenses? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter. DukeTech <tech@dukeschool.org> wrote: > Could this be an issue with the apple base station, or am I going to > need to buy a few more licenses? It lokos like a license issue to me. Regular license allow you to run Office on *e...