Recurring Deposits Help

I have a recurring deposit of a paycheck that will be a certain amount for
the next 3 months, until the end of the year.  Next year, 2005, since my
paycheck will be a different amount, I entered another recurring deposit to
start from January 2005 for a monthly frequency.

Here is the problem:

When I go into the Budget feature in Money 2004, the income section shows
two income streams.  One for the current recurring deposit until the end of
2004 and the other one I set to start in January 2005 which throws off the
income amount that I have to spend.  It says that I have way more income than
I have.

How thought about just waiting until after 2004 to enter the new paycheck
amount but that defeats the forecasting feature of Money 2004.  I want to be
able to forecast future money streams and expenses.  How do I enter these
differing paycheck amounts in the Bills and Deposits area and how do I "tell"
Money that I don't want two paychecks and to start the new paycheck amount in
2005?

Thank you very much!

- Lawrence
0
Lawrence (25)
10/18/2004 7:19:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Money assumes paychecks are perpetual. Nothing you can do will change that.
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a recurring deposit of a paycheck that will be a certain amount for
> the next 3 months, until the end of the year.  Next year, 2005, since my
> paycheck will be a different amount, I entered another recurring deposit
> start from January 2005 for a monthly frequency.
>
> Here is the problem:
>
> When I go into the Budget feature in Money 2004, the income section shows
> two income streams.  One for the current recurring deposit until the end
> of
> 2004 and the other one I set to start in January 2005 which throws off the
> income amount that I have to spend.  It says that I have way more income
> than
> I have.
>
> How thought about just waiting until after 2004 to enter the new paycheck
> amount but that defeats the forecasting feature of Money 2004.  I want to
> be
> able to forecast future money streams and expenses.  How do I enter these
> differing paycheck amounts in the Bills and Deposits area and how do I
> "tell"
> Money that I don't want two paychecks and to start the new paycheck amount
> in
> 2005?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> - Lawrence

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/19/2004 1:21:10 AM
BP ignores start and end dates for all recurring scheduled items. M05 could
have fixed this. Instead it added nothing but flash and trash.

The way I deal with these cases is add a "delta" scheduled transaction that
starts as necessary. The "delta" is just the differences from the existing
scheduled item (a little more wages, a little more taxes). This gives good
cash flow predictions and doesn't mung the BP. When you get to the effective
date of the new one, delete the delta transaction and modify the currently
scheduled one.

"Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a recurring deposit of a paycheck that will be a certain amount for
> the next 3 months, until the end of the year.  Next year, 2005, since my
> paycheck will be a different amount, I entered another recurring deposit
> start from January 2005 for a monthly frequency.
>
> Here is the problem:
>
> When I go into the Budget feature in Money 2004, the income section shows
> two income streams.  One for the current recurring deposit until the end
> of
> 2004 and the other one I set to start in January 2005 which throws off the
> income amount that I have to spend.  It says that I have way more income
> than
> I have.
>
> How thought about just waiting until after 2004 to enter the new paycheck
> amount but that defeats the forecasting feature of Money 2004.  I want to
> be
> able to forecast future money streams and expenses.  How do I enter these
> differing paycheck amounts in the Bills and Deposits area and how do I
> "tell"
> Money that I don't want two paychecks and to start the new paycheck amount
> in
> 2005?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> - Lawrence

Dick,

Thank you for your response.  I am not clear what you mean by a "Delta"
scheduled transaction.  The way I had it was one scheduled recurring
transaction that will recur for 3 mos. - October through December 2004.  I
also set another recurring transaction to happen starting January 2004 which
will happen every month until the end of 2005.  The recurring transactions
that I set in 2005 are different due to me getting a paycheck raise.  As you
know, when I go to the Budget planner the Income sections will show two
streams of income - one for each scheduled deposit even though the 2005
hasn't come due yet.

I don't clearly understand what you mean by creating a delta transaction
because any additional deposit transaction that I schedule will show up in
budget planner as two income streams.  Could you be so kind as to clarify
this a little more?

Many thanks!

- Lawrence

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> The way I deal with these cases is add a "delta" scheduled transaction that
> starts as necessary. The "delta" is just the differences from the existing
> scheduled item (a little more wages, a little more taxes). This gives good
> cash flow predictions and doesn't mung the BP. When you get to the effective
> date of the new one, delete the delta transaction and modify the currently
> scheduled one.
>
> "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a recurring deposit of a paycheck that will be a certain amount for
> > the next 3 months, until the end of the year.  Next year, 2005, since my
> > paycheck will be a different amount, I entered another recurring deposit
> > start from January 2005 for a monthly frequency.
> >
> > Here is the problem:
> >
> > When I go into the Budget feature in Money 2004, the income section shows
> > two income streams.  One for the current recurring deposit until the end
> > of
> > 2004 and the other one I set to start in January 2005 which throws off the
> > income amount that I have to spend.  It says that I have way more income
> > than
> > I have.
> >
> > How thought about just waiting until after 2004 to enter the new paycheck
> > amount but that defeats the forecasting feature of Money 2004.  I want to
> > be
> > able to forecast future money streams and expenses.  How do I enter these
> > differing paycheck amounts in the Bills and Deposits area and how do I
> > "tell"
> > Money that I don't want two paychecks and to start the new paycheck amount
> > in
> > 2005?
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > - Lawrence

0
Lawrence (25)
10/19/2004 10:25:10 PM
Sure.

Delta is engineering/scientific talk for difference. Let's say I've got a
$1000 gross with a $100 withholding scheduled from now until forever. I
expect a 10% raise in January. (In my dreams.) So, I schedule a transaction,
starting in January, for $100 gross and with, say, $26 of additional
withholding (and on and on for all of the entries). The $100 and the $26 are
the difference, or the delta, between what's already scheduled and what I
anticipate starting in January. This won't stop BP from thinking my income
is $1100 per period (the $1000 plus the $100 delta) from not until forever
(ignoring the January start date) but it will get the cash flow forecasts
right. There is no way to cure BP. It just ignores the dates. This is lame.
They should fix it. I've told 'em. They don't care.

> Thank you for your response.  I am not clear what you mean by a "Delta"
> scheduled transaction.  The way I had it was one scheduled recurring
> transaction that will recur for 3 mos. - October through December 2004.  I
> also set another recurring transaction to happen starting January 2004
> which
> will happen every month until the end of 2005.  The recurring transactions
> that I set in 2005 are different due to me getting a paycheck raise.  As
> you
> know, when I go to the Budget planner the Income sections will show two
> streams of income - one for each scheduled deposit even though the 2005
> hasn't come due yet.
>
> I don't clearly understand what you mean by creating a delta transaction
> because any additional deposit transaction that I schedule will show up in
> budget planner as two income streams.  Could you be so kind as to clarify
> this a little more?

Dick,

Sorry so late for my reply.  Thank you for the information.  I understand
now.

Do you know if Quicken resolves this issue?  Do you think that they produce
a better product in regard to this issue?  I'lll switch if Quicken is a
better product overall.

Thank you again!

- Lawrence
message news:OjtxQ$itEHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Sure.
>
> Delta is engineering/scientific talk for difference. Let's say I've got a
> $1000 gross with a $100 withholding scheduled from now until forever. I
> expect a 10% raise in January. (In my dreams.) So, I schedule a
> transaction, starting in January, for $100 gross and with, say, $26 of
> additional withholding (and on and on for all of the entries). The $100
> and the $26 are the difference, or the delta, between what's already
> scheduled and what I anticipate starting in January. This won't stop BP
> from thinking my income is $1100 per period (the $1000 plus the $100
> delta) from not until forever (ignoring the January start date) but it
> will get the cash flow forecasts right. There is no way to cure BP. It
> just ignores the dates. This is lame. They should fix it. I've told 'em.
> They don't care.
>
> "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you for your response.  I am not clear what you mean by a "Delta"
>> scheduled transaction.  The way I had it was one scheduled recurring
>> transaction that will recur for 3 mos. - October through December 2004.
>> also set another recurring transaction to happen starting January 2004
>> which
>> will happen every month until the end of 2005.  The recurring
>> transactions
>> that I set in 2005 are different due to me getting a paycheck raise.  As
>> you
>> know, when I go to the Budget planner the Income sections will show two
>> streams of income - one for each scheduled deposit even though the 2005
>> hasn't come due yet.
>>
>> I don't clearly understand what you mean by creating a delta transaction
>> because any additional deposit transaction that I schedule will show up
>> in
>> budget planner as two income streams.  Could you be so kind as to clarify
>> this a little more?

I have no recent Quicken experience with which to judge how they'd handle a
case like this. Based on all of the reports and what little I have played
with various versions of Quicken over the years (when a new one has come
bundled on a machine I've been playing with primarily) I don't think it's a
better overall product than Money through 2004. My negative reaction to M05
is documented at http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm. I can't say if Quicken
2005 is going in a better direction, but I despise the direction Money
appears to be going in.

One other issue I should point out for the archives and for the sake of the
rant: if you are trying to use the technique I described for a case where
the deltas add up to a "negative" paycheck, Money02 through 05 will not
allow is. It insists a scheduled paycheck must be positive, even though you
can enter a negative one in the register with no such restriction. Examples
of why I wanted to schedule two negative paychecks for next year: my
benefits costs increase the first of next year--some before tax, some after.
To forecast the net cash flow impact, I wanted to schedule one of these
"delta" transactions. My wife is going to increase her 401k contribution to
max out the new allowance for 2005. This has tax impacts. To forecast the
net cash flow impact, I wanted to schedule one of these "delta"
transactions. In both cases, Money was smarter than me and refused to
cooperate. It said that a negative paycheck was "invalid". Invalid, my eye.
And it's not invalid if you enter it in the register, either. The
workaround? Tell it to leave unassigned the difference between the negative
total of the splits an the positive value of the paycheck that it insists
on. Then schedule a bill for twice the "delta" amount with no category. Cash
flow will work out. When you get to the point where you can edit the real
series to account for these things, you delete both of these "wedge"
transactions.

Wish list item: Every transaction that can be entered need to be able to be
scheduled. It's inexcusable that this is still not the case.

"Lawrence Smith" <LawrenceSmith97@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dick,
>
> Sorry so late for my reply.  Thank you for the information.  I understand
> now.
>
> Do you know if Quicken resolves this issue?  Do you think that they
> produce a better product in regard to this issue?  I'lll switch if Quicken
> is a better product overall.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> - Lawrence

help #47
help ...

CHTMLView help needed #3
I am trying to get CHTMLView to render HTML content loaded from a memory source instead of a file. The HTML I am trying is very simple and presumably I could use put_innerHTML. However I can't get it to work. I heard of a trick to use LoadFromResource on a small dummy html file in your resource so that GetHtmlDocument() will be set. That advice seemed to be true otherwise GetHtmlDocument() will return NULL if the browser hasn't been navigated to any URL yet. However get_body seems to always return NULL regardless (yes the html doc I used had body tags and even some content inside ...

help with LNK2005 error
Hi all, I'm currently working on a project in MFC, which uses a custom C++ class to communicate with another app using ATL. The class header looks something like this: // --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- // MyClass.h //// Include the ATL headers needed: #define _ATL_ATTRIBUTES 1 #include <atlbase.h> #include <atlcom.h> #include <atlwin.h> #pragma once #import "APP.exe" tlbid(1), named_guids, embedded_idl using namespace AppLib; // Event receiving [ module(name="AppEvents&qu...

importing bills/deposits calandar from Money 99 into Money 2004
For unknown reason, the conversion from 99 to 2004 Deluxe didn't go without a glich and I am importing data. Can do this for accounts and portfolios, but need help on importing the "scheduled" bills and deposits, without keying in each one separtately. Appreciate any help on this. In microsoft.public.money, bobs wrote: >For unknown reason, the conversion from 99 to 2004 Deluxe >didn't go without a glich and I am importing data. Can do >this for accounts and portfolios, but need help on >importing the "scheduled" bills and deposits, without &...

NotInList Help
This Code gives the last remark by date for Category, Is it possible to alter this so is to give all remarks by category chosen in the last 60 days. The date field is dtDate in tblRemarks.....Thanks for any Help...............Bob Private Sub cbCategory_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Handler Dim recCategory As ADODB.Recordset Set recCategory = New ADODB.Recordset recCategory.Open "select * from tblCategory", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic recCategory.AddNew recCategory.Fields("Category") = NewData recCat...

Macro help
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to write a macro for a graph to change a point if the number falls below 80. Eg, if point a, b, c, d are at 79, 90, 78 & 60, the graphs will change the color of point a, c & d to a different color. This is a line graph with many points. Thanks in advance. Aloys -- Aloysicus I am a strong believer in writing brute force macros to make them work and then once they do, clean them up with option explicit and dim statements, etc. Here is a quick Brute force macro where you need to enter the details of the data set for the chart series of interest...

Simple Paste question- please help!
Sorry all i'm brand new to excel and these seems like it should be so simple :( my data looks like this in pdf file: J02NA J18BD J1GXX J2E4E J2KDI J2KEO J2T7V J2T9W J2T9Y J2V3X BUT WHEN I COPY AND PASTE INTO EXCEL IT LOOKS LIKE THIS (4 rows): J02NA J18BD J1GXX J2E4E J2KDI J2KEO J2T7V J2T9W J2T9Y J2V3X how do i paste my data correctly or what next steps can i do so the data pasted looks the same in excel aka 10 rows in 1 column?? I really appreciate who ever takes the time to answer this. it will help alot! Happy Easter/ Passover etc :) Thank you in advance -- CXIV CXIV;...

Money 98
I have Money 98 on my PC, I don't know what I've done but now when I click to start Money I get a screen which assumes I a newcomer and asks me the account details. The data is still on the PC but I can't access it (I don't think the back-up is working properly or at least I can't get the correct file) What I need is my data back and the name of the file to back-up? Can someone help me please? Using My Computer or Windows Explorer navigate to where your .mny file is stored. Double click on the file name and that will start Money and open that file. B...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

i want to plot a frequency spectrum.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to plot a frequency spectrum chart. The problem is that the frequency is not a specific number its a range like 5.0051MHz to 5.0689Mhz has power of 10mWatt . how can it be done Not too sure I understand the problem. You must make an XY chart not a Line chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Salman" <Salman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC271F42-0BFB-4229-8A54-302C9423212C@microsoft.com... >I have to plot a frequency spectrum chart. The problem is that the >frequenc...

help help remote login
i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i don't know how to get in to do simple things like delete the bad mail folder ect.. or access simple files. if some one could guide me the right way or help it would be muc appriciated. thanks tony Have you considered remote desktop? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E47D75F-8825-4766-A4B1-49573815A158@microsoft.com... >i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i > don't know how to get in to do simple things like dele...

Recurring Billing
Looking for suggestions/ideas or 3rd party applications that would provide recurring billing functionality for Invoicing or SOP in Great Plains Standard similar to the functionality found in Receivables Transactions Nolan Computers has such a product: Advanced SOP with Recurring Invoices http://www.nolancomputers.com/greatplains/asop.aspx "Michael Bloom" <MichaelBloom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE694EB9-17BD-45FD-87A1-25AA4AF0E1B2@microsoft.com... > Looking for suggestions/ideas or 3rd party applications that would provide > recurring bill...

Transfer being duplicated as deposit
Hi, I have an annoying persistent problem. I have a monthly standing order set up at my bank to transfer some money from my current account to a deposit account. I replicated the transfer within money as a bill (which is just set up as a transfer) so that my register gets updated each month. However, when I hook up to my bank and download my recent transactions Money sees the payment into the deposit account as a separate deposit and I can't see a way to link it to the transfer which by now is already in the register. I've tried marking the existing transfer as reconciled, and deletin...

recurring invoice
Is there a way to set up a recurring invoice in Money 2004 small business version. I am trying to setup a yearly invoice for my customers Thanks ...

Please help me!
Like an idiot, I followed my husband's advice and signed into MSN Messenger through ebuddy.com. I didn't like it, and now I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It shows the link on Messenger while I'm signed out. Such a pest! Can you help me? I can't find any answers through Googling it. ...

Problem with recurring deposit
Hi, I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, the amount is entered as an estimate. Money 04 never recognizes each subsequent downloaded deposit as being the recurring deposit, even though the name (ie "Hospital OPay") is the same, and the dates match exactly. Any ideas? Thanks... In microsoft.public.money, Lee Miller wrote: > >I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the >every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, th...

Recurring message
I am getting a message that is recurring every 5 minutes and have been told my email is corrupted - how can I correct it so that Outlook realizes it has been retrieved already? I would try using the "/CleanReminders" switch. It Cleans and regenerates reminders. OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches This article was previously published under Q197180 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;197180& -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "John r" <jpassero@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:061101c350ae$f5b35c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... I am getting...

Help! Excel to HTML needs Refresh?
Original calendar created in Excel2002 was converted to HTML and is posted at: http://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/calendar/WebCalendar.htm When first viewed in IE6, the page is rendered with additional blank rows but will be formated correctly if you force a refresh. This this may be system resource dependant?? Seems to be rendered correctly in Netscape6. Is there a solution for this??? or can I enter a forced refresh in the HTML to correct the initial viewing? Or should I just trash this and go with the .pdf version at http://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/calendar/PrintCalendar.pdf - (t...

Please HElp.
I am using excel as a magazine order data base. I would like to place all the rows in alphabetical order base on collumm A, the first collumm. I am using excel 2000. I know how to do this using Excel 2003, so i dont know what the difference should be? SO far if i click on the first cell or row number and hit the ascending button it will put collumm A in alphabetical order. But ,I need all the other collumms to follow with the collumm A. Thanks for any help .-- Gonzo~ Gonzo, Nearly there...just make sure you select ALL of your data before sorting into alphabetical order (i.e. selec...

Word and Publisher file exchange
I know there is a word file import function in publisher; however, when you do this there are two problems which I have been unable to figure out. First, if you import Word file text and then attempt to save the file you've created, it will only save as a Publisher file. So, if you wanted to send this file using the nice formats of Publisher as a Word file, you cannot? Most people use Word, but not Publisher. Second, if you use the Letterhead creation function within Publisher, and you like to format you've created and save it, I have not been able to figure out how to export...

Up to $500.00 Deposit Bonus at PokerChamps.com
https://secure.pokerchamps.com/pokerpublic/arequest?acode=ABBAVGIT For a limited time only PokerChamps is offering a 100% Deposit Bonus up to $500 for new as well as existing players. The bonus is paid on top of our existing Friday payout bonus, which makes this offer even more striking. Be sure to make your next or first deposit within the next 14 days and get the full benefit of the bonus offer. PokerChamps also offers FreeRoll tournaments every 30. minutes! They have had other bonus offers in the past, but never anything close to 100% of your deposit. Now is the time to progress fro...

Help Migrating
I can please use some help and suggestions for moving exchange to a new domain. This is the current configuration: I have 1 domain (D1) on a Win 2000 server running AD. D1 has only 1 other member computer also Win 2000 Server running IIS and Exchange 5.5. The other Domain (D2) is a NT4 server that has all users workstations(~30) and a Win2000 SQL server. D1 and D2 have a trust relationship. The service account that runs Exchange is the Administrator for D1. Current emergency is that the machine running D1 is failing. We would like to move everything to a new Win2003 server and seperate Exch...

Is it possible to have recurring events in a Publisher calendar?
I am creating a calendar in Publisher- Is it possible to have recurring events each month in such a calendar; if not, is there another way to do this? Create a text box with the recurring event, copy/paste into each month. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "P Miles" <P Miles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13592B2C-4CF6-4A0B-A223-DCD917C23520@microsoft.com... >I am creating a calendar in Publisher- Is it possible to have recurring > events each month in such a calendar; if not, is there another way to do this? ...

HELP Workflows accessing queues
Hi, I need to create a workflow that will task the owner of a queue when that queue receives a email, and also auto respond to the sender. I am stumped, Please will someone enlighten me. Regards Jefferson Ok, Got it thus far, In the Workflow Manager, I created a workflow that fires on the create Event, Using a If statement. If Email.Direction = Incoming Email.From = Queue Name Then Email.to = sender Task.assign = owner End-If The only problem I know have is to check if the Task assigned is still open after 24 Hours and escalate it... But I can only seem to do checking on Ema...

Need help with pdf file
I want to insert a pdf file into a Publisher project I'm working on. Is there any (or easy) way to do this? Is this project for a print or web project? "Cat Enns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d901c420ee$90a36870$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I want to insert a pdf file into a Publisher project I'm > working on. Is there any (or easy) way to do this? In news:170d901c420ee$90a36870$a001280a@phx.gbl, Cat Enns <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > I want to insert a pdf file into a Publisher project I'm > wor...