recovery

had to recover my OS. No files were lost, and Money files
were backed up to HD by default, but when I ask to restore
from backup, no accounts show up. Help!!
0
icoczar (1)
7/5/2004 1:14:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, <icoczar@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>had to recover my OS. No files were lost, and Money files
>were backed up to HD by default, but when I ask to restore
>from backup, no accounts show up. Help!!

If no files were lost, use your latest *.mny file rather than a
*.mbf.

I wonder what the date and size are on the backup where no accounts
show up. I worry that it is a really old backup that predated your
setting up your accounts. I hope your attempted recover into your
"default" name did not overwrite your good Money file.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Can't restore from Recovery Storage Group via Sys Manager or Exmerge.exe
I have successfully restored my old servers store to a recovery storage group, and see the users and the number of items etc. If I try to restore one to the new info store on the rebuilt server I get an error that it failed and the following in the report: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Recover Mailbox Data" dcName="MBSERVER01" buildNumber="7638" runningAs="Administrator@mynet.NET"> <timespan startTime="2006-07-23 02:40:03.484" milliseconds="172" /> - <...

Recovery #4
Hope someone can help me, I have the problem I think that article KB889528 will fix, but after reading it I have Event ID 217 did you call for the hotfix? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ECB53B-3B7D-4BB2-A138-87ECC840687A@microsoft.com... > Hope someone can help me, I have the problem I think that article KB889528 > will fix, but after reading it I have Event ID 217 Yes I did buy I have not yet applied it and I was wondering 2 things 1 If I should do an offline back up first? 2 If I should skip the hotfix a...

Restore to Recovery Storage Group Failed
I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup. I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per kb824126, the restore fails right away. It says it's restoring to the first storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group? Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't mention? you added the store you want to restore to the RSG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

How do I setup a recovery server and do the recovery?
How do I setup he recovery server? I have a spare 2003 server box, do I just put exchange server on to that and restore the database file into the mdsdata directory and then run integrity tools? Does it have to be the same organization or can it be a stand alone server. Thanks. Are you trying to rebuild a server to get it back online? Or are you trying to restore a database to get some data out of it. If you are trying to restore a database, try restoring to a recovery storage group. If you are just doing test restorations or testing D/R procedures, you do NOT want to put the...

SBS 2003 disaster recovery: advice?
Until today our SBS 2003 from Dell has been working perfectly. Now I'm looking at a screen that says: *** Hardware malfunction Call your hardware vendor for support *** The system was halted *** (no kidding) I have the CDs that came with the machine. Before I start plugging them in at random and rebooting I thought I'd ask for some advice. (My wife will be so proud of me ...) TIA. - Tony Lima -- Tony Lima Associates Los Altos, CA, USA 650-243-1286 Hi Tony, Maybe a little troubleshooting... Hardware Malfunction Results in System Error Message http://su...

OST recovery
I took on a client whose SBS 2003 network went down due to a server disk problem, Active Directory was not recovered, and a new domain name was used. As a result, the PC was removed from the old domain, then joined to the new domain, resulting in a different user profile on the PC (was Mary, now is Mary.001). There is no Exchange server running, she just used Outlook on her PC for the calendar. Is there a way to recover the calendar information in the OST file? If she's been joined to a new domain, not without buying a third-party = tool.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Recovery server #4
Hi, I am setting up a recovery server to restore an online backup of the info store of an Exchange 2003 server. I can not use the recovery storage group as it is a snapshot backup and not supported by Symantec. I know that the log file path does not matter but does the database path matter? I have done this restore to a recovery server in earlier versions of exchange without issue. The only diffenences in this case is that 1- I am restoring from a snapshot backup 2- I got lazy and recreated the recovery server with only a C: and the production server has the exchange databases on ...

recovery
hi folks, backup and recovery is driving me nuts and i need your help very badly. i am running win 2003 srvr enterprise with exchange 2003 enterprise. i have backed up my information store/first storage group/mailboxstore & public store i am using ntbackup that comes with 2003 server i did a normal backup then a differntial backup both were a success now when i try to restore i get a restore failed message i dismount the stores and set each store with database can be overwritten when restored... i have tried to restore over 30 times and always get a failure message...i get these ...

Document recovery loop in Word 2007
My computer restarted in the middle of the night, and I had left and unsaved word document open. When I rebooted my computer and tried to open a document in Word 2007, it pulls up the document recovery bar on the left and freezes. I have tried re-starting in safe mode, uninstalling and reinstalling Word 2007, etc. Each time, the result is the same. I don't know how to get rid of the document recovery loop. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. generally, if a pc crashes in the middle of reading or writing to the registry or a file, then a chkdsk might help to ...

Recovery
I have recovered over 1000 excel and word files from a disk I formatted by mistake, now I have to go through each one to see if I want to keep it or delete it and to rename each file, is there a way I can view each file by the press of a button instead of opening them one by one? Thanks Clayton Code could be written to iterate a folder but the simplest way would be to select say files 1-20 and right click and select 'Open' from windows explorer. Excel would open with those 20 files, you could view, save as and then delete any you didn't want. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP...

Recovery #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5CFE0.EA155E20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 Anyone know of a good article on how to restore active directory to a = different hardware platform. Ben ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5CFE0.EA155E20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type conten...

DPM 2010 RC End User Recovery for client systems
Hallo, Mobile Client Backup works fine with DPM2010RC. But the the recovery option "previous versions" in windows explorer is not available on any windows xp SP3 systems; is there a new timewarp client version neccessary? On Windows 7 client alls restore points are useable through "previous versions". --------- is there an client option to prevent the start of backup through VPN/slow network connections, so that the user can decide, when to backup? Kind Regards! Raffael Hi Raffael, Thanks for testing mobile client backups. XP don't support...

recovery
had to recover my OS. No files were lost, and Money files were backed up to HD by default, but when I ask to restore from backup, no accounts show up. Help!! In microsoft.public.money, <icoczar@bellsouth.net> wrote: >had to recover my OS. No files were lost, and Money files >were backed up to HD by default, but when I ask to restore >from backup, no accounts show up. Help!! If no files were lost, use your latest *.mny file rather than a *.mbf. I wonder what the date and size are on the backup where no accounts show up. I worry that it is a really old backup that predate...

PST Password Recovery #3
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore On Apr 4, 3:53 am, "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.n...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All , > > How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. > > If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. > > Kishore www.elcomsoft.com ...

Recovery storage group and store recovery
Hi, Been reading KB824126 and some other articles on store recovery, and was wondering if the following is possible and if anyone has done it : Can a Recovery Storage group be used to restore a Store from a different server in the same admin group... Situation, Exchange 2003 SP2 Cluster functioning perfectly, but there is an Exchange 2000 SP3 server in the same admin group with Stores that are corrupted and need to be restored... Can we use the dail-Tone procedure for Exchange 2000 and start new stores, and then restore the data from backup to the Exchange 2003 Server's storage g...

Folder recovery problems
Today, I tried to recover a Windows Mail folder containing at least one message that I lost months ago. Ran into assorted problems: 1. The backup and restore center makes it rather difficult to recover anything so old that the backups catalog has been corrupted and erased a few times since that item was stored a backup. I finally got around this by telling it I needed to restore something put into a backup for another computer, instead of the same computer where I was trying to restore it. 2. The recovered files needed to go into a different folder from the original locati...

SBS03 Companyweb disaster recovery to new domain
Hi, I have a SBS 2003 server on which the C drive has become corrupted and the server has crashed. I have rebuilt the server from scratch but with a new name and new domain. Is there anyway that I can restore the old companyweb data to the new SBS server after changing the name and domain? All information I have found seems to indicate that I cannot. Thanks in advance. Cameraella Well the data can be recovered http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829112 however IMO it depends on how much customizing you have done? and your Backup of the site not just data? Russ -- Russell...

System Recovery
I was in the middle of cleaning and reinstalling windows 98 on my computer, then the computer was shut down. Now when I try to go and do over again it just tells me missing operating system. it won't let me type anything, restart the process, or do anything. It is just a black screen and just says missing operating system. What do I do?! On 01/22/2010 11:29 AM, zenchild wrote: > I was in the middle of cleaning and reinstalling windows 98 on my computer, > then the computer was shut down. Now when I try to go and do over again it > just tells me missing operatin...

File recovery #6
How do I recover a file I accidentally closed without saving? diesel, If you never saved it, and have closed it, it doesn't exist anywhere. Sorry. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "diesel" <diesel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:578E8914-E0BC-421D-BF8C-501EF6730573@microsoft.com... > How do I recover a file I accidentally closed without saving? ...

after recovery
I have recovered the database of exchange 2003. It's update until 2 weeks ago. Fortunately all the clients PC have all the recently mails yet (not in the EX2003 database). How can I sincronize all the clients to put this emails in the EX2003 database? 1.in client export they mailbox to PST file 2.Using Exmerge import PST file to your exchange server -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Marco Melluso" <marco.melluso@uniprof.net> ���g��l��s�D :OKVLgr1xEHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have recovered the database of exchange 2003. > It's update until 2 weeks ago. > Fortun...

Folders/e-mails files recovery
I foolishly deleted my Outlook Express 6 identity. A warning popup said the identity would not be recoverable, but said the associated data files would not be deleted. It didn't mention the files could not be accessed. I tried reestablishing the same identity, but the software assigns a unique new identity code. Does anyone know how I can recover/access my in-limbo OLE data files (e-mails, contacts, etc.)? hi there, did you managed to recover back now? >-----Original Message----- >I foolishly deleted my Outlook Express 6 identity. A >warning popup said the identity ...

Recovery options
I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edtion. I need to recover some lost email (that was not deleted but has disappeared for some reason unknown) Does the Enterprise edtion give me any addtional recovery options that standard does not have? If not what are my options? "Deleted items retention" is available in both versions...do you have it configured? are you still within the window? if so, you should be able to recover the missing items via Outlook... "Andrew" <andrewr@nitro.ca> wrote in message news:#4zBNWIiFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have Exchang...

recovery
I mistakenly said no when I should have said yes to "do you want to save changes". I worked all night on a newsletter, is there anyway to retrive my unsaved changes. Thanks, I sure hope I can. I doubt it... You might lucky and Publisher created a temp file. Type %temp% in the address bar of Windows Explorer. Find any temporary file with the prefix pub. Change the .tmp to .pub and try opening the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "granda" <granda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4434505C-2ADC-48E4-B44C-20FBB3920B1E@microsoft.com... ...

5.5 Disaster Recovery
After building a new 5.5 server, I restored both Directory Service and IS from backup. New server has same hostname, Exchange org and Exchange site names. However, other than system attendant, none of the Exchange services can start. Any ideas? PCKC wrote: > After building a new 5.5 server, I restored both Directory Service and IS > from backup. New server has same hostname, Exchange org and Exchange site > names. However, other than system attendant, none of the Exchange services > can start. Any ideas? Any event log Errors? On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:50:02 -0700, PCKC <...

Recovery Model
Are there any issues running Great Plains 7.5 SQL 2000 DB in Full Recovery Model ...