recovering deleted files

Is there anyway to recover files that were REPLACED
during a restore backup.  Windows 95 OS running Microsoft
Money 97.  Please help someone.  Tried everything I know
to do and my friend is frantic!!  Thanks a lot.  Lesa
0
lesaclark (1)
4/20/2004 12:58:43 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Which file are you trying to restore? If it's a .MNY file, then Windows
wouldn;t replace this as there are no .MNY files in Windows that would
overwrite it. You've done a search of the system for this Money file?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Lesa Clark" <lesaclark@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to recover files that were REPLACED
> during a restore backup.  Windows 95 OS running Microsoft
> Money 97.  Please help someone.  Tried everything I know
> to do and my friend is frantic!!  Thanks a lot.  Lesa

0
glyn1 (1533)

deleting info within a cell
I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do you efficently do this through out a data set. (example 344'6s = 3446 in cell only) -- jkc Find ' and replace with blank, then again with the s jkc wrote: > I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do > you efficently do this through out a data set. (example 344'6s = 3446 in > cell only) Hi, do you always have ' and s in your data if yes highlight the data, press CTRL H find what enter ', then in replace with don't enter...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

HELP!!! Deleting all transactions
I get an error when I try to "delete all transactions" from the "Store" then "Database" menu. the error says "Could not truncate table "VitalAuthorization" becase table does not exist in database." If it's RMS, the table name is VisaNetAuthorizaion, not VitalAuthorization. <jjames@rmegroup.net> wrote in message news:1172177341.668792.19840@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I get an error when I try to "delete all transactions" from the > "Store" then "Database" menu. the error says "Could ...

File Locked for Editting.
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Justin One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *....

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

Cannot delete Sent Items #2
I can't delete some of the older files from my Sent Items folder. Basically everything dated 12/7/2004 and earlier will not delete. I get an error message that says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I've restarted and still get the same error. I even restarted the computer as well. Anybody got any ideas? thanks, Richard Are you able to right-click on an individual email and delete it? Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode and then deleting the sent items: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howt...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox
I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can' delete it -- PhoenixVP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187101402 PhoenixVPC, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500: > I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't > delete it. Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your system. Delete it an restart OE. Best Regards Christian Goeller -...

publisher files treated as suspicious in OE
Hi, My freind uses Publisher a lot for the village magazine. He also uses OE as his mail prog and Panda AV 2006. Ever Since he installed Panda 2006 he has not been able to send or receive Publisher files/docs as attachments as the AV prog treats them as suspicious and deletes them. Where lies the problem? Is it with OE? or the AV prog? Or is it a case of creating an exception in MS firewall settings. Many thanks in advance On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:22:47 +0000, T5 wrote (in article <##VyoAEPGHA.208@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>): > Hi, > My freind uses Publisher a lot for the villa...

Excel Freezes when opening file
I am using Win98SE and Excel97 on a 1 GHz machine with 128MG of memory. I am having a problem that I have not had in the past. Recently if I double click on an Excel file the program opens but the file does not load and then the whole computer freezes. I can't even use Alt-Ctrl-Del to close Excel and must turn the computer off and start it again.. However..If I open Excel first and then open the file everything works fine. However once the Excel file is displayed in Excel if I try to close Excel (using the "x' key) without first closing the file the computer freezes as above....

Hiding Dbase 111 Records Marked for Deletion
I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? I would add a field for Archive - Yes/No. Bring the data in separately and those marked as 'Delete' set the Archive to Yes. In your queries use criteria on the Archive field. -- Build a little, test a little. "nevw" wrote: > I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. > Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? > ...

Deleting a transaction in Admin
Can someone tell me how to delete a transaction in the admin. Here's the story, employee helped a customer with a return and ended up oweing the customer money. Our policy is to give the return on a gift card. the employee forgot to add a gift card item and just swiped the card on the tender screen. Since that didn't work she just gave the customer cash back. Now my x report says that we accepted funds for on a gift card and my cash is short that amount. I would like to just delete the whole transaction and redo as if I was giving the customer cash back so all my numbers a...

Outlook Rules doesn't allow deletion.
Outlook Rule that I ask to permanently delete a message before I even view it says I don't have appropriate permissions to perform the task. I am the only user and am listed as administrator. I'm sure you've seen this before and I think I had it corrected .... once .... before I had to do a full factory recovery in past months. Would you be kind if you know the answer and direct me? Thanks a gazillion! XP Outlook 2003 on Toshiba Laptop using Student and Teacher Edition. Thanks, jack -- -- Jack da Shack ...

Excel
I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. Any suggestions. Instead of hiding the unwanted rows, filter to show ONLY those rows. Then select and delete the visible rows. "rook" wrote: > I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom > filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. > > Any suggestions. You need to choose a filter option which displays only the unwanted rows (i.e. the oppos...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Opening multiple files separately
When opening multiple excel files they used to all open in separate versions of Excel which was great because then I could easily Alt-Tab between them. Now all of a sudden when ever I open new excel files by double clicking the name they open in the same Excel program but as a separate window. This is a real pain because it's hard to cycle through them and they keep minimizing whenever I maximize another one. I haven't changed any settings that I know of, is there a way to get each file to open separately again? -- pjyelton -------------------------------------------------------...

O/L 2007 deleting valid e-mails
"all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending inward emails apparently at random to 'Deleted' rather than Inbox. In some cases EVEN IF it's from a trusted address or if it's a reply to an e-mail I've sent. I can trace no pattern as to why it does so. Junk Mail filter works 100% correctly, however, and Junk ends up in the right place. Any cure?? Previous thread was inconclusive. TIA Phil Harrison nosirrah;114164 Wrote: > "all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending > inward ...

Permanently delete recycle bin give more free space to the server?
Hi, I hav a server running NT Server with Exchange 5.5, and set 3 days to delete permanently all Deleted Items Folders. The info. on Private IS shows deleted items has been deleted. Why the free space on the server has not increase? Can I get more free space on the server by deleting permanently Deleted Items Folders? Thank you in advance. Deleting items from the database increases the amount of free space in the database, but does not shrink the DB file. Do do that , you have to take the daatabase offline and run eseutil... See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchang...

convert 2002 Money file to 2008 Money file
I have a new Windows 7 computer and have moved my 2002 Money file from my old computer to My Documents on the new computer. I have downloaded a trial version of Money Essentials (2008) thinking I could convert my 2002 Money file to a 2008 Money file before converting the 2008 Money file to a Quicken file. However, when I try to open my 2002 Money file in Money Essentials I get the message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." I had understood that it should have been able to open the file. How do I convert my Money 2002 file to a...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...