Recording Administrative Fee on 401(k) in Money 2007

What is the appropriate way to record an administrative fee charged to
shares on a 401(k) in Money 2007 - an "Other Expense" doesn't allow for
a change in shares and faking out the software by entering a negative
"Reinvested Capital Gaines" doesn't work either.

Thanks,
Phil D.

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

I do a Sell to the Cash Account followed by an Expense
(Miscellaneous:Service Charges & Fees or similar) in the Cash Account.

I'm assuming you are not wanting to do the Sell. Why not?

In microsoft.public.money, Phil wrote:

>What is the appropriate way to record an administrative fee charged to
>shares on a 401(k) in Money 2007 - an "Other Expense" doesn't allow for
>a change in shares and faking out the software by entering a negative
>"Reinvested Capital Gaines" doesn't work either.

Enter two transactions: an expense entry into the cash transactions
register (if you have one), and a Sell to raise the cash to cover
the expense. Instead of the expense entry into the cash
transactions, you could do that "Other Expense" transactions into
the investment transactions. That way associates the expense with a
particular security.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/9/2007 8:34:04 PM
I don't follow what you are thinking of here.

I've occasionally wished I could Split a $0 "Sell Investment/CD" with an
expense transaction, but there is only the special "Buy Investment/CD", no
sell equivalent.

I can't pop M open here--is there an Investment Activity "Other Expense"?

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>I don't follow what you are thinking of here.
>
>I've occasionally wished I could Split a $0 "Sell Investment/CD" with an
>expense transaction, but there is only the special "Buy Investment/CD", no
>sell equivalent.
>
>I can't pop M open here--is there an Investment Activity "Other Expense"?

There is. It is associated with a given investment in analysis of
performance. I would use the cash expense myself-- especially if the
fee is a single fee, but the account holds more than one security. I
got to thinking about the people who choose to not track expenses,
and therefore have no cash account. I don't think that would apply
here, since the person was thinking about cash effects.

If I had such a fee would also remind myself to consider moving the
account to a rollover IRA if I separated from the company. The
economics of that can vary, but that seems to be more commonly a
good choice now that more employers are letting the account
administration and fees be funded from the employee's funds.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> you could do that "Other Expense" transactions into
>> the investment transactions. That way associates the expense with a
>> particular security.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/10/2007 1:47:44 AM
Some plans bathe you in fees regardless. And some of them are transparent
and others--most--of them are opaque. The plan providers have to be viewing
this $2 trillion in captive money as a hugely lucrative piggybank. (How the
plan sponsors consider that they are fulfilling their fiduciary duty
allowing this to go on is another question. Perhaps it's as opaque to them
as it is to the plan participants--whose money it is!) It's obscene and we
only know the tip of the iceberg. When I get traded this weekend, rollover
from the captive plan of my then former employer to my own IRA is Job #1.
It's the only good thing about getting traded.

> If I had such a fee would also remind myself to consider moving the
> account to a rollover IRA if I separated from the company. The
> economics of that can vary, but that seems to be more commonly a
> good choice now that more employers are letting the account
> administration and fees be funded from the employee's funds.

550 relaying to <MailAdress > prohibited by administrator
this error occurs when trying to answer an E-Mail Burkhard wrote: > this error occurs when trying to answer an E-Mail This is an error in configuration on the mail server you are sending mail to for onward transmission. Contact the people/organisation running the SMTP mail server you are using. -- rms test >-----Original Message----- >this error occurs when trying to answer an E-Mail >. > ...

Items to review (#) Aren't in Register, manual QFX download Money
I have read several post concerning an issue with Money 2006 and manually downloading the QFX file from a bank or credit card company. This seems to be a bug in the new version of the software. Accounts that are updated from within Money 2006 seem not to be effected. The problem is when I manually download a QFX file from my local bank (no its not just a citibank problem) on the accounts page I see "Transactions to be read: #". If I go to the account register page for that account, I see "Items to review: (#)". The bank balance at the top of the register is corr...

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Money 2005 Update...
Just got off the phone with tech support at MSFT after having download problems with my bank. They told me that they are updating all their servers, and that this is the reason for the problems with online banking. He didn't make any promises, but he did say that they were giving Monday as a target date for completion. Just thought everyone might like to know. Maybe hold on through the weekend and see what next week brings. Greg ...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Setting Money Up Properly
Hi All, trying to get my finances in order....been working to get Money 2006 Premium all set up. Am running into the following problem: When setting up our 1st and 2nd mortgages in the system, how do we get it so that Money allocates the appropriate amount to interest and the appropriate amount to premium? in particular, our 2nd mortgage is an interest-only loan for now...how do I set that up so that Money keeps the principal the same when it applies our interest only payment? tx In microsoft.public.money, Folksinger wrote: > > >in particular, our 2nd mortgage is an inter...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Need help with MS Money Plus
I know that MS Money is no longer being supported, but, until my system actually spits the app off the hard drive, I'll continue to use it. When I heard earlier this year that Money was discontinued, I purchased the last version of Money Plus. I am now attempting to archive 2 years' worth of data. I've created the earlier year archive, but, when I opened my primary Money file, all the earlier transactions were still there. All the other versions of Money removed the transactions from the primary file. What is going on and how do I get Money to remove those transactions? Also, ...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

Options help in Money 2004
I don't know why but my Options are showing the same exact dollar amount for Market Value and Gain. That can't be right as the price has to start at the strike price and the Gain would be anything above that strike price so it shouldn't match Market Value. I am tracking Vested stocks only, but not tracking via FIFO (although I changed it to FIFO to see if the price would change - it did not). Any ideas? ...

With Due Respect, 2007 .....
With due respect, 2007 did include many improvements.. Faster editing/formating, extended conditional formating, better wizards, etc.. Be aware that some of the formating may not be compatible with 2003 versions... I actually lost much formating from 2007 during save. So if you share worksheets/books, make sure they are compatible before saving if someone will be using older versions... Just a note.. -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980 View this thread: h...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

recover Lost Money File: Big Trouble!!
Hi, for some stupid reason i my money file. i tried to use file recovery tools to find it but ... i update money data to MSN Money so that i can view them from my msn (hotmail) account. is it possible to recover all my data from there? how? Please Help!! regards, rnv In microsoft.public.money, rnv wrote: >for some stupid reason i my money file. i tried to use file recovery tools >to find it but ... > >i update money data to MSN Money so that i can view them from my msn >(hotmail) account. is it possible to recover all my data from there? how? > I don't know how w...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

Money accounts on different computers
I have money 2004 on this computer with two seperate bank accounts being tracked. I have Money 2005 on my laptop and want to move the bank account from that computer to this one and have it show as another account with all the transactions. I have tried "import", I have tried creating a new account and then "import", as well as backup restore. All to no avail. I then tried two installations of Money 2005 and still can't do it. Can someone help? Thanks! 1) M04 and M05 cannot open the same Money data file. They are different formats. M05 can open and irreve...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Money 2006 #13
Has anyone else experienced the nightmare called Money 2006? I've had nothing but trouble since upgrading from 2004. My accounts still don't work right. Around May 19 or 20, all hell broke loose for the 2nd time as pointed out. Now, they don't update either. I guess I should go back to 2004! KYDog wrote: > Has anyone else experienced the nightmare called Money 2006? I've had > nothing but trouble since upgrading from 2004. My accounts still don't work > right. Around May 19 or 20, all hell broke loose for the 2nd time as pointed > out. Now, the...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

Upgraded from 2003 to 2007 and lost it all
Hi There, I had Outlook 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007 and I no longer have any of my folders, sub-folders, email, notes or anything except contact list & calendar. Is there a quick fix for this? Thanks Matt See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx "MattDaddy" <abbyandbelle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:680ab92e-ff0c-4a55-8263-afa05650f6bf@n2g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Hi There, > > I had Outlook 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007 and I no longer > have any of my folders, sub-folders, email, notes o...

wrong calculations in money 2004
how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)? money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000. i tried deleting and entering the portfolio entry 3 times but got the same wrong result, it wants to charge most of it to commision which it isnt and i didnt enter it as such. no typing errors either. i tried rebooting the program and the pc. nope! You entered 13 cents instead of dollars. Norm anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)? > money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000. > > i tried deleting and enteri...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...