Recording a payments for an invoice.

Hello All,

I would like to match a invoice payment with a bank deposit.

I Create and send the invoice.
When the invoice is paid I goto invoices and recieve the payment.
When I update my bank account the deposit appears.

I then try to match it to the "Recieved Payment" that already appears in my
account.
But I do not see the recieved payment in the selection for transactions I
can match too.

I then try to delete the inovice payment and manualy select the right
account (the customer account)
And then assign the payment to the catagory "Payment for Invoice". But I get
an error telling me I can not assign this transaction.

I then tried to delete the bank's downloaded transaction, recieve the
payment from the invoice section.
But the next time I update the banks transaction appears again, so now I
have two payments listed, one from the bank and one from the Invoice-recieve
payment.

How do you work with payments for invoices?

Thanks

0
Justin
9/5/2004 6:28:58 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

==================================
SYMPTOMS
You cannot match download transactions to invoice payments in any one of the
products that is listed in the "Applies To" section of this article.

CAUSE
This issue occurs because Microsoft Money does not support matching
downloaded transactions to invoice payments.

WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, create a new cash account in your Microsoft Money
file to receive invoice payments. Transfer the funds to the appropriate
account, and then match the downloaded transactions to the fund transfer.

MORE INFORMATION
To match transactions as described in the "Workaround" section, you must
configure Money to manually accept downloaded transactions. To do this,
follow these steps:

Start Money.
Click Tools, and then click Options.
Click Online Services.

In the Match transactions within a () day range box, type 30.
Click to clear the Automatically accept all downloaded transactions from
banking statements check box.

Click OK.

Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business
Microsoft Money 2003 Deluxe and Business
Microsoft Money Deluxe & Business 2002

Last Reviewed: 2/11/2004 (1.0)
"Justin Thyme" <jit at aol dot com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to match a invoice payment with a bank deposit.
>
> I Create and send the invoice.
> When the invoice is paid I goto invoices and recieve the payment.
> When I update my bank account the deposit appears.
>
> I then try to match it to the "Recieved Payment" that already appears in
> my account.
> But I do not see the recieved payment in the selection for transactions I
> can match too.
>
> I then try to delete the inovice payment and manualy select the right
> account (the customer account)
> And then assign the payment to the catagory "Payment for Invoice". But I
> get an error telling me I can not assign this transaction.
>
> I then tried to delete the bank's downloaded transaction, recieve the
> payment from the invoice section.
> But the next time I update the banks transaction appears again, so now I
> have two payments listed, one from the bank and one from the
> Invoice-recieve payment.
>
> How do you work with payments for invoices?
>
> Thanks

0
Justin
9/5/2004 6:47:13 PM
I also have a workaround which, although not a satisfactory method,
allows me to receive split payments. I sometimes receive multiple
payments on the same day and pay them in as a single payment. The
total amount is downloaded as a single transaction.

My workaround, is to post an adjustment equivalent to the total bank
payment, then I receive payments from the invoices.

This keeps my accounts correct but messes up the reports.

Has anybody heard whether Microsoft is going to fix this incredibly
annoying issue, because I am seriously thinking of switching to
Quicken. The only thing stopping me is the setup time and new learning
curve.

Does anyone know if Quicken has a Money 2004 conversion utility?
0
louisjr (1)
9/28/2004 12:51:40 AM
Robert wrote in <1644194e.0409271651.554d3488@posting.google.com>:

>I also have a workaround which, although not a satisfactory method,
>allows me to receive split payments. I sometimes receive multiple
>payments on the same day and pay them in as a single payment. The
>total amount is downloaded as a single transaction.
>
>My workaround, is to post an adjustment equivalent to the total bank
>payment, then I receive payments from the invoices.
>
>This keeps my accounts correct but messes up the reports.
>
>Has anybody heard whether Microsoft is going to fix this incredibly
>annoying issue, because I am seriously thinking of switching to
>Quicken. The only thing stopping me is the setup time and new learning
>curve.
>
>Does anyone know if Quicken has a Money 2004 conversion utility?

Yes, see Intuit's website and search on "Microsoft Money" or "data
converter".  I used it this weekend and it works with a few minor
limitations (no loans, for example).  It is not a brainless operation
but it does the job.  (The conversion utility works for all Money
versions 2003 and up, including 2005.)
0
info7138 (79)
9/28/2004 5:37:51 AM
Just discovering this limitation myself and I have to say I'm astounded that
such basic functionality for what must be a very common task is not
supported.  It's even more incredible since apparently this was possible in
earlier versions.

"Justin Thyme" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to match a invoice payment with a bank deposit.
>
> I Create and send the invoice.
> When the invoice is paid I goto invoices and recieve the payment.
> When I update my bank account the deposit appears.
>
> I then try to match it to the "Recieved Payment" that already appears in my
> account.
> But I do not see the recieved payment in the selection for transactions I
> can match too.
>
> I then try to delete the inovice payment and manualy select the right
> account (the customer account)
> And then assign the payment to the catagory "Payment for Invoice". But I get
> an error telling me I can not assign this transaction.
>
> I then tried to delete the bank's downloaded transaction, recieve the
> payment from the invoice section.
> But the next time I update the banks transaction appears again, so now I
> have two payments listed, one from the bank and one from the Invoice-recieve
> payment.
>
> How do you work with payments for invoices?
>
> Thanks

0
scott7693 (519)

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Goods Received Not Invoiced report
A Shipment return transaction was entered for a Shipment transaction entered earlier. But its showing in Goods received not invoiced report. Any ideas? This is a flaw in the returns processing in PO. The returns processing is the second weakest part of Dynamics GP Distribution, second to inventory physical counts. You might look at writing your own report. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Samit" wrote: > A Sh...

how do i remove lines from invoice
my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on one page. i entered the info but there are several lines between my last entry and the total. how do i remove the extra lines? Without knowing how the invoice was created or formatted and in which Word version it is impossible to say, but to venture a guess, select and pres the delete key? Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/Invoicer.htm would help in future? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word M...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

Database Deleting Record Problem
Just launched a new database. Using an Autonumber field to generate document numbers (sequence is not important - just need a unique identifier). There are a number of fields that are required fields based on an option group selection. Problem; If all required fields (they are required fields programmatically) are not completed and you attempt to exit the form, a message box appears asking " Do you want to save changes". If you say "Yes" the form closes, does not save, and the record is deleted - but users are not aware of this deletion - and they think the recor...

Recording last modification of records
I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? If so,how? Something like this can give you the network login name. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "splitz" wrote: > I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to > a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? > If so,how? ...

Report Not Showing All Records
Dear All, I Have a Report that Shows all the records in a Table, at the moment the table hold 200 Records. but the report which is related to the table, is only displaying 32 pages, with the one record on the last page. the report is only showing 160 Records, What would cause the report to exclude the other 40 Records? Theres no filters set or anything. Any one got any suggestions? Regards Dan ...

Button to go to a specific record in a form
Hello, I have two forms. I need to use a command button to go to a second form's specific record. a. In the wizard, when it is time to chose the fields to match, there is nothing in the left side of the screen. b. How do I do this in code. Thnaks for all of your help. Joe In the Click event of the command button, use the primary key field of the record you want to open in the second form in the OpenForm Where argument. This is a good example in VBA Help. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Joe C" wrote: > Hello, > > I have two forms. I need to use a c...

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Accessing current record
What is the syntax for referring to the underlying record that a form is currently displaying? In other words, I would like to make a change to an attribute of a record that is being displayed when a user clicks a button. I believe the best way to do this is through modifying the VB code that underlies the onClick event, but I can't figure out how to reference the record that is being displayed in the current (or active) record. In this case, we're dealing with a boolean value (I realize that I could simply have the checkbox in the form, have the user check or uncheck the box, then s...

Records in a Custom Entity
Does anyone know if you are able to assign records within a new custom entity to a queue in CRM (V3.0) ?? I think that I can only assign the records to a user or myself...... Thanks, Ryan ...

What is the last event when moving from record to record?
What is the last event that fires when moving off of a record. It needs to give me access to the values of the controls in the record I am moving off of. Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?bXNjZXJ0aWZpZWQ=?= <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in news:1358FD7D-6CA4-42FC-8A2F-A83B85876300@microsoft.com: > What is the last event that fires when moving off of a record. It > needs to give me access to the values of the controls in the > record I am moving off of. Thanks. > There isn't ONE. If you move off a record that has not been edited, only viewed, then it's the OnCurrent event. If yo...

Multiple Records Into A Single Record...
I have about 800 records that look like this: id diag 0001 11.0 0001 4.56 0003 10.5 0003 41.7 0003 52.5 I want it to look like this: id diag1 diag2 diag3 0001 11.0 4.56 0003 10.5 41.7 52. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried using a pivot table? "aljordan >" wrote: > I have about 800 records that look like this: > > id diag > 0001 11.0 > 0001 4.56 > 0003 10.5 > 0003 41.7 > 0003 52.5 > > > I want it to look like this: > > id dia...

After entering 83 records unable to go on to next record
someone else set all the fields up for me as I'm not familiar with Access and I was just putting in the data, and got through to no. 84 and entered the data - when I tried to go to the next one a message came up saying 'The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again'. I haven't a clue - all I know is that this record was no di...