receiving payment on invoice is not catagorized as income

I need Money to catagorize a received invoice payment as
income. Currently, if I mark the invoice as paid it will
add it as a deposit to the account but it is catagorized
as "special" as opposed to income. So when I run my P&L
reports all those paid invoices do not show up as income!

Of course I can change the category to income but then I
lose the ability to track that a certain invoice has been
paid.

Anyone know how to do this so that the invoice still shows
paid and the deposit shows as income?

Thanks!
0
akj098 (1)
6/11/2004 6:59:18 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

IIRC the income shows up (sales income?) when the invoice is generated, not
when paid.  I've only recently started using the invoice feature & like to
never figured this out.  It is "standard accounting procedure" to show a
sale as revenue when you make it & you write it off if you don't get paid
for it; not my favorite way of doing things (seems like the hard way; show
the revenue if & when paid seems so much simpler).  Fortunately my sales are
all paid very soon after they are made (ebay).

Lew

"aj" <akj098@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I need Money to catagorize a received invoice payment as
> income. Currently, if I mark the invoice as paid it will
> add it as a deposit to the account but it is catagorized
> as "special" as opposed to income. So when I run my P&L
> reports all those paid invoices do not show up as income!
>
> Of course I can change the category to income but then I
> lose the ability to track that a certain invoice has been
> paid.
>
> Anyone know how to do this so that the invoice still shows
> paid and the deposit shows as income?
>
> Thanks!

0
bcl (29)

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

how do I block incoming messages with non-US charactersets?
I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? I have been getting so much spam from USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe that I want to block all emails with non-cyrilliccharacter sets. How do I do that? "John Brahy" <johnbrahy@community.nospam> wrote in message news:exlO6fFPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to > block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? Your message is very discriminatin...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Invoice Designer Problem
When I save one of the standard invoice templates so that I can modify it, the invoice detail area (item, description, hours, rate, total) improperly formats the text. In particular, the description field does not wrap properly and it cuts off words on the right edge of the description field. My system has IE 6.1 with SP1 in case this makes a difference. ...

business income not showing up as revenue
When I make deposits into my business checking account, they show up correctly as income on my profit/loss statements. However, on my MSMoney home page, I have Business Snapshot as one of my views. On the revenue line, it is zero. Why? When I click on the Year to Date Revenue link, it correctly shows my Profit and Loss statement with the correct amount under Total Net Sales and Gross Profit. Why doesn't this translate into the Year to Date Revenue line? I'm not certain, but it may be connected to your schedule c mapping. My business snapshot is correct, but all of my accounts ar...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

In Project Accounting
We would like to enter employee expenses into Microsoft Project Accounting using an employee business expense Pay Code, cost the expensses to a project and cost category, and have the transaction post to a payroll batch. Allow this type of transaction would allow us to reimburse employees during a standard payroll run and have the funds deposited via ACH. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Sending and receiving
I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are the same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 computer. Copy and paste the entire error message for analysis please . ... . "Railroad Henry (not John)" <RailroadHenrynotJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:120A3A4D-6860-46AC-A94E-C7CB0AB7AD34@microsoft.com... > I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are > the > same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 > compu...

Hiding Received Items on Purchase Orders
Is there a way to hide already received items on a PO? That is, can a revised PO be printed that only shows remaining open items (backorders). On that same note, is there a way to print out a "Receiver" or "Check-in Sheet" for my staff to check in orders against, as opposed to the actual purchase order, which shows more information than I'd like shown... Thanks for any input!! ...

Send/Receive failure
Hey all - I work for a school district that is running Outlook 2000 SR-1 and an old version of Outlook Express. Every time a user clicks on send/receive it times out and says that server such and such can't be found.... But if we close down that "error" box and click on send/receive again it works. Every time! Anyone have an idea why it "dies" on the 1st attempt and then is successful on the 2nd? I can't see any setting in either version that would make this happen. Thanks. Jim D. ...

Bug in DRP with monthly payments??
I have an annoying problem with the debt reduction planner that has been around for at least a few versions. I am currently using v2006. If I go into the debt reduction planner, then select base my plan on: what I want to pay each month and enter anything other than the minimum required payment, I get some crazy results for the payment schedule chart. For example, it tells me I need at least $2500 for debt payments. If I put that amount in something larger, say $3000, then for the first month it applies $20,000 to debt and the next month like $10,000. Where does it come up with the...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing
Hello, In OE I have the option to check mark "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing". Where does OL has this option? Thanks, AJS Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:#0XRNuWrJHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > ...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Receiving emails ... or rather NOT receiving
I get to message #5 and won't download. I now have over 200 emails waiting to be downloaded to my Inbox behind email #5. Anybody know how to remove this #5 email that is blocking everything else????? Logon to your mail server's Webmail page and delete the offending message from there. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:794E9864-FEAD-4C19-B958-293595B19762@microsoft.com... >I get to message #5 and won't download. I now have over 200 emails ...

Receiving Duplicate Email Messages
Hello Everyone, I am hoping someone may be able to help shed some light on this problem. We use Sunbelt's Ninja Messenger for spam filtering on an Exchange 2003 SP2 server for about 6-7 months now. I have been finding the past two months or so that about half of the messages we receive to our spam filtering mailbox are duplicates. One email is usually html or rich text with images, fancy text, animations whatever, the other email will be a duplicate in content but it will be text only with no formatting. I had posted this on Ninja's support forum and got no real advice. I am t...

Send/Receive doe not work... I can send but not receive in Outlook
I have my Yahoo (pop3) account set up in Outlook and have done for some time. It has just decided to stop retrieving my incoming mail, however I can still send mail through outlook. It is set up to leave a copy of all messages on the yahoo server so I can access this through Outlook on my office compuer also - this works fine. The problem is with Outlook on my home PC. When I hit Send/Recieve nothing happens, not even an error message. Can anyone help? I can't find anything online. Thanks a mil! What kind of service do you have? I'vehad problems like that with Verizon DSL, but...

user mailbox receive size
I need some help rectifiying a situation I have verified with ms kb322679 on how to set size limits for messages in Exchange and although i have set the limits to its highest limit possible or no limit at all i still have failures on receiving file attachements greater that 10 meg in size. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated ...