Rebate requires mailing in COA?

Whats up with this? They always required mangling the
original box. Now M$ wants us to mail them our
certificate of authenticity? I recently acquired Money
Deluxe '04 and Trips '04 and both want me to mail in the
COA. Technically doesn't that mean it is no longer
legal/licensed? From www.howtotell.com
the COA will be adhered to the top of the product box.

Please retain the COA label.

And EULA states license is only valid if it has a COA.
And further states it cannot be sold or transfered
without a COA.

Seems everyone tries to find some way to rip you off with
rebates!

0
mike7028 (2)
12/6/2003 10:47:17 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Cannot Receive Mail
Opened a Windows Live Mail account. Can send messages, cannot receive messages. Nothing shows in in box or unread mail. Is this a POP3, IMAP, or HTTP account? Who is the provider? Any error message when you try to receive? Does the status bar always say "No new messages"?=20 What happens when you send an email message to yourself? When you check via webmail, are there messages waiting to be downloaded? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "JIm" <JIm @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

formula required
Dera plz solve my problem, i m working in a bank my query is that Today is 9-mar-10 my ending balance is 10,0000.00 in sheet 1 column A2 . and this balance automatically will insert sheet2 under (ENDING BALANCE) I want that next day on 10-MAR-10 my ending balance will that i will put in Sheet 1 coulmn (A2 )same coulm but in sheet 2 the balance of 9-mar-10 will not change and insert my ending balance of 10-mar-10 automatically will appear sheet2 on next Row. Plz give me formula. Note: Date will automatically chang in sheet1 with formula of =today() (SHEET 1) Date: 9-MAR-1...

e-mail linking problem
I have been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 for over a year, but recently, I must have made a change I am not aware of. Now when I click on a link contained in an incoming e-mail, I receive the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to the restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Mine is a single-user home operation with Vista Home Premium. Can you tell me how to correct this situation? Many thanks: Gene L Gene L. wrote: > I have been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 for over a year, b...

mail storage location
Where can i found send/receive email store in server? thanks!!! JY You can find the location by going to Server | Your Storage Group | Your Mailbox Store | Properties | Database tab. Default location of stores (.EDB and .STM) and transaction logs is \exchsrvr\mdbdata. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "badman" <jonasyan1232000@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uIuPyBB$FHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Where can i found send/receive email store in server? > thanks!!! > > JY >...

CRM Hardware Requirements 06-09-04
Hi Everyone, Hope you are having a great day/night. I've got a server with RAID I, two hard drives. And I'm looking at implementing CRM. The specs says 'SCSI RAID 5 with 3 hard drives' are required. Can anyone explain why? Will RAID 1 (two or 3 hard drives) work? Much appreciated. Tony RAID 1 will work, but more slowly than RAID5 That "slowness" may or may not be perceptible/significant, depending on the load on your system and demand placed on it. Try it and see Peter Lynch "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Windowa Live mail keeps shutting down.
I keep getting messages saying that "Something unexpected has happened and Windows Live mMail has had to close down" Whatcshould I do about it? It is a real pain I just wish I had good old Outlook Express back. Help please it is driving me mad and I cant find any advice on the Help file. Open WLM in Mail mode(do not access news, contacts, calendar) Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance mode - Set the compact counter to 1, close, apply File/Work Offline File/Exit Agree to the prompt to compact Retest.. In the future - do not close WLM when it is performing a syn...

Use of Mail Merge in Publisher 2003
I have a document in Publisher 2003 and use mail merge from an Excel file. The newsletter has 200 addresses. The document looks fine until I do mail merge and create a new publication. Then my spacing changes and some columns are reducted in size. The entire newsletter format is changed! I have tried several things, nothing has worked. Any suggestions? Kim McEntire Reference: Create and send e-mail publications using Publisher: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/publisher/HA010743381033.aspx Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message (2003): h...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! How is the president's client (Outlook?) connecting? I suspect that th...

old e-mail #2
I just did a clean install of Windows XP. I had saved my Identity folder from the previous set-up but now I can't seem to transfer my old e-mail messages (and I know I have done this in the past, just saved the .dbx files). What's the best way to recover this info (which is very important). Thanks Ask in an outlook express ng, or see here; http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Evan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d2201c4af94$58e379e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just did a clean install of Windows XP. I had saved my > Identity folder fro...

Sent Mail folder
I am using Gmail and really wish that I could make my Entourage sent mail not be saved to my IMAP folder but to my local folder, and once done make it a snap to access. In Account Settings--account--advanced I am able to do this BUT its a pain in the tail to see my sent mail folder and I always need to click on the folders on my computer and click on the sent mail folder. This is a pain because in Outlook 2003 for Windows I can create a favorite and make it easier to view my sent mail folder stored on my local PC. In other words in Outlook I have a hierarchy and both my inbox and sent m...

A required resource was
I use a CListBox to display and scroll through the contents of a file. However, on exercising the scrolling a lot, the application hangs up with a box stating "A required resource was" [that's all], with an OK button that eventually returns control to the application, but with windows and dialogs all screwed up. I get "first chance exeption" and "Uncaught exception" notices in the output window, but I can't seem to trap them using try-catch constructions. Anybody else had this problem. How did you solve it? Thanks. Are you adding each line fr...

RE: Mail Migration
I am in the process of performing a mail migration. All my clients use Outlook 2002. We will be pointing to new incoming and outgoing mail servers (reason for migration). I have been unable to find the settings in the registry for the incoming and outgoing mail servers specifically for Outlook 2002 as would like to update all clients with a registry fix via login script. Does anyone know if these keys exist (as I have found them for Outlook express). Thanks! ...

Hardware Requirements for SQL and Application Server
I am wanting to purchase two new servers, one as an application server that will house Great Plains and Citrix, and the other will be for SQL. I read the requirements from Microsoft, and I am not clear as to what is the ideal configuration for the hardware. Does anyone have a similar setup and could tell me what I would need for the following: 40 Users 1000-2000 transactions Financials Field Service - Returns Mgmt. Manufacturing Distribution Any suggestions on how to make this configuration work for now and be upgradable are cool as well. Thanks for your support! ...

save e-mails for reinstall
I am going to have reinstall win xp. I want to save all my e-mails in Outlook 2002. I have saved all my settings with the transfer tool in xp but did not want to save all files and settings, and it is a little confusing for me to look at the custom transfer tool. Is there a way to save everything in Outlook 2002? Thanks Sammy Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 A...

What fields are required?
What fields are required for Sales Order Processing on the sales transaction screen of Dynamics GP 9.0? We are looking to modify the form but would like to know what fields are required (I know batch id and customer id are required)? Thanks! Try Tools -> Setup -> User Preferences -> Display Button -> There is a Required fields drop down box. Put a color on the required fields so that you may know visually the required fields. ---Darryl Bajaro "esf1999" wrote: > What fields are required for Sales Order Processing on the sales transaction > screen of Dyn...

Cash requirements report #2
Hi everyone Is it possible to print the Vendor Cash Requirement report in the original currency rather than in the functionnal currency? Thanks Hi Patrick, We are using Version 8 and without doing some report modifications I don't think there is any way to get that report in the original currency. (that would make too much sense !!) This is just one example of where in my humble opinion Microsoft misses the boat when dealing with Multi-Currency. From an operations standpoint you most often want to see the Originating currency amounts because that is the currency of the actual t...

Microsoft crm server requires indexing service to be configured an
Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message above. Clicking OK returns us to the desktop... anyone got any ideas? Regards Colin Foster "Colin Foster" <ColinFoster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0852AD02-E88F-416F-8618-85AB2799E40E@microsoft.com... > Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server > running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message > above. Clicking OK returns us to the d...

outlook slows down reading mail.
I have just found out why outlook 2002 began to crawl while reading mail messages, etc. I finally tied the slowdowns to an Event Log Error about DCOM. The solution is in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823661 (I am appending my original post to this message.) Thanks to everyone who answered--even though they didn't come up with the solution. ============ Original post: Summary of hardware: Pentium 4, 1 gig. memory All scsi (39160, adaptec) Summary of software: xp pro service pack 1 and all critical upgrades xp office pro all critical upgrades....

Windows mail
My computer did an automatic update on windows vista. Now all my emails have disappeared and I am unable to send or receive email. I have accessed my email from my service provider through the web. Does anybody know what happened and how to fix this problem. I don't know how anybody can notify me if my Windows Mail is not not sending or receiving messages See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 The messages are stored as eml files, so search for *.eml and see if you = can find them outside of Winmail. ...

Is mail-in rebate included in all in-store M07 products?
Hi, I need to purchase M07 before my trial version expires, and I was checking at different stores here in San Diego, CA. I saw the Deluxe version for $49.99 at some stores, but there was nothing about a mail-in rebate in the box (at least, in the outside). I thought the $20 mail-in rebate for M07 Deluxe was part of all in-store sales... Isn't that the case? Is there any mention about the rebate in the box? Thanks!! Jose ...

Customer Rebates
We need to issue rebate checks to our customers once a year. What would be the best way to do this in GP 9.0? 1) Set them all up as vendors as well as customers? 2) Use the Miscellaneous check function 3) Something else? Thanks, John Trax ...

One of the rebate .PDF files is corrupt
I have just purchased MS Money Plus Premium, which has a $30 rebate offer from Microsoft. I also downloaded the 2 .PDF files, so that I could get the rebate. However, one of them (MoneyCPN_D1.PDF ) is corrupted. How do I get a good copy of this file so that I can print it out, fill it in and send it back for my rebate? -- Rod If you go to http://www.findmyorder.com, put in your order details you should be able to download the rebate form again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. ...

Internet access required for stencils/templates
Why doesn't Visio 2003 have as many stencils/templates available within the "local" install as earlier versions? I used Visio 2000 in the past and I have used the geographic map templates on a regular basis. However I have just installed Visio 2003 on my laptop and these templates and stencils are missing! I have discovered that I need to have access to the internet to "download" each stencils as I need it (not much use when you are using a laptop on the road). I have searched everywhere on the Microsoft website to try to find where to download the complete set of sten...

Rebate?
There is a rebate for the "upgrade" from previous office versions to Microsoft Publisher 2003, but Office 2003 isn't listed in eligible products, while previous versions of office are. I have Office 2003 Standard Edition, and I need to Add publisher, and it seems like I should be able to take advantage of the upgrade price... can I? You aren't "upgrading" Office 2003, you are adding to it. You upgrade from 2002 or 2000, for example. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Joe" <mltsy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10c3501c44059...

How do I create a zip file for a folder of e-mail messages
How do I create a zip file for a folder of e-mail messages? don't think you can do that "inside" outlook. outlook folders are not like windows folders. you need to select all the messages, do a "save as" and save them to a windows folder, then zip that "Judi" wrote: > How do I create a zip file for a folder of e-mail messages? you'd need to drag the messages to a folder on the hard drive and zip that folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http...