Re: Money 2004 - "Unable to load topic" error

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried unregistering/re-registering the msxml3
DLL, but still no luck.  However, knowing the help file topics are local
might help with debugging this problem.

thanks,
randy

"Randy" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
> All,
>
> I've recently upgraded to Money 2004 Premium from 2003 Deluxe.  I'm now
> finding that I can't view any help topics--I get the "Unable to load
topic.
> Click here to try again."  I've tried all the suggestions posted here and
at
> other sites:  cleared out temporary internet files, start Money with the
> "-s" option, uninstall/reinstall Money, update HTML help, clean the
> registry, et. al.  Nothing seems to work--I can see the help
> topics/subtopics, but when I click on a topic I get the error.
>
> Are these help topics locally installed or is Money trying to access them
> from the Internet?  The reason I ask is I have a new version of Norton
> Internet Security installed, but it said that it auto-configured itself
for
> Money.  But, maybe it needs to be tweaked a little.
>
> Any other ideas?  I'm running Win98 SE (4.10.2222 A) and IE 6.0 SP1.
>
> thanks,
> randy

0
nospam9607 (138)
8/13/2004 1:23:54 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Re: Money 2004

Unable to Load topic...Issue in Money Help
Hello PPL: I'm running Money 2003 D&B.....Sometime ago after 3 months, I wasn't able to get into help. I click for help and I get "Unable to load topic". I can query for help and it will pull up categories but just when I think I'm a click away from the help I need, that's what happens. Has anyone run into this or know what maybe be wrong. I have reinstalled a few times..no result.....at the time I was having other troubles with links in help but I resolved those sifting through the KB....ideas? TYIA, Marcus In microsoft.public.money, Marcus Teixeira wrote: &...

re: MONEY 2004 UNABLE TO LOAD TOPIC AS POSTED BY HOMEUSER
I am having this same issue with Money 2004 Sm Bus. In addtion, much of my data on invoices will not populate. Ex. lines look like this-- TAX: [tax]. I am running XP and have had MS email techs and phone techs attempt to solve the problem, to not avail. It began happening approx. 6 weeks ago. My computer is fully up to date. Phone techs said it might be a problem with my printer drivers. Called printer co. (Lexmark) they could not resolve the issue either. Print porblem also occurs in sample files and when using a pdf printer. If anyone comes across a suggestion PLEASE! post. tHANKS,...

Money 2004