Re-install Money 2000

After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was protected
by password.

When I restore my backup, I have this message :
"You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file
cannot be opened with this version of Money."

Why???
0
Germ (1)
1/18/2005 2:43:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

My guess is that either your locale or file is a French one. See this:
http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/98.aspx

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Germ" <Germ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was
> protected
> by password.
>
> When I restore my backup, I have this message :
> "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file
> cannot be opened with this version of Money."
>
> Why???

0
glyn1 (1534)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Money 2002
I've been using Money 2002 since - well - 2002. I have NEVER assigned a password and never been asked for one. Following a complete reload of my PC and re-install of Money when I try and open my MNY file I get asked for a password. But I've never used a password. Anyone got any advice or is it doomed? Any help much appreciated. Two possibilities: 1) you need to open the sample file and do an Internet Update then try to open your data file. 2) This might not be the case, but it happens: http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. "andy staines" <andy@yellowswordfish.com&g...

Problems with Office apps after archive and install
I had to do an archive and install (without preserving users and network settings) on my G4 (OS 10.2.8), and ever since, I've been unable to get several Office apps to work correctly. In Word, I get an error about not being able to open the Visual Basic Editor, and the custom dictionary being unavailable. In Entourage, I "do not have write access to the application folder." In Excel, there's an error accessing the system registry. I've tried moving things from my previous system folder back into the current system folder, but it only seems to have made things worse. A...

Defragmenting information store on Exchange 2000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C41CDC.6A5F2660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Since this is the first time for me doing defragmentation, have a few = questions if you're so kind ... Our company Exchange 2000 Server is running out of disk space. The = priv.stm is 6 GB and priv.edb is 4 GB size.=20 Free space on drive is 4 GB. Is that enough to run eseutil to defragment = the database? Are there any 'tricks' that I must be aware of ? And = approximately how lo...

management reporter installation
Has anyone installed management report yet? Do both application service and process service have to be installed or are they optional? Thanks, Janey -- Janey ...

XP Pro SP3
Hello! In a bit of a bind; hoping someone can help me! I have a laptop here that was not logging in correctly - it would log in and immediately log out. Drive showed minor failure, so I did a surface scan and remapped the failing sector. Ran SFC which replaced one file - still wasn't working. So I tried a repair install. Normally, this fixes just about any darn thing. Not this time. On the initial boot afterwards (the black screen with logo), it just hangs. Power down and reboot, it allows log in, then says "windows must be activated before you can log in"...

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

How do i change my file from a 2003 office doument to a 2000 docu.
i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody help?? File, save as, files of type, expand the menu to Publisher 2000. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E89A2FF9-20DD-4568-980F-73162AE7AB8A@microsoft.com... >i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to > figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody he...

Outlook 2000 or XP on Exchange 2003 SBS
it appears that the only way Outlook XP and 2000 users can receive their emails is when they highlight an email already in their inbox. For instance, if they are in their Word program and they look into their Outlook, without highlighting an email on their inbox, it would show that they have not receive any emails. However, the moment they highlight an email in their inbox, then they'll receive about 5 emails that appears to have been in some type of queue. It's obvious that they were in there for quite a while because of the time that they were sent. Are these client run...

SBS CRM install then move Exchange.
Hi All, Quick question hopefully. Just wondering if anyone can clarify what I believe is possible but not 100% sure. CRM SBS edition installed on a SBS box, can a new Exchange box is implemented into the same domain and keep e-mail functionality of CRM?? If it is possible and Exchange is moved off the SBS box and onto a new server, what needs to be done to ensure it works correctly? Change registy settings to point to new mail server? have looked and can't seem to locate them... I have done the following: -Run Rule Wizard and remove rules from mailboxes (sbs box) -Un-installed th...

Re: exmerge error

Microsoft Money 2004 Sm Business Won't Open
I have Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business edition and have installed it a bunch of times trying to work out a problem. The program still installs but when I try to open it I get an error message that says 'Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvienience". The program then closes. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Gaylon Try this: 1. Uninstall. 2. Reboot. 3. Delete money directory from program files. 4. Delete Money entries from the registry. 5. Reboot again. 6. Reinstall. Tod "Gaylon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Outlook 2000 won't remember password #2
I had to reinstall office onto an XP machine, and Outlook 2000 won't remember the account password. Yes... I have checked the box that says "remember password." Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Any fixes? Pete <Pete@nospam.com> wrote: > I had to reinstall office onto an XP machine, and Outlook 2000 won't > remember the account password. Yes... I have checked the box that says > "remember password." Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Any fixes? <http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=2557&...

Transfer files from money 99 to money 2003
We have a new computer with money 2003, old computer has our records in money 99. We tried to import export but the records to not come across correctly. What should we d???? You shouldn't have to export or import. Just move across your .MNY data file and open it with the newer version. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=68. "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1351501c419bd$2899add0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > We have a new computer with money 2003, old computer has > our records in money 99. We tried to import export but > the...

Money '02 shuts down when I go to reports
I have been having a problem with money having to unexpectantly shut down when I go to the reports gallery, open investments and then "performance by investment account". It only seems to be doing this with this particular report and started after I updated prices online. I have already tried to reinstall with no success? I am running XP home. Any suggestions? I dont see an error report. Only an option to send the report to Microsoft which I have done several times. It says that MS money has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I checked tehough the updated pri...

Exchange 2003 stops after installing SP1
Two weeks agoe I installed SP1 om Exchange 2003 (running om Win2003 Server) Since the installation it has frozen 4 times. There are no events, no pre warnings, it just stops sending and recieving mails, no reaction on mouse and keyboard. Screen is frozen or just blue. Any idea would be welcome. Regards Carsten Any time the whole box hangs solid, you usually have a bigger problem than Exchange. Having applied SP1 may just be a coincidence. Make sure you are running the latest device driver updates, firmware updates, etc. for all of your hardware. Run full hardware diagnostics on the serve...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

converting quicken 04 to money 03
Hi, I just got money o3 with my new laptop..i currently have quicken 2004 and wanted to give money a try. The problem is that Money says that the conversion wizard will not support my 2004 quicken. Anyone now how to get around this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Wait until M05 (which, based on history) will be the first Money version to support Q04 conversion) or use account-by-account QIF export from Q04 and import to M03. "Jenni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1844a01c41b1a$02f496e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I just got money ...

OL 2003 install over OL2002
I'm currently running OfficeXP(2002). I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade to Office2003, except for the Outlook piece. Can I upgrade Outlook 2003 without screwing up the other OfficeXP components? Thanks! Yes, but you won't have the option to use Word as your e-mail editor anymore. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bruce" <x@chartermi.net> wrote in message news:10c3bsrjgedpja1@corp.supernews.com... > I'm currently...

Problem restoring to Money 2005
I had been using an old version of Money - I think it was 99. My computer crashed. I upgraded to Money 2005 and tried to restore my back up file. I keep getting an error message that the drive or file is locked for reading. The file is on my hard drive, neither it nor the drive are locked. Any ideas? Is there any other way I can access the data? Thanks ...