Re: "Gain since opening date" ??

Any ideas ??
"Apothecon" <sailer.ny@netzero.net> wrote in message news:...
> My 401k shows a large negative "gain since opening date" on the summary
> page after you click on investing at the top.However the amount of gain is
> accurate after opening up the portfolio and checking account summary.The
> summary page only seems inaccurate.Any ideas ? Thanks again

0
sailer.ny (16)
3/2/2008 12:28:58 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"gain since opening date"
Hi. M06: Investing, Investing Accounts, "Gain Since Opening Date" Could someone explain to me what this means? For one investment the 'current value' is 385.34 and the 'value on 4/5/07' is 381.14 and 'gain since opening date' is 594.15. The $594.15 seems to not mean anything relevant to me because it's either wrong or I don't know what it mean. Where is this number coming from? This is an investment that I reinvest the quarterly dividend but other than that, there have been no transactions in the account. ??? In microsoft.public.money, theo...

"Gain since opening date" ??