QUICKEN TRANSFER PROBLEMS

Please Help:
I am trying to get my Quicken data transfered to Money. I
have had it with Quicken. Problem is that my home loan
doesn't transfer properly. The ending balances match, but
the loan ending date is off. I think this is because the
mortgage company changed 3 times. It lists the number of
remaining payments as 281 when it is 262. I cannot seem to
make the proper adjustments.

Also, NONE of my Quicken reports transfered over to Money.
Any ideas on that ?

Please Reply. Thanks
0
dogbubba (2)
2/17/2004 1:03:59 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Re. "loan end date"--try editing the series of loan payments. Money
calculates the number of payments remaining--hence runout date--whenever you
do this based on the payment amount, interest date, and loan balance.

Re. reports--I have no idea if these are advertised somewhere as
transferring, but given the differences between the reports in each product,
I'd not be surprised if they didn't attempt to map Quicken reports to
comparable customizations of Money reports.

"ADAM" <dogbubba@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Please Help:
> I am trying to get my Quicken data transfered to Money. I
> have had it with Quicken. Problem is that my home loan
> doesn't transfer properly. The ending balances match, but
> the loan ending date is off. I think this is because the
> mortgage company changed 3 times. It lists the number of
> remaining payments as 281 when it is 262. I cannot seem to
> make the proper adjustments.
>
> Also, NONE of my Quicken reports transfered over to Money.
> Any ideas on that ?

You want me to edit ALL the payments history made to this
loan. You are talking about 30 odd payments. Am I
understanding you correctly??
0
dogbubba (2)
2/17/2004 3:01:00 PM
No, you are not.

A Loan Payment should be setup as a scheduled Bill in the Bills & Deposits
page. When you go to edit this series of Loan Payments (go find it in the
list, R-click, Edit|Edit series), Money will recompute the remaining number
of like payments it needs to schedule to payoff the loan balance. The
existing payment history is irrelevant to this question. All that matters is
the current loan balance, the scheduled bill (amount and frequency) and the
interest rate.

When you talk about seeing "Loan End Date," where are you seeing this???
Loan Account Details? (I didn't see this there in one I looked at this
morning.) Number of remaining payments/series end date in a scheduled Loan
Payment on Bills & Deposits? Loan Amortization Report?

> You want me to edit ALL the payments history made to this
> loan. You are talking about 30 odd payments. Am I
> understanding you correctly??

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Quicken covert
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have been a Quicken user for many years, but I have now been informed by Intuit that after Jan 31st 2005 they will no longer support Quicken. Therefore I have purchased MS Money 2005 Premium. I am using an XP machine with Quicken XG and as I have said MS Money 2005. I have tried to convert the Quicken file, but Money fails to convert many of the Categories, I have also exported each account out of Quicken and used the restore account function in Money to import the QIF file, this has proved a little more successful however there are still ...

Formula problem
I have "inherited" a spreadsheet from someone else and am having problem creating new formulas (there currently are no formulas in th spreadsheet). I don't know if there is an option setting causing th problem or if it is something else. When I enter a formula, such as =IF(A1=1,"TRUE","FALSE"), it shows th formula in the cell instead of the result. I have tried a couple o things to figure out what's going on without much success. If I enter the exact same formula in a new workbook, it behaves as expect it to. If I enter the exact same formula in a ...

Problems after installation
The installation did well and finished without any problems. But after a restart i wanted to add the users. i tried to open the web application or the assistent and didn't get access with the domain administrator who also installed CRM and is dbo of the database. Any Ideas? thx Christian ...

opening file problem please help
When I click on an Excel file in Windows Explorer, I get the following error message. "a document with the name "filename".xls is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name at the same time". (Clicking ok closes the message and the file opens.) This happens on every Excel file in Explorer. There are no other files open on my p.c. at all. If I open Excel first and open the file I want by clicking the File menu and selecting Open, the file will open with no error message. Other than that the programme works perfectly I'm using Excel 97 and Windo...

Problem with UPDATE_COMMAND_UI
I am trying to use UPDATE_COMMAND_UI to modify a pop-up menu item and ON_COMMAND to execute it. But it's not working that way. First, I used class wizard (VC++6.0) to create a View class COMMAND event. No problem. Next, I added a UPDATE_COMMAND_UI for the same menu item. What now happens is that the UI function is called when I select the menu item. (Shouldn't it be called before the pop-up menu is created?) Moreover, the UI function is called at this point but the COMMAND event is no longer called. Also, if I next delete the ON_COMMAND (leaving just the UPDATE_COMMAND_UI event ...

For...Next loop problem!!
Hi All I have a macro to look at cell H44, check the first 4 characters then depending on the value populate cell O44 with a value 1-5 and do the same down to O900. The problem I have is only cell H44 is being checked and the same result is being put in Cells O44:O900, but I wanted H44 checked then result in O44, then H45 checked result in O45 etc right down to O900. I know there must be something simple missing from my loop but I cant see what? Please Help!! - below is my macro: Dim BreakComment As String Dim MyStr As String Dim StartRowD As Long Dim MCell As Range With...

OL2003 Cached Mode, problem when deleting e-mails
I received an e-mail today from a frustrated client, quoted below. "For some reason since we have started the server, when I go to Junk email or deleted email and try to clean it out...Instead of deleting the ones I highlight they multiply.... Help what do I do? Check in my deleted folder..... nightmare!" I checked the user's deleted items folder, and indeed there are a set of e-mails of which there are some 1 dozen copies of each message. Less than a couple dozen instances of this, but enough to make your head spin. I checked with the user and was informed that these dupl...

MFC in VS2005 problem
Hi all. I am trying to migrate a large solution from VS 2003 to VS 2005. The solution contains mixed C++/MFC and C# projects. When building one specific MFC application everything compiles fine. The linker is complaining though: 1>Linking... 1>XXMLDomParser.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall CObject::CObject(class CObject const &)" (??0CObject@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) 1>PDADoc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall CObject::CObject(class CObject const &)" (??0CObject@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) referenced in function ...

Problem Formula
Hi Guys, I have this formula =IF(G22="","",(H22+I22)*G22) What I use it for is to add two different prices together then they get multiplied by the amount entered into a cell. eg, H22=$2.24, I22=$0.52 and if I enter 1 into G22 it equals $2.76, which is correct. But if I enter a figue of 1800 into G22 I get a figue of $4961.42 when it should be $4968.00. Any help for this novice would be great. Thanks Are the values in H22 and I22 the results of formulas? If so its probably a rounding issue where for example 2.236458 is displayed as 2.24 but the actual value is still 2.2...

Quicken
Can RMS dump to Quiken via a QIF file or similar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C6DD6F.AE32C8F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, No. only QuickBooks --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with = newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System ...

Quicken
Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. What can I do? Matt On "Matt" <Matthew.Olson@fuse.net> wrote: >Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC >with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. >What can I do? Did you try doing CTRL ALT DEL and stopping all processes except Explorer and Systray. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =--...

Transfer files
Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? Yes. -- Ronin "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > Yes and No! "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > "dan&quo...

Inventory Transfer
Customer wanted to do an Inventory transfer from Site 1 to Site 2 and have it have a new unit cost at Site 2 that not only includes the original cost of the Site 1 in assembly but also adds the shipping charges as well to the cost in Site 2. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Problem with the VALUE function
Hey guys! I was wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to parse through two sets of data in Excel in order to identify certain problems between them. Problems include additional miscellaneous characters, dashes instead of zeros, extra zeros in the beginning, etc. I am writing functions for each case using the VALUE function to originally identify a data that is a problem because it will return an error when there is something not right with the string. So, I would check VALUE("00-5220") which would give an error, hence I know that the data has an issue and can check ...

transfer from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I can send mail out on my new Outlook, but cannot receive. I must go back to my old Outlook Express in order to receive my mail. Any suggestions as to how I can receive when I press the send and receive command? John Michael Your post is not quite clear -- are you saying that you're getting errors in Outlook when you try to send/receive (or nothing happens), or that new mail is still going to Outlook Express automatically, or what? Have you set Outlook as your default mail program in Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages...

Transfers between accounts for Esentials Budget in MM 2007 Deluxe
How can I add a Txfr between accounts into my Essentials Budget in MM 2007 Deluxe? I only have my Checking account in my Budget Accounts list. The only Txfr option on the Pic List I have is "Txfr to to Deleted Acct." Thanks, Van Baird ...

It wont forget Quicken
I converted Quicken 2001 to Money 2002 and the browser is still telling me Quicken 2001. It *was* a long time ago now and I do want to forget Quicken, also I am considering upgrading to M2003 (UK) so I would like to sort it before doing that, but how? I just want it to be referring to Money not Quicken. Can I buy an upgrade to 2002? (UK) or do I have to buy the retail 2003? -- Old Grizzly http://www.cadskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/london/ "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi The browser is telling you? Where is this and w...

Warning/Startup Forms
I recently created a db for work and wanted a warning form to be shown if a particular event happened on the day it was opened, or conversely a 'No Events' msg box. 'Allen' kindly supplied me the code to do this however I now need to activate the switchboard after the msg box 'OK' button has been clicked. The code I am currently using is below and any help would be greatly appreciated: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then 'MsgBox "No Events" Cancel = True End If End...

552 Transfer Error when trying to publish FP2002
I am able to log on to the host server, but after I begin publishing (a couple of seconds), I receive the "552 Transfer Failed" Error pop-up. Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Jeff You should try a FrontPage newsgroup - this group is for support of Microsoft Outlook. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jeff" <jwmunden@netzero.net> wrote in message news:9473C4CB-E363-4964-8972-E0011FCC875B@microsoft.com... > I am able to log on to the host...

Transfer of emails from one PC to another
How do I transfer emails from Outlook (Office 2000) on a laptop (running ME), to Outlook 2002 on another laptop running Windows XP? "Bob" <bob@hessian.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:011e01c35f69$e19614e0$a101280a@phx.gbl > How do I transfer emails from Outlook (Office 2000) on a > laptop (running ME), to Outlook 2002 on another laptop > running Windows XP? Hello Bob, export the emails into a pst file, move this pst to the other (2002) laptop and import this emails. Be sure, if you save the pst file on a CD, that you deactivate the "read only" ...

Problems with Launch Windows Programs
Hi, I have a Windows 2008 SBS (clean install) that I'm having problems with. I am trying to get this server up and ready, but after installation I can't open Computer Management via Start Menu or command line or browsing directly to the file. Also, I can't seem to open anything else in the Control Panel. The computer does not pop any errors it just doesn't launch the apps. Every now and then, I'll get a message saying that Windows Explorer needed to restart (it won't; it'll hang on the restart). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Just i...

Problems copying cells using offset and counta
I am trying to copy selected data in every 6th cell in one row(A6) on sheet2 and put it into a single column(A) on sheet one. So: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 becomes 6 6 6 I created the following function to do this. =OFFSET(SHEET2!$A$6,0,(6*COUNTA(("A6:A"&((CELL("row"))-1))))) However the count part will not work. It keeps returning nothing instead of a count of the number of cells containing data in column A. It is neccessary to do the "Cell" part to exclude the current cell and so avoid getting a circular reference . Further testing sho...

How to change a transfer to a charge
I accidentally defined a number of credit card transactions as transfers to a cash account. The problem is, Money 204 will not allow me to simply edit the credit card transactions to re-define them as charges as opposed to transfers. When I try editing the "To" account, I get an error message... "If you do not want a transfer, click Cancel and then choose a different type of transaction. No matter what I click, the transaction remains a transfer. The credit card transactions are reconciled but the cash account is not. I expect this should be simple but short of deleting the tr...

Transfer Order Problem
We hav a tarnsfer order that was issued by stiore 1 to go to store 2. Store 2 never received it. In checking the transfer records in HQ it shows that store 1 issued and committed the order and we see a yellow flag. But the received the receive and match tab are both grayed out. Did we do something wrong? And how do we fix this? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops Hi John, 1) is the configuration in HQ "checked" regarding automatically create interstore transfer order? 2) even if (1) is marked, sometimes the interstore transfer is not crea...