Quicken to Money #2

When I convert from QUICKEN to MONEY 2004 does that
convert my register too?
0
wfinney (1)
5/16/2004 1:57:50 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Yes - it doesn't convert Household Inventory though.

NB Money is always one "year" behind Quicken, so M2004 will only convert
Q2003 or earlier.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.

"Walter Finney" <wfinney@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> When I convert from QUICKEN to MONEY 2004 does that
> convert my register too?

0
SPAM5796 (251)

Want to save a Money 2004 file as Money 2003 file at end of trial
I have been using Money 2001/2003 for about a couple years, but I accepted the internet offer of a 90 day(?) trial of Money 2004. My trial period expires in a week and I don't want to buy the upgrade. My problem is that I can't save my .MNY file in a format that can be read by Money 2003. I need to find a way to save as a Money 2003 file so that I can go back to using Money '03. When you upgraded to use the trial, Money made a copy of your then Money file and called it *.m11. Double click on that and then the bad news, as warned when you did the upgrade, you need to re-en...

Charts #2
hi, i have data on different sheets in a workbook. the data on the first sheet is a name corresponding to which there is an amount in the next cell. On the second sheet too, the same name appears but with a different amount next to it. Is it possible to create a graph based on the two values. ...

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Rollup 2 Won't Install.
All I am trying to do is link up my Xbox 360 with my Laptop to use the Media Centre that I have installed on my computer. I learned that I needed to Install a “Extender” Update to my Media Centre Software, in order for my computer to see my Xbox and visa versa. This update failed to install and I was told to Uninstall and then Reinstall a previous “Rollup 2” Update as this was preventing the “Extenderer” Update. I successfully Uninstalled the Rollup 2 and then tried to reinstall it. The reinstall starts to go through the process but soon after it comes up with a message “Unab...

Money 2002 removal
OS is XP Home. Suspect there is a conflict between Money and Excel. Money is not being used and will not uninstall using Control Panel. A search of the Knowledge Base brought me to K2808303. This page appears to be corrupted. It lists topics on removing a folder and making a registry change, but these are not shown entirely or at all. If someone could post the instructions it will be gratefully received. Thanks Charlie ...

Money 2007 #11
I am a new user of money 2007, and I m trying to figure out how can i import indexes to my portfolio who are not so popular e.g. athens stock exchange FTSE 20? Is it possible? Sorry not possible. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "nicoGreco" <nicoGreco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF4A1088-2A4D-4619-83CF-A83DCBDC89D8@microsoft.com... >I am a new user of money 2007, and I m trying...

Exchange Mailboxes #2
I have a SBS 2003 server that had probelsm with the initial load. I finally have the 2003 Exchange server loaded and working however, Accounts that were created before the Exchange server was loaded properly do not have any of the Exchange Tabs in the User properties. New Accounts are created with these and look just fine. How do I go back and add the original users to exchange without creating new user accounts for them? -- Skip you could just create new mailboxes for them...but the old data would not be there...did you save the old store/s? "ChiefSkip" <ChiefSkip@discu...

Money 2002 wont launch anymore
I have been usin Money 2002 for a year or so to do all my Banking. Today I double clicked the icon to launch the program I goa an hour glas for a sec or two but Money never came up. After repeated trys I attempted to reinstall it but it didn't help. Does antone have a clue? I can't pay my bill's!!! Thank you in advance.... Read the posts before posting. Sometimes you will find that your topic is the most discussed topic of the past week. Like this time. "Crazyhorse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01c701c3fa73$04a91a00$a101280a@phx...

Quicken covert
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have been a Quicken user for many years, but I have now been informed by Intuit that after Jan 31st 2005 they will no longer support Quicken. Therefore I have purchased MS Money 2005 Premium. I am using an XP machine with Quicken XG and as I have said MS Money 2005. I have tried to convert the Quicken file, but Money fails to convert many of the Categories, I have also exported each account out of Quicken and used the restore account function in Money to import the QIF file, this has proved a little more successful however there are still ...

Outlook Automation #2
I am currently looking for a way to either set the "from" field in an email generated by automation, or select the appropriate account to send the email. As you probably guessed, I want to do it thru automation. Does anyway know how this can be done? FYI, email is created in a access database, and not by a macro in outlook, if that matters. - Magnus ...

Exchange Task
Hello all, Wondering if there is any issues with large mailboxes (10GB) and the move mailbox exchange task. We are currently running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 on Windows 2003SP1, we are migrating to new hardware, again Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1. I have moved a few mailboxes already to the new server and all is functioning well. The biggest mailbox moved so far is 2.5GB. Our company presidents mailbox is 10GB - I am apprehensive if this tool might act up when moving this size of a mailbox. Anyone move this size mailbox in the past, any issues, suggestions comme...

Money Plus Deluxe will not update
When I open my money file, I get prompted that there is an update availabel. When I update it, it seems successful, and re-open my money file, I get prompted again. This is a never ending loop. I am running Vista Ultimate, in November, I installed Money Plus Business & Home, and removed Money 2007 Deluxe. I want to go back to Deluxe, but it looks like my registry is hosed and every time I open Money, I get prompted to update. Should I disable the UAC and try it again? Or, should I remove money, and try to clean out my system before installing Deluxe again? TIA, Bill In micros...

How change stock/co. name in Money '02?
I use Money '02 on Win XP.(I haven't upgraded to a later version because my understanding is that the later versions are more closely tied to MSN Money, which is NOT something I desire.) One of the stocks/companies I own has undergone a name change, from Duke Power to Spectrum Energy. So when I download my holdings info from my brokerage site, Money says 'Add 100 shares Spectrum Energy.' But I don't want to add those shares, not unless I can show that they are the Duke Power I bought a couple of years ago, with all that Duke history carrying over to Spectrum. I look...

Quicken
Can RMS dump to Quiken via a QIF file or similar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C6DD6F.AE32C8F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, No. only QuickBooks --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with = newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System ...

IE5Setup.exe & Inbox Repair Tool #2
Outlook 2000 doesn't work. I'm freaking out. I have Windows XP Home Edition. Two error messages are popping up. When I try to get in Outlook 2000 to pop up says.... "Microsoft Outlook Express requires 4.01 or greater. You can install Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 by running IE5Setup.exe from the Internet Explorer folder where you installed Outlook or from the Internet Explorer site on Microsoft Web." When I go to my computer I have IE6Setup.exe, not IE5setup.exe and when I try to open it a pop up says "A newer version is installed, set up can't continue"...

security permissions #2
I have a user that gets a permissions error when they create an appointment in Outlook and click Track in CRM. She is using a security role that I configured and turned a bunch of stuff off. If I assign her the Admin role everything works fine. I've turned on all the obvious permissions, for example she has green lights all the way across Activity. I turned everything green on the Business Management Tab, but no luck. Could it possibly be something on the Customization tab? Doesn't make logical sense to me if it was. I'm pulling my hair out on this one... Any advice ...

Optimize Money DB
I recently upgrade from Money 2005 to 2008 My Money DB has been around since ~2001 and is over 25 MB When I was running 2005 there were many times when Money would just peg the CPU and churn away. This seems to be MUCH worse with 2008; when I startup it just churns for 10 minutes I was thinking of starting my DB over. I thought I would export the data from my current file as .qif Edit the quif to remove anyhting prior to 2006 Then reimport into 2008 Does this make sense? Any other suggestions are welcome Jeff Consider Nuke The Bills. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=187. It has wo...

Quicken
Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. What can I do? Matt On "Matt" <Matthew.Olson@fuse.net> wrote: >Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC >with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. >What can I do? Did you try doing CTRL ALT DEL and stopping all processes except Explorer and Systray. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =--...

Array Question Part 2
Some of this is extremely new to me. Code below is info I have been piecing together. From what I can determine the line below doesn't appear to be saving/appending my object $myCollection += new-object PSObject -properties $myServerObject If I use write-output on any of the select-strings commands it is properly updating $myServerObject with the expected value. Does any one see what is wrong with this code? $Servers = Import-CSV -Path $fileServers # Create an array to store objects $myCollection = @() # Parse all the servers foreach($Server in $Servers) { ...

Money 2003 #8
Will 2003 run with Explorer ver 5. I understand explorer ver 6 has problems with the Me system. No. Probably. Doesn't everything have problems with the Me System? "echo" <edhof@one.net> wrote in message news:0c5301c3511d$402bf570$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Will 2003 run with Explorer ver 5. I understand explorer > ver 6 has problems with the Me system. ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

Send from another app #2
With Outlook closed and I try to send something from another app, such as send webpage from IE, the mail stays in the outbox until Outlook is opened. Is there a way to process the outgoing mail even though outlook (2003) is not open? Thx No. "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:Z4_gc.29490$ru4.29337@attbi_s52... > With Outlook closed and I try to send something from another app, such as > send webpage from IE, the mail stays in the outbox until Outlook is opened. > Is there a way to process the outgoing mail even though outlook (2003) ...

Closing many CInternetSession objects #2
Greetings, My application suppose to identify one web site for a pool of about 100 different websites. i.e at any given time it is connected to only one website (say google.com), however it does not know what is this website (it could be yahoo.com, microsoft.com, etc). Before it does anything else, it must first identify what website it is connected to (i.e if it is google.com, yahoo.com,...) To speed up things, the application uses many threads, each checks for a different website from the pool. (i.e one thread checks if the website is yahoo.com, the other thread checks if the website is go...

need help money 2004!
What are the "rules" for money's matching transactions? I find that it constantly mismatches items when the name is different and the amount is different. Is there a way to direct it to "only" match exact amaounts? I don't need it to attempt to match to similar entries. Money 2004 deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, Scott Jones wrote: >What are the "rules" for money's matching transactions? I >find that it constantly mismatches items when the name is >different and the amount is different. Is there a way to >direct it to "only...