Quicken Password protected

I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my
data from Quicken and the program says there is a password
for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a
password. No way to get past this. Any ideas?
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older.
Otherwise, who knows?

"Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my
> data from Quicken and the program says there is a password
> for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a
> password. No way to get past this. Any ideas?

POP3 Password Rejected
I access an Exchange 2003 server with OE6. Access and authentication normally works with no problems. Recently, I've been getting the following error message: There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop3.myserver.com', Server: 'pop3.myserver.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 This happens only occasionally. After a while, with absolutely no configurat...

Enter Network Password
New computer running XP and using Outlook 2002. I keep getting a box appear that's title "Enter Network Password". "Please type in user name and password". I don't have a network. This thing appears every few minutes all day long. It will not remember the password and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is very annoying. Any hints will be appreciated. At first I was using Outlook Express and it appeared then also. thank you. This didn't work. Still getting that annoying pop up=20 window "Enter Network Password". Once again... I...

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Password Prompt
I have a file that is set to prompt for a password at startup for write access. I would like to give someone a copy of the file that is not set to prompt for password. How do I remove the protection. I don't want to give out the password. File>Save As>Tools>General Options. Delete the password from here and save the workbook with a new name. Send that to the "someone". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:53:01 -0800, "LuhElle" <LuhElle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a file that is set to prompt for a password at startu...

protected sheet
somehow i am not able to use the "protect worksheet", "protect workbook", or "allow users to edit ranges" option under tools>protection...what has happened? Perhaps the workbook is "shared" which can make these unavailable. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:11:02 -0800, "91syncro" <91syncro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >somehow i am not able to use the "protect worksheet", "protect workbook", or >"allow users to edit ranges" option under tools>protection...what has >happ...

Password forgetfulness
A variation on the usual Outlook won't remeber my password/username. Had to reinstall Office XP. Anyway got the usual situ. where Outlook 2002 wouldn't remeber password so went into registry and the Protected Storage System Provider. That's when the problem started as there weren't any sub-files to delete. Tried exporting some then deleting but still no joy. Before I have to take the drastic step of reformatting - and the inevitable tears and heartaches that causes - any suggestions as I've tried everything I can think of. Having to access my emails only online is a pain. T...

Password Protection #7
How do I place a password on a file to prevent other users from opening it? On the help screen it say to go to Tools>General Options. However, the Tools dropdown menu has no such category. There is Options but not General Options. And the Options one doesn't have password protection in it. Please help. Thanks, Andrew Hi Andrew! In all Versions it is under the Save As dialog but there are variations: Excel 97 and, I believe, before: File > Save As Press Options Button Select from alternatives available Impose or Change password OK Re-confirm password or passwords OK Sav...

Quicken covert
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have been a Quicken user for many years, but I have now been informed by Intuit that after Jan 31st 2005 they will no longer support Quicken. Therefore I have purchased MS Money 2005 Premium. I am using an XP machine with Quicken XG and as I have said MS Money 2005. I have tried to convert the Quicken file, but Money fails to convert many of the Categories, I have also exported each account out of Quicken and used the restore account function in Money to import the QIF file, this has proved a little more successful however there are still ...

Protecting files from being deleted, renamed & moved. But data entry possible
Hi, I have a group of 30 people who are supposed to enter their personal folder on a shared drive, put their monthly data into an excel file and safe it. Because the excel file is linked to a couple of other files they shouldn't be able to delete, rename or move the file. Also they shouldn't be able to create copies of it in the same folder or change permissions, take ownership etc. On the folder level I give full control to the individual user, which I then curb under the advanced options (right click on folder-properties-security- advanced) Subfolders and files inherit the setting...

Password problem in Outlook-2002
I have been using Outlook-2002 in XP-Professional edition. I have configured 2 POP-3 mail accounts in Outlook. During send/receice process, it asks for the password for one account eventhough I checked 'remember password' in the configuration. If I re-enter the password during download, it is checking mails for one account, for another account, it is just hanging for a while and reports as 'server timed out'. But if I edit the account thro' Tools menu and re-enter the password (already exists) and then press 'send/receive', it is downloading the mails f...

Autofilter not working with protection
Hi there, I created a protection for an excel sheet. I used the option "Allow users to edit ranges". I created several ranges and one of the ranges is a group called Admins, they can do anything. I selected in the "protect sheet" all the options. If an user with the Admin group select the whole sheet the user can not use the option autofilter, it is grey. Is this correct when you use a protected option that this this option is unavaiable? We are using Office XP. Thanks for the help. Albert. Hi Into workbooks Open event, for every protected sheet, you want to allow...

Exchange/Outlook password problem
Hello all, I have a user that changed her logon password, and ever since then, has to re-enter her username and password to get into outlook. At first i thought it was a replication problem, but she can login against all three of our domain controllers with no problems. It's just outlook that asks her to re-authenticate. we're running: windows 2003 server, sp1 on all servers exchange 2003 sp1 clients are windows xp, sp2, outlook 2003 sp1 any ideas? everything worked fine before she changed her password. thanks. Steve "Stephen Corcoran" <sbcorcor@comcast.net>...

Outlook fails to remember password
I currently run Windows XP, with Microsoft Office 2000. Up until a couple of months ago, Outlook would remember my password when checking for new messages. Now if I clck remember password, it doesn't. Through Control Panel, e-mail properties, I have remember password checked, but it won't etain my password. I have also run Outlook's Detect and Repair...still no help. What do you suggest next? Thanks in advance I found the solution on the Microsoft support website. You have to search the Microsoft Knowledge Base. It is article number 235864. If you do not know where...

Password #19
I have forgotten the password to my Money file (.mny). Does any one know the byte location of the password in the file and what it has to be changed to for 'no password' assigned. Thanks If it were that easy, what good would a password be? Have you read the FAQ? A pointer to it along with a recommendation to read it before posting was posted last evening. I'm sure it has the answer to this question and more. "Jack Costner" <j_costnr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:101bd01c3f40e$502e31b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have forgotten the password to my Money ...

Timing of Outlook Password
It is taking "a while" (5+ seconds) for Outlook to ask for my password, meanwhile it allows access to my information:( Anyway to not allow any access until the password is requested... It seems that this would be a little safer! Thanks. ...

Quicken
Can RMS dump to Quiken via a QIF file or similar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C6DD6F.AE32C8F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, No. only QuickBooks --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with = newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System ...

Password Protect the Unhide Sheet Function
Excel Protection Question. I would like to be hide an individual Sheet in a Workbook and the password protect the Unhide function so that only selected Users ca re-open the individual Sheet. There are multiple sheets in the workbook and only one Sheet contain sensitive data. Thanks for any responses. -Ji -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi first hide the sheet and then protect the workbook ('Tools - Protection') and assign a password for this. Note: these kind of passwords can easily be cracked by a determined user -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Outook 2002 email password
I have Outlook 2002 installed on a Vista notebook. (It might not be relevent, but Outlook came on my ActiveSync disc, which I have upgraded to WMDC and it works fine.) My problem is that each time I close Outlook and reopen it, it loses my email PW and I have to reenter it. Each time, I check the box to "Save this password in your password list," and I also have "Remember password" checked in my Internet email settings. It remembers my username and all the other settings just fine, it just forgets my PW. Not a huge deal, but my PW is kind of long, so it's a ...

It wont forget Quicken
I converted Quicken 2001 to Money 2002 and the browser is still telling me Quicken 2001. It *was* a long time ago now and I do want to forget Quicken, also I am considering upgrading to M2003 (UK) so I would like to sort it before doing that, but how? I just want it to be referring to Money not Quicken. Can I buy an upgrade to 2002? (UK) or do I have to buy the retail 2003? -- Old Grizzly http://www.cadskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/london/ "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi The browser is telling you? Where is this and w...

Protecting Worksheets and hiding based on password
I did a search on this and got close but not exactly what I was lookin for. I would like to password protect worksheets within a workbook. would like the password window to open upon opening the workbook, th user would enter their password, then the appropriate sheets would b displayed. Is this possible? I have 3 sheets each for an individua user and a chart that graphically charts the three users progress. S when user one opens the workbook they enter their password and se their worksheet only and so on for all the other users. Thanks Bdun -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Password protection
I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. My questions are: 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? 2) if I use a PST password - can it be the same as the profile password? 3) I am correct in saying that when I get prompted for the profile to use - it will prompt me for both the PST and Profile password? John D Leonard -- Sage <sage.grp@comcast.net> wrote: > I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. > > My questions are: > 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? I've never heard of one. > 2) if I use a PST pass...

Quicken
Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. What can I do? Matt On "Matt" <Matthew.Olson@fuse.net> wrote: >Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC >with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. >What can I do? Did you try doing CTRL ALT DEL and stopping all processes except Explorer and Systray. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =--...

word 2000 protected document not protected in 2007
We mostly still use office 2000 and are planning to move to 2010 hopefully this year. We have a few users that have office 2007 and when they open documents that were created and password protected in office 2000 it allows them to make changes and save the file. Any reason for this or way to get around this? ...

Protection and warning popup
I understand how to protect the whole sheet and allow certain cells to be populated. two part question. 1) is there a way to allow the cursor to only spot or start with the unlocked cells? Almost like a fillable PDF? I had an excel sheet where it ignored the protected areas and only went to the unprotected user cells. 2) If the above cannot be done, how do you turn off that "this sheet is protected" popup? My users will find out they can't change the sheet, but don't want them to get as annoyed as I do when I accidently click the wrong cell. Thanks. -- Continuou...

password
Outlook 2000 can't remember my password. I have to retype it everytime I check my emails. Thanks, Ray ...