Quicken file conversion #3

I am getting the following error when I try to convert my Quicken 2004 file
to Money 2005 Premium.  It is not that big of a file (about 6 MB) and I got
plenty of disk space and memory... Anyone know what is going on?
Your Quicken file could not be converted.
Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk
space or system memory.
Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your
file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again

Thanks!
0
Rafael (25)
11/17/2004 5:13:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Rafael wrote:

>I am getting the following error when I try to convert my Quicken 2004 file
>to Money 2005 Premium.  It is not that big of a file (about 6 MB) and I got
>plenty of disk space and memory... Anyone know what is going on?

There has been an automatically downloading update of Money 2005
just announced as being there soon. I don't know if that will have a
modification that will help your conversion, or not.

I would do internet updates within Money for the next few days, and
when that updates occurs, try the conversion again. Help->About...
and checking the version will be a good way to see if an update has
been applied.

Here are some general things that could also help, but I would still
prefer to do the conversion after the anticipated update:

First do Validate in Quicken. I think that is File->Validate.

Rick Hess posted that in Quicken you can select File->Copy, and let
it make a copy of your file.  This routine will, among other
things, defragment your Quicken file.  Then convert the copy.

Change all custom types to standard Quicken types.  Any custom type
will be converted to type Mutual Fund by Money.

Consider having a minimum of other things running when you do
the conversion in Money.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560
describes Clean boot etc.

If the above are not successful, consider Super-Validate in
Quicken.  Hold Ctrl+Shift keys down during the Validate process.
However http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/2003/win/6148.html
warns of unneeded super-validate.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/17/2004 5:49:19 PM
I had same error, trying to convert Quicken 2002 to Money 2003 and 2004.  I
tried all the validate, super validate etc, and it didn't make any
difference whatsoever.  I finally bit the bullet and made a QIF files for
each account and read them into Money.  BTW, there are suggestions in the
archive for this group about sorting the QIF files, and reading them all in
at once.

While reading the QIF files, there was one investment account that Money
generated lots of errors reading the QIF, so I went back to Quicken,
deleted that account, tried again to run the converter - and it worked!  I
read in the 1 QIF file for the account that had trouble, and everything was
there.

You could perhaps avoid all the QIF nonsense by making a copy of your
Quicken file, deleting accounts to see which one(s) might be causing your
problem.

Overall, I've been happy I made the change.

TM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:13:03 -0800, Rafael wrote:

> I am getting the following error when I try to convert my Quicken 2004 file
> to Money 2005 Premium.  It is not that big of a file (about 6 MB) and I got
> plenty of disk space and memory... Anyone know what is going on?
> Your Quicken file could not be converted.
> Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk
> space or system memory.
> Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your
> file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again
>
> Thanks!
Thank you Cal and Treadmill.... I have tried all of Cal's suggestions with no
luck.  I will try your suggestions Treadmill and see if I can get it done.

"Treadmill" wrote:

> I had same error, trying to convert Quicken 2002 to Money 2003 and 2004.  I
> tried all the validate, super validate etc, and it didn't make any
> difference whatsoever.  I finally bit the bullet and made a QIF files for
> each account and read them into Money.  BTW, there are suggestions in the
> archive for this group about sorting the QIF files, and reading them all in
> at once.
>
> While reading the QIF files, there was one investment account that Money
> generated lots of errors reading the QIF, so I went back to Quicken,
> deleted that account, tried again to run the converter - and it worked!  I
> read in the 1 QIF file for the account that had trouble, and everything was
> there.
>
> You could perhaps avoid all the QIF nonsense by making a copy of your
> Quicken file, deleting accounts to see which one(s) might be causing your
> problem.
>
> Overall, I've been happy I made the change.
>
> TM
>

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:13:03 -0800, Rafael wrote:
>
> > I am getting the following error when I try to convert my Quicken 2004 file
> > to Money 2005 Premium.  It is not that big of a file (about 6 MB) and I got
> > plenty of disk space and memory... Anyone know what is going on?
> > Your Quicken file could not be converted.
> > Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk
> > space or system memory.
> > Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your
> > file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Rafael (25)

Outlook (Office XP) #3
I have set up my Outlook on my home PC to mirror the setup of my email account at church. I have made this email account the default account but cannot send a test message or get any in box messages to show (there are few message in the in box). I would like to be able to check for emails on my church address from home without having to connect to a church PC. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > I have set up my Outlook on my home PC to mirror the setup of my email > account at church. I have made this email account the default account &g...

Data Files
How do I change the save location of my money file from the default location to a location of my choice (an external usb drive) In money: Tools button Options... Back-up tab Save in: box Make changes as desired. Or use Browse button >-----Original Message----- >How do I change the save location of my money file from >the default location to a location of my choice (an >external usb drive) >. > Thanks. I will give this a try. >-----Original Message----- >In money: >Tools button >Options... >Back-up tab >Save in: box >Make changes as desired. &...

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Quicken covert
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have been a Quicken user for many years, but I have now been informed by Intuit that after Jan 31st 2005 they will no longer support Quicken. Therefore I have purchased MS Money 2005 Premium. I am using an XP machine with Quicken XG and as I have said MS Money 2005. I have tried to convert the Quicken file, but Money fails to convert many of the Categories, I have also exported each account out of Quicken and used the restore account function in Money to import the QIF file, this has proved a little more successful however there are still ...

Employee Expense Description on Check Stub #3
How do you add the description from Employee Expense Entry in Project Accounting to the Payables check with stub on top and bottom? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name.
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

Writing to an xml file
A code snippet from an xml file that I want to edit: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ROOT> <WEB> <THEME>Default</THEME> I am trying to replace the 'InnerText' - Default with the text present in a textbox 'txt1'. How do I accomplish the above? Thanks in advance. Something like the following should get you going: XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load(yourfile); XmlNode root = doc.DocumentElement; XmlNode theme = root.SelectSingleNode("/WEB/THEME"); if (theme != null) { theme.InnerText = txt1.T...

Document Conversion works to word
I have a user sending MS Works documents to work from home but MS Word can not open the document. What do I need to do to convert document? Thanks In article <987301c34625$dffb2ba0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, andruccs@monroe.army.mil says... > I have a user sending MS Works documents to work from home > but MS Word can not open the document. What do I need to > do to convert document? > Thanks > Can Works save as RTF or *.doc? -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Help with a PST file
Two years ago I archived some messages that were old. I called the file "Email from Joe before 123103.pst" The file is 66,032 kb in size. I am trying to open it by File/Outlook Data File/ and choosing the file. All I get is "Archive Folders" being added with Deleted Items and Search Folders as subfolders. Can someone help me import the messages from Joe? Are you certain you are migrating to the correct PST file when you open it? You failed to state your Outlook version or in what view you are trying to view this file. Make sure you use Folder List view so you ca...

How can I store file in SQL back end
Hi, I want to create a file management DB to manage file for my unit. I have a table having ID (Int) and FileContent (varbinary(MAX)). From Access how can I save file to FileContent field? SF On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:03:23 +0700, "SF" <samnangs@pactcambodia.org> wrote: That may not be the best idea. Check the SQL 2008 Books Online on the topic "FILESTREAM Storage". -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi, > >I want to create a file management DB to manage file for my unit. I have a >table having ID (Int) and FileContent (varbinary(...

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
I restarted my 2003SB Server today and now the HTTP protocol on my Exchange 2003 HTTP virtual server is not running. When I try to start it, I get the following message. ================== Cannot create a file when that file already exists. Facility: Win32 ID no: 800700b7 Exchange System Manager ================== Cant access via OWA. Any ideas? ...

Weird File Open/Save As Behavior
A client of ours has one particular file that has some very strange behavior as described below. This only occurs with the one particular file and the behavior is consistent across different PC's in both their office and ours. All other Excel files in both offices work fine. Here's what happens: - you can use Windows Explorer to copy the file between drives without a problem (as expected) - if you open the file in Excel on one drive then save it back to that same drive with either the same file name or a different file name, the file works fine (as expected) - if you open the fil...

Outlook2000 #3
I'm beginning to get too many junk and/or sexual e-mails and I wonder if it's possible to set the junk e-mail filter so as to capture all e-mails from senders not in my address list and then thereafter alter the filter to allow those few legitimate msgs that I decide to accept. There's nothing built into Outlook 2000 to do that. Your best bet (aside from upgrading to Outlook 2003, which has much improved spam filtering technology) is to go with a third party anti-spam program such as Mailwasher or IHateSpam. It will be easier to do that than to try to get Outlook's rul...

Quicken
Can RMS dump to Quiken via a QIF file or similar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C6DD6F.AE32C8F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, No. only QuickBooks --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with = newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System ...

adding 3 columns to a combo box
I am having trouble adding a 3 column list to a combo box, I am first removing all duplicates and then sorting the list then saving to an array. I would then like to add the next two columns of the list to the array to match the original list. Is there an easier way to do this? Required: combo box with three columns retrieved from spreadsheet sorted with no duplicates Thanks in advance for your great help. Here is what I have so far Private Sub RemoveDuplicates(ByVal strlstType As String, NoDupes As Collection) Dim AllCells As Range, Cell As Range Dim I As Integer, j As Integer Dim Sw...

.log Files?
I have a Win2k + E2k server setup. I have noticed that my available drive space keeps getting smaller. After further investigation I have noticed that Exchange is created 3 to 4 .log files a day, all in the 5+mb range. They are stored in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata folder and all follow the naming convention of E0000???.log Where the ??? look to be sequential hex numbers. 1. Why does Exchange create these log files and what is their purpose? 2. Do I need these log files for any reason? 3. How can I turn it off so it doesn't eat 100+mb of disk space every week? Thanks!! ...

Importing CSV files
I want to create a CSV file to import directly into EXCEL but have the following problem. Say for example I want to import a Credit Card Number with the digits 4218000012344321 and other information like the first and last name. I create the following CSV file. "Bob","Jones","4218000012344321" "John","Bobbins","4218000043211234" When I double click the CSV file, it opens in Excel but the following happens Column A will have BOB and John - which is correct Column B will have Jones and Bobbins - again which is correct but Column ...

Low Level Text File Printing
I am using Access 2003, VBA, and am trying to create a comma delimited text file. I am having a problem with a CF + LF put at the end of each print command. Because I have a lot of fields, I need to break each line up into several PRINT statements. Since Print ends with the CF+LF character , each line is being broken up into several lines. Can I prevent Print from appending a CF+LF? Is there another command which does not append CF+LF? An example is below. It should be one line, but it is coming out as two. Thanks Mike Thomas strLine = "The first part of the line -- &quo...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

xml file data source
I would like to run SELECT SQL queries against DataTable's in my DataSet which has been initialized with ReadXml. Has anyone done this? What is the connect string, provider, etc? How? DataSet is a disconnected in memory cache of data. Irrespective of how you populate it, you can always use a DataView or the Select method on DataTable to query it. Look here [1] for examples. Specifically [2] --VV [MS] vascov@microsoft.com [1] http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/ [2] http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/adoplus/FilterData.aspx "Dirk" <d> wrote ...

Quicken
Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. What can I do? Matt On "Matt" <Matthew.Olson@fuse.net> wrote: >Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC >with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. >What can I do? Did you try doing CTRL ALT DEL and stopping all processes except Explorer and Systray. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =--...

Does Excel file retain link to template?
In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand alone once it's saved? Thanks in advance! Stands alone once saved. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:38:01 -0800, Sherlock <Sherlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. >Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand >alone once it's saved? > >Thanks in advance! ...

Transfer files
Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? Yes. -- Ronin "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > Yes and No! "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > "dan&quo...

problem saving to file an HTML email message
When I try to save an HTML email message to a file I get an error message saying "Out of memory or system resources - close some windows or programs and try again." I have closed all other windows/programs except Outlook and I still get this message. I can save other non-HTML messages as text without problem. This is with OL98 and WinXP. And ideas on how to save an HTML message? Thanks for any ideas. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com ...

temp files
How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. Type %temp% in Start - All Programs - Accessories - Run -- .. -- "Karen F" <fetter@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:%23FWmmtPrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary > internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. You can also Download and use ccleaner.exe works great. http://www.ccleaner.com/ Russ -- Russel...