Quicken can't find my 2007 Money file

I recently attempted to install "Q" 2010 but it won't import from my 2007
Money file. It says it can't find it.
I tried using their "chat" support but chickened out when the rep wanted me
to import Money 2008. My Money file is nearly 20 years old and contains my
complete financial history for that time period. I am paranoid about
protecting it.
Anybody have any thoughts about why "Q" can't find my file?
It isn't imperative that I convert now ....or in the future probably.... but
I thought I would test the water.
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

If Q can't find it, where's it looking? Can you find it? (Do you know
where/how/what to look for?) Where are you looking? Can you tell Quicken
where to look?

"Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently attempted to install "Q" 2010 but it won't import from my 2007
> Money file. It says it can't find it.
> I tried using their "chat" support but chickened out when the rep wanted
> me
> to import Money 2008. My Money file is nearly 20 years old and contains my
> complete financial history for that time period. I am paranoid about
> protecting it.
> Anybody have any thoughts about why "Q" can't find my file?
> It isn't imperative that I convert now ....or in the future probably....
> but
> I thought I would test the water.

0
Dick
1/30/2010 2:50:55 PM
On 1/30/2010 9:37 AM, Roger wrote:
> I recently attempted to install "Q" 2010 but it won't import from my 2007
> Money file. It says it can't find it.
> I tried using their "chat" support but chickened out when the rep wanted me
> to import Money 2008. My Money file is nearly 20 years old and contains my
> complete financial history for that time period. I am paranoid about
> protecting it.
> Anybody have any thoughts about why "Q" can't find my file?
> It isn't imperative that I convert now ....or in the future probably.... but
> I thought I would test the water.

Quicken 2010 needs a working install of Money 2007 Deluxe or Money Plus
Deluxe in order to convert your file.  Just having the data file on the
Quicken 2010 system isn't good enough.

If Money 2007 Deluxe is installed on this computer, run Money 2007
Deluxe, open your file, and then close Money.  Then, open Quicken 2010,
and it should find it automatically as your most recently used file.

If Money 2007 Deluxe or Money Plus Deluxe is not installed on the
computer where you installed Quicken 2010 (such as if you're keeping
Money 2007 installed on a different computer for backup/safety reasons),
you'll need to install it (or the Money Plus Deluxe trial) on the
computer you're using for the conversion.  This is probably why
Quicken's support rep wanted you to install the Money Plus Deluxe trial.

Once you have Money 2007 Deluxe or Money Plus Deluxe installed, open
your file with Money, close Money, and try running Quicken 2010 again.

Another possibility here is if your OS is Windows Vista or 7, and your
data file is stored in "Program Files".  If this is the case, Windows
made a virtual copy of the file under your user file hierarchy, which
you will probably have to hunt down and move to your "Documents" area.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com
Scott Tyler wrote:

> Quicken 2010 needs a working install of Money 2007 Deluxe or Money
> Plus Deluxe in order to convert your file.  Just having the data file
> on the Quicken 2010 system isn't good enough.

I believe you need a Money version installed that matches the Money
version of the Money file you want to convert.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

0
John
1/31/2010 3:21:14 AM
Thanks for your reply, Scott

I have Money 2007 Premium installed. Where does this version fit in the
hierarchy? Do I still need to have "Deluxe" or "Plus" installed?

In microsoft.public.money, Roger wrote:

>I have Money 2007 Premium installed. Where does this version fit in the
>hierarchy? Do I still need to have "Deluxe" or "Plus" installed?

You should be fine with that.

If you open Money 2007 and close it, I would expect the Quicken
converter to be able to find your file.
0
Cal

Since we installed Office 2007, Outlook 2003 no longer runs
Hello, One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office 2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not work. When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I need more memory or system resources. Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without any result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. What could I try now? Regards, ...

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Need to find directions to build a family genogram
Psychologist has me displaying my family connections by use of a 'genogram' (gen-o-gram)? I want more directions so I may complete this before my next appointment. I need all of the help I can get. It is using boxes and circles and triangles for specific family relationships and they are also color coded. cdwangels5_@hotmail.com Thanks for any help Here is a good example of how to do it... The components are displayed on the next page. This is a really good URL for what you are trying to do. http://www.genopro.com/genogram/ Good luck. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

MS Money Small Business for Canada
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. It is not going to be suitable for your Canadian business. ...

Find Now returns "no items found" in a public folder when it should find something
I have an SBS 2003 server running with Outlook 2003 clients. In one particular public folder if the user selects this folder in Outlook and uses the "find" button, types in the criteria in the "look for" field and clicks the "find now" button - Outlook does not find anything (there things to be found) and comes up with a "no items found" message. If the user uses advanced find from the "options" drop down menu - then the search works! But when the user trys this seach in other public folders (with the relevant search criteria) - it works....

Finding old email
I have a new computer and can't find my old email. I had my old hard drive put on my new one as a separate archived drive, but don't know what folder my email was stored in. I used outlook express and am now using outlook. Does anyone know what "*." file i can search for to find my email? On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:52:58 -0700, "Kim" <kim@primapharm.net> wrote: >I have a new computer and can't find my old email. I had >my old hard drive put on my new one as a separate archived >drive, but don't know what folder my email was stored in. &g...

Can I convert or compress an Avi file so it will fit on a blank DVD ?
Hello there! Perhaps Panzy or any other experts out there could help me with this? I downloaded the program called 'Videos to DVD converter V3.1' by 'Koyote Soft-2009' which Panzy kindly informed me of but I have come up against a slight problem. I have found the formula to put my downloaded films on to DVD to watch on my regular DVD player using this software. The first three films all Avi's, fitted within the size bands of the DVD window of 4.7 GB or 120 minutes determining the size of my blank DVD's. The last couple of films I have downloaded h...

2007 Forms
I created a split form that is based on a query and was hoping that I could use the Quick Filter option, but it does not display any values with the respective check boxes, just Sort and Text or Number filters. There aren't that many records, and some of the fields contain the 2 letter state codes, surely that should work. Quick filter do however work just fine if I open the table. What am I missing here ? Thanks I just created a split form to test. The quick filters worked just the same as in the table. Perhaps you could create a test split form based on a diffe...

Print on outlook 2007
Dear all, I am use Microsoft outlook 2007 for receive e-mals, when a mail more then one pages, how can i use print slection/some numbers of pages in a mail? thanks. "Muhammad Younas" <Muhammad Younas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F323AC5E-975B-450D-ADFB-4D26C44992F9@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > I am use Microsoft outlook 2007 for receive e-mals, when a mail more then > one pages, how can i use print slection/some numbers of pages in a mail? > > thanks. Open the email and do Other Actions (in the Actions section) and click on View in B...

scatter chart with gaps in series (XL 2007)
Hi, I am plotting large blocks of data on a scatter plot. I want to change my data and update though charts automatically so I use a series of if statements to generate the data I will plot. My data should have numerous blanks so I can make my if statement give me a blank string, or zero value , or some other value, or NA() when my test fails and otherwise give me the result I want to plot. Fine. Null strings are plotted as 0, NA()’s are not plotted. But the parts of the plot ranges containing data (where the data passed my test) are connected by straight lines (representing the parts ...

How do I hide the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007?
The ribbon takes up so much space I bought a 3rd party program. Now I would like to get rid of the QAT. Thx Get rid of the QAT only? Button>Excel Options>Customize. Uncheck "Show QAT below the ribbon" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:20:01 -0800, D7 <D7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The ribbon takes up so much space I bought a 3rd party program. >Now I would like to get rid of the QAT. >Thx D7 wrote: > The ribbon takes up so much space I bought a 3rd party program. > Now I would like to get rid of the QAT. ...

Hotmail on Outlook 2003
Hi, I use hotmail on outlook 2003 - outlook creates a pst file for hotmail account but unfortunately it is office 97-2002 pst file type so once it reaches 2GB it stops working and asks me to delete stuff to make more room. My question is how to resolve the issue? I wonder if I can switch hotmail account to the newer pst type so I don't have to worry about size, does anybody know if that is possible? I tried to create a new pst file and then rename it to hotmail's pst filename but that did not work. Thanks, Ofer "organizer" wrote in message news:322451d9-1895-4f75-8f39-e7...

Explorer File List
Is there a way to list all files in a directory into a database in excel i.e. with a row for each file and columns of the listed file properties from explorer. See Directory List http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/dirlist/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <273e701c463e6$523269c0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Is there a way to list all files in a directory into a > database in excel i.e. with a row for each file ...

need to find out what to do
to whom it may concern i bought this excel version three at a tag sale and it has never beed open and i can't use it on my cumpter because it is to old i would like to know if you take them back if they have not been open thank you Only if your tag sale gives refunds. No one else will/should be responsible. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:26:35 -0700, "dtooley@bellsouth.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > to whom it may concern > i bo...

Capitalisation in Find and Replace operations
Hi, I'm just writing because I have noticed an odd thing that Word does when doing a "find and replace", and was wondering whether anyone know the reason or a fix for it. Basically, I have found that if you ask Word to replace the word "foo" (please excuse the word!) with the word "test", if the original word is uppercase as in "FOO", Word will replace it with "TEST". Similarly, if the original word is capitalised "Foo", Word will replace it with "Test", even if you want it to replace it with "test"...

Analysing data imported from MS Money
Hi Excel experts, I'm struggling with something that is probably quite simple. I've imported a whole load of financial transactions from MS Money. They're in a worksheet of their own called "Money data". Key data: Column B has date of transaction Column F has the amount Column H has the category into which the transaction falls Within the same workbook in a separate worksheet called "Annual figures" I want to have a table of total annual expenditure month-by- month from each category. Here are the columns I currently have in that worksheet. Column A: a list ...

Single Front End File with Form that Can by Filtered By User
I’ve got an Expense Report DB that I split into a back-end (tables) and multiple front-ends (for my users). I understand why one needs to split the DB, however because I’ve tailored the switchboard and some other forms to the users (using filters, etc) I now realize I’ve created a maintenance nightmare. These users will not be creating any forms, reports, macros or functions. They will simply be adding or possibly deleting records from the tables via their forms. From what I've experienced, a FE doesn't lock multiple users out if they are only running queries or populating tables. ...

Outlook 2007 in Microsoft Office
When I click on a date in Calendar eveything starts flashing and the program is not useable. I have to click on Ctrl,Alt, Delete to stop the flashing and then everything works well. Has anybody got any ideas please? David ...

Quicken covert
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have been a Quicken user for many years, but I have now been informed by Intuit that after Jan 31st 2005 they will no longer support Quicken. Therefore I have purchased MS Money 2005 Premium. I am using an XP machine with Quicken XG and as I have said MS Money 2005. I have tried to convert the Quicken file, but Money fails to convert many of the Categories, I have also exported each account out of Quicken and used the restore account function in Money to import the QIF file, this has proved a little more successful however there are still ...

"Find" Dialog question
Is there a way to get Excel's "Find" dialog to recognize only strings at the beginning of a cell? Say I have a list of names and I want to jump down to "Manning", if I put "man" in the find dialog, it will first jump me down to "Herman". There are switches in Word that will only look for a string at the beginning of a longer string, but I don't see that in Excel. I couldn't figure out how to try using a =Left() formula in the Find dialog. Andy How about searching for man* (note the asterisk), but check the "match entire cell cont...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name.
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

where do i find my product key to enter in my microsoft office
Where do i find my key to enter in microsoft offic so i can use it Depends on where you got Microsoft Office from. susyberry wrote: > Where do i find my key to enter in microsoft offic so i can use it If you purchased a DVD, the product key is on a label attached to the DVD case. If you purchased a download, the product key is in the email that contains the link to the installer. There's probably another copy of it on your invoice. In any case, don't lose that product key! You'll need it if you ever need to reinstall the software. Daddy "susy...

Quicken
Can RMS dump to Quiken via a QIF file or similar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C6DD6F.AE32C8F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, No. only QuickBooks --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with = newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System ...

How change stock/co. name in Money '02?
I use Money '02 on Win XP.(I haven't upgraded to a later version because my understanding is that the later versions are more closely tied to MSN Money, which is NOT something I desire.) One of the stocks/companies I own has undergone a name change, from Duke Power to Spectrum Energy. So when I download my holdings info from my brokerage site, Money says 'Add 100 shares Spectrum Energy.' But I don't want to add those shares, not unless I can show that they are the Duke Power I bought a couple of years ago, with all that Duke history carrying over to Spectrum. I look...

Add author in word 2007
I teach at a suburban St. Louis high school in which students login using Novell. In the past, we were able to go to the program file and in properties add as "author" the computer name. I have tried doing that in Office 2007 as well as through the Options tool bar under the Microsoft Window as an administrator but it doesn't stay when students login and save their work. Being able to do this, helps us identify students who share work. Does any one have any ideas how to get this to work both in Word and Excel? Thank you -- Laura ...