Question--Payment and Deposit order in advance register

Hi Everyone:

I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner
transactions are posted in the advanced register.

I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a
single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first
and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment
transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of
the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to
have insufficient funds for those transactions.

Is there a setting to disable the automatic sorting so that the register
lists the transactions in the order they were entered? Thanks!

0
post4slyn (3)
2/27/2006 9:35:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, post4slyn wrote:

>I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner
>transactions are posted in the advanced register.
>
>I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a
>single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first
>and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment
>transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of
>the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to
>have insufficient funds for those transactions.
>
>Is there a setting to disable the automatic sorting so that the register
>lists the transactions in the order they were entered? Thanks!

View->SortBy->SortByEntryOrder can list the transactions in the
order they were entered.

There is not a setting to do what you probably want.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/27/2006 9:52:25 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Just one little difficulty and this may be a silly question, but where did
you find the View menu item in MS Money 2006? My menu items include File,
Edit, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Is there a tab or something I'm looking
for? Or, is there something I right click on for a context sensitve menu? It
may be right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it. Thanks again!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, post4slyn wrote:
>

> >I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner
> >transactions are posted in the advanced register.
> >
> >I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a
> >single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first
> >and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment
> >transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of
> >the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to
> >have insufficient funds for those transactions.
> >
> >Is there a setting to disable the automatic sorting so that the register
> >lists the transactions in the order they were entered? Thanks!
> >

> View->SortBy->SortByEntryOrder can list the transactions in the
> order they were entered.
>
> There is not a setting to do what you probably want.

0
post4slyn (3)
2/27/2006 11:23:20 PM
In microsoft.public.money, post4slyn wrote:

>Thanks for the reply.
>
>Just one little difficulty and this may be a silly question, but where did
>you find the View menu item in MS Money 2006? My menu items include File,
>Edit, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Is there a tab or something I'm looking
>for? Or, is there something I right click on for a context sensitve menu? It
>may be right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it. Thanks again!

Look lower.

Looking at an account register, just above the Date column heading,
is "View:" and a drop-down list.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/27/2006 11:30:03 PM
Thank you Cal!

Your help and patience is very much appreciated.

Have a GREAT DAY!!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, post4slyn wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the reply.
> >
> >Just one little difficulty and this may be a silly question, but where did
> >you find the View menu item in MS Money 2006? My menu items include File,
> >Edit, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Is there a tab or something I'm looking
> >for? Or, is there something I right click on for a context sensitve menu? It
> >may be right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it. Thanks again!
> >

> Look lower.
>
> Looking at an account register, just above the Date column heading,
> is "View:" and a drop-down list.

0
post4slyn (3)

Backup question

tracking personal loan/advances given to friends
Hi I have given money to friends and family as personal loans. Wondering how to keep track of these accounts? thanks sri Create an Asset account called "Loans to Friends" and transfer (not income or expense) any loans you have made to that account. When you receive payment, transfer the funds back. -- "srini" <srini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E223D712-3421-41C9-8104-83B6C7DF1B58@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have given money to friends and family as personal loans. Wondering how > to > keep track of these accounts? > &...

a question and a question

Re: Ordering a replacement disc.
I need a replacement disc for Publisher 2000 (disc 1)which cracked and is unusable. Does anyone know who to contact to order a replacement? "Jeanne Jelinek" wrote: > I need a replacement disc for Publisher 2000 (disc 1)which > cracked and is unusable. Does anyone know who to contact > to order a replacement? ===================================== To obtain replacement CD-ROMs or manuals, contact the Microsoft Replacement and Supplemental Parts Department at (800) 360-7561. When you call for a replacement CD, you may be asked to fax a copy of the store receipt to the Mic...

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

moving alternating rows to a column with the order staying the sam
I am working on a sheet that has more 11000+ rows. I need to move alternating rows to a column without having to do it manually. However, currently A1 correspondes with A2, A3 with A4, etc. How can I move it from: address1 switch#1 address2 switch#2 to: address 1 switch#1 address 2 switch#2 address 3 switch#3 one way In B1 place the formula =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,A2,"") Copy it all the way to the bottom - you should get alternating rows where the switch # lines up next to the correct address# If so, copy the entire column B, the Edit>Paste Special Values If you ne...

Exmerge Question #7

Sort order and seconday sort order
Hi I hope that someone can help? I have a table with two fields "Days since last contact" and diary date. I want to have a certain sort order whereby the records are sorted by diary date ascending if the diary date is < date()+1 and then by days since last contacted descending. However if the diary date is > date()+1 then I just want to sort by days since last contact Descending. The following is how I would like the data to appear DaysLastcontact DiaryDate 30.00 04/04/2007 7.00 04/04/2007 2.00 04/04/2007 30.00 05/04/2007 7.00 05/04/2007 2.00 05/04/2007 1.00 05/04/200...

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

Advanced Find Freezes
Hi there, I'm running Windows 7 with IE 8 and when I open advanced find and start to create my filter criteria it freezes. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Sophie Hi Sophie- I believe this has been addressed in UR9. Can you install this on your CRM server and test this again? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5869f2b3-d1a0-4f71-8be3-fde6e8053a2e Thanks! Shawn "SophieK" wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm running Windows 7 with IE 8 and when I open advanced find and start to ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

cannot create file: order.xls
cannot create file: xls right click the folder you want to creat the file in, and the click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permission for the folder Do you have permission to save to that folder? Can you save to another folder? This would be a Windows permissions issue and has nought to do with Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:50:01 -0800, shelby <shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >cannot create file: xls right click the folder you want to creat the file in, >and the click properties on the shortcut menu to che...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...