Question on Budgets for Money 2005

I am considering buying Money 2005.  I have a question about the budget
feature in Money 2005.  I was wondering if you can specify when the budget
starts and ends each month.  For instance, my budget goes from the middle of
the month to the middle of the next month.

Thanks for your help.
0
anonymous (74721)
9/19/2004 3:59:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The budget stuff has changed a bit (advanced budget (same as 2004) versus
the 'essential' budget), but having budgets running from custom dates is not
one of them.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am considering buying Money 2005.  I have a question about the budget
> feature in Money 2005.  I was wondering if you can specify when the budget
> starts and ends each month.  For instance, my budget goes from the middle
> of
> the month to the middle of the next month.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
glyn1 (1534)

MS MONEY 2004 Errors
I have MS MONEY 2004, but I am finding that when I try to download my transactions manually from my bank the program needs to restart. When I restart the account shows that it downloaded the information and shows the correct account balance......... BUT the transactions do not appear. When I try to download again it crashes. Based on what I mentioned do I need to reinstall? Is my data file corrupted? Will I lose my data? Thanks for all your help you can give me!! Maybe but probably not. Possibly. Probably not. In any case, you do have verified backups, don't you? You might want to re...

Encrypting Stored Procedures question
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas. One quick question. I understand that it is relatively easy to work around encrypted stored procedures. If I want to send my application into the wild with a couple of hundred stored procedures, how do I keep protect my code? Or is it just not possibly to do so? Is that why some folks do not use stored procs, but code everything in their applications? Just as a standard deployment guideline, would you recommend not encrypting the stored procedures? How do you deal with protecting your intellectual property? I am just looking for a rule-of-...

Money 2004 small business #3
I need help setting up a rental account. I want to manage my renters in various rental property, such as late fees, tracking payments, etc. In microsoft.public.money, Jackie Reid wrote: >I need help setting up a rental account. I want to >manage my renters in various rental property, such as >late fees, tracking payments, etc. We don't have landlords contributing here AFAIK. You might get some ideas from this search: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=rental&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=...

MS Access 2003 Question Opening MS Word file
Is there a way to tell Access to open a MS Word file in the same path where the database is physically located? If so, how would you write the command in VB? Thank you! Application.FollowHyperlink CurrentProject.Path & "\SomeFile.doc" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "NFL" <NFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842A9AE4-A399-4907-8951-81AF68233169@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to tell Access to open a MS Word file in the same path > where > the database is physi...

upgrade Money 4.0
Using Money 4.0 with XP. Getting error message when opening the program, but it still works after closing the error message. Interested in upgrading to 2004, but wonder if 2004 will import all account data info from 4.0. Sounds like a simple enough question, but I can't find anything on this, and sure don't want to lose any existing information just for the sake of upgrading. In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >Using Money 4.0 with XP. Getting error message when >opening the program, but it still works after closing the >error message. Interested in upgrading...

Backing up Money
Help!! I'm new to the Money program and I can't get it to back up my file. I have a Zip750 drive to which I want to back up my file. I found out last week that I can't use a Zip100 disk with this drive as it is not backward compatible to Zip 100. So I backed it up with a Zip250 as the drive is backward compatible to this size disk. This backup was done 6/21/04. Today (6/28/04) I went to back it up again and it won't let me do it. It keeps asking for 6 or 7 floppy disks to back it up on even though my backup clearly asks for Zip drive. I just can't back the ...

Money 2005 Bug: Create (not just add) account setup
Problem Description: List of banks or brokerages is *always* unavailable. Repro steps: 1) Create (not just add) new account using MS Money 2005 accepting all of the defaults. 2) Use or create a new passport to sign in. 3) Attempt to "Select a bank or brokerage" during the setup proccess and get the following error message: "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Expected: An actual list of banks or brokerages Problem Area: Setup Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer ma...

What do you want ? Peace and/or money in 2006/2007 latest. Here to see
I am finishing my year 2005 with some regrets and some joy. Maybe it is the same for you. Hope you had it better. There are creative people who come to your email box promising that next yeat shall be the end of the 7 year of drought. Heard that before? You know what - it has always been since the first 7 year of drought and 7 years of plenty. NOBODY knows for sure - even in this free economy. PERFECT knowledge is free - free to dream. But the one who looks into the POSSIBILITIES has the possibility to get the correct move. The one who never test never fails - and neither does he pass!!!...

Budget Settings Not Backed UP????
I have restored my money file from one machine to another, but the budget settings don't carry over. is there a way for me to do this? i am also wanting to upgrad from 2005 to 2006, but if i can't get my budget settings to transfer then i don't want to. Please advise. It ought to work but as a workaround try copying your .mny file from one machine to another rather than using backup. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specif...

Money Plus: First Usable Upgrade since M2002
I started using Quicken when it first came out. Don't actually remember when that was, mid 1980s I guess. I have all my bank data going back to 1/1/1980 but I did type in a few years of historical transactions shortly after I started using Quicken. Switched to Money when that first came out and upgraded every year to M2002. Demo-ed M2003,4,5 and 6, spent a lot of time carefully evaluating them. All were crap and I refused to upgrade. The new versions changed things for the sake of change, there was no new substance but plenty of clutter and some useful features were removed. D...

Moving Money Files to New Computer
I finally upgraded an old PC running Money 2002 with a new laptop running Money Essentials 2007. Unfortunately, this version refuses to recognize my ..mny file, saying its an old format, and the computer refuses to install Money 2002 as it says it already has a newer version. What can I do to use my .mny file that has many hours of work invested in keeping it current? Money Essentials cannot read a .mny file from any earlier version. Have you tried uninstalling Essentials from Control Panel? Then try installing M2002. Beware that Money is heavily regionalised and in addition to the...

Excel vba question
Is there any excel vba code that will accomplish the following: I have data entered in cells A1 thru E1 lets say (Name, Address, Zip, Country, and Phone). What I would like to be able to do is enter the requested information directly in the cells that contain the info as mentioned above. Then if I make a mistake or delete the info I typed in all together the original data returns. Example, In cell B2 it shows Address, so if I type in my address the word Address is replaced with my acutal address however, if I deleted my address the word Address would reappear. Hope someone out there underst...

VLOOKUP question #10
Hi there Excel Gurus. I have a long list of data in two columns, and I want to write a formula on a different sheet that finds the maximum of all values in column 2 that correspond to a given character string in column 1. For example. abc 3 bcd 5 cde 7 abc 2 def 4 abc 4 bcd 8 I need to find the maximum of all values corresponding to abc (ie. 4) or to bcd (ie. 8) where I can enter the required string in a cell next to my formula cell. Have tried filtering but if you use =MAX( ) on the visible date it still uses the entire range. Hope you get what I mean. Thanks in advance...

Menu Question
I wish to create a menu option that is onTop Menu ribbon of Excel 2007 and not in the Add-Ins menu option on the Top Menu. How do I accomplish this? In other words next to the "Home Insert Page Layout Formulas Data Review View Developer" list of ribbons would be another option "My Option". Hi Mike Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mike H." <MikeH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:818C2B8A-3520-4B0C-BF8A-1024EECE00CB@microsoft.com... >I w...

Line Chart Questions
How can I Update the Line Chart automatically having different groups of data entered? Eg. Operator key in figures from the numbers 1-2 in column A then the chart for this range is updated automatically. When Operator key in 3-4 in column A, then another chart for 3-4 range is updated. How to do this? ...

Enabling macro question can be ignored by mistake
We have Macros in our excel worksheets. In Excel 2003 when opening an excel worksheet with VBA code you could set it to ask on opening if the macros should be enabled or not and the question had to be answered before continuing, however with Excel 2007 you are asked but in a much more discreet way in the form of the message bar. If you happen not to see the security question or forget about it you could end up working on an excel worksheet where the macros are not running. Is there anyway to get Excel 2007 to ask the question about enabling macros without the user continuing until the ...

Excel Macro Question (simple I'm sure)
I have several Macro's that are written for excel, but I don't know how to get all of them to automatically run together as a single program. Can someone tell me how that is done. Currently each Macro is in a VB Style Sub Routine. Example: Sub DeleteTopRows ... ...code ... End Sub I have 8-10 of these sub routines that I want to string together. Thanks Sub DeleteTopRows ... ...code ... "enter the name of the next macro you want to run here" End Sub Do the same with all the others. HTH Regards, Howard "JCO" <someone@somew...

Communities Questions Not Posting
My last couple of Communities Questions have not posted. Can anyone tell me why? If I am doing something wrong or forgetting to do something, shouldn't someone tell me? If there is a service outage, how do I find that out? If the site is down, why can I read old messages, but not post new ones. Thanks to whomever may be able to answer. Candy It may be a server sync problem and you just can't see them - if you know the subject, try googling for it and your alias (although I suspect Candy gets billions of hits). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Out...

Money Downloads #3
When I download stock quotes, Money Updates are downloaded. What in Money is being updated? There was a largish patch downloaded on first Internet contact after M2005 was installed. The majority of it, I understand, was to do with MSN Money interaction. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specif...

Money 98 #2
Just upgraded computers and now have Windows XP home edition. My old computer had Windows 98 and had Money 98 as well. I copied the Money 98 files to my new computer along with the Money program. Unfortunately, since loading the program on my new computer, I am unable to access my files. I keep getting a pop up window that asks me to backup the file. If I do or do not, I get the same results--I am unable to access my file, and I am asked to back up up the file. Any ideas what I can do, short of keeping my old computer on to balance my check book? Thanks in advance. Mike One q...

MSN Money Sync
Money 2005 is unable to sync with MSN Money and as a result I cannot update my bank information, yet I am able to update all information on moneycentral.com I cannot update my Money 2005 file or snyc with the updated information on the money servers. The error message says that updates are temporarily unavailable. Join the club. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1abb01c4ac11$791928d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Money 2005 is unable to sync with MSN Money and as a > result I cannot update my bank information, yet I am able > to upda...

Money 2007 in the UK
Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether Microsoft will be releasing a version of Money 2007 for use in Europe (UK)? I know previous versions (with the exception of Money 2006) have been released for the European market. The last version of Money for UK, France or International users was 2005. There definitely isn't a M2006 and given that M2007 would have been released not long after the US version, I think we can safely assume that there isn't going to be a 2007 version. I understand that sales in the UK of M2005 did not justify the investment in converting the US product ...

Money 2006 Compatibility
I used to lived in South America and I use Microsoft Money 99 (Version 7.0) Spanish Version. I moved to Canada last year and I want to upgrade to Money 2006 Canadian Version. I have accounts in Canadian Dollars, US Dollars and Colombian Pesos. I have A LOT of my financial history in there and I don't want to risk a bad migration. Is there any compatibility problem between the two products/vesrions that I should be aware of? If so, is there a safe way to migrate the data (even if it is just account by account or something similar)? Thanks a lot! See http://money.mvps.org/faq/articl...

Word 2007 question
How can I use a persons name listed in the address in the salution of a letter without copying? I've tried a bookmark but am unsuccessful so far. On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:14:01 -0800, DJ <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I use a persons name listed in the address in the salution of a >letter without copying? I've tried a bookmark but am unsuccessful so far. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

exe file question
Hi Can I attach data at the end or middle of exe file , is there some good tool or sample ? Can I delete exe file by its process , will it be locked , is it possible to write some function in process to remove the running exe itself and its folder after process end ? Wrong newsgroups. If the data you want to attach is resources, there's win32 API to do this. Regards, --PA Kid wrote: > Hi > > Can I attach data at the end or middle of exe file , is there some good tool > or sample ? > > Can I delete exe file by its process , will it be locked , is it possible to ...