program loading time

The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it
still loads slow. Any suggestions?
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote:

>The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it
>still loads slow. Any suggestions?

Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far
with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed
appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data.

Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget
if you think that would be appropriate.

Set your start page to be the account list.

Consider removing your Passport if you are not using the features
that need it, such as downloading transactions from certain
institutions.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/15/2005 12:47:48 AM
I am going to try part of that , but I have been using money since '99 and I
very seldom need the archived files and it used to help with loading. I only
have one account in my budget list but  I just did trhe budget for the hell
of and I can remove that, i don't use a passport sign in. I am curious how
changing the scheduled bills will help? I'll try that,I have a seperate excel
file that I use to track my bills with anyway. Thanks for your help.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote:
>
> >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it
> >still loads slow. Any suggestions?
>
> Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far
> with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed
> appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data.
>
> Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget
> if you think that would be appropriate.
>
> Set your start page to be the account list.
>
> Consider removing your Passport if you are not using the features
> that need it, such as downloading transactions from certain
> institutions.

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

How to automatically update the date to time
Hope someone can help me with this one which I have been trying to work with no success. Here is what I have in A1 I have a date and in B1 I have a time. Is there away that I can have the spreadsheet automatically make the time of 0:00 and 11:00 to 11:59 place a date of 6/01/04 and then do the same thing for the whole entire month. date time 6/01/04 0:00 6/01/04 11:00 to 11:59 (any no. between) 6/02/04 0.00 6/02/04 11:00 to 11:59 (any no. between) etc etc 6/31/04 same I am not to good in writing macro so if one is needed thanks a lot. Mike One method.. In A1...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Calculating time using minutes.
I have created an invoice to record the minutes I work on a job but can not figure out how to sum the total time I want the minutes in the format hours and half hours, ie 1.5 hours. Can some one tell me how to do this. Thank you. How are the times being entered into the invoice? In what format? As ordinary text? Into FormFields? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "computerkiller" <computerkiller@di...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Create Invoice Sales Transaction and Full payment at same time?
Hello all. I am looking to see if someone has an example of how I can create an Invoice and full Payment with a credit card as the type all at the same time. So what I am needing to do is create a text file for import where I will use the Invoice Type 3 abd create a debit and credit for a certain amount. Then I need to pay that Invoice in full using a credit card as the type. Can anyone let me know how I can handle this? I have a sample Sales Order Processing Integration document which helps alot. I just need to know now how to pay it at the same time. ...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Removing Office X after loading Office 2004
I have a question for the Mac World. I have just loaded the new Office 2004 for Mac. When I become courageous enough to remove Office X, do I simply drag the old programs to the trash? Or do I use the "Remove Office" app that came with Office X? I seem to remember a caution about doing the latter because it would remove files that were still critical to the newer version. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks ahead of time. On 20/5/04 6:53 am, in article f96201c43e2e$d1a9cb40$a001280a@phx.gbl, "Doctor_G" <genzuk@usc.edu> wrote: > I have a question for the Mac Wor...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

Cache Rebuild Every Time
Every single time I open my copy of Visio (2002 Pro on XP Pro machine) it rebuilds the cache, which takes forever. Why is it doing this every time and how can I stop it/ Thanks Keith, Is this previous thread any help? http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.visio/browse_frm/thread/e68944ff51e65200/a5e39bc162753fa7?tvc=1 Richard Price "Keith" <@.> wrote in message news:emQhzvs4EHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Every single time I open my copy of Visio (2002 Pro on XP Pro machine) it > rebuilds the cache, which takes forever. > > Why is it doing...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Can't send email to a particular domain; time limit error
My Exchange 2k3 SBS server is having issues sending email to 2 domains. The email bounces back stating "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified." Don't know what triggered this but it used to work. I have verified that the fully qualified domain name of the server is listed as the MX record in the smtp connector's Advanced properties. I have also restarted the smtp connector. Any other ideas are appreciated. If they time out it should be because the recipients' servers are down, or your DNS is returning the wrong MX or A record. But since you...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

Hello,this is my first time to post article here.
Hello,this is a public about money,but my english is poor,so I don't understand the article content here very much. Can anyone introduce here in simple English?Thaks! The topic ( subject ) is the Microsoft ( MS ) Money PC software product. It is not about money. arthur == On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:31:14 +0800, "���̤Z" <s258043@csmu.edu.tw> wrote: >Hello,this is a public about money,but my english is poor,so I don't >understand the article content here very much. Can anyone introduce here in >simple English?Thaks!> ...

Programming Word
I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource sttings in the properties table. If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced? Any help would be fantastic. Hi, Here are some sources that should get you more than started making user forms in Word. Microsoft does provide some help for creating forms. For instructions...

Money Program #2
I want to close my Money 04 and install the newest money program. I want to be able to access either one when I need to. Can two seperate Money programs be installed and run. When I updated from Money03 to Money04 it over wrote the Money 03. I dont want that to happen. I want to be able to run both, but seperately. In microsoft.public.money, massengillsr wrote: >I want to close my Money 04 and install the newest money program. I want to >be able to access either one when I need to. Can two seperate Money programs >be installed and run. When I updated from Money03 to Money04 it...

Calculating a Target time from an Actual Time...
Hi guys, I've formatted my cells to 'custom' then 'hh:mm:ss.00' so that bit is fine. The problem I have is my target time cell could read 00:01:30.00 (which means no hours, 1 minute, 30 seconds, and no hundreds of a second), and my actual collumn could read 00:01:00.00 (which is 1 minute). So in my Difference collumn which is also formatted in hh:mm:ss.00 I have made the formula: =IF(Q21=0,"",Q21-P21) which gives me -0.0003472, clearly not in time. Then in my difference collumn to display the % of the difference in time, I have this formula...

Some Excel formatting functions taking a long time to work
Excel 2000 SP3 When I first use some formatting functions for the first time in a session, such as bold, increasing font size etc, it takes up to 30 seconds to wok. Meantime Excel is locked up until it completes that formatting call. Has anyone experienced this? How to fix (other than a complete re- install) ? Any advice appreciated. Piri Hi, I haven't used 2000 in a while but if my memory serves me your problem is the programs normal behavior. I suspect microsoft code these areas as separate items that need to be attached when they are first used in a session. This no longer is t...

display most frequently used programs in simple dialog
Hi guys, Could You please help me. I'm searching for an answer for a while now. "How can I read the list of most frequently used programs to display them in a simple dialog?" I've seen tons of freeware for customizing this list but I did not find any hint in MSDN, Google or newsgroups pointing me in the right direction to do this. THX so much. Mue > > Could You please help me. I'm searching for an answer for a while now. > > "How can I read the list of most frequently used programs to display > them in a simple dialog?" > What does it me...

old program, new program Publisher
I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on 2003 the old program takes over and can not open the file. I haved looked for the older program to uninstall but all I can find is the 2003 program. Can someone please help?!!! two4ever2002 <two4ever2002@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher > 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on > 2003 the old program takes over and can no...

internationalize program
Hi, I am writing an MFC program. I want to display some non-English characters (some EU countries) in a tree control. I have use _T macro before string. I also define _UNICODE macro. When compiling program, this error message pops up: "L is not an identifier". What does this message mean and how to fix it? Thanks in advance. >I am writing an MFC program. I want to display some non-English characters >(some EU countries) in a tree control. I have use _T macro before string. I >also define _UNICODE macro. When compiling program, this error message pops >up: >"L...