Processing imported QIF w/MS Money 2004 Deluxe

I download a QIF format statement for a checking account and import it into
MS$2004.  All appears to go OK.  When I go to the page to process the
downloaded statement MS$2004 abruptly aborts with "An error has been
encountered" message.

I have run standard file repair on the file prior to import and no problems
are found according to the log file.  After the aborted attempt, doing a
file repair will indicate that a problem was found with the internet options
and was corrected.  Attempting to use the repaired file I can not access the
transactions in the file that the import was for.  I have to restore backup
file.

I have cleared the cache and reset maximum size to 50MB.

I can import the QIF that fails into a new account and all looks OK.

So far it is isolated to one account and one financial institution.

Other QIFs from other financial institutions import and process as expected.

Other than clicking on the "Send error report to MS" option are there any
know fixes or suggestions to this problem?

Al

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Al M wrote:

>I download a QIF format statement for a checking account and import it into
>MS$2004.  All appears to go OK.  When I go to the page to process the
>downloaded statement MS$2004 abruptly aborts with "An error has been
>encountered" message.
>
>I have run standard file repair on the file prior to import and no problems
>are found according to the log file.  After the aborted attempt, doing a
>file repair will indicate that a problem was found with the internet options
>and was corrected.  Attempting to use the repaired file I can not access the
>transactions in the file that the import was for.  I have to restore backup
>file.
>
>I have cleared the cache and reset maximum size to 50MB.
>
>I can import the QIF that fails into a new account and all looks OK.
>
>So far it is isolated to one account and one financial institution.
>
>Other QIFs from other financial institutions import and process as expected.

I would delete the download by right-clicking on the place in he
account list that says you have transactions to read. Then try
again. If it re-occurs, I would make a copy of my file and delete
transactions from my QIF file until I found the transaction that
appeared to be crashing. I understand there must not be an intrinsic
problem with the QIF file since it imports into other accounts fine.
Still, that's what I would do.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
> In microsoft.public.money, Al M wrote:
>
> >I download a QIF format statement for a checking account and import it
into
> >MS$2004.  All appears to go OK.  When I go to the page to process the
> >downloaded statement MS$2004 abruptly aborts with "An error has been
> >encountered" message.
> >
> >I have run standard file repair on the file prior to import and no
problems
> >are found according to the log file.  After the aborted attempt, doing a
> >file repair will indicate that a problem was found with the internet
options
> >and was corrected.  Attempting to use the repaired file I can not access
the
> >transactions in the file that the import was for.  I have to restore
backup
> >file.
> >
> >I have cleared the cache and reset maximum size to 50MB.
> >
> >I can import the QIF that fails into a new account and all looks OK.
> >
> >So far it is isolated to one account and one financial institution.
> >
> >Other QIFs from other financial institutions import and process as
expected.

> I would delete the download by right-clicking on the place in he
> account list that says you have transactions to read. Then try
> again.

I took this step before posting the problem.  I did it twice.  Once before
running a recovery and once after.

>If it re-occurs, I would make a copy of my file and delete
> transactions from my QIF file until I found the transaction that
> appeared to be crashing. I understand there must not be an intrinsic
> problem with the QIF file since it imports into other accounts fine.
> Still, that's what I would do.

I'll do that when I have some time.  Assuming that I find the "offending"
item is there anything in particular that I might look for in either the QIF
or the MS$ file?  Examining the QIF file it appears "normal".  At least
nothing stands out.

Al

In microsoft.public.money, Al M wrote:

>I'll do that when I have some time.  Assuming that I find the "offending"
>item is there anything in particular that I might look for in either the QIF
>or the MS$ file?

Not that I can think of.

> Examining the QIF file it appears "normal".  At least
>nothing stands out.

I would do a binary search: delete half of the transactions at a
time.

Note that when you import the QIF as a statement from your bank,
Money looks for duplicate transactions. When you specify new or
recovered account, I don't think it does.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
> In microsoft.public.money, Al M wrote:
>
> >I'll do that when I have some time.  Assuming that I find the "offending"
> >item is there anything in particular that I might look for in either the
QIF
> >or the MS$ file?
>
> Not that I can think of.
>
> > Examining the QIF file it appears "normal".  At least
> >nothing stands out.
>
> I would do a binary search: delete half of the transactions at a
> time.
>
> Note that when you import the QIF as a statement from your bank,
> Money looks for duplicate transactions. When you specify new or
> recovered account, I don't think it does.

I located the transaction in the QIF that is causing the problem.
I made a one transaction QIF that fails.
!Type:Bank
D12/02/2003
NACH
Cc
PACH WITHDRAWAL--WEB / CITIBANK CRDT CD / ONLINE PMT
T-3134.57
^
There is a matching transaction already in the file for this item.  The
matching transaction is the result of an online bill payment.  Deleting the
matching transaction from the checking account register allows the QIF to
process properly.

One more point is that MS$ money program actually terminates while
displaying the screen that shows the downloaded statements that are ready
for processing, prior to clicking on the item to select it for processing.

I did do another repair and the file is OK according to repair process.

Definitely a MS$ program bug.  Ahhhhh, One more reason to buy MS$2005!

Regards, Al

download matching names in Money 2004
How does the MS Money download match items to the investments in one's account? I have two accounts at Fidelity, one a brokerage account, and the other a 401k retirement (Netbenefits). Both happen to hold some of the same mutual fund. One refers to it as "SPARTAN EXTENDED MARKET INDEX". I was able to match this to the brokerage account. But the second account refers to it as "SPTN EXTND MKT INDEX". MS Money 2004 wants to refer to this as a different security and won't let me give it the same symbol. But of course it is the same symbol with the same price his...

merchant processing
On Monday Sept. 19 I switched merchants. I was processing outside the RMS package w/ a Telento machine. On monday I installed a Cherry keyboard, had it programmed for Mercury and began processing credit cards, or so I thought. Even though is seemed like it was processing it was not. Now today Thursday September 22 I downloaded the plug-ins to fully process credit cards and confirmed them too. I had cc masking set up in RMS so I am not able to see past sales. Is there a file somewhere that I can see previous credit card transactions so I could submit it to Mercury. Thank you, -Har...

no good import messages after system restore
Hi everybody, i exported my messages before i did a system restore, after importing i see the maps but no messages, how can i see my messages again? THX in advance Erwin Stick with your first post please. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Alexandra Nijenhuis-Ruitenberg" <enijenhuis@home.nl> wrote in message news:4A3AF380-A2CD-4D98-91D6-4B9582A33D08@microsoft.com... > Hi everybody, i exported my messages before i did a system restore, > after importing i see the maps but no messages, how can i see my &g...

Problem while terminating remote process
Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote process Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. Please help how to fix this What PowerShell code do you use when you get the error? - Larry On 5/5/2010 12:06 PM, kotte wrote: > Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote > process > > Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't > contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. > > Please help how to fix this ...

Importing spreadsheets
I have Microsoft Excel and Money 2001 Standard, Version 9.0. My system is Me. I downloaded spreasheet info as a .cvs file and saved it in Excel as .xls. Can I import the .xls file into my Money application? This FAQ is addressed at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8. "Richard Shaw" <rshawdoc1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:00d401c3902a$ed04b240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Excel and Money 2001 Standard, Version > 9.0. My system is Me. I downloaded spreasheet info as > a .cvs file and saved it in Excel as .xls. Can I import > the .xls file into my...

Project Returns w non-inventory
Currently when you enter a return (with or without credit) for a purchase, non-inventory cost category, when you get to the item field if you don't type in the item you purchased exactly as you typed it in when you originally purchased it, it will not let you proceed. Because it is non-inventory the lookup cannot be used and you are unable to just move to the receipt number field to look at past receipts and select one for return. This seems overly cumbersome and my suggestion is to either allow them to lookup past receipts without the item field being filled in OR allow a lookup ...

Problems assigning "Normal" Importance with Rules Wizard
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though a Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot of "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Is there any way I can import a report design from excel?
Hi My client has designed his Delivery Notes in excel. Is there any way I can import this into access as a report design? Stapes No. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:64a0bb8a-98f5-4cb8-b436-c0cff3ff65c4@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > My client has designed his Delivery Notes in excel. Is there any way I > can import this into access as a report design? > > Stapes ...

Import or Post?
I will be taking many trips this year and would rather not use GoToMyPC to access my Outlook files. I have Outllook on both my PC and laptop. Is there a way to sync or import all of contacts, email messages, tasks, etc. from my PC to my laptop? My intent is to "update" my laptop before a trip with all of the current data from the PC; then "update" the PC with the new data from the laptop upon my return. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Wollam You can simply copy the pst-file from your main computer to your laptop and connect to it ...

OWA on SBS w/ISA
Good Evening, So it is a collection of initials, but I am in need of configurations for OWA. I have it working internally with https://server_name/exchange but as soon as I try to go outside and back in with https://server_name.domain.com/exchange I hit the wall. If you are kind enough to respond, please don't assume I know anything. I might know a thing or two but not enough for this. Thanks in advance, Chip wrote: > Good Evening, > > So it is a collection of initials, but I am in need of configurations > for OWA. I have it working internally with > https://server_n...

Money is not properly installed. Please try setup again. #2
When I try to start money from its welcome screen I get a dialogue box that says: Money is not properly installed. Please try setup again. I've reinstalled Money 2003 a couple of time to no avail. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Bri wrote: >When I try to start money from its welcome screen I get a >dialogue box that says: Money is not properly installed. >Please try setup again. I've reinstalled Money 2003 a >couple of time to no avail. Any ideas? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316899&Product=mny addresses this error by saying...

Exchange Server w/ private ip
Greetings all Exchange 2000 Exchange Box in private network. Mail forwarded from Exchange Box t "Gateway" box then from Gateway box to world. My concern is in the headers, you see, all outgoing email contains th internal private address of the exchange box! I would like to chang that to a public address or perhaps to 127.0.0.1 if possible. ---example--- Return-Path: <donut@bagodonuts.com> Received: from mail.bagodonuts.com ([xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) by nager (Earthink SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 7yr8NZFmQ0 for <test@earthink.net>; Sat, 1 May 2004 14:37:48 -0700 (P...

Batch Processing Slow Down...
Has anyone had an issue where posting batches takes a much longer time than is typical. We post batches and month end, and for the amount of records, it typically takes 6-8 hours. A few months ago it started taking over 30 hours, which is making accounting a bit twitchy. :) Thanks for any input. ...

Forcing a dialog window to the foreground from another process.
I have googled this topic and most have said this cannot be done because changes are made since Windows 98/2000 to disallow a dialog window from appearing in the foreground if certain conditions are not met. I have an MFC application that handles all the UI aspects (Dialogs/Error Msgbox, etc), my secondary app is an Outlook plugin that communicates with my main app thru COM. From the Outlook plugin, I need to display the dialogs from my main app. The problem is, the dialogs will not be brought to the foreground, they will just blink in the taskbar. I have SetForegroundWindow() calle...

German language in Office 2004
Hello, is the Office 2004 Education version multilingual? I don't mean only the spell-checking but the whole menus and help files. Since MacOS X is multilingual I thought it may be the same for the Office-package. Thx for replies. Regards, Daniel On 7/19/05 9:49 AM, in article 1121791774.803937.243140@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "vegas" <daniel.stocker@web.de> wrote: > is the Office 2004 Education version multilingual? > I don't mean only the spell-checking but the whole menus and help > files. > > Since MacOS X is multilingual I thought it may ...

We need a consultant to help set up our Money 2006 Small Business
We switched from QuickBooks to Money years ago because our financial institution supports downloads into Money. But our accountants don't use Money and we haven't come across any expert to help us PROPERLY set up our business and investment accounts, rental properties, mortgages, etc. We have been bumbling through and doing fine with checking, savings and invoicing, but the rest is not working. Are there people who make a living doing this, locally or online? How do we find someone? BTW we are located in Boulder/Denver, CO. With gratitude, Helena ...

How do I debug a process
Hello! We have a C#.ASP.NET web application that runs on a IIS 6. The application contains actually several asp pages but there is no GUI. The application receive an xml file that is processed. There is also an MFC dll that is called from this asp application to make a syntax check on quite many commands. You don't have to know what a command is. The problem that we get is the following when the asp pages calls the MFC dll it will run into protected memory error. The IIS runs on a windows server 2003. We have also added some rows in the MFC dll to write to a file about where in the dll i...

Sales Process Workflow 08-10-06
Is there a way to delete a Sales Process workflow? I know how to cancel it, but I would like to remove a wrongly selected process from the opportunity record. ------=_NextPart_0001_325E01E7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! You can look in workflow monitor and cancel the workflow instance for the opportunity. Then you can apply a new workflow if you like. However, any changes incurred from the stages that the opp. went through from the first workflow will still be present. I hope that this helps you out. Kind regards, Mike ==========================...

I cannot install MS Office 2007 enterprise, why?
hi friend, I have saved copy of my Original MS office 2007 enterprise in local drive but when i double click on it...shows the error message: "set up cannot continue becuase a required file is either corrupted or not avaialble. run setup again from the original source disc or download location" How do i fix this problem? thanks Use the original source disk and run Setup from there. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "ccd" <ccd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DE870BD-B9C0-4B3C-A558-2F09ABC63E3F@microsoft.com... > hi friend, ...

Excel won't launch after applying MS Office Updates
I'm running XP Pro and MS Office SBE. I recently applied several updates from Msft (XP updates first, then the Office updates suggested) and now Excel won't launch. I tried the shortcut, the menu item and double-click on an xls file. It looks like it's going to load the program and then just disappears with no error message. I ordered a CD for SP3, but really, most of those updates are on already. I'm thinking there was a problem with one of the Office updates, but cannnot find any references to that scenario in the General Questions group. My question is, should I ...

Install this internet package from MS Corporation
--rwucuosxjmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wvfaazvnt"; type="multipart/alternative" --wvfaazvnt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dpzsgxlysayp" --dpzsgxlysayp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most...

money 2004 internet update error
I have upgraded to money 2004 recently and an error "Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file smrtinet.ini" is very persistent. I have searched the registry, deleted temp files and searched both internet and groups but have encountered only one mention for which there was no reply. Thanks for any help. ...

Workflow Process Questions
Can anyone who has worked with workflow processes for a while answer these questions for me: 1. How do I implement an "OR" condition? I have used nested IFs but is there a better way? 2. Is there any way to print out or otherwise create a copy of your work flow rules? 3. How do you backup/restore workflow rules for disaster recovery? Thanks Dave Dave not being able to printout a workflow is a pain..especially a sales process. It may be possible to do this either using the sdk or crystal reports. CRM 1.2 has a export tool for workflows. I cannot remember whether it is on t...

money 2007 stalls when I try to accept terms
Have downloaded the program (Deluxe Version) several times....same thing happens every time I click "accept" for terms and conditions, it stalls. I have to Ctrl -Alt -Delete and end program. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, AnnieC wrote: >Have downloaded the program (Deluxe Version) several times....same thing >happens every time I click "accept" for terms and conditions, it stalls. I >have to Ctrl -Alt -Delete and end program. Any ideas? Running Vista? no, not running Vista "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, ...

Predefined Process
Can someone please give me the definition of a predefined process. I want to make sure I'm using the proper boxes. Thanks! ...