Problems with retrieving info from my bank

I am hoping somebody might have some suggestions.  I just replaced my
previous computer and needed to reload MS Money onto my new one.  Below is my
predicament.

Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415

Windows Vista Home Premium 64

I am trying to download statements from my Financial Institution (City
County Credit Union).  When asked if I want to download the file, I clicked
on the download OFX as I have done for many years.  I click "open" and it
starts a program called Microsoft Office Accounting 2008.   This is a brand
new Computer and Office Ultimate 2007 has been installed.  I don't want the
file to open in this Accounting Program.  I need it to open in MS Money.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,\
Faith

0
Risa (6)
5/3/2009 4:30:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

You change the file associations in IE.  For IE version 7 this is under the
Tools menu and Internet Options.  On the Program tab click the Set Programs
button and change the control program to "Microsoft Money Import Handler".

Another way to do this would be to re-install Money Plus which would then
take control of the .ofx file extension.

Art
"Faith Risa" <Faith Risa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am hoping somebody might have some suggestions.  I just replaced my
> previous computer and needed to reload MS Money onto my new one.  Below is
> my
> predicament.
>
> Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium 64
>
> I am trying to download statements from my Financial Institution (City
> County Credit Union).  When asked if I want to download the file, I
> clicked
> on the download OFX as I have done for many years.  I click "open" and it
> starts a program called Microsoft Office Accounting 2008.   This is a
> brand
> new Computer and Office Ultimate 2007 has been installed.  I don't want
> the
> file to open in this Accounting Program.  I need it to open in MS Money.
>

> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance,\
> Faith

I went ahead and did the reinstall -- thanks.

In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote:

>You change the file associations in IE.  For IE version 7 this is under the
>Tools menu and Internet Options.  On the Program tab click the Set Programs
>button and change the control program to "Microsoft Money Import Handler".
>
>Another way to do this would be to re-install Money Plus which would then
>take control of the .ofx file extension.

Here would be a little different wording modified from Art's
posting:

Setting the file association for OFX files with Microsoft Money Plus

Start->Settings->ControlPanel->DefaultPrograms->AssociateAFileType...

Select OFX-- Open Financial Exchange File .

The CurrentDefault column should be "Money Import Handler".  If it
is not, click ChangeProgram.  If "Money Import Handler" is a
choice, choose that.  If not, Browse (or OpenWith if Browse is not
a choice).  In the case of Money Plus, typically that is at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\mnyimprt.exe".

Since MNYCoreFiles is normally a hidden files, you will probably
not see that as a choice. Paste the following line
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles"
without the quotes into the small box at the top of the OpenWith
window. Select mnyimprt.exe, and click Open.

The alternative way to fix this may be to reinstall Money.

>Art
>"Faith Risa" <Faith Risa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am hoping somebody might have some suggestions.  I just replaced my
>> previous computer and needed to reload MS Money onto my new one.  Below is
>> my
>> predicament.
>>
>> Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415
>>
>> Windows Vista Home Premium 64
>>
>> I am trying to download statements from my Financial Institution (City
>> County Credit Union).  When asked if I want to download the file, I
>> clicked
>> on the download OFX as I have done for many years.  I click "open" and it
>> starts a program called Microsoft Office Accounting 2008.   This is a
>> brand
>> new Computer and Office Ultimate 2007 has been installed.  I don't want
>> the
>> file to open in this Accounting Program.  I need it to open in MS Money.
>>

>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks in advance,\
>> Faith

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

pop3 connector mail retrieval schedule
Greetings I have enabled the pop3 connector for Exchange on a Small Business Server 2003 installation. Everything works beautifully on the Outlook 2003 (client) side with pop mail sending and receiving except for one unexpected glitch. I can only set the connector to retrieve mail from the pop server at a minimum of every 15 minutes. Why was this done and is there any way to overcome this serious inconvenience. Thanks in advance to anyone who might answer. There's no way to change the SBS pop connector polling interval. Is there some reason you really need to keep the POP conn...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

sync problems

Date problem

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Move AR/AP Historical Info
Is there a tool to move historical AR and AP information from one company database to another in GP9? What about Collections Management notes? We have two company databases. One company was purchased a few years ago as a separate, wholly-owned subsidiary. It will become part of the other company at the beginning of our new fiscal year (April 1). To make it easier for our GP users, I'd like to move the history over along with the open AR & AP transactions and Collections notes so that they don't have to switch back to the closed company database to look up historical info...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

Problem creating credit card account
When creating a Chase or Amazon.com credit cards I am having this happen to me when it creates the card and I can't figure out how to fix it so there is just one card showing. I attached a jpeg of what I am seeing. It's like it created multiple instances of the card and also show balances of my other cards. I am not sure if it is because these cards are associated with Chase or what. When I had it setup the online service for the card then that is when it creates the other instances. I hope someone can makes sence of this. Thanks! ...