Problems with Money 2005

I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months ago. 
Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday 
occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt delete 
to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you name it. 
I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open and run. I 
made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this file 
froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't care if 
I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are 
corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing on the 
home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a few 
seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has encountered an 
internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re starts, it 
disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different restore 
points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
0
Lou (56)
12/20/2004 3:39:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

10 Replies
1595 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

In microsoft.public.money, Lou wrote:

>I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months ago. 
>Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday 
>occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt delete 
>to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you name it. 
>I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open and run. I 
>made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this file 
>froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't care if 
>I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are 
>corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing on the 
>home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a few 
>seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has encountered an 
>internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re starts, it 
>disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different restore 
>points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

I would try making repaired versions of the file you want with
salv.exe. Try level 2 and/or level 3.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\salv.exe" may be
the location.


0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/20/2004 4:09:36 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Lou wrote:

>I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months ago. 
>Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday 
>occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt delete 
>to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you name it. 
>I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open and run. I 
>made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this file 
>froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't care if 
>I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are 
>corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing on the 
>home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a few 
>seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has encountered an 
>internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re starts, it 
>disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different restore 
>points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

OK... you said you tried repairing files, so you probably have done
salv.exe.

Does your file have a Passport? If not, I would enable logging of
the ofx files from your broker. Let's assume for the moment that
Money crashes again. 

The plan would be to locate a flaw in the OFX file and to
File->Import the modified file. This could be complex, and I don't
know how far you can get or want to go.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/20/2004 4:16:48 AM
Lou,

1.  Do you download from any other banks/brokers?  If so, do you get
the same results?

2.  Does your broker support any other download formats?  If so, do any
of these work?

3.  In case its an account corruption issue, could you create a new
Money file, setup an account for your brokerage including Online
Services, and see what happens on the initial download?

If you get to number 3 above and no crash, you may want to go back to
your original backup, export brokerage account transactions, close the
account, create a new one, import your exported transactions, and see
if the downloads occur without crashing.  Keep in mind that in creating
the new account, you may have some additional manual re-entry of
transactions to perform.  This may be a problem if you've got many
years of data.

Best of Luck and let us know how as things progress.

Regards,
JB


Lou wrote:
> I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months
ago.
> Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday

> occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt
delete
> to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you
name it.
> I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open
and run. I
> made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this
file
> froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't
care if
> I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are
> corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing
on the
> home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a
few
> seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has
encountered an
> internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re
starts, it
> disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different
restore 
> points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

0
johnbusc (409)
12/20/2004 11:36:46 AM
>Subject: Problems with Money 2005
>From: =?Utf-8?B?TG91?= Lou@discussions.microsoft.com 
>Date: 12/19/2004 10:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
>Message-id: <BEA1B3FB-7AC4-41BF-8F73-D1C6047DFDCE@microsoft.com>
>
>I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months ago. 
>Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday 
>occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt delete 
>to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you name it.
>
>I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open and run. I
>
>made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this file 
>froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't care if
>
>I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are 
>corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing on the 
>home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a few 
>seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has encountered an 
>internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re starts, it 
>disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different restore 
>points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
>
>
>
>
>
>

This is a perfect example of why I say using a $25 product like Microsoft Money
2005 LINKED to yodelle, MSN servers, uploading and downloading transaction data
from banks and brokers are ALL invitations to disaster at this point. The
technology has not reached a level that I would be comfortable letting my
complete financial data be controlled by some "automatic" data transfer. When
it crashes you spend more time trying to fix it than if you enter the data
manually like I do. Money 2005 CAN be a very helpful financial software program
if it is used carefully by people who also have a sense for financial
reporting, how to do it, and what it means. JMHO. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
12/20/2004 3:14:14 PM
Steve wrote:

"if you enter the data manually like I do. Money 2005 CAN be a very
helpful financial software program if it is used carefully by people
who also have a sense for financial reporting, how to do it, and what
it means"

If I understand you correctly, manual entry in a $25 software package
can help me attain the qualities you mention.

JB

FULL POST--
SJCOHEN730 wrote:
> >Subject: Problems with Money 2005
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?TG91?= Lou@discussions.microsoft.com
> >Date: 12/19/2004 10:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
> >Message-id: <BEA1B3FB-7AC4-41BF-8F73-D1C6047DFDCE@microsoft.com>
> >
> >I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two
months ago.
> >Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an
everyday
> >occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control
alt delete
> >to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you
name it.
> >
> >I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open
and run. I
> >
> >made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded,
this file
> >froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I
don't care if
> >
> >I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are

> >corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing
on the
> >home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a
few
> >seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has
encountered an
> >internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re
starts, it
> >disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different
restore
> >points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> This is a perfect example of why I say using a $25 product like
Microsoft Money
> 2005 LINKED to yodelle, MSN servers, uploading and downloading
transaction data
> from banks and brokers are ALL invitations to disaster at this point.
The
> technology has not reached a level that I would be comfortable
letting my
> complete financial data be controlled by some "automatic" data
transfer. When
> it crashes you spend more time trying to fix it than if you enter the
data
> manually like I do. Money 2005 CAN be a very helpful financial
software program
> if it is used carefully by people who also have a sense for financial
> reporting, how to do it, and what it means. JMHO. Steve

0
johnbusc (409)
12/20/2004 4:20:02 PM
Thanks for your humble opinion Steve.
When I posted here, I was hoping to get some help.
Not a sermon about using cheap software.
Where do you buy Money 2005 Premium for $25?

"SJCOHEN730" wrote:

> >Subject: Problems with Money 2005
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?TG91?= Lou@discussions.microsoft.com 
> >Date: 12/19/2004 10:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
> >Message-id: <BEA1B3FB-7AC4-41BF-8F73-D1C6047DFDCE@microsoft.com>
> >
> >I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months ago. 
> >Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday 
> >occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt delete 
> >to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you name it.
> >
> >I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open and run. I
> >
> >made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this file 
> >froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't care if
> >
> >I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are 
> >corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing on the 
> >home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a few 
> >seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has encountered an 
> >internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re starts, it 
> >disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different restore 
> >points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> 
> This is a perfect example of why I say using a $25 product like Microsoft Money
> 2005 LINKED to yodelle, MSN servers, uploading and downloading transaction data
> from banks and brokers are ALL invitations to disaster at this point. The
> technology has not reached a level that I would be comfortable letting my
> complete financial data be controlled by some "automatic" data transfer. When
> it crashes you spend more time trying to fix it than if you enter the data
> manually like I do. Money 2005 CAN be a very helpful financial software program
> if it is used carefully by people who also have a sense for financial
> reporting, how to do it, and what it means. JMHO. Steve
> 
0
Lou (56)
12/20/2004 4:37:05 PM
Thanks JB
I created a new file, entered my accounts, and downloaded statements from my 
brokerage for the last 90 days. So far, everything is working fine. I 
download from several institutions and have had virtually zero problems up to 
this point. 
Lou

"johnbusc@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Lou,
> 
> 1.  Do you download from any other banks/brokers?  If so, do you get
> the same results?
> 
> 2.  Does your broker support any other download formats?  If so, do any
> of these work?
> 
> 3.  In case its an account corruption issue, could you create a new
> Money file, setup an account for your brokerage including Online
> Services, and see what happens on the initial download?
> 
> If you get to number 3 above and no crash, you may want to go back to
> your original backup, export brokerage account transactions, close the
> account, create a new one, import your exported transactions, and see
> if the downloads occur without crashing.  Keep in mind that in creating
> the new account, you may have some additional manual re-entry of
> transactions to perform.  This may be a problem if you've got many
> years of data.
> 
> Best of Luck and let us know how as things progress.
> 
> Regards,
> JB
> 
> 
> Lou wrote:
> > I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two months
> ago.
> > Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an everyday
> 
> > occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control alt
> delete
> > to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups, you
> name it.
> > I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to open
> and run. I
> > made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded, this
> file
> > froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I don't
> care if
> > I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups are
> > corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances showing
> on the
> > home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for a
> few
> > seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has
> encountered an
> > internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re
> starts, it
> > disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different
> restore 
> > points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
> 
> 
0
Lou (56)
12/20/2004 4:41:19 PM
Lou,

Just curious, do you intend to stay with the new file OR return to your
old backup eventually.

If the latter, post back in the future and let us know if things are
still going well.

Regards,
JB

Lou wrote:
> Thanks JB
> I created a new file, entered my accounts, and downloaded statements
from my
> brokerage for the last 90 days. So far, everything is working fine. I

> download from several institutions and have had virtually zero
problems up to
> this point.
> Lou
>
> "johnbusc@hotmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Lou,
> >
> > 1.  Do you download from any other banks/brokers?  If so, do you
get
> > the same results?
> >
> > 2.  Does your broker support any other download formats?  If so, do
any
> > of these work?
> >
> > 3.  In case its an account corruption issue, could you create a new
> > Money file, setup an account for your brokerage including Online
> > Services, and see what happens on the initial download?
> >
> > If you get to number 3 above and no crash, you may want to go back
to
> > your original backup, export brokerage account transactions, close
the
> > account, create a new one, import your exported transactions, and
see
> > if the downloads occur without crashing.  Keep in mind that in
creating
> > the new account, you may have some additional manual re-entry of
> > transactions to perform.  This may be a problem if you've got many
> > years of data.
> >
> > Best of Luck and let us know how as things progress.
> >
> > Regards,
> > JB
> >
> >
> > Lou wrote:
> > > I've used Money for several years. Started using '05 about two
months
> > ago.
> > > Two days ago I got a downloaded statement from my broker (an
everyday
> >
> > > occurence). Money crashed. It just froze up. I had to use control
alt
> > delete
> > > to get out. Now I have tried repairing files, restoring backups,
you
> > name it.
> > > I finally did get a backup file that was about a month old to
open
> > and run. I
> > > made a copy for safety. As soon as the statement was downloaded,
this
> > file
> > > froze up. I just want to get my data back for the last month, I
don't
> > care if
> > > I have to delete the statement. I'm afraid all my recent backups
are
> > > corrupted now. Some of them will open with correct balances
showing
> > on the
> > > home page, but they are frozen. Sometimes they are just open for
a
> > few
> > > seconds and I get The error message that "Microsoft Money has
> > encountered an
> > > internal error and must restart." As soon as it automatically re
> > starts, it
> > > disappears. I've also tried System restore at several different
> > restore 
> > > points. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
> > 
> >

0
johnbusc (409)
12/20/2004 5:19:15 PM

"SJCOHEN730" wrote:

> 
> >ubject: Re: Problems with Money 2005
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?TG91?= Lou@discussions.microsoft.com 
> >Date: 12/20/2004 11:37 AM Eastern Standard Time
> >Message-id: <2308DE0E-AD3A-4C96-A460-85E04AC70F67@microsoft.com>
> >
> >Thanks for your humble opinion Steve.
> >When I posted here, I was hoping to get some help.
> >Not a sermon about using cheap software.
> >Where do you buy Money 2005 Premium for $25?
> >
> You don't. I was referring to Money 2005 Deluxe. For my investment needs I
> don't need a third party provider like Gainskeeper telling me what to do. Steve
> 
You might, if you continue to grow as an investor/trader
JMHO
Lou
0
Lou (56)
12/20/2004 5:25:02 PM
S> This is a perfect example of why I say using a $25 product
S> like Microsoft Money 2005 LINKED to yodelle, MSN servers,
S> uploading and downloading transaction data from banks and
S> brokers are ALL invitations to disaster at this point.

I think the root of the problem is in the today's programming techniques,
where error processing is ignored almost completely.

In the old-school programming, there were 5-10 lines of error-checking and
data validation per one line of the "main" code. Today, this became too
expensive. Many Microsoft internet server applications are written in
vbscript language where error processing merely does not exist. Hence, these
programs work satisfactory when everything goes well, but are totally
helpless in case of even slight problems. You can see it everywhere, and
every time when you are told "reboot your computer" as the 1st step in any
troubleshooting - it's because today's applications are not supposed to
gracefully handle any malfunctions. In this particular case, Money does not
care to validate the input data before importing it (a grave sin), and
crashes when one byte is wrong.


Vadim


0
vr (140)
12/20/2004 6:15:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Pivot Chart problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4E370.755D7D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two issues with pivot charts. 1) I create a pivot table and chart with VB. I want thick lines on the = chart, so I do as follows: For i =3D 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count .SeriesCollection(i).Select With Selection.Border .Weight =3D xlThick End With Next This works great. However, upon selecting a Page Field value from the =...

Problem with the reconnection of a mailbox to a different user
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the reconnection of a mailbox, when I try to reconnect it to a different user. This is the scenario: 1) User A has a mailbox, I disconnect it. 2) Creation of User B 3) Reconnection of mailbox of user A to user B (I have tried not only with recovery center, but also directly through mailbox list section) No errors appears during theese steps, but when I try to create a new profile in outlook (I have created it only in the server, this is a test server), I see that the mailbox of user B (or the user B?) has not found! If I try to use Outlook Web Access, ...

How to change name of company in Money 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C9BBB5.64E4CA00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, I have a typo in the name of my company in MS Money 2007. I can't find = where to change it. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your help. Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C9BBB5.64E4CA00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transit...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

2005 Update Retirement Account Problem
I am having the same problem as discussed in a post on 10/5. Has anyone else seen this or know of a solution? And btw, I am not running XP SP2, just a fully updated SP1 system. I tried everything I could find in the KB to no avail as well. I am getting really frustrated with how many bugs there are in 2005. I have used MS Money for years and have never had as many problems as I have with 2005. I can't believe that this product made it out to the public with as many problems as there are. Any comments would be appreciated. ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

Problem of space between items in SMALLICON mode
Hi, I have problem with spacing between items in LVS_SMALLICON list mode. Some that have long text hide the others. Not when i'm changing mode, just when I change data in my list. I use SetWindowLong to change list mode, and tried list.Arrange, list.redraw and list.update functions with no success. Actually, list doesn't change space between items when I change data in my list. I browsed the group, and found some unanswered subject about the same problem, so if someone could help me it would be cool. TIA. Have you tried the CListCtrl::SetIconSpacing before CListCtrl::Arrange? Vict...

money 2005 #2
HI all, anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? Ivan No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under beta-testing. "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OS9scd4VEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > HI all, > > anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? > > Ivan > > maybe some would have leaked out :) "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:usbD5X$VEHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under > beta-t...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

Problem with a MIN function
Hi all Please can someone explain to me why this doesn't work: =MIN((A46:A52>0)*(A46:A52+B46:B52)) array-entered I've got dates in both ranges - and both ranges also contain blanks. I don't understand why this formula does not return what I want!! I'm trying to get the earliest date in A46:A52 where there is a blank in the corresponding cell in B46:B52. I've checked the formula (including the F9 option in the formula bar to view each part) and it's got me beat! -- Andy. Hi try the arraz formula =MIN(IF((A46:A52>0)*(B46:B52=""),A46:A52)) >---...

Select TOP on SQL 2005 slower than select full
Hello, =BFWhy narrowing results over 63 rows with top is far slower than a full select? My problem can be synthesized in 3 querys. This select runs in 29s: SELECT TOP 63 * FROM HPHPCREL where ( CPNY_COD =3D 'ATL') ORDER BY CPNY_COD,PERS_COD,END_DAT DESC The same select without TOP runs in 8s (returning 66642 rows): SELECT * FROM HPHPCREL where ( CPNY_COD =3D 'ATL') ORDER BY CPNY_COD,PERS_COD,END_DAT DESC Again the first select for 62 rows runs in less than a second: SELECT TOP 62 * FROM HPHPCREL where ( CPNY_COD =3D 'ATL') ORDER ...

Next Update of Microsoft Money
I currently use Microsoft Money Plus H&B. When Money next comes out with a new version, will I be able to use my existing data file if I do not want to buy the H&B version? neil154 | 12/18/2008 | 6:20:01 PM wrote: >I currently use Microsoft Money Plus H&B. When Money next comes out >with a new version, will I be able to use my existing data file if I >do not want to buy the H&B version? If Microsoft continues to do things the way they've done them in the past, you'll be fine. When you open your data file in the new, non-business version of Money, you&#...

money replacement 03-26-10
OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alone MS Money 2007 software? Office Accounting Express looks powerful but I thing it is too complicated for my personal finance needs. What about an online offering (though I'm not really keen on the idea). Thanks for any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Domenick wrote: >OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can >anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alo...

Outlook2007 automation problem with ".Display"
I am using automation in a VB5 program to send Emails using Outlook2007. If I use the ".Send" mailitem the email is sent out Immediately. If I use the ".Display" mailitem in my program, after I look over the Email and then click the "Send" button on the Outlook display screen, the email is placed in my outbox but does not get sent out. I have to exit my program and then click "Outlook". When Outlook displays, I can see the Email in the Outbox which will then automatically go out (without me having to click send and receive). I want th...

Calender Problem after Exchange Migration
Hi all, I've got a bit of a Exch Calendar problem. We recently migrated from Exch2000 Srv to Exch2003 Srv. We also changed domain names (AD and company) as well. Due to time constraints and other issues I won't go into, things were a little rushed and the way we did the migration was probably not by the MS rules. Basically we restored a backup of the mailboxes from the old Exch2000 server to the new Exch2003 server. This was done via Qinetix MB idata agent. We thought this would be quicker than exporting the mailbox's out as PST files and then importing them. This part app...

Home Inventory in Money 2007
I'm disappointed that Microsoft hasn't taken the Home Inventory portion of Money more seriously, like Quicken has. Money's Home Inventory section is little more than a spreadsheet, and it does not even show up on installation; you have to unhide it by adjusting your home page display settings. After loading in over 300 home inventory items, I was shocked to realize that there are NO reports and NO way to export to the data to Excel. Does anyone have a solution? Signed, Screwed Perhaps copy/paste. "jpd2112" <jpd2112@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Autonumber problem
Hi, I have a problem with autonumber field in my project: when I deleted some last records, it seems MS Access saved the last number of the autonumber. So when I added a new record, the number would be skipped from the previous record. I'd like the next record will be in order from the previous record in my outonumber field. Is anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?. Thanks... KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 If the value of the autonumber actually matters then you shouldn't be using atuonu...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm noticing a strange problem when I try to open excel files when I connect to a second windows server share. I'm getting a cannot open excel file error. Not sitting at my work mac computer at the moment so not quite sure that was the exact error. <br><br>This error is occuring on both leopard and snow leopard with Office 2008 for mac. <br><br>The two windows servers are being connected to by smb://server1/common and smb://server2/common. <br><br>If i connect to each one i...

VSTO 2005
Folks, I'm trying to do some office automation using VSTO 2005. I've verified that ..Net Programmability Support is installed for every MS Office application and Microsoft Forms 2.0 .Net Programmability Support is also installed under Office Tools through Office Setup. I've then installed VSTO 2005 (vstor.exe, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f5539a90-dc41-4792-8ef8-f4de62ff1e81&displaylang=en). After installing everything and doing a reboot, I'm not getting an Office node under Visual C# with any of the office templates in Visual Studio 2005 ...

No access to Money..please help
After re-installing Money because of software problems,it still won't let me in because I have not signed the End User Agreement. The screen which should come up for me to sign the agreement does not come up. How can I access this screen so that I can sign the agreement and hence access Money?? In microsoft.public.money, Tricia wrote: >After re-installing Money because of software problems,it >still won't let me in because I have not signed the End >User Agreement. The screen which should come up for me >to sign the agreement does not come up. How can I acce...

Void Deferral Transactions Problem
I am having a problem voiding some deferred transactions. I entered the transactions through Receivables Management. I can see these transactions under the customers in the Deferral Inquiry window. However, they do not show up in the Void Deferral Transactions window for me to void. Some other transactions entered the same way in the same batch as these but under different customers do show up. Cannot figure out why that would be. I have tried check links and deferral check links to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks! Paul ...

some problems with OL 2007
Hi, I have used OL XP (2002) for years and I was very happy. But some friends convince me I should be more "modern" so I installed Office 2007, with Win XP SP4. It seems very complicated to me, but I have problems with Outlook. My emails don't download "normally", I have to close OL and reopen it (of course before, I did a send/receive and there was no email), not always though, sometimes they download. To prevent your next question, they are mail that should have been in my inbox for some time (a few hours). Also I don't get an alert. "Before" I ...

Problem: creating memory CDC for drawing and saving into BMP object in different color mode
Definition of problem: 1. I have some function Draw(CDC* dc) for drawing smth on CDC object. The body of function is "black box", I won't change it. 2. I need draw it into memory CDC object. Well, following code will do it for me: CDC mydc; mydc.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); // pDC is some display DC CBitmap m_bitmap; m_bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(mydc, width, height); // <- creating an internal bitmap CBitmap* m_pOldBitmap = dc.SelectObject(&m_bitmap); Draw(&mydc); // draw scene ........ do smth with mydc ...... if (m_pOldBitmap) mydc.SelectObject(m_pOldBitmap); The...