Problems with Bank of America

Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of their
products.  For the last four years I have happily been using Money 2004 and
downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement."

Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 saying
that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt data".
A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I upgraded
my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support IE7 yet)
and they don't know why it isn't working.   BTW I was able to download data
from my B of A savings without difficulty today...

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what I can tell them to get
them to fix whatever it is they screwed up when they upgraded my account?
Everything was working fine until I upgraded the checking account.
Coincidence?  Puhleez.
0
wanderer (3)
1/12/2007 5:09:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C736E0.B2BF8AA0

B of A has always screwed up for me.  Only suggestion I could recommend =
is installing Firefox 2.0 and see if you can access their site.

--=20
Jason
Windows Vista RTM
MS Office 2007 RTM
  "wanderer" <wanderer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of =
their=20
  products.  For the last four years I have happily been using Money =
2004 and=20
  downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement."

  Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 =
saying=20
  that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt =
data". =20
  A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I =
upgraded=20
  my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support =
IE7 yet)=20
  and they don't know why it isn't working.   BTW I was able to download =
data=20
  from my B of A savings without difficulty today...

  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what I can tell them to =
get=20
  them to fix whatever it is they screwed up when they upgraded my =
account? =20
  Everything was working fine until I upgraded the checking account. =20
  Coincidence?  Puhleez.
------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C736E0.B2BF8AA0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>B of A has always screwed up for =
me.&nbsp; Only=20
suggestion I could recommend is installing Firefox 2.0 and see if you =
can access=20
their site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Jason<BR>Windows Vista RTM<BR>MS Office 2007 RTM</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"wanderer" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:wanderer@discussions.microsoft.com">wanderer@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:891A82F5-3DD0-44FE-BA7A-49BF05904887@microsoft.com">news:891=
A82F5-3DD0-44FE-BA7A-49BF05904887@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Yesterday=20
  I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of their=20
  <BR>products.&nbsp; For the last four years I have happily been using =
Money=20
  2004 and <BR>downloading checking data manually using "Active=20
  Statement."<BR><BR>Today, when I tried to download the data I got a =
response=20
  from M2004 saying <BR>that the "file I attempted to import was invalid =
or=20
  contained corrupt data".&nbsp; <BR>A call to B of A resulted in them =
saying it=20
  was coincidental that I upgraded <BR>my account and that they no =
longer=20
  support M2004 (and don't support IE7 yet) <BR>and they don't know why =
it isn't=20
  working.&nbsp;&nbsp; BTW I was able to download data <BR>from my B of =
A=20
  savings without difficulty today...<BR><BR>Does anyone have any=20
  ideas/suggestions as to what I can tell them to get <BR>them to fix =
whatever=20
  it is they screwed up when they upgraded my account?&nbsp; =
<BR>Everything was=20
  working fine until I upgraded the checking account.&nbsp;=20
  <BR>Coincidence?&nbsp; Puhleez.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C736E0.B2BF8AA0--

0
jay7771 (1)
1/13/2007 2:01:50 PM

On Jan 13, 9:01=A0am, "Jason" <j...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> B of A has always screwed up for me. =A0Only suggestion I could recommend=
 is installing Firefox 2.0 and see if you can access their site.

> --
> Jason
> Windows Vista RTM
> MS Office 2007 RTM
> =A0 "wanderer" <wande...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:=
891A82F5-3DD0-44FE-BA7A-49BF05904887@microsoft.com...
> =A0 Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of =
their
> =A0 products. =A0For the last four years I have happily been using Money =
2004 and
> =A0 downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement."
>
> =A0 Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 =
saying
> =A0 that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt=
 data". =A0
> =A0 A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I u=
pgraded
> =A0 my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support I=
E7 yet)
> =A0 and they don't know why it isn't working. =A0 BTW I was able to downl=
oad data
> =A0 from my B of A savings without difficulty today...
>
> =A0 Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what I can tell them to =
get
> =A0 them to fix whatever it is they screwed up when they upgraded my acco=
unt? =A0
> =A0 Everything was working fine until I upgraded the checking account. =
=A0
> =A0 Coincidence? =A0Puhleez.

So instead of wasting all this time with BOA on the phone, why don't
you do what I and many others do. Post your transactions MANUALLY into
Money. It only takes a minute or two a day, a lot quicker than all the
effort to make the downloads "work". Every few days phone or check the
BOA website to make sure your Money balance agrees to what the bank
says. I've been doing the MANUAL thing with ALL my checking and credit
card transactions for years. It seems so much easier than dealing with
the agrivation of constantly wondering if what the downloads say is
correct or screwed up. JMHO. Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)
1/13/2007 3:42:48 PM
On 13 Jan 2007 07:42:48 -0800, "Steve" <sjcohen730@aol.com> wrote:

>On Jan 13, 9:01!m, "Jason" <j...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> B of A has always screwed up for me. nly suggestion I could recommend is installing Firefox 2.0 and see if you can access their site.
>>
>> --
>> Jason
>> Windows Vista RTM
>> MS Office 2007 RTM
>>  "wanderer" <wande...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:891A82F5-3DD0-44FE-BA7A-49BF05904887@microsoft.com...
>>  Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of their
>>  products. or the last four years I have happily been using Money 2004 and
>>  downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement."
>>
>>  Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 saying
>>  that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt data".
>>  A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I upgraded
>>  my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support IE7 yet)
>>  and they don't know why it isn't working.  BTW I was able to download data
>>  from my B of A savings without difficulty today...
>>
>>  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what I can tell them to get
>>  them to fix whatever it is they screwed up when they upgraded my account?
>>  Everything was working fine until I upgraded the checking account.
>>  Coincidence? uhleez.
>

>So instead of wasting all this time with BOA on the phone, why don't
>you do what I and many others do. Post your transactions MANUALLY into
>Money. It only takes a minute or two a day, a lot quicker than all the
>effort to make the downloads "work". Every few days phone or check the
>BOA website to make sure your Money balance agrees to what the bank
>says. I've been doing the MANUAL thing with ALL my checking and credit
>card transactions for years. It seems so much easier than dealing with
>the agrivation of constantly wondering if what the downloads say is
>correct or screwed up. JMHO. Steve

That's a crock - until Money 2007 (when I was using Money 2004 for
YEARS) it was flawless.  Once I could successfully download my
transactions from my bank it meant that when I used my checkcard out
and about I can verify that my card number is not on the receipt and
toss it.  I used to have a wallet chock full of old receipts so that I
could put them into money.  Not any more though with Money 2007 looks
like it may be a step backwards.  I've currently been on a support
call with M$ for over an hour trying to resolve this problem to no
avail.  I don't use BoA but my bank used to work and no longer does.
0
221 (3)
1/13/2007 4:30:36 PM
I must be missing something, but why in the world with all the automation
offered by money one would choose to input transactions manually. The major
factor in owning this program for me has been the convenience of error-free
downloads.  I admit I don't use Bank of America anymore because they didn't
support money for a while, so I moved to Wells Fargo. Never a bit of
trouble, and never any problems with downloads in my 10 years or so I've
been using them.

It has removed 5958 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

0
steveroe1 (13)
1/14/2007 10:46:23 PM
While I am not among those who enter transactions manually, a common reason
given is because downloading is not error free and is more trouble than
it's worth.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"Steve Roebuck" <steveroe@swbell.net.remove_this> wrote in message
> I must be missing something, but why in the world with all the automation
> offered by money one would choose to input transactions manually. The
> major factor in owning this program for me has been the convenience of
> error-free downloads....

0
spam_magnet (1210)
1/15/2007 12:53:43 AM
I get it my way the first time, error and hassle free. Even if I did
download data, there is a lot of data I collect (paycheck information,
splits, memos about warranties and serial numbers and so forth) that will
probably not even attempt to download in our lifetimes.

Stick around the newsgroup for a while. Probably half of the posts deal with
some issue related to problems downloading data. I skip all of these issues.
Every one of them.

There is not ONE function in Money, besides downloading data, that depends
uniquely on downloaded data and doesn't not work equally well or better with
(correctly) hand-entered data.

So you have all of your accounts at WF?

"Steve Roebuck" <steveroe@swbell.net.remove_this> wrote in message
>I must be missing something, but why in the world with all the automation
>offered by money one would choose to input transactions manually. The major
>factor in owning this program for me has been the convenience of error-free
>downloads.  I admit I don't use Bank of America anymore because they didn't
>support money for a while, so I moved to Wells Fargo. Never a bit of
>trouble, and never any problems with downloads in my 10 years or so I've
>been using them.

So it looks like no one, thus far, has a solution.  Bank of America has been
useless, they say they don't "really" support MS Money.  I do manually input
most of my transactions, but there are often those that I (or the wife)
forget to input.  Downloading data helped me to capture those transactions
and also catch any errors.  It obviates the need to "balance my checkbook" as
well.

I even downloaded OFX analyzer and found the error codes for the corrupt
data B of A is sending me, but there was no one there who knew what I was
talking about.  Maybe I will switch to Wells Fargo, though they screwed my
wife over in the past as well with arbitrary holds on funds, etc.  Have
people been satisfied with their support for MS Money?

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I get it my way the first time, error and hassle free. Even if I did
> download data, there is a lot of data I collect (paycheck information,
> splits, memos about warranties and serial numbers and so forth) that will
> probably not even attempt to download in our lifetimes.
>
> Stick around the newsgroup for a while. Probably half of the posts deal with
> some issue related to problems downloading data. I skip all of these issues.
> Every one of them.
>
> There is not ONE function in Money, besides downloading data, that depends
> uniquely on downloaded data and doesn't not work equally well or better with
> (correctly) hand-entered data.
>
> So you have all of your accounts at WF?
>
> "Steve Roebuck" <steveroe@swbell.net.remove_this> wrote in message
> >I must be missing something, but why in the world with all the automation
> >offered by money one would choose to input transactions manually. The major
> >factor in owning this program for me has been the convenience of error-free
> >downloads.  I admit I don't use Bank of America anymore because they didn't
> >support money for a while, so I moved to Wells Fargo. Never a bit of
> >trouble, and never any problems with downloads in my 10 years or so I've
> >been using them.

0
wanderer (3)
1/16/2007 1:40:00 AM
I have had nothing but positive experiences using Wells Fargo with Money.
One caveat I must add is that I use Wells Fargo's website for downloading
transactions, and also Wells Fargo's Bill Pay. I don't try to make Money do
downloading or bill paying automatically, or using Not-Quite-Direct-Connect,
or whatever they're calling it these days.

I have also had my share of problems with Wells Fargo's doing weird things
with my accounts, but they have decreased dramatically in recent years,
after several really dreadful missteps immediately after they took over my
old bank. I have actually been reasonably happy with them for a while now,
and as far as I can tell they have the best online banking features
available anywhere. A couple of times they made me mad enough off line to
make me go looking around, but the online functionality kept me in the fold
every time.

The only thing they're way behind on is nickel-and-diming the customer with
stupid fees. However, it doesn't add up to enough to be more than an
annoyance for me.

I would definitely say that they're worth a look. So many people here have
had bad experiences with BofA that I would not even consider using them.
OTOH, you very seldom see posts from people having problems with WF.

HTH,

Susan

> So it looks like no one, thus far, has a solution.  Bank of America has
> been
> useless, they say they don't "really" support MS Money.  I do manually
> input
> most of my transactions, but there are often those that I (or the wife)
> forget to input.  Downloading data helped me to capture those transactions
> and also catch any errors.  It obviates the need to "balance my checkbook"
> as
> well.
>
> I even downloaded OFX analyzer and found the error codes for the corrupt
> data B of A is sending me, but there was no one there who knew what I was
> talking about.  Maybe I will switch to Wells Fargo, though they screwed my
> wife over in the past as well with arbitrary holds on funds, etc.  Have
> people been satisfied with their support for MS Money?
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> I get it my way the first time, error and hassle free. Even if I did
>> download data, there is a lot of data I collect (paycheck information,
>> splits, memos about warranties and serial numbers and so forth) that will
>> probably not even attempt to download in our lifetimes.
>>
>> Stick around the newsgroup for a while. Probably half of the posts deal
>> with
>> some issue related to problems downloading data. I skip all of these
>> issues.
>> Every one of them.
>>
>> There is not ONE function in Money, besides downloading data, that
>> depends
>> uniquely on downloaded data and doesn't not work equally well or better
>> with
>> (correctly) hand-entered data.
>>
>> So you have all of your accounts at WF?
>>
>> "Steve Roebuck" <steveroe@swbell.net.remove_this> wrote in message
>> >I must be missing something, but why in the world with all the
>> >automation
>> >offered by money one would choose to input transactions manually. The
>> >major
>> >factor in owning this program for me has been the convenience of
>> >error-free
>> >downloads.  I admit I don't use Bank of America anymore because they
>> >didn't
>> >support money for a while, so I moved to Wells Fargo. Never a bit of
>> >trouble, and never any problems with downloads in my 10 years or so I've
>> >been using them.

No, but I have multiple Wells Fargo accounts for several people that I
track. I use Wells bill pay, not money's. I do use Money bill pay for a
Chase Bank account, and that seems to work ol. though I've only used it for
a year or so.  BTW, I'm presently using M06.

I also have Smith Barney, Fidelity, and DiscoverCard which I download. I
will admit that Smith Barney could use some work. Seems like I dont always
get dividends credited.

Again, I can't remember a time when Well Fargo bank, WF MasterCard, or
savings accounts have experienced an error.

I also have Ameritrade, but I don't like the way it deals with buys/sells of
it's moneymarket fund.

message news:%23P%23iZIGOHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I get it my way the first time, error and hassle free. Even if I did
>download data, there is a lot of data I collect (paycheck information,
>splits, memos about warranties and serial numbers and so forth) that will
>probably not even attempt to download in our lifetimes.
>
> Stick around the newsgroup for a while. Probably half of the posts deal
> with some issue related to problems downloading data. I skip all of these
> issues. Every one of them.
>
> There is not ONE function in Money, besides downloading data, that depends
> uniquely on downloaded data and doesn't not work equally well or better
> with (correctly) hand-entered data.
>
> So you have all of your accounts at WF?
>
> "Steve Roebuck" <steveroe@swbell.net.remove_this> wrote in message
>>I must be missing something, but why in the world with all the automation
>>offered by money one would choose to input transactions manually. The
>>major factor in owning this program for me has been the convenience of
>>error-free downloads.  I admit I don't use Bank of America anymore because
>>they didn't support money for a while, so I moved to Wells Fargo. Never a
>>bit of trouble, and never any problems with downloads in my 10 years or so
>>I've been using them.

It has removed 6277 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

0
steveroe1 (13)
1/17/2007 12:26:56 PM

-------------------------=AD-----
> It has removed 6277 spam emails to date.
> Try SPAMfighter for free now!- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

What this discussion is saying is that no matter what downloading
method is used THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A POSSIBILITY OF ERROR and because
of that the person doing their financial activities on Money must
always check the downloads. I find that my way of doing these
transactions manually is really quicker because I KNOW what I want to
see entered into Money for my transaction. It is true that you have to
"remember to add every transaction", but if you forget one you will
remember it when you check the bank or credit card balance every few
days. Obviously this does not work for someone with more than 10
transactions a day, but for the average personal user doing it manually
is great. I use almost all the features of Money and it has very
accurately tracked my net worth for the past almost 12 years. But as we
see in this thread, different strokes for different folks. Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)
1/17/2007 3:28:45 PM
For me, the effort of checking, and correcting a few, is FAR less than the
effort of manually entering everything.

My accounts always balance with little or no effort.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"Steve" <sjcohen730@aol.com> wrote in message

What this discussion is saying is that no matter what downloading method is
used THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A POSSIBILITY OF ERROR and because of that the
person doing their financial activities on Money must always check the
downloads. ...

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

sync problems

Date problem

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

Problem creating credit card account
When creating a Chase or Amazon.com credit cards I am having this happen to me when it creates the card and I can't figure out how to fix it so there is just one card showing. I attached a jpeg of what I am seeing. It's like it created multiple instances of the card and also show balances of my other cards. I am not sure if it is because these cards are associated with Chase or what. When I had it setup the online service for the card then that is when it creates the other instances. I hope someone can makes sence of this. Thanks! ...

Problems with CRichEditCtrl problems
Hi, I'd like to have some help regarding something I'm having an hard time figuring out. I'm develloping a chat programm where the Output window is a rich edit ctrl (I used CRichEditCtrl in one cases and CreateWindowEx(.."RichEdit"..) in the other one. I use StreamIn to stream in the chat information (since I want to use the rft format). I user \Par to perfrom line skipping, however, for some reason, on the computer of one of my user who's using Windows98, it doesn't not work and instand of seeing the text the way it should be (with the line skipping) the...

OL 2003 registry or installn problem
Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o getting error message tried restart in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried restoring form office settings and failed tried repair and no better result what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep the app't, tasks, reminders for the m...