problem in use money files after change of hard disc

I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in
2005.  Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard
disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run
satisfactorily before the crash.  When I try to run openthe file it always
says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a
copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a
while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....".
Can any one help me.

I have run the same file on another machine with the same version of money
and it works ok.

--
George
0

In microsoft.public.money, George wrote:

>I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in
>2005.  Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard
>disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run
>satisfactorily before the crash.  When I try to run openthe file it always
>says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a
>copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a
>while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....".
>Can any one help me.
>
>I have run the same file on another machine with the same version of money
>and it works ok.

I assume you are running XP.

Either open the sample.mny file in your install folder, or let
Money 2005 create a new Money file, clicking Decline in the
process.  It will do an update.  Close Money.  Then open Money and
check that Help->About...  says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Then you should be able to open or restore your existing files.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Problem shortcuts in Word

How to use CPicturHolder class? #2
Hello, I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. But using that I am not able to show the picture in Picture contrl Plz show simple some code for better understanding...... plz tell me. Klic Klic wrote: > Hello, > > I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp > etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one > object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. > But usin...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

change a reference variable
Hi, After the following statements, can I change i to be a reference to k? Thanks. Tony int j, k; ... int& i = j; // make i to be a reference to j >After the following statements, can I change i to be a reference to k? Yes. int j, k; j = 0; k = 1; int& i = j; // i now refers to j (0) i = k; // i now refers to k (1) Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >>After the following statements, can I change i to be a reference to k? > >Yes. What am I talking about? A reference can't be changed - only initialised. Scrub my stupid last reply. Dave -- ...

calendar problem

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

problem #4

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpful to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! Add "Document Location" to the QAT. You'll find it in the "Com...

Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges? Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan see response to your earlier posting -- Regards Roger Govier Bertrand wrote: > Hello, > > Does any...

95 and 97 problem

Money 2006 not starting after signing process
Since yesterday (08-24-06) I am unbale to get into my Money 2006; it starts and asks for my e-mail and password in the 'Sign in to open your Money file' but after this a 'Microsoft Money Error Reporting' message shows stating an internal error and will have to restart the 'Error signature' shows: "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 15.0.0.513 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000" and a techical information file (C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\fdr2168.fdr) about the error report can be viewed. I will appreciate your help.... I need to check and p...

Date problem

how to read XML with entities using C#
Hi there, I have two xml files, one is a master file and the other is just a fragment of xml. Master xml file uses 'DOCTYPE' to define the other file as an entity. Then, the master uses entity references that are supposed to be expanded into real content at parsing time. Examples are provided below. When I open master xml file in InternetExplorer , IE shows correct content. All the entities are transformed into right xml. So far I have been unsuccessfull in getting similar result when I try to do the same programmatically using C#. I was trying to use XmlDocument and XmlVal...

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Resource editor problems

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...

Cell Format