Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008

I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of
converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read.  (Changing to
Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money).

Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and
eventually crashes the program.  The window says "Converting file..." with a
progress bar that never even begins to fill.

If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes:

Problem details:

Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	MSMoney.EXE
  Application Version:	17.0.0.1414
  Application Timestamp:	47b661e7
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_f4b0
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	03330fc3
  OS Version:	6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	f4b0
  Additional Information 2:	0071a95bb9f995a9274561ef29ce1eae
  Additional Information 3:	5519
  Additional Information 4:	851aede10e99c695546e7ec309fad6b9

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Motenko wrote:

>I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of
>converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read.  (Changing to
>Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money).
>
>Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and
>eventually crashes the program.  The window says "Converting file..." with a
>progress bar that never even begins to fill.

I suggest going thru Money 2004 as an intermediate step. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us  on how to convert 2002
up....

Instead of setting the date to December 31, 2004, I would use
November 1, 2004 in case you need some extra time.

0
Cal
6/5/2010 3:16:15 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Motenko wrote:
>
> >I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of
> >converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read.  (Changing to
> >Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money).
> >
> >Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and
> >eventually crashes the program.  The window says "Converting file..." with a
> >progress bar that never even begins to fill.
>
> I suggest going thru Money 2004 as an intermediate step. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us  on how to convert 2002
> up....
>
> Instead of setting the date to December 31, 2004, I would use
> November 1, 2004 in case you need some extra time.
>

> .
> I tried going thru Money 2004, 2005 and 2006.  They wouldn't accept my username and password -- the same username and password I've been using in Money 2002 for eight years....
   (Since roughly the beginning of this year [probably not a coincidence],
every time I sign into Money 2002, I get a window saying something like,
"Money is unable to verify your sign-in and will only allow you to work
offline."  But then when it opens my data files, it DOES allow me to work
online.  Something must have changed on the Microsoft end???)
   After nothing else worked for the file conversion, I re-installed Money
2002, and now IT doesn't recognize my username and password!  However, I also
have Money 2002 installed on my old computer, and luckily it will still allow
me to open my data files -- using the same username and password that the
NEWLY installed Money 2002 DOESN'T recognize on my new computer.  Does that
make sense?
   So now I can access my data files on my old computer, but I don't dare
uninstall Money 2002 (to install Money 2004 or later), because then I'll
never be able to access my data files!  Help!
Just a thought.. Have you tried removing the password before trying to
covert the file

Cindy

"Motenko" <Motenko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Motenko wrote:
>>
>> >I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of
>> >converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read.  (Changing
>> >Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money).
>> >
>> >Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up
>> >and
>> >eventually crashes the program.  The window says "Converting file..."
>> >with a
>> >progress bar that never even begins to fill.
>>
>> I suggest going thru Money 2004 as an intermediate step. See
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us  on how to convert 2002
>> up....
>>
>> Instead of setting the date to December 31, 2004, I would use
>> November 1, 2004 in case you need some extra time.
>>

>> .
>> I tried going thru Money 2004, 2005 and 2006.  They wouldn't accept my
>> username and password -- the same username and password I've been using
>> in Money 2002 for eight years....
>   (Since roughly the beginning of this year [probably not a coincidence],
> every time I sign into Money 2002, I get a window saying something like,
> "Money is unable to verify your sign-in and will only allow you to work
> offline."  But then when it opens my data files, it DOES allow me to work
> online.  Something must have changed on the Microsoft end???)
>   After nothing else worked for the file conversion, I re-installed Money
> 2002, and now IT doesn't recognize my username and password!  However, I
> also
> have Money 2002 installed on my old computer, and luckily it will still
> allow
> me to open my data files -- using the same username and password that the
> NEWLY installed Money 2002 DOESN'T recognize on my new computer.  Does
> that
> make sense?
>   So now I can access my data files on my old computer, but I don't dare
> uninstall Money 2002 (to install Money 2004 or later), because then I'll
> never be able to access my data files!  Help!

0
Cindy
6/10/2010 2:38:26 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Motenko wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Motenko wrote:
>>
>> >I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of
>> >converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read.  (Changing to
>> >Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money).
>> >
>> >Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and
>> >eventually crashes the program.  The window says "Converting file..." with a
>> >progress bar that never even begins to fill.
>>
>> I suggest going thru Money 2004 as an intermediate step. See
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us  on how to convert 2002
>> up....
>>
>> Instead of setting the date to December 31, 2004, I would use
>> November 1, 2004 in case you need some extra time.
>>

>> .
>> I tried going thru Money 2004, 2005 and 2006.  They wouldn't accept my username and password -- the same username and password I've been using in Money 2002 for eight years....
>   (Since roughly the beginning of this year [probably not a coincidence],
>every time I sign into Money 2002, I get a window saying something like,
>"Money is unable to verify your sign-in and will only allow you to work
>offline."  But then when it opens my data files, it DOES allow me to work
>online.  Something must have changed on the Microsoft end???)
>   After nothing else worked for the file conversion, I re-installed Money
>2002, and now IT doesn't recognize my username and password!  However, I also
>have Money 2002 installed on my old computer, and luckily it will still allow
>me to open my data files -- using the same username and password that the
>NEWLY installed Money 2002 DOESN'T recognize on my new computer.  Does that
>make sense?
>   So now I can access my data files on my old computer, but I don't dare
>uninstall Money 2002 (to install Money 2004 or later), because then I'll
>never be able to access my data files!  Help!

Your caution is justified.

Since the old Passport server is off, Money 2002 ... 2004 cannot
sign in to Passport and cannot remove the Passport/Live ID.

I think your hope is to try the Money 2005 trial as an intermediate
step to conversion to Money Deluxe Sunset.  I think Money Deluxe
Sunset will let you remove the Passport/LiveID.

Do the attempted conversion on a different (maybe a friend's)
computer (or a virtual PC if you know how to do that). Make a
Restore Point on the computer that you are using, in case you want
to undo the installs. This would be particularly good to do if you
are borrowing the computer. On
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us in the first step 3
there is a link to a Money 2005 trial version. See if that can do
the conversion, and then feed its output to the Money  Deluxe Sunset
program. If that works, install Money Plus Deluxe Sunset program
onto your other computer.

Do a System Restore using the restore point if it is appropriate.
Also, delete the files you added including your Money files as well
as the install folder(s) for Microsoft Money in the ProgramFiles
folder. System Restore does not do that. System Restore does put the
registry back, and thus restores associations. Then remove the
delete Money files from the Recycle Bin. The reason for deleting
files is to remove your private data from a borrowed machine, and to
remove extra space-taking files.

0
Cal
6/11/2010 3:15:05 PM
Don't know how to remove the password before trying to convert the file ...
Can you tell me?

"Cindy Conover" wrote:

> Just a thought.. Have you tried removing the password before trying to
> covert the file
>
> Cindy
>
> "Motenko" <Motenko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> I suggest going thru Money 2004 as an intermediate step. See
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us  on how to convert 2002
> >> up....
> >>
> >> Instead of setting the date to December 31, 2004, I would use
> >> November 1, 2004 in case you need some extra time.
> >>

> >> .
> >> I tried going thru Money 2004, 2005 and 2006.  They wouldn't accept my
> >> username and password -- the same username and password I've been using
> >> in Money 2002 for eight years....
> >   (Since roughly the beginning of this year [probably not a coincidence],
> > every time I sign into Money 2002, I get a window saying something like,
> > "Money is unable to verify your sign-in and will only allow you to work
> > offline."  But then when it opens my data files, it DOES allow me to work
> > online.  Something must have changed on the Microsoft end???)
> >   After nothing else worked for the file conversion, I re-installed Money
> > 2002, and now IT doesn't recognize my username and password!  However, I
> > also
> > have Money 2002 installed on my old computer, and luckily it will still
> > allow
> > me to open my data files -- using the same username and password that the
> > NEWLY installed Money 2002 DOESN'T recognize on my new computer.  Does
> > that
> > make sense?
> >   So now I can access my data files on my old computer, but I don't dare
> > uninstall Money 2002 (to install Money 2004 or later), because then I'll
> > never be able to access my data files!  Help!

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

problem #4

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpful to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! Add "Document Location" to the QAT. You'll find it in the "Com...

Money 2006 not starting after signing process
Since yesterday (08-24-06) I am unbale to get into my Money 2006; it starts and asks for my e-mail and password in the 'Sign in to open your Money file' but after this a 'Microsoft Money Error Reporting' message shows stating an internal error and will have to restart the 'Error signature' shows: "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 15.0.0.513 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000" and a techical information file (C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\fdr2168.fdr) about the error report can be viewed. I will appreciate your help.... I need to check and p...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Converting Mailbox into .pst
Hi, A long time ago I used a utility to "copy" clients mailboxes and "convert" them into .pst files. It was done on the server side. Now I can't remember what that utility was. Anyone know what I'm babbling about? Thanks! Mary Ps. We're still on Exchange 5.5... yay... exmerge.exe...great tool...use it a dozen times a day... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mary" <Mary@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:OD4JyYZiGHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > A long time ago I used a utility to "copy" clients mailboxes and "co...