Problem adding Stock to Portfolio

I am using MS Money 2004. I had several failed attemps to create a
portfolio. I had attempted to add investments for IBM and Carnival Corp. I
deleted the portfolio and attemped to recreate. Now when I try to add an
stock investment it gives me the error;

'CCL' is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment.
Please enter a different choice.

I do not have any other investments. How can I resolve this issue.

0
Jcohl001 (1)
7/29/2005 1:13:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

When asked for the stock symbol use the drop down menu rather than trying to
type it in again.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"JerryC" <Jcohl001@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am using MS Money 2004. I had several failed attemps to create a
>portfolio. I had attempted to add investments for IBM and Carnival Corp. I
>deleted the portfolio and attemped to recreate. Now when I try to add an
>stock investment it gives me the error;
>
> 'CCL' is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment.
> Please enter a different choice.
>
> I do not have any other investments. How can I resolve this issue.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)

Adding control boxes automatically
Hi Folks, I'm completly jammed here, I've been trying to find a way to add control box to a form by clicking a bottom. Unfortunately, I've keep failed. Could someone help me on this matter. Your help will be very appreciated That's an extremely unusual thing to have to do in a production application. Perhaps you can explain your situation, and someone will be able to suggest an alternative. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Fred's" <frederic10_mess@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1193673833.6376...

Ads in 2007 demo version
I've downloaded the 2007 premium demo version from MS and like most of what I've seen. I am disappointed, however, that the Planning and Investing tabs go to web pages, complete with motion advertisements and wire reports. Another click is required to go to pages that have my information on them. Is this the same behavior that occurs in the retail version? Thanks Yup. "BTF" <btfnohamproducts@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:23j8g2pb0odul649ph8a9eo4t3o2oeirmu@4ax.com... > I've downloaded the 2007 premium demo version from MS and like most of > what I...

adding rows #2
How do I add rows without changing cell location in the formula. For example: The data for the formula is always located in cell B4 and if I add a row on top of B4, I want the formula to remain with B4. Right now, if I add a row, the cell in the formula goes down one row. Hope for help If I understand, you're adding a row higher than B4. This shifts B4 down, but you want the "new" B4 to be the data for the formula. If this is the case you could try this: =formula(OFFSET(A1,3,1,1,1)) That is, as long as you don't add a new top row. ...

OL 2003 registry or installn problem
Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o getting error message tried restart in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried restoring form office settings and failed tried repair and no better result what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep the app't, tasks, reminders for the m...

Big Problem Sending
Out of the blue on Thursday, Outlook stopped sending my email. It's just racking up in my outbox. I checked all the regular stuff several times (tools-accounts-servers- smtp) and that all seems correct. I even spent over an hour on the phone with SBC today, and they say the server is fine and tried some troubleshooting activities to try to help, to no avail. I'm losing my mind and I NEED HELP! I'm going to start losing clients if I can't get my email sent out. Please Help! Are you getting any error messages when you try to send? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephens...

Problem with resources in MFC extension DLL
Hi, I have an MFC extension dll and in the destructor of one of the classes it exports I'm trying to access a string declared in its String Table, but I can't. It keeps loading an empty string. I'm guessing it's because the resources are unloaded before calling the destructor. Am I right? Thanks Mikel You have not explained what you are attempting to do. It seems that you are saying that the destructor is being called *from the main program* at some (undefined) point in time. Or is it being called from within the DLL itself? Also, it is not clear that the destructor, w...

SFO
Hi, We have an issue at the moment and wanted to check to see if anyone else was getting this before rasied a case with Microsoft directly. Basically when using the CRM Email button in SFO to create an email, we click on the Regarding button which brings up a search box where you can search for accounts/users etc. If you have an account in your CRM called Leeds & Birmingham (for example) we perform a search for 'Leeds & Birmingham' and it comes back with no results. If you search for 'Leeds' it finds the account and if you search for 'Leeds &amp;' i...

Problem opening office xp excel files
Hi all, I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run bu it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goe away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help? This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked then uncheck it. -- Regards Ken..........................

Public Folder Contact Problem #3
I am running exchange 5.5 sp4. I have a couple of public folders used for maintaining contacts. We use one folder called "recruiting" for maintaining job applicants and their information. We have another folder called "employees" which have our employees in them. The idea here is that we add the job applicant, and then at the bottom of the contact, in the contacts section, we add the person who is going to interview them. If I open a recruiting contact, and at the bottom of the contact, where it says "Contacts", add an employee from the "employee&qu...

problem with IXMLDOMDocument's method loadXML
I'm trying to parse XML file using MSXML. This is my code: //first establishing connection, downloading xml file from http server and store it in CHttpFile object (pFile) // (...) CFile file; file.Open("c:\\test.xml", CFile::OpenFlags::modeRead,0); int size = file.GetLength(); char *str = new char[size+1]; file.Read(str, file.GetLength()+1); file.Close(); _variant_t varOut((bool)TRUE); varOut = pDomDocument->loadXML(str); if ((bool)varOut == TRUE) { //parse the document } else { MSXML2::IXMLDOMParseErrorPtr errPtr = pDomDocument->GetparseError(); CString err...

Problem receiveng my Yahoo messages
This is what I get when i try to get my mail, what am I doing wrong?!? ERROR Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [SYS/PERM] pop not allowed for user.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 Did those settings ever work for you? Do you have a free Yahoo account or a paid one?=20 US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access.=20 Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for prem...

Problem with Pivot Table
Hiyee all~~ I'm a newbie of Excel with VBA. I got a question that need help fro you all. When I create the pivot table, I record the macro. After complet building the pivot table, I stop my macro. Hence, the next time I wan to built my pivot table, I will just click on macro. When I recorded it with macro, I can built it with the same amount o data. The problem here is, when I expanded my data, I cant get th correct pivot table. For example, my data initially from R1C1:R10C4 and I modify it to R1C1:R20C4, I cant get the correct pivot table buil from the macro. What can I do to it? Anyone...

Problems with CTabCtrl
I derived a new class from CTabCtrl. I created four dialogs for each tab. The tab controls is displayed fine and all the controls for each tab are also displayed. The problem is that I cannot initialize the edit controls in OnInitDialog for each tab dialog. m_cNameEdit.SetWindowText( m_sName ); IDD_NAME_EDIT has 'm_cNameEdit' and 'm_sName' as member variables. Variables are defined in the CTab1Dlg class. When the tab appears there is nothing in the edit control. Thanks. "Mark F." <replytogroup@news.com> wrote in message news:21TFd.3196$Z%.402@fe1.tex...

Strangest Problem Ever
I will try to be as clear as possible here. I am using Outlook 2002. (thats clear so far!)..I have 2 different Email profiles. One for me, one for my wife. It was working fine. All of the sudden, her account won't send/receive. I get an 0x8 error saying the pop server couldnt be found. All the settings are correct. Now for the tricky part. I switch to my profile, and everything works fine. In addition, I add her info as another address in MY profile and it works fine again! Then I switch to her profile and no dice! Am I still clear? Any help is appreciated! Steve Try creating a...

PO Label printing problem
After receiving a PO and I'm in label printing , Some of the recv'd items require different formats i.e. Sticker,Hangtag,Jewelery. It seems to be only one type can be done. Is there a way to assign a format by item or categogy? Some label-printing add-on? ...

Problem with task creation from e-mails.
Hi everybody! We trying to create a task from an e-mail. We move the e-mail from the inbox to the task icon and the task is showed as a simple nice created task. But when we try that task to save and close, we got this error: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" We check of course all details, time, when, and if another information lack, anyway everything is OK. This is happen every time. We have MS-Office XP Prof. SP3 and MS-Outlook connect to Ex2k3. Thanx and Regards, Luciano ...

Problem with creating two variable data table
Presently I am unable to set up a formula in a cell for two inpu variable. I have gone through EXCEL help on how to create two variabl data table but unable to do so. There may something wrong in formula. I have done the following : Inserted a formula in cell D20 which read as : D21^2+E20^2-4. Keyed in a set of inputs in same column below the cell in which formul is written i.e. D21:D26 and keyed in another set of input in same ro in the cell that is at the right of formula cell i.e. E20:J20. Always one message comes "Input cell reference is not valid". Ther must be something wro...

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

Help recording a reverse stock split
A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. Microsoft money does not have an option for this. Does anybody have a work around for this problem. In microsoft.public.money, mncpastud wrote: >A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. > >Microsoft money does not have an option for this. > >Does anybody have a work around for this problem. For a regular split, you might do a 2 for 1 split. For a reverse split, do a 1 for 10 split, or whatever the split is. The problem with the reverse split is the first number: it is .1429 for 1. The first number has to be a ...

Linking problem #2
Hi I am using Excel 2000 and am using a spreadsheet with many pages and a large number of cells linking to external workbooks. These links are no longer required. I have tried to change the source to delete it however nothing is working. Is there a way to delete the links in one go so that I do not get the auto-update request every time I open the file? Thanks Bill :confused: -- danison ------------------------------------------------------------------------ danison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10098 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

Page Problems
In my database I am using Access 2002, and I found the best way to display the information that I have is by using pages which works fine on the computer I created the database on. However, when I try to transfer the database and all the pages to another computer I get error messages when trying to display these pages which say "Data Provider Could Not Be Initialized" followed by "Disk or Network Error" Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated! ...

.pst too large can it effect server problems
As per my external IT Company, because my .pst file is 4gigs, it effects my server workability, i mean lately three days in a row our emails in the morning appear offline, when i check the server it says the hosting account is disabled (WAN miniport pptp). So i spoke with my external IT, he is blaming it on my .pst being large, i just do not understand how is it possible for .pst with 4gigs to create such a problem? Is it possible? Thanks If you are saying the pst is hosted on the server, and being accessed by a workstation, that type of installation is not supported by MS as it can l...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

Goofy Form Problem
I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks! Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes? Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset? -- Dave Harg...