Printing Checks - Different style checks for different accounts

I'm having a problem printing checks from Money 2003.

I have three accounts that come up in one  .mny file. Two of the accounts
use 3-on-a-page checks and I want the name and address printed on them. One
account uses voucher checks and needs to be nudged a little south. When I go
to print checks I have to be aware of  what account I'm in and change the
settings by hand to make sure the checks print correctly.

How can I make the check-print settings stick with the account I'm using.
It's a pain to have to remember every time. I'm frequently forgetting and
screwing up a page of checks.

Any help would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Mark Savage

0
savagela (5)
10/1/2003 12:15:23 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The print settings are for the file, not for individual accounts (as you've
noticed).  The only way to get it to stick would be to put this account in a
different file.

"Mark Savage" <savagela@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem printing checks from Money 2003.
>
> I have three accounts that come up in one  .mny file. Two of the accounts
> use 3-on-a-page checks and I want the name and address printed on them.
One
> account uses voucher checks and needs to be nudged a little south. When I
go
> to print checks I have to be aware of  what account I'm in and change the
> settings by hand to make sure the checks print correctly.
>
> How can I make the check-print settings stick with the account I'm using.
> It's a pain to have to remember every time. I'm frequently forgetting and
> screwing up a page of checks.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mark Savage

0
bjclarinet (489)
10/3/2003 11:52:27 AM
Thanks for the answer.

And putting individual accounts in separate files means that they wouldn't
share categories and reports and things, right? So I should just resign
myself to it or is there an easy workaround?

Mark Savage

"Bonnie Synhorst - MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The print settings are for the file, not for individual accounts (as
you've
> noticed).  The only way to get it to stick would be to put this account in
> different file.
>
> "Mark Savage" <savagela@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem printing checks from Money 2003.
> >
> > I have three accounts that come up in one  .mny file. Two of the
accounts
> > use 3-on-a-page checks and I want the name and address printed on them.
> One
> > account uses voucher checks and needs to be nudged a little south. When
> go
> > to print checks I have to be aware of  what account I'm in and change
the
> > settings by hand to make sure the checks print correctly.
> >
> > How can I make the check-print settings stick with the account I'm
using.
> > It's a pain to have to remember every time. I'm frequently forgetting
and
> > screwing up a page of checks.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Mark Savage

0
savagela (5)
10/3/2003 11:02:43 PM
That's correct---everything would be separate.  No easy workaround.

> Thanks for the answer.
>
> And putting individual accounts in separate files means that they wouldn't
> share categories and reports and things, right? So I should just resign
> myself to it or is there an easy workaround?
>
> Mark Savage
>
> "Bonnie Synhorst - MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The print settings are for the file, not for individual accounts (as
> you've
> > noticed).  The only way to get it to stick would be to put this account
in
> > different file.
> >
> > "Mark Savage" <savagela@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > > I'm having a problem printing checks from Money 2003.
> > >
> > > I have three accounts that come up in one  .mny file. Two of the
> accounts
> > > use 3-on-a-page checks and I want the name and address printed on
them.
> > One
> > > account uses voucher checks and needs to be nudged a little south.
When
> > go
> > > to print checks I have to be aware of  what account I'm in and change
> the
> > > settings by hand to make sure the checks print correctly.
> > >
> > > How can I make the check-print settings stick with the account I'm
> using.
> > > It's a pain to have to remember every time. I'm frequently forgetting
> and
> > > screwing up a page of checks.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > >
> > > Mark Savage

0
bjclarinet (489)

account registure listing order
How do I change the listing in the account registure from the oldes transaction first to the newest transacton first -- Poor old fart Depending on version, click on the header "Date" in the register. Or, pull down the View pull down, select the Sort by pull out and go from there. "tomkatlee" <tomkatlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E32E013C-2063-41E2-B365-75480E5DCA6E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the listing in the account registure from the oldes > transaction first to the newest transacton first ...

Not sending mail thru Dfault account . Help pls.!!!
Hi all, I have Exchange server installed on SBS 2000 server. My users use outlook 2002 as there e-mail client. I have configured exchange server but this server is only for internal use (it can't send or recive any external mail). I have set it up cos I wanted to make use of "Public Folders" functionality. This alowes you to share Calender, Task, Contacts.... with other users. The real E-mail account (the one that can send recive external mail) is account provided by ouwer internet provider. So I am useing SMTP account as a default account in outlook and I have configured ou...

Different check stub layout for different checkbooks
We are using GP 7.5. We have three different checkbooks that we will be issuing checks from and I wanted to know if we could have three different checks and 3 differenct check stub layouts. Can you also customize the check distribution report three different ways and save it as another report name?? If someone could advise, I would appreciate. We have one account set up and want to add the two others but need to know if this is possible. thanks barb There are enough check layouts to have three different checks, which specific report are you looking at? Leslie "BK" wr...

can't get account to balance
I have tried balancing my checking account in Money2005 Deluxe. I had been able to and suddenly in March of this year there was an amount there that I couldn't, at that time track down. Usually I'd go to the balance account section, enter in my ending balance and date, and the amount of difference was $0, so the account was in balance and it was usually a 30 sec process to balance the account. Somehow I checked something as being reconciled that maybe wasn't. Is there a way to start that process out from where it was originally?? That is, when I first started the proces...

Printing Avery paper L7413
I have designed a business card in publisher and now i need to print the cards to Avery L7413, I don't seem to able to find the list that lists the special paper in the print set up I need help ASAP If the card stock is a column of two and 5 rows, you can use the following (verify the gaps and margins). Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet ...

Check Mark #3
Would you please show me how to put "Check Mark" in cells. Thank you Chi Hi Chi If the Cell font is Wingdings2 you can use the uppercase P -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chi Huynh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07d701c3d6dc$8b502360$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Would you please show me how to put "Check Mark" in cells. > Thank you > Chi Or another font to use ,format your cells as Marlett then type the letter "a". -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying...

Can I tellthe difference between 'Save' and 'Save As'?
I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to save the file? Thanks M Sorry! worked it out formyself! SaveAsUI! "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C892CE59-1BCA-467F-A461-A1C318262DD6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save >As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to >save the file? > > Thanks > > M ...

Money 2005 Account Setup
I keep getting this message when I try to setup a new account and download the data in Money 2005: "Your accounts couldn’t be updated with information from your bank or brokerage." Has anyone gotten this? What was your problem? I read somewhere that Passport neededc 3-4 days to take effect, and that somehow it will hinder this process - any truth to that? Thanks One of several ubiquitous problems with MS$05...get your money back now before it's too late! jg "Adam T" <Adam T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:390E025A-A6EC-493D-BF15-350E848...

How to add an email account
I haven't been able to figure out how to add an email account in Outlook. I have followed the instructions and I can get to where you click on test account settings. It goes through the steps but a box will come up with the email I made up and I enter my password but the box just keeps coming up. Is there something else that I have to do before adding an email account in Outlook? I have a password for something, but I don't know what it is for. I was given some notes from a lady at work on how to set up an email, but it's not working. No one at work knows how to set up email...

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

How to add different error bars to each data point in excel
I am busy writing a thesis and am plotting some data using the clustered column graph. I have 5 values on the X-axis (time in days...0-4), and for each of these X-axis values (days) I have 3 Y-values (high, medium, low dose observations). The problem is that each Y-axis value is a mean, and has a unique standard error of the mean (SEM). However, I can't find a way to make unique error bars for each data point. Instead, it will only allow me to enter 1 custom error bar value per dose observation over time. I feel like this is doable, but I just can't figure it out. Perhaps ...

No print settings in Excel HTML files
Is there a way to prevent users from printing the HTML files that are created from an Excel workbook ? I see there is html code to do this, but I don't know how to put that into the Excel workbook so that it is always there when the files are updated (which they are frequently). ...

Spell check #16
I lost the spell check on my Outlook v-6 it has an address box to find the spelling but it is empty and I do not know the name of the file. Could you help please Jerry Me Try posting in an Outlook Express group - they can be found under Internet Explorer, its parent program. This group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Http://www.tomsterdam.com is also a good resource for Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

-Help
I've created a quartely report, that only shows the relevant quarters. Meaning, if I run for Jun08, It will show Jun08, Mar08, Dec07. If I prompt the same report for Sept, It will give me Sept08, Jun08, Mar08, Dec07. So the most it can be is 5 columns. (Dec08, Sep08, Jun08, Mar08, Dec07), and the least it would probably be is 2 columns (Mar08, Dec07). The problem I'm having is the margins and pagebreaks were set up, when the report was generating 4 columns, and when I select a different month, that prints one or two less columns, the font size seems to expand and messes up the ...

Money Plus locks up when balancing accounts
When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and click next, the program locks up. curtins4u <curtins4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter >the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear >an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and >click next, the program locks u...

Spreadsheets printing as a mirror image
Every file printed comes out as a mirror image ? Consider updating your printer driver... /i. "Lenny Soulfish" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e901c3a920$c2091a90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every file printed comes out as a mirror image ? Extract this font to your c:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ (or C:\WINNT\Fonts\) directory and the open Word. You should be able to select it from your font menu now and type whatever you want in reverse. Attachment filename: revfont.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachm...

Using a database on a PC with different language
Hi! I am using MS Access 2003 SP3 to create a small staff database. I have a table with staff details including Name, Second name and Surname. I also have a query that returns the Surname & Initials for using on a form (takes less space than all 3 names). It uses the Text formula 'Left' to return the first letters of the fields Name and Second name. This query runs fine on my PC (US English). The problem starts when I try to run this query on another PC with the Russian language (also using MS Access SP3 - Russian). Other forms and queries appear to run without problem, bu...

print macro #2
Hello, Does anyone have a macro that prints the current day calendar on one page? I know I can do it manually, but I'd like a macro to do it. I don't know why I can't just record one like in Excel! Thoughts, alex ...

MFC Printing issue #2
Ok, let's see. OnDraw method draws 2 rectangles, one with top-left point is (0, 0) and bottom-right point is (400, 400). The other one's top-left point is (200, 200) and it's bottom-right point is (600, 600). Since the view inherits from CScrollView, it's easy to make it scroll "on the screen" so the point (200, 200) is shown in the top-left corner of the screen, so the second rectangle appears to be drawn from (0, 0) to (400, 400). Now, the big question is: how can I do it in the printer?. When I set the viewport's origin, the print preview shows everything O...

Print all columns
Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007 spreadsheet with 9 columns (A through I). Here's a screenshot: http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in Landscape mode. Question: How do I get all of the columns to print? Thanks Joe (an Excel noob) You may need to set the Print Area from the PageSetUp tab best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:ezCfWqdRJHA.3...

How do you get the sum of 2 different text values?
For instance, I need to add the amount of times "S" and "HS" appear in a row. I figured out that the COUNTIF function will add the amount of times "S" appears in a row, but I can't figure out how to make it add both and give me a number value as the answer. Is this even possible? Try this: =COUNTIF(A:A,"S")+COUNTIF(A:A,"HS") Regards, Paul "sunshine.girl" <sunshine.girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C63C684-D389-4BA0-A73F-8AC553B7F7D3@microsoft.com... > For instance, I need to add the amount o...

Multiple Email Accounts (Exchange, POP3, and IMAP)
When I jsut have my exchange account setup, everything works fine. But when I add either of my other two accounts, the only thing I can do is receive emails. Everytime I respond to an email, it just sits in my Outbox. I have tried selecting an account to use, not selecting an account to use, multiple variations of the send/receiving groups, but nothing works. What version of Outlook do you have? From your description below, it sounds like Outlook 2002. If so, could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPML...

Check last form to be closed and fire event
Is it possible to check if a form has just been closed? I have a form that has values updated when a related form is closed. I then want to automatically change other values on the open form. This uses code placed on a fields before update event which works fine when changed manually but does not fire when the field is programmatically updated. I have read that I could call the event in code. I am not sure which event to attach the code to now. Can I use the got focus event of the form as the second form closes? Also is it possible to check if the form has just closed and use this as a ...

How to exclude transfers from Account Balance History Report?
I am running a report to show my account balances from month to month. To this end, I am using the report, “Account Balance History”. How do I exclude transfers from this report? The graph has huge downward/upward spikes which I would like to eliminate. My transfers are classified using the special Money facility, i.e. it’s a Transfer as opposed to being a Withdrawal or a Deposit. The transaction is reflected in the account being transferred to, in addition to the account being transferred from. ...

update check box fields in the table using array based on certain value
One of my table has _Ct values and I want to update other relevant fields in the same table ( basically check box) with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on the _ct values. Can some one show me how I can do this in Access and correct the following logic? Public Const ct = "H1_Ct H3_Ct H5a_Ct H5b_Ct RP_Ct swInfA_Ct swH1_Ct" Public Const test = "H1_Tested H3_Tested H5a_Tested H5b_Tested RP_Tested” Public Const result = "H1_Result H3_Result H5a_Result H5b_Result RP_Result" Dim objDB As DAO.Database Dim mytbl As DAO.Recordset Set objDB = CurrentDb() Set myt...