Portfolio Update (Money 2004 Small Business)

When viewing my portfolio and choosing "Update Prices...Update Prices
Online", my prices don't update.  I have an Internet connection and Money IS
able to get to the Internet for its other online features.

0
s-mar (86)
2/3/2004 10:16:49 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

When I check the updates summary, it says that "Money was unable to contact
the online quotes server.  Please check your Internet connection and try
again.."

My Internet connection is fine and I AM able to use Money's other online
features (sign in with Passport, use the Money Browser, get to MSN.com via
the toolbar link, research online) without problems.

"Scott M." <s-mar@BADSPAMsnet.net> wrote in message
> When viewing my portfolio and choosing "Update Prices...Update Prices
> Online", my prices don't update.  I have an Internet connection and Money
IS
> able to get to the Internet for its other online features.

0
s-mar (86)
2/3/2004 10:35:00 PM
I am having the same problem with 2004 Deluxe.  It used
to work fine up until a couple days ago.  I installed or
changed nothing (that I know of).

0
anonymous (74722)
2/3/2004 11:39:40 PM
There are several previous posts on this subject.

Moose
"tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having the same problem with 2004 Deluxe.  It used
> to work fine up until a couple days ago.  I installed or
> changed nothing (that I know of).

Updating Active X controls as suggested by Microsoft
Support and other posting on this board solved the problem
for me with Money 2004 Deluxe running on XP Home. See
Knowledge Base Article 328831, which directly addresses
this issue.

0
anonymous (74722)

Record not updating right away
Using Access 2003. I have a combox lookup field on a form. When I double click on that field, my physician subform opens up to add a new physician. When I add a new physician, I have to enter the last name, then first name and click back into the last name field then click ok for that name to show up in the list. If I don't do it exactly right and click into the next record for instance, I have to close the database before the new physician name shows up in my list. I have a command button on this subform and in the "on click" event procedure I have this code below. N...

RUS not updating...
all of a sudden, when i create a new user, the email address will not auto create. i'm not getting any dns errors. any ideas? JOn Take a glance at the post with subject: "Creat mailbox error ! Please help". It may be helpful for you. "Jon" wrote: > all of a sudden, when i create a new user, the email > address will not auto create. i'm not getting any dns > errors. any ideas? > > > JOn > ...

Project Portfolio Server
Is it possible to customize the "Status" tab in PPS? We wish to include a number of custom attributes as text boxes that PM's would fill out to update their status. We have successfully updated the "Project Info" tab and the Additional Info Tab, but are not able to update the status tab. project.aspx default settings: <tabitem name="Status"> <WP:MonthlyStatus runat="server" > <Config> <content columns="2"> <sectionbreak name="Attributes" width="910" /...

Money and AVG Internet Security
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6000 Build 6000, Microsoft Money 2077 Home & Business v 16.0.150.1303 and AVG Internet Security 7.5. On the 14th, AVG sent four files to the virus vault, two of which were MNYCoreFiles\iofd.tlb and MNYCoreFiles.BAK . . . \iofd.tlb and two related to the registry (I think). These files remain in the virus vault and I have since used Microsoft Money and haven't encountered any problems. (I'm assuming MNYCoreFiles relates to MS Money. AVG classified the files as a virus, WIN32/PolyCrypt. Couple of questions, should I remove the fi...

Update on this....
I also notice that when I close and re-open, some of the icons I added are no longer there. This is more problematic than just being in disarray! ...

Windows 98 & Money Deluxe 2006
I've been using Money Standard 2004. My operating system is still Windows 98. Any problems running a new copy of Money "DELUXE" 2006 which I purchased(deal with taxcut I bought). I'm concerned before I load it as the box doesn't list "W98". If it's ok, then how about compatablity of old data especially since I had been using Money 04 "Standard". Bill F. Your data should be fine. Money 2006 only is supported on Windows 98SE and above (according to the box in front of me), so if you don't have the 'SE' edition, it might not work. Mo...

Can I speed up Money by...
I'm using Money 05. I read before that one of the reasons Money is slow is because of all the historical stock information. Is there a way to delete this history? Not the transaction history, but I the historical daily quote information? In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >I'm using Money 05. I read before that one of the reasons Money is slow is >because of all the historical stock information. I think you may have read that is a reason for files being large. > Is there a way to delete >this history? Not the transaction history, but I the historical daily quo...

No program updates for Money 2004?
I just did my best to navigate Microsoft's web site in search of program updates to Money 2004. I found nothing. Did Microsoft issue any updates, services packs, or whatever for Money 2004? I'm trying to estimate when (if ever) Microsoft issues an update to Money 2005, which seems to be rather unusable now. Thanks for any history lessons! -- David Arnstein arnstein+usenet@pobox.com Money 2004 updates have always been installed automatically when you select "Internet Updates". Make sure the "Get the Latest Money Updates" checkbox is checked. Brian "...

Cumulative Security Update for IE8 kb980182
Hello, I have had the above security update for IE8 install through Windows Update. Has anyone else had issues? If I shut down the system, when rebooting, I get an error message " Cannot access Userfile: may be not on this disk". I am able to get around this by logging off as the current blank user. The system also has gone to Classic View with no option to change to the Vista view. The sidebar is also now opaque instead of transparent. I have a Compaq laptop with 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium, Mobile Sempron processor 3500+ 1.8ghz with 1gb ram. [Crosspost to W...

Formulas not updating
Hi, I am copying my sheets and changing there names. For instance, I have sheets in this order: May 1 - Day and May 1 - Night. May 1 - Night has formula connecting it to May 1 - Day, but when I try to update the formla, excel does not allow me. instead, a window opens asking me to select a file I want to update. Can anyone help me? It means Excel does NOT recognize the Formula reference. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Creating a Database in VWD" <CreatingaDatabaseinVWD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2590B69-8FE5-4042-...

Update log
Hello all, I was wondering if Access had an automate update log that could be turned on that would log any changes that were made to record. If this is not a feature that Access offers does anyone know of a Macro that could help with this? Thanks, ~Amanda~ I believe Allen Browne has a way to do that in Access. I'm not familiar with any built-in tools... http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "AmandaH" <amandah_17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1192478855.199254.86370@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Hello all, >...

Portfolio tab does not get me to the portfolios
Using Money 2002. It opens fine to my investments page, however it will not respond when I click the "portfolio" tab. Thanks for any suggestions. Welch ...

Entourage Crash After MS Update

Portfolio Default Page
When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom page my default page. Also, sometimes when I open my Portfolio it may display currency other than $-most often the Euro & Ph. I have the $ as the default currency. How do I get the $ to show each time? Thanks, Jamedare In microsoft.public.money, Jamedare wrote: > When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page >to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom >page my default page. Your choices for what you see when you start Money are a...

After update event 08-03-07
Hello Access Monsters, I want a code for the afterupdate event of one field that will set the value of another field as the current date and time. There are two fields, one for date and one for time. If the procedure uses the (=now()) formula then I can adjust the input mask for both field, other wise please tell me the code for both time and date fields. Thanks fellas. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Microsoft Access offers a Date/Time data type. Is there a reason you are trying to separate out date-values from time-values? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/A...

PROBLEM
I have yet to get an answer to this. I am not getting a portfolio performance comparison with any of the indexes - S&P 500 DJIA, NASDAQ. They all appear to have disappeared from the performance analysis page. Not that anyone every answered this but Problem appears to be that the symbols for the index accounts were wiped out in an update. Also would like to know how to get performance relative to the Russell 2000 index into a Performance Analysis report. "Mike" <mikemarsh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ecbmCBY$DHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have yet to g...

Updating line graphs automatically
I am new to creating graphs on excel - please help: I have numerical data from cells A3 - A20 which is displayed graphically. If I now insert a new row in A3 with a new data point, the graph does not automatically update. Instead, the 'source data' now reads from cell A4 - A21. How do I get the 'source data' to still read from A3 - A20, and drop the value which now appaers in A21 (since I inserted a new row in A3)? I have several of these graphs, and updating each one manually is not practical. Create a named range (eg: MyR1) via Insert > Name > Define using INDIR...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

Money 2002 Deluxe doesn't start
ahhhh...MS Money 2002 doesn't start up anymore....I tried re-installing and still doesn't start. I can start msnoney express though. Please help...I do way too much to lose this application. Thanks Page down - you wiull see a number of posts regarding this MSFT snafu. >-----Original Message----- >ahhhh...MS Money 2002 doesn't start up anymore....I tried >re-installing and still doesn't start. I can start msnoney >express though. > >Please help...I do way too much to lose this application. > >Thanks > > >. > In microsoft.public...

Advanced Find & Mass Updates
We have recently migrated from SLX to CRM 1.2 and have been challenged with various items specifically groupings and mass updates. 1) We have a user that is trying to find a list of contacts based upon a Note that has been created for a contact. The only thing we are able to come up with is an advanced find but, we need to pull up a list of contacts where a note has been entered with a specific title. Is this possible? 2) Recently the state of CA has implemented a No Fax ruling unless you have authority. Does anyone have an easy way of doing a mass update to the Do Not Allow ...

Updated KB PUB2002: Prepress: Adobe PhotoShop CMYK TIFFs Display Colors Incorrectly
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288125 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

QQQQ problem in portfolios
Anyone else having a problem adding QQQQ to a portfolio in the Portfolios on MSN Money? I've added 19 other ETF symbols, but this one will not "take". ? In microsoft.public.money, mgbailey wrote: >Anyone else having a problem adding QQQQ to a portfolio in the Portfolios on >MSN Money? I've added 19 other ETF symbols, but this one will not "take". You might want to post that MSN Money question into microsoft.public.moneycentral "mgbailey" <mgbailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFEFD45-567B-4D11-857E-D586E7148ACC@...

Loss of sound after Windows Update
I recorded a TV program on MCE late last night after doing an XP update with a required reboot. There was no sound. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying to eliminate variables. Thanks Just that recording or now all recordings have no sound? If so, do you have sound when watching Live TV through MCE? Does sound work otherwise on the system? -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Douglas Tatelman" <douglas@pickteam.com> w...

Automatic update of the list range in DSUM
Dear All I have a list with some data and related with that list I use DSUM. However, whenever I add lines to the list, I have to redefine the list range in DSUM. Can one do that automatically, i.e., can the list range be automatically updated in DSUM whenever the list range changes? Thanks in advance, Paul See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Paul Smith wrote: > > Dear All > > I have a list with some data and related with that list I use DSUM. > However, whenever I add lines to the list, I have to redefine the l...

Macro to Create a Chart and Update it Automatically
I wonder if you can help me to create a macro to make a chart and update it automatically when I add more information in the following rows. Basically, this is the table a have (see below) and I just want the column “C” and the column “E” have a chart. Where the column “C” is the “x” axis and the column “E” is the “y” axis. I have created manually already but I have the go to source data to update the chart every time I have more information in the following rows. Since, I have several tables that make it difficult to me to handle it easily. Thanks in advance. Maperalia A B C D E 6/7...