Portfolio Manager Problem

I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I couldn't
bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and password.
I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous data
or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month or two
I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email address
suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

0
mimh (5)
1/13/2006 3:00:13 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Not really sure I understand the question.. but.. all of the information in
MSN is associated with the passport with which you created the account with.

If you created a "new" passport.. as it sort of sounds like you did.. that
new passport has no access to the MSN information associated with the old
passport..

"mhr" wrote:

> I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I couldn't
> bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
> password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and password.
> I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous data
> or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
> Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month or two
> I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email address
> suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
> I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

0
nfe6848m (4)
1/13/2006 2:58:04 PM
As "nfe6848m" said, your data is associated to your Passport. So if you
created a new one, even if it was using the same email addressas the old
one, it would not be associated to your data.

Contact Microsoft Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3703&gprid=232578
and let them know. Be sure to let them know:
1. What the original Passport was. What your new Passport is. Whether you
created a brand new Passport or if you tried recreating your Passport using
your original email address.
2. When it last worked successfully

-Mark

"mhr" <mimh@highstream.net> wrote in message
> I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I couldn't
> bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
> password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and
password.
> I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous data
> or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
> Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month or
two
> I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email
address
> suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
> I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

0
abcd7779 (838)
1/13/2006 4:47:26 PM
Mark,
I have contacted Support and have told them of the problems.  There is even
a problem on the new passport account in that I received an email with
instructions to confirm my latest email address that I submitted for my new
passport account.  I followed the instructions only to wind up with a reply
that the confirmation procedure couldn't confirm (apparently it wasn't
working correctly or something).  I have reported this to Support also.

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> As "nfe6848m" said, your data is associated to your Passport. So if you
> created a new one, even if it was using the same email addressas the old
> one, it would not be associated to your data.
>
> Contact Microsoft Support:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3703&gprid=232578
> and let them know. Be sure to let them know:
> 1. What the original Passport was. What your new Passport is. Whether you
> created a brand new Passport or if you tried recreating your Passport
using
> your original email address.
> 2. When it last worked successfully
>
> -Mark
>
> "mhr" <mimh@highstream.net> wrote in message
> > I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I couldn't
> > bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
> > password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and
> password.
> > I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous
data
> > or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
> > Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month or
> two
> > I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email
> address
> > suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
> > I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

0
mimh (5)
1/13/2006 6:23:41 PM
"mhr" <mimh@highstream.net> wrote in message
> I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I couldn't
> bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
> password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and
> password.
> I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous data
> or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
> Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month or
> two
> I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email
> address
> suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
> I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

Perhaps you might get more answers on microsoft.public.msn.discussion?

0
spam_magnet (1210)
1/13/2006 11:50:55 PM
Am having the same problem........... can't restore the portfolio from a
backup because it says the backup is not associated with the login/password.
The login/password combo was changed by the user, but I changed it back to
what my notes said were the original login/password. MS tech support says
they can't help with password issues. Does anyone know how to retrieve the
info from a backup file in this case?

JC
"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> As "nfe6848m" said, your data is associated to your Passport. So if you
> created a new one, even if it was using the same email addressas the old
> one, it would not be associated to your data.
>
> Contact Microsoft Support:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3703&gprid=232578
> and let them know. Be sure to let them know:
> 1. What the original Passport was. What your new Passport is. Whether you
> created a brand new Passport or if you tried recreating your Passport
using
> your original email address.
> 2. When it last worked successfully
>
> -Mark
>
> "mhr" <mimh@highstream.net> wrote in message
> > I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I couldn't
> > bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
> > password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and
> password.
> > I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous
data
> > or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
> > Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month or
> two
> > I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email
> address
> > suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
> > I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

0
judy5239 (1)
1/17/2006 8:43:23 PM
Will that "original login/password" sign into Passport outside of MSN Money,
for example on www.passport.net?

-Mark

"JEC" <judy@pos-racine.com> wrote in message
> Am having the same problem........... can't restore the portfolio from a
> backup because it says the backup is not associated with the
login/password.
> The login/password combo was changed by the user, but I changed it back to
> what my notes said were the original login/password. MS tech support says
> they can't help with password issues. Does anyone know how to retrieve the
> info from a backup file in this case?
>
> JC
> "Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> > As "nfe6848m" said, your data is associated to your Passport. So if you
> > created a new one, even if it was using the same email addressas the old
> > one, it would not be associated to your data.
> >
> > Contact Microsoft Support:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3703&gprid=232578
> > and let them know. Be sure to let them know:
> > 1. What the original Passport was. What your new Passport is. Whether
you
> > created a brand new Passport or if you tried recreating your Passport
> using
> > your original email address.
> > 2. When it last worked successfully
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > "mhr" <mimh@highstream.net> wrote in message
> > > I've been usually the basic portfolio manager on msn.  Today I
couldn't
> > > bring it up and received a message that I had to reset my email and
> > > password.  I signed up again for Passport with my latest email and
> > password.
> > > I brought up Portfolio Manager but it doesn't have any of my previous
> data
> > > or accounts.  Is there any way for me to get the accounts back into
> > > Portfolio Manager, like a backup or something.  It seems every month
or
> > two
> > > I have some kind of problem like this where my password and or email
> > address
> > > suddenly doesn't work on MSN.
> > > I'm using Windows Me and IE 6.  Would appreciate any help.

0
abcd7779 (838)

No user manager
Hi, In my workflows there is a rule when something happens an email is sent to the owners manager. but some users are the BU managers and don't have any managers above them so the workflow always pauses at that point , is there a way to say this owner doesn't have a manager from the users properties ? ...

Userform problem with "Run Time Error 75"
This is follow-up related to my posting here on 12/19/09 regarding "Run Time Error 75" ("Could Not Find The Specified Object". Basically, my Userform1 is "disappearing" from my workbook for some unknown reason, even if my workbook is untouched for any period of time longer than 2 minutes. If I come back to my computer after 2 minutes, I will try to load my form with this code: (which causes RT-Error 75) UserForm1.Show vbModeless I also get an Error 75 message if I try to run the following code: MsgBox "Name of...

Project Portfolio Server
Is it possible to customize the "Status" tab in PPS? We wish to include a number of custom attributes as text boxes that PM's would fill out to update their status. We have successfully updated the "Project Info" tab and the Additional Info Tab, but are not able to update the status tab. project.aspx default settings: <tabitem name="Status"> <WP:MonthlyStatus runat="server" > <Config> <content columns="2"> <sectionbreak name="Attributes" width="910" /...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...

Rounddown problem...
Running down 22.2 to 22 by using "=roundown (B2,0)" works just fine for me untill i want to run 22 to 21. How to do that? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200601/1 What does the 21 represent? Are you rounding down to multiples of 7 (7, 14, 21)? Give more examples of what you want to achieve if you don't understand my question. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "nekteo via OfficeKB.com" <u17073@uwe> wrote in message news:5a5afa35e918f@uwe... > Running down 22.2 to 22 by using &q...

URGENT: Deployment Manager, Workflow, Exchange Router
We had an OS failure on our CRM server. We installed a clean OS, and left the App partition. I then installed CRM 1.2 over the original directory. After this almost everything works fine. Users have had no problem, all tabs are working, etc. However, I am having three issues. If I try to view the Users in Deployment Manager, I get the following error when clicking on our Organization: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable..." Most of you probably know the rest. Next issue I found is if I go to any of the Workflow comp...

secure smtp problem (SSL)
Hi Bit of background Firewall ISA 2000 One public IP - default SMTP - Exchange 2003 (SP 1) - port 25 Another public IP - Secure SMTP - Exchange 2003 (SSL) - port 25 Problem with users outside the network using POP3 and the secure smtp for their emails, Can telnet to secuure smtp via public IP no problem and start the startTTLS command POP3 works fine But there's a strange problem with the secure smtp - sometimes it works, sometimes not, totally random get this error sometimes The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's ...

Problem with COleDateTime in MFC 8
I have the following problem with COleDateTime COleDateTime dt; if(dt.ParseDateTime(dateStr, LOCALE_NOUSEROVERRIDE | VAR_DATEVALUEONLY)) { strDate = dt.Format("date%Y%m%d month%m%Y"); } if dateStr is before 1900 it crashes in the Format call. I know this is a known issue but the articles on the MS website are clear as mud as to whether it has been fixed? Whether it is in Service Pack 1? Whether there is a HotFix for it? Anyone have any ideas? Internally, the implementation of Format uses the _tcsftime (strftime or wcsftime) function, which relies on the age-old struct ...

Portfolio tab does not get me to the portfolios
Using Money 2002. It opens fine to my investments page, however it will not respond when I click the "portfolio" tab. Thanks for any suggestions. Welch ...

Problem with importing leads #2
When we are trying to import leads it doesn´t work. We don´t receive any error messages during the import so everthing seems to work well. When we are looking at the file the status is waiting. No lead is succeed and no lead has been unsuccessful. It has been working before and we are doing the same thing now as we have done before. Does anyone now why? Have you checked if the asynchornous workflow service is running? -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Martin&q...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Integration Manager Help!!
We are new to Integration manager and our company is ready to get us some training with classes. However, we cannot decide whether to take a class onsite with a company or have them come onsite and teach it. Does anyone have any recommendations either way?? There are two companies that we have been working with and have heard good recommendations from others but if anyone else has input....please let me know. We are almost tempted to do both because we see advantages to each one. Does anyone have any ideas????? thanks Barb Barb, I've had much success with ebizQ's online...

HQ Admin Error: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO)
I am having a problem with HQ Admin after upgrading to SQL Server Express on my HQ Server computer (running 1.3R). HQ Admin works fine in all respects from this computer. However, when I try to run HQ Admin from any other computer on the network I get this error when I try to connect: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO) I can run HQ manager and enter the configuration fine. However, I am restricted from connecting (so I can't run SQL queries). Any ideas? Apparently I am not alone... I found this old post on Goog...

Problem while Displaying Bitmap OnInitDialog()
hi i have to display a bitmap when a dialog initializez. i can display picture on button click but its not working when i write the same code in OnIntiDialog() function. Could anybody plz tell me about the problem. Regards mujtaba "Mujtaba" <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8f4f92aa.0405040445.445eb134@posting.google.com... > hi > > i have to display a bitmap when a dialog initializez. i can display > picture on button click but its not working when i write the same code > in OnIntiDialog() function. > > Could anybody plz tell me about th...

Portfolio Default Page
When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom page my default page. Also, sometimes when I open my Portfolio it may display currency other than $-most often the Euro & Ph. I have the $ as the default currency. How do I get the $ to show each time? Thanks, Jamedare In microsoft.public.money, Jamedare wrote: > When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page >to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom >page my default page. Your choices for what you see when you start Money are a...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

ColumnSet XML problem

OMA
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1636) stopped unexpectedly. Whenever I try to go to my OMA page at a browser, it fails, and the above is logged in my application log. What might cause this? By the way, I am running a windows 2k server, exchange 2003, and .NET 1.1. Thanks In Advance This is the ASP.net Worker process. What is the exact error message being generated in your server's event log? Nue "Mostro" <ovelozpleasenospammingme@glasnospampleasefloss.com> wrote in message news:N3XOf.56681$dW3.1487@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... > aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1636) stopped unexpecte...

MFC to managed C++ migration.
I want to port my MFC (VC++6) application to manage VC ++. 7 I want to do this because some things are much better done with C#. So i could write a C# class and use in my VC++ code as Languague interoperability is one of the main features of the .Net framework. I know my application would have to obey to the CTS (common type specification) but my main concerns are the MFC stuff! I do not really know which options you have with windows forms. Can they do what MFC can do? How about functions pointers. How does managed C++ deal with this? Maybe this is not the right place to post this, but any u...

PROBLEM
I have yet to get an answer to this. I am not getting a portfolio performance comparison with any of the indexes - S&P 500 DJIA, NASDAQ. They all appear to have disappeared from the performance analysis page. Not that anyone every answered this but Problem appears to be that the symbols for the index accounts were wiped out in an update. Also would like to know how to get performance relative to the Russell 2000 index into a Performance Analysis report. "Mike" <mikemarsh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ecbmCBY$DHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have yet to g...

CRM not appearing in Server Management
Running CRM 3.0 on Small Business Server 2003. The installation seems fine other than the fact that under "Advanced Management" in the Server Management app, the CRM tab is not appearing. Anyone come across this? ...

problems with vectors and structs
Hi guys, Sorry for this, but i've searched all over and can't seem to find the solution. trying to get a vector with structs working with vc++ .NET. i keep getting a std::out_of_range error whenever i try to use push_back: typedef struct { int z; }simple; ..... vector<int> thisworks; int gah = 17; thisworks.push_back(gah); vector<simple> helpme; simple bloo = {17}; helpme.push_back(bloo); <- error i'm missing something obvious, please help! -dave On Mar 28, 3:00 pm, "mitenko" <mite...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys, > > Sorry for...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

Outlook 2003: Mail merge HTML-setting problems
Whenever I try to use mail merge in Outlook 2003 I am forced to send the mails unformatted and therefore click 'yes' for each email (after the well-known prompt). This is the case because mail merge will no longer send my messages when I select HTML format (in the dropdownbox where you choose the format right before sending ). I used to not have a problem with sending the mails with HTML format selected in the dropdownbox. This meant I never had to click 'yes' for each individual email. When I select html-format now and click to send the mails all that hap...

Problem in Calendar
I have a strange problema in the calendar... Looking at November (2004) month, it displays the first day twice (Monday = 1, Tuesday = 1, Wednesday = 2, Thursday = 3, etc.)! This problem occurs in some machines, in others it's ok. I'm using MS-CRM 1.2, in Portuguese. Time zone in CRM and in Windows is (GMT-03:00) - Brasilia. Any idea? Thanks in advance, Miriam Finally I've figured out what is going on: that problem occurs when the option "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" is checked. ...