Portfolio manager and same security display problem

I am using Money 2008 Plus Deluxe.

I have investment in Mutual Fund which is held partly directly with
the Fund Manager and partly with a Fund supermarket.

There are two seperate accounts list to manager this.

In the Portfolio Manager, I want to show these as seperate items but
Money will not allow me to  use the same symbol for it. Is there a way
round this?

Alternatively, how can I 2group" both these accounts as one in
Portfolio Manager?
0
nospam412 (33)
3/29/2008 11:39:53 AM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, nospam@aol.com wrote:

>I am using Money 2008 Plus Deluxe.
>
>I have investment in Mutual Fund which is held partly directly with
>the Fund Manager and partly with a Fund supermarket.
>
>There are two seperate accounts list to manager this.
>
>In the Portfolio Manager, I want to show these as seperate items but
>Money will not allow me to  use the same symbol for it. Is there a way
>round this?

You got a message that a symbol is already in use when you try to
enter a transaction in an account register?  Create a security only
once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-down list.

>Alternatively, how can I 2group" both these accounts as one in
>Portfolio Manager?

To control grouping in the Portfolio views, change the GroupBy
selection at the top of the Portfolio. GroupBy:Position will combine
everything.

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
3/29/2008 4:02:33 PM
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:02:33 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>You got a message that a symbol is already in use when you try to
>enter a transaction in an account register?  Create a security only
>once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-down list.

Is there a way to edit / delete the security list please?
0
nospam412 (33)
3/30/2008 9:52:35 PM
In microsoft.public.money, nospam@aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:02:33 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
><via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:
>

>>You got a message that a symbol is already in use when you try to
>>enter a transaction in an account register?  Create a security only
>>once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-down list.
>>

>Is there a way to edit / delete the security list please?

The list as a whole? No. The pieces of the list?
Portfolio->WorkWithInvestments->DeleteAnInvestmentFromAllAccounts
Also, you can right-click a transaction or portfolio entry and
choose to work with the Details.

So was that are you were really trying to do?
0
via_newsgroup (13115)

No user manager
Hi, In my workflows there is a rule when something happens an email is sent to the owners manager. but some users are the BU managers and don't have any managers above them so the workflow always pauses at that point , is there a way to say this owner doesn't have a manager from the users properties ? ...

Project Portfolio Server
Is it possible to customize the "Status" tab in PPS? We wish to include a number of custom attributes as text boxes that PM's would fill out to update their status. We have successfully updated the "Project Info" tab and the Additional Info Tab, but are not able to update the status tab. project.aspx default settings: <tabitem name="Status"> <WP:MonthlyStatus runat="server" > <Config> <content columns="2"> <sectionbreak name="Attributes" width="910" /...

Money and AVG Internet Security
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6000 Build 6000, Microsoft Money 2077 Home & Business v 16.0.150.1303 and AVG Internet Security 7.5. On the 14th, AVG sent four files to the virus vault, two of which were MNYCoreFiles\iofd.tlb and MNYCoreFiles.BAK . . . \iofd.tlb and two related to the registry (I think). These files remain in the virus vault and I have since used Microsoft Money and haven't encountered any problems. (I'm assuming MNYCoreFiles relates to MS Money. AVG classified the files as a virus, WIN32/PolyCrypt. Couple of questions, should I remove the fi...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...

Portfolio tab does not get me to the portfolios
Using Money 2002. It opens fine to my investments page, however it will not respond when I click the "portfolio" tab. Thanks for any suggestions. Welch ...

Check out that security pack from Microsoft Corp.
--rezsyfqw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ohlkhxil"; type="multipart/alternative" --ohlkhxil Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wqyutxpyauhzdo" --wqyutxpyauhzdo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security o...

Rounddown problem...
Running down 22.2 to 22 by using "=roundown (B2,0)" works just fine for me untill i want to run 22 to 21. How to do that? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200601/1 What does the 21 represent? Are you rounding down to multiples of 7 (7, 14, 21)? Give more examples of what you want to achieve if you don't understand my question. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "nekteo via OfficeKB.com" <u17073@uwe> wrote in message news:5a5afa35e918f@uwe... > Running down 22.2 to 22 by using &q...

secure smtp problem (SSL)
Hi Bit of background Firewall ISA 2000 One public IP - default SMTP - Exchange 2003 (SP 1) - port 25 Another public IP - Secure SMTP - Exchange 2003 (SSL) - port 25 Problem with users outside the network using POP3 and the secure smtp for their emails, Can telnet to secuure smtp via public IP no problem and start the startTTLS command POP3 works fine But there's a strange problem with the secure smtp - sometimes it works, sometimes not, totally random get this error sometimes The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's ...

URGENT: Deployment Manager, Workflow, Exchange Router
We had an OS failure on our CRM server. We installed a clean OS, and left the App partition. I then installed CRM 1.2 over the original directory. After this almost everything works fine. Users have had no problem, all tabs are working, etc. However, I am having three issues. If I try to view the Users in Deployment Manager, I get the following error when clicking on our Organization: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable..." Most of you probably know the rest. Next issue I found is if I go to any of the Workflow comp...

Smartist report for security
Hi Gang - GP 10 has a standard security report: administrator/reports/security/security task setup my boss wants this report in smartlist - any suggestions? We do have smartlist builder but I cant find the correct tables. Michael, I think you can make use of this script to create a view in SQL and then call it in smartlist builder that might help you to customize the security report in smartlist. This script is provided by Victoria on her blog, link below http://victoriayudin.com/2009/03/20/sql-view-with-security-resource-details-for-dynamics-gp-10/ -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP h...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Problem with importing leads #2
When we are trying to import leads it doesn´t work. We don´t receive any error messages during the import so everthing seems to work well. When we are looking at the file the status is waiting. No lead is succeed and no lead has been unsuccessful. It has been working before and we are doing the same thing now as we have done before. Does anyone now why? Have you checked if the asynchornous workflow service is running? -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Martin&q...

Integration Manager Help!!
We are new to Integration manager and our company is ready to get us some training with classes. However, we cannot decide whether to take a class onsite with a company or have them come onsite and teach it. Does anyone have any recommendations either way?? There are two companies that we have been working with and have heard good recommendations from others but if anyone else has input....please let me know. We are almost tempted to do both because we see advantages to each one. Does anyone have any ideas????? thanks Barb Barb, I've had much success with ebizQ's online...

Changing number of Most Recently Used (MRU) docs displayed?
My product: Office 2003 Professional. My issue: I'm in and out of a number of different projects daily. In Word, I've found it helpful to use the Tools > Options > General menu to increase the number of MRUs displayed in the File menu. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the same adjustment to the default of 4 MRUs displayed in Publisher. Anybody got a suggestion for me? Thanks in advance for the help. Woof! ...

Portfolio Default Page
When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom page my default page. Also, sometimes when I open my Portfolio it may display currency other than $-most often the Euro & Ph. I have the $ as the default currency. How do I get the $ to show each time? Thanks, Jamedare In microsoft.public.money, Jamedare wrote: > When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page >to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom >page my default page. Your choices for what you see when you start Money are a...

Problem while Displaying Bitmap OnInitDialog()
hi i have to display a bitmap when a dialog initializez. i can display picture on button click but its not working when i write the same code in OnIntiDialog() function. Could anybody plz tell me about the problem. Regards mujtaba "Mujtaba" <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8f4f92aa.0405040445.445eb134@posting.google.com... > hi > > i have to display a bitmap when a dialog initializez. i can display > picture on button click but its not working when i write the same code > in OnIntiDialog() function. > > Could anybody plz tell me about th...

HQ Admin Error: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO)
I am having a problem with HQ Admin after upgrading to SQL Server Express on my HQ Server computer (running 1.3R). HQ Admin works fine in all respects from this computer. However, when I try to run HQ Admin from any other computer on the network I get this error when I try to connect: To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects(SMO) I can run HQ manager and enter the configuration fine. However, I am restricted from connecting (so I can't run SQL queries). Any ideas? Apparently I am not alone... I found this old post on Goog...

OMA
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1636) stopped unexpectedly. Whenever I try to go to my OMA page at a browser, it fails, and the above is logged in my application log. What might cause this? By the way, I am running a windows 2k server, exchange 2003, and .NET 1.1. Thanks In Advance This is the ASP.net Worker process. What is the exact error message being generated in your server's event log? Nue "Mostro" <ovelozpleasenospammingme@glasnospampleasefloss.com> wrote in message news:N3XOf.56681$dW3.1487@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... > aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1636) stopped unexpecte...

MFC to managed C++ migration.
I want to port my MFC (VC++6) application to manage VC ++. 7 I want to do this because some things are much better done with C#. So i could write a C# class and use in my VC++ code as Languague interoperability is one of the main features of the .Net framework. I know my application would have to obey to the CTS (common type specification) but my main concerns are the MFC stuff! I do not really know which options you have with windows forms. Can they do what MFC can do? How about functions pointers. How does managed C++ deal with this? Maybe this is not the right place to post this, but any u...

Good Visual Display of Project Dependencies
I am looking for a way to visually display dependencies between different tasks within a project. (more than just the standard 'critical tasks' report.) Does anyone have a interesting way to display this in some sort of graphic chart that is appropriate for 'management'? (exporting into excel or powerpoint, etc would be just fine.) Thank you!!! Did you try View/Network Diagram? You can filter in the Gantt Chart view to display only a select group of tasks. Then when you go to the network view you will only see the filtered tasks. There is a companion ...

ColumnSet XML problem

How can I set the screen size to always display @ 110%- a default
How can I set the default in excel so that when I open the program the view is always at 110%? Thanks Saved from a previous post... Create a new workbook. Add this code to the ThisWorkbook module (hi, Bob!): Option Explicit Public WithEvents xlApp As Application Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Set xlApp = Nothing End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Set xlApp = Excel.Application End Sub Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook) Call DoTheWork(Wb) End Sub Private Sub xlApp_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Call DoTheWork(Sh.Parent) End Sub Privat...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

problems with vectors and structs
Hi guys, Sorry for this, but i've searched all over and can't seem to find the solution. trying to get a vector with structs working with vc++ .NET. i keep getting a std::out_of_range error whenever i try to use push_back: typedef struct { int z; }simple; ..... vector<int> thisworks; int gah = 17; thisworks.push_back(gah); vector<simple> helpme; simple bloo = {17}; helpme.push_back(bloo); <- error i'm missing something obvious, please help! -dave On Mar 28, 3:00 pm, "mitenko" <mite...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys, > > Sorry for...

CTreeCtrl not displaying image
Hi, I'm trying to use a CTreeCtrl for the first time. I've added to to my dialog, and created a variable for it, c_Tree: CImageList ImageList; CBitmap bm; bm.LoadBitmap(IDB_TEST); BITMAP bmInfo; bm.GetBitmap(&bmInfo); ImageList.Create(IDB_TEST, bmInfo.bmWidth, 1, RGB(0,0,0)); c_Tree.SetImageList(&ImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); CString testxx = "fgdsd"; char pp[500]; strcpy(pp, testxx); c_Tree.InsertItem(&pp[0], 0, 0); So I create an imagelist, add a bitmap to it. and then try and the c_Tree to show that image, but it doesn't. Where I am going wrong? ...