Pocket Money and Money - how do I get it matched?

I have a rather new Pocket PC 2003 with Pocket Money
2004, but the Money version on the pc (XP) is named
version 11.0 + 11.0.120. No year attached to it. It is an
OEM installation. The pocket installation seems not to
find the money installation when installed. I have
reinstalled a number of times even with the pocket PC
folder inside the money folder in programs, no help...

Any help out there?
0
sonshus (1)
6/7/2004 6:06:21 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

The OEM install on your XP is Money 2003.  Assuming you meant
Microsoft Money for Pocket PC 2004 is on your PPC, you could do one of
the following:

1. Wait for Money 2005 release by end of summer and update both your
XP and PPC to 2005.

2. Update your XP now to Money 2004

3. Uninstall Money for PPC 2004 and install Money for PPC 2003.  The
download for the latter is available for free download from Microsoft.

Good Luck!

Regards,
John Buschman

<sonshus@online.no> wrote in message news:<18fa201c44cba$2375d790$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have a rather new Pocket PC 2003 with Pocket Money
> 2004, but the Money version on the pc (XP) is named
> version 11.0 + 11.0.120. No year attached to it. It is an
> OEM installation. The pocket installation seems not to
> find the money installation when installed. I have
> reinstalled a number of times even with the pocket PC
> folder inside the money folder in programs, no help...
>
> Any help out there?
0
johnbusc (409)
6/7/2004 10:39:28 PM
Thanks for the advice-

....for money 2003....

"System Requirements
...... Windows XP

Pocket PC 2002 operating system

Note: If you are a Pocket PC 2003 user, do not download
Money 2003 for Pocket PC. Pocket PC 2003 is only
compatible with Money 2004 for Pocket PC."

.....and I am a pocketpc2003 user- so I must go for the
Moeny 2004 on the PC as well as it seems.

Stein

0
anonymous (74717)
6/8/2004 8:16:57 AM
Stein,

Thanks for the correction regarding PPC2003.  Not to get off the
original subject but I don't always trust what they say regarding
software and hardware compatability.  I'm still able to sync latest
version Money with my PPC2000 (and they said it couldn't be done!)

By the way, another thought on the original post:
in case I assumed incorrectly and "sonshus" is using a product from
Handmark called Pocket Money, then I believe you can only
import/export to Microsoft Money.  Not familiar enough with the
Handmark product to help with setup though.  Anyone else?

Regards,
John Buschman

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<19b1301c44d30$f72d8120$a001280a@phx.gbl>...
> Thanks for the advice-
>
> ...for money 2003....
>
> "System Requirements
> ..... Windows XP
>
> Pocket PC 2002 operating system
>
> Note: If you are a Pocket PC 2003 user, do not download
> Money 2003 for Pocket PC. Pocket PC 2003 is only
> compatible with Money 2004 for Pocket PC."
>
> ....and I am a pocketpc2003 user- so I must go for the
> Moeny 2004 on the PC as well as it seems.
>
> Stein

0
johnbusc (409)

money express question
How can I get money express to update my accounts online? I'm running Money2002. TIA -Megabyte Money Express won't do this. Money Express is the bill reminder that can be set to open when you boot up your computer and displays advisor FYI and account and bill information. Are you referring to Money Web Express that synchronizes with MSN Money? Click on Tools, Access my Money data on the Web and step through the wizard to set it up. "Megabyte" <Hello@There.com> wrote in message news:ucvbgv4l0oups418uda852oe5j3vit5o2l@4ax.com... > How can I get money express t...

Still Getting Decimals in Actuals!
Hello, We are still having problems with actual hrs changing from while numbers to apparently random decimals. We are using MOPS 2007 that is fully patched except for the most recent Feb. 2010 CU. We do not use Timesheets and we do not have the "Restrict Updates to Project Web Access" option selected. All help is appreciated as this problem is getting worse and it is affecting the accuracy of our billing. I am happy to provide any additional details the MVPs may need to help me diagnose the problem. Thanks! Bryan: This MVP suggests that you open a case with Mic...

help! can't get money 2005 to import my money 2001 file
i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll "convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i have no accounts created...???? where is my data? is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have no idea what my bank balance is... File>Open. Find old file. It will make a copy as MXX, where XX is the version number (08? don't remember), then convert the original to the new version. If it looks like it started,...

Email can not get through between two domains
I am new to Exchange. Sorry for stupid questions. This is my question: An office used to have an Exchange 5.5 box to manage emails for two companies A.com and B.com. Just add a new Windows SBS 2003 for A.com. Now, the SBS 2003 server is managing emails for both A.com and B.com (did by following http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260973). That is, a connector is created in the new server to deliver mails to B.com. After that, users at B.com can not send email to A.com users. But A.com user can send email to B.com and users in both companies can send and receive email from outside. When user...

Getting rid of a BAD Exchange email account
OK! I messed up installing Outlook 2007 on my new laptop and put in Exchange, when I should have said IMAP; now, how do I delete the Exchange account? Outlook says I have to wait until it finishes copying my settings over to the new account; however, it cannot login into a non-existent Exchange Account. Un-Install does *NOT* delete any of the account data (Somewhat like a virus, that makes changes that cannot be undone) and I've tried deleting all of the directories undir the %appdata% paths. Any suggestions? -- \\ Mike Use the mail applet in the control panel to ...

I get a message that says "restart Outlook". How do I do that?
I am unable to read attachments. Whenever I try to read them, the message I receive is, " the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problems persists, restart "Outlook". Also, when I look under "Programs", I have 3 Microsoft Outlooks loaded. I'm not sure how this happened, or if I need to delete any of them, or if by deleting any of them, I'll lose some information. I'm not sure if these 2 problems are related. "sunluver" <sunluver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73F593F-A5B1-4A03-BC0A-FB3091C6...

How do I get an email out of in-progress?
I just started learning to use queues. I've got email arriving in queues, and I can assign, and then have that user accept. Then it's in that user's in-progress. That's where I'm stuck. How do I get the email out of in-progress? What do I do when the email is processed? How do you tell MS-CRM that the email is processed and no longer has to remain there cluttering up the users in-progress screen? Never mind. Figured it out. To remove emails from Queues, just delete them. The entry in the queue is just a pointer to the actual email activity. The email activity stays with...

OT
http://www.kbasic.com/doku.php?id=vb6_vs._kbasic Very interesting reading there. I have an almost finished application. But left vb5-coding for about 3 years ago. Had other things to do, for a while. But planned getting back to it. I just went through all ms-newsgroups subscribed too. More than half disappeared. A message poping up: Unknown; no such name exist. I feel it diffecult going back using vb5 or any other Microsoft product. I have 4 machines with ms-operating systems (It's easier now to scrap the older ones of these). After reading the above from kbasic, I'm wonder...

Microsoft Abondons Money Users?
Why hasn't MS said anything on Money's Future? My version expires in 5 months, and I have financial data that spans back all the way to 1995. With Microsoft just slapping a TBD on this package, it's leaving me not much on choices but to go to quicken. MoneyDance, is not cutting it, it has a weak interface and reminds me of something off my Amiga back in 1989. Acemoney? Nope, that actually came from Amiga. GUNU Cash? Not there. Microsoft needs to let customers know, yes or no to a new version? Why not just charge a small fee to use online services? Or for tha...

Pocket Money 2004
I have my PM2004 installed on my Pocket PC 2003. On the Today screen I have my Money Icon. However I don't want my accounts showing up. With some of the accounts I can uncheck the "display on today screen" to get rid of it. How do I get rid of the other accounts... checking , cash, credit card accounts???? In Today/Settings/Today/Items, you should be able to uncheck any account, or just uncheck Money altogether. I keep everything unchecked except cash (so I know when I need to make a run to the bank). :) On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:20:46 -0400, "Jonathan B. Jung" <...

NDR's (Why wasn't I getting them w/ Exch. 5.5)
We have been getting numerous NDR's since we remoived the last Exch. 5.5 server from our network and are using only Exch.2003. The emails seem to be going to the address of our router rather than the address of the firewall(which is where they previously went). I know that Ex5.5 used IMS, but when I changed to Ex2003 it wouldn't allow me to start the service reporting some error about clustering. Now I am running SMTPVS and have a routing group connector to the firewall address, but the email NDR's still return with the address of the router. Any suggestions. ...

Pocket Access
I have a pocket pc and have the ability to sync pocket access databases but I don't have a program called Pocket Access. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the Microsoft site for the program but can't find it. Anybody know where I can buy Microsoft Pocket Access for my pocket pc? Don't believe it's available anymore. You might check out the following, though: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300 http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3358 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "SH" <anonymous@discus...

entering a date into cell and get ## symbols
i am entering a date value into a cell and i that it shows is "##" Even when i print it shown "##" and no date why? Make the cell wider -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Portland, Oregon "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D47F6AA-9DA5-4CCA-88D4-171AF660CE91@microsoft.com... >i am entering a date value into a cell and i that it shows is "##" Even >when > i print it shown "##" and no date why? Steve wrote: > i am entering a date value into a cell and i that it shows is "##" Even when ...

Money 2006 #17
When downloading information from the bank Money's indication of the last download date is four days off. This was the same with Money 2004. Can anyone explain that? When downloading the next time it is then necessary to subtract four days from the "last download" date indicated in Money. ...

From Money 99 to Money 2005
I cannot seem to get the bill calendar on Money 2005 to display past transactions prior to today's date. If I go to accounts and open the primary account, all the previous transactions are there (back to October of 99) but I cannot seem to get them to show on the bill calendar. Its not imperative, but my wife likes it that way. :) :) :) -- Fefferman AFAIK a bill will never reappear in the bill calendar once it has been paid (unless it is overdue). -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny....

Highlight exact match in column
I have a column with 10000 entries. I want to highlight duplicate cells that have the exact same text string order. I would have the following: Cap Fernco Cap Coupling Coupling Fernco Coupling Fernco Coupling Fernco Coupling Fernco Coupling Fernco Coupling Where as the 1st 2 lines are not matching but the remaining would be duplicates. I would like to highlight not delete these cells. Or find the 1st one and cross-out the remaining. Using excel 2007: If your items are in column A, select A to highlight the whole column, then go into your conditional formatting. Select...

Money 97 5.0
Dear MVP, When entering a payment, on the check register, in Money. Does the payment automatically get added to another account? Or do I have to manually add the payment to that account too. e.g. Pay the mortgage from my checking account as Bills/Mortgage...and then manually go to Mortgage Account, split for Mort. pymnt/int etc.? or Pay the mort. from checking and Mort. pymnt is automatically updated? Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Ross Omar I'm not an MVP, so take this answer with a large grain of salt: Transactions that move money from a cash account to a liability account sh...

Matching problem, trying again
I have this worksheet where I have items in the third column that match up with items from the second column corresponding to the tenth increment decimal numbers in the first column. In the example below, the first 3 numbers in the third column match up with numbers in the second column and the rest of the numbers are "0" up until you get to the next set of tenth decimal numbers starting with 2 in the first column. I need the fourth column to first list the matching numbers from both the second and third columns and then list the rest of the non-matching numbers from the second col...

Money 2004 #80
Money 2004 on 98SE. After using Money for years satisfactorily in all respects on both desktop and laptop it decided overnight to not print checks. When check is entered numbered "Print" (both when selected from dropdown and manually typed) the icon in the left margin reading "Print checks" or such no longer appears. If I go thru the "File" route to "Print checks" I am told I have none to print. I uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2004 CD on desktop and restored floppy data backup, still no go. Restored desktop backup to laptop, still no go. ...

MS Money 98 Update file
I recently had to reformat and I lost the update for MS Money 98. This is the OFX import function. MS site says it doesn't support this program any more, so it no longer has that file. Where can I get it? TIA, Grammy ...

Upgrade from Money 2000 Standard to Money 2004 Deluxe
"Conflict in version" Just bought a HP iPAQ. Wanted to upgrade my exisitng Money2000 Standard. Rec'd error message "Conflict in version". Any idea? Are there diff version in Asia & USA? Please help You probably realise that Money will only convert within regions. UK > UK, USA > USA etc. In Asia the International Version of Money is usually on sale and is different from the UK and USA versions and is not compatible. "PT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053d01c3c2b4$a91cbac0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > "Conflic...

Money & Pocket PC 2003
I recently downloaded the PPC version of Money (from the Microsoft website) for my iPaq 1945 running PPC 2003. I was unable to install the software on the iPaq. I was able to install the same download on my wife's PPC running PPC 2002 with no problem. I am running Money 2003 Standard on my desktop. Does anyone know when Money will be available for PPC 2003? I'm trying to find out, Tom. -- Michael Gordon - MVP "Tom Magri" <tmagri4@aol.com> wrote in message news:042201c34a07$c1a8fd90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I recently downloaded the PPC version of Money (fr...

Money for PocketPC #3
I just read that Money for the PocketPC is no more. As of Money 2007 and/or Windows Mobile 5 there are no plans to make a version of Money for the PocketPC. I hope that I have been given bad info, but probably not. This is a very disappointing decision by Microsoft… one of the worst things to deal with in technology is having functionality and then loosing it. I could write for hours about MSN Bill Pay… functionality that I lost between Money 2004 and 2005 after spending hours and hours with support. I am simply unwilling to try it anymore and double enter transactions between Mo...

Pocket Outlook
Hi, I got this problem, my SMTP server use TLS Encryption, can anybody help me on how to set my Pocket Outlook 2002 to send email using my SMTP server ? Thanks in advance. regards, Jack ...

Vista and Money upgrade
Is it necessary (or recommended) to upgrade to Vista SP1 to successfully upgrade to Money Plus? I have installed the latest Windows updates....just not SP1. I don't think a dependency was ever identified here. "stevev" <stevev@addlebrain.com> wrote in message news:mBa4l.11319$c45.2484@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com... > Is it necessary (or recommended) to upgrade to Vista SP1 to successfully > upgrade to Money Plus? I have installed the latest Windows > updates....just not SP1. In microsoft.public.money, stevev wrote: >Is it necessary (or recommended) to...