PAYROLL TAXES

I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to
enter a payroll expense.  I need to have gross pay- taxes
and net pay showing as the actual amount of check.
Please help- email annfbc@aol.com

Thanks,
Ann

0
anonymous (74717)
1/9/2004 3:02:19 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or
read in help about Paycheck.

> I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to
> enter a payroll expense.  I need to have gross pay- taxes
> and net pay showing as the actual amount of check.

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Tax-Exempt dividends in a Fidelity Account
I use MSMoney 6.0 and have recently made an investment change that includes a tax-exempt MM fund. I am trying to figure out how to make these dividends show up as tax exempt in the tax section of Money. I have the tax exempt box checked in the details section of the investment. Right now the dividends show up as taxable. Does anyone have a solution? I was up on a chat session with Microsoft yesterday and the tech finally just ended my session and went on to her next customer. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all. Levi In microsoft.public.money, Levi wrote: >I use MSMoney 6.0 ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Using a sql script to retrieve Tax amount detail record from RM
Hi; I have a script below to pull the tax detail amount from table RM10601 and RM00401 and I use query in Excel 2007 to retrieve it to my Excel. However; if a sales document has two tax transaction, HST and GST, it will be listed in 2 lines, such as CUSTNMBR DOCNUMBR DOCDATE ORTOTSLS TAXDTLID ORTAXAMT KEL8768 1234567 8/1/2009 0:00 100 HST 12 KEL8768 1234567 8/1/2009 0:00 100 GST 5 1. How possible to combine two lines of result into a single line with expected result below. expected resul...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

Payables Setup
In the Payables Setup Options window, I use an ALL DETAILS tax schedule for the Tax Schedule IDs as I use a range of tax details. However, this is a bit of a problem as tax details are often added and not assigned to this tax schedule. Is there a way to have all details allowed without creating an ALL DETAILS tax schedule? Thanks, Craig thats the only way I am aware of -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Craig" wrote: > ...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

tax-line manager: 401k transfers on paycheck "before tax" tab
Hi. I'm using Money Plus. When I view the tax-line manager for 2007 transactions I have $0.00 for "Form 1040 > Your IRA contributions". I currently have the portion of my paycheck that goes to my investment account as a transfer on the "before tax" tab of the paycheck transaction entry form. I believe that since this is a transfer I cannot add this category to the tax-line manager. Is the tax-line manager working as I need it to? I would have thought that I want the "Your IRA contributions" portion to reflect the amount that has gone from my paychec...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

Estimated Taxes not quite right with Business Income
I am new to using Schedule C and I have plugged in my gross receipts and = expenses and I have it so that the Software Report correctly shows the = numbers; however I see that in Money Plus Deluxe, the numbers don't show = up correctly. Is this because I need the Premium or Home and Business = Version. It is really no big deal as I can override the numbers. I am = new to doing business receipts and expenses so I hadn't bought the small = business version and will probably just hold off until the next upgrade. ...

Removing tax on an old invoice
I invoiced a customer and they mailed me a check minus sales tax along with a note reminding me they are tax exempt. (We just switched to RMS and I failed to flag them as exempt when I created them in the system). How should I handle this? Our old system was more basic and allowed me to open past invoices and edit them to fix things like this. I'm having a hard time transitioning into this new way where things are more set in stone. I wish I could edit their invoice and remove the tax but I have a hunch I can't. Do I need to void the invoice and make a new one? Or adjust their a...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

Canadian Payroll and US Payroll Together
Is it possible to run Canadian and US payroll in the same instance of Great Plains? ...

Payroll needs an advanced gross up calculator
Payroll needs a more advanced gross up calculator that can be used per employee and that you can use during the payrun to recalculate on the fly before printing the checks. I want to be able to enter the employee ID, enter the net amount, and adjust taxes/deductions as necessary before printing. Many other products such as Abra, Ceridian, Quickbooks and Kronos offer this functionality. It is essential that payroll offer this flexibility as well. You might want to think about entering a suggestion in the product suggestions area of CustomerSource/PartnerSource. It makes the suggestion...

Upgrading to GP2010 with payroll
Has anyone that uses payroll upgraded to GP2010 yet? We use the advance payroll (arrears and payroll to AP integration). Has anyone had trouble with this upgrade? We would like to upgrade ASAP, but may wait till SP1 is released if there are issues with payroll. PS: Is the "notify me of replies working"? ...

Payroll
I've been working on a payroll workbook, and most everything is working the way I want it to except the YTD totals. I want to update the YTD cell with the push of a button (or keystrokes) after the user finishes with the rest of the values. Help? Ted Presumably you have a spreadsheet in which you update specific data and then get a YTD total at the end. I understand that you want to update the data first and then calculate the YTD total afterwards. The simplest way to do what you want is the following. In the Excel sheet select <Tools><Options> and select the <Ca...

Payroll #14
We have a problem with multiple payrates, when a paycheck has more than three line items per pay code, in our case multiple rates, GP combines the hours on the third line with the default payrate for that paycode. Has anyone come across a fix for this? We are on GP V. 9.0358. ...

Tax formula tests for multiple filing statuses and income amounts
A formula tests for three ranges of income levels for five filing statuses; depending upon the results, the taxpayer will receive a tax deduction for $4,000, $2,000, or $0 (i.e., no deduction) The table of ranges of income, filing statuses, and deduction ceilings are as follows: Legend: M-FJ (Married filing jointly) M-FS (Married filing separately) S (Single) HOH (Head of Household) QW (Qualifying Widower) M-FJ S/HOH/QW Deduction amount $130,000 $65,000 $4,000 $160,000 $80,000 $2,000 $160,001 $80,001 $0 The table o...

Reports/Payroll/Employee Lists/Lists by Deduction
We're on GP 7.5 and this report (and probably others in the same area) doesn't include $$ for employees' deduction codes that have been inactivated, yet were used sometime during the date range being used. Per MSBS, this has not changed in any later versions, and we have to mark the setup to include inactive employees if we want $$ for inactive codes to be included. Doing that brings in every employee we ever had.......that's certainly not desireable. This report(s) needs another setting to mark indicating whether or not to include employees' inactive codes....or so...

Sales tax & work-orders, back-orders
When I recall work orders or back orders, the sales tax box is not being set, and therefore sales tax is not being charged unless we catch it before tendoring. Am I missing a setting somewhere? -- Top Dog Shop Better (pet) products, naturally TD, Are you using the same customer to place these items on a BO/WO/etc? Like Special Order Customer or anything. Make sure that, that customer is set to taxable. -- * "Top Dog" <TopDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B9C5F5-FADC-4A54-B1B5-898984D7D397@microsoft.com... When I recall work orders or back order...

Money 2004 Tax Estimator and Form 1099
I'm using MS Money 2004 Standard. This year, due to a paycheck snafu at work, our first three paychecks were given to us with hand written checks with now taxes/social security, etc taken out. We were told that the income for those paychecks will be recorded at the end of the year on a Form 1099. How should I enter/account for this income in Money so that the Tax Estimator will correctly account for the extra taxes I'll have to pay (Social Security et.al.) for this year? Right now I just have those three deposits classified as "Other Income". Before that, they were cla...