Payee Rules Manager #2

I would like to get a message to the person or team that developed Payee
Rules Manager. It is quite a disappointment to me, and others who've posted
here to select a Preferred payee name then click Add under Payee name
variation only to discover there is no drop down selection box for Payee name
variation. There is also no obvious way to copy and paste the variations from
somewhere else.

Do you realize how much trouble this poorly designed dialog box causes
customers?
Was this tested for usability? With this design we sometimes have to
manually type in payee name variations with long combinations of characters
appended to them. Manually typing just a few of these is a pain. A long list
is a nightmare.

If I were going to design this dialog and, to simplify the code, wanted to
present only one dropdown box, it would be the Payee name variation box NOT
Payee Name which is already selected before entering the dialog! Can someone
fix this please? We would really appreciate it.

Meanwhile, one workaround I found is to use a Money "Payee List" report
(which is not really just a payee list, but a list of transactions by payee)
export it into Excel, remove all the columns except Payee, remove duplicate
values and sort. Now at least I can copy and paste.

Money Version: 17 (Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=f70943c1-e1bb-4102-86fb-cbb16735707a&dg=microsoft.public.money
0
MikeG (43)
3/1/2009 4:49:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, mikeg wrote:

>Was this tested for usability?

Be careful what you ask for. Usability can mean something different
than you think. Usability to some implies operation by a novice. A
novice would be confused by the Payee Rules Manager, even as you
envision it. As a consequence, a usability study might cause
elimination of a very useful feature.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
3/1/2009 11:23:00 PM
If still at Microsoft, they are probably coding for Zune or Xbox or WinLive
CouponClipper these days.

"mikeg" <mikeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to get a message to the person or team that developed Payee
> Rules Manager.

Thanks for taking time to comment. Perhaps you are correct, but my intention
is not to suggest they do a study. I just wonder if someone actually tried to
USE the dang thing with real-world data after they coded it. We're only
talking about one drop down box here, but one of obvious importance the first
time you need to match multiple variations. ;-]
0
MikeG (43)
3/2/2009 3:02:01 AM
Yeah I agree, as others here have said, it seems MS pulled most or all
resources off of developing Money--the theory being that Money isn't making
much money for them. I guess we should be happy they haven't dropped it
altogether. That's probably, in part, what Cal Learner is suggesting above,
but we're not asking for a whole lot here.

Actually, I'm still appreciative of the fact that MS developers resurrected
Bills Insights in the recent Money Plus release. Maybe they could sneak this
drop down box into a maintenance release. [LOL]
0
MikeG (43)
3/2/2009 3:22:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, mikeg wrote:

>Yeah I agree, as others here have said, it seems MS pulled most or all
>resources off of developing Money--the theory being that Money isn't making
>much money for them. I guess we should be happy they haven't dropped it
>altogether. That's probably, in part, what Cal Learner is suggesting above,
>but we're not asking for a whole lot here.
>
>Actually, I'm still appreciative of the fact that MS developers resurrected
>Bills Insights in the recent Money Plus release.

Yep. It was elegantly done, not garish, and without side-effects.

> Maybe they could sneak this
>drop down box into a maintenance release. [LOL]

I would suggest you call it "functionality" instead of "usability".
They have different meanings in the software world as far as I can
tell.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Business Contact manager database filename?
Can anyone tell me where the Business Contact Manager database is stored by default or the extension? I can't seem to find it anywhere, although I don't really know what to look for. Thanks The default storage location is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Business Contact Manager. There are two files for each database and the default names are MSBusinessContactManager.LDF and MSBusinessContactManager.MDF. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for P...

Rules perception of subject
When a rule contains the condition "Where subject contains XYZ", what precisely is meant by "Subject". If I look in the properies of an inbound mail, I see the subject starts with the string ?EUC-KR? which is probably a directive to display the subject in Korean characters. Since I won't be able to read it, I'd like to create a rule to discard it. Such rules never work. Clearly, what the rule sees in the subject and what the proerties say is in the subject differ. Is there a mechanism which would allow me to see what the rules see in the subject? -- Ste...

sorting rules trumping junk e-mail rule in outlook 2003
Hi there, I've got the junk e-mail filter turned on in outlook 2003, and it seems to do a fairly good job of identifying suspect messages, but my sorting rules (e.g. if received through the particular account move to specific folder) are overriding the junk e-mail filter. So, I get the pop-up saying a junk message was identified, but then my sorting rule moves it to a normal mail folder anyway. How do I give the junk filter priority over others? Thanks. ...

HHP TT8500 with RMS 2.0
------------------------------------- Hello, I was wondering if anybody has or can use a Hand Help Product TT8500 for just signature capture in RMS. I beleive it can be used for just signature capture but have not been able to find anything about how to configure it. I tried HHP support but they just said it was not compatible with RMS. Thanks in advance ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 34571 messages and co...

Print Preview problem... #2
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. Tim, When you get an assert, you have the option of going to the part of the MFC source code that asserts. This is more often than not commented in such a way that it's possible for you to understand why ...

Fill #2
On sheet1, I have values in range A1:A4 On sheet2 I would like to start with A1 equals sheet1!A1 Then B1 = sheet1!A2 So basically, I want to rotate the values on the second sheet. Sheet1 values are vertical Sheet2 values taken from Sheet1 are horizontal Any easy way to do this when using fill? ....special characters in formula? =INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&COLUMN(A1)) Enter is A1 or sheet2 and copy across. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:43:15 -0400, "ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote: >On sheet1, I have values in range A1:A4 > >On s...

Payee change
Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my mortgage payee to another. This affected all my loan payments dating back 5+ years. This entry is generated by a auto bill viewable in bill summary. I fixed the future transaction by editing the bill but all the prior payments are wrong. Is there any way to change this as a batch instead of each transaction? This is very time consuming. Thanks... & Happy New year In microsoft.public.money, SCOTT wrote: >Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my >mortgage payee to...

How do I automatically assign a category to a specific payee?
In MS Money 2006, is there a way to assign a category to reoccurring payees so I don't have to keep manually assigning them? For instance, if there is a chare from a particular store, is there a way to automatically assign the Grocery category to it? Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, chummer407 wrote: >In MS Money 2006, is there a way to assign a category to reoccurring payees >so I don't have to keep manually assigning them? For instance, if there is a >chare from a particular store, is there a way to automatically assign the >Grocery category to it? ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 locks up/unstable
Hi, We recently added additional server to the CRM environment. We have been runnning CRM 1.2 for about 2+ years on Windows 2000 environment with no issues. This is IIS 5. We have done some cusomizations and CRM SDK developments too. On windows 2003, we are running into issues. This runs on IIS 6. Once in a while the webserver does not respond. After lot of research, I found out it is most likely the worker processes that lock up because of exhausting the threads available. Has anyone run into issues of this nature? What is the remedy? Thanks, Ramesh ...

Creating a Simple Bar Chart
I've got 2 columns of numbers - column A is a continuous set of integers going from about 40 to 210; column B is a frequency count going from blank up to 10. A sample is shown below. PROBLEM 1 Using XL2007 I can't even seem to get a simple bar chart showing frequency count (y axis) against number (x axis). I just get either a total as a single bar or a cumulative count. PROBLEM 2 Once I've got this working I'd like to be able to group those numbers (eg into 5's or 10's) so as to reduce the length of the x-axis Can SKS help out please. Tx 44 2 ...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

Outlook Aventail #2
I am trying to use Outlook 2003 over Aventail. Having problems. The Exchange Server Check name works fine. But I am not able to Open the mailbox. Experts PLEASE HELP.. ...

MS Exchange and Server 2003
Hey, At my company we run MS server 2003 and exchange 5.5. I want to send an email with an attachment to about 7500 users. we have IBM blade server with t1 connections. we have distribution list ready to go. What i want to know is that am i taking any chances in crashing the system. will this have any effect on the server. Thanks DJ ...

Money Plus Home and Business 2008 #2
I just purchased the hard copy of Money Plus HOmea nd Business 2008. Will this version run on Vista? ...

Rules Don't Work #3
I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2003 and have a problem with Rules. I have established 6 rules to move email to different folders when they are received. From day to day the rules turn themselves off in a random pattern. The problem is complicated because I move my pst file from one stand alone computer at my office to my stand alone pc at home. I have made sure that the "for this machine only" choice is disabled. I want the same rules to apply to both machines all the time. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bob Kufrin rlkufrin@sisterbay.com ru...

Franklin mint putting share withdrawal into every payee
I've opened up the OSX that my bank downloads into money and I'm seeing it looks like xml. The <name> has share withdrawal in every entry and the memo field seems to have more specific info. Is there anyway to make money use the memo field instead. I'm working on a prgram to make the switch for me, but that's going to take a while. ...

Deployment Manager snap-in failed to initalize
Hi guys, I know this question has been asked a million times before but after looking at each answer, none of them has resolved my problem and I've tried all suggestions to no avail, so please forgive me if I ask this question. I've v1.2 of CRM installed. I've got a user A who was the user the CRM was installed under. Deployment Manager loads fine with that user. I've created another user B who I've made a local administrator of the server, and also is a system administrator role inside CRM. The CRM security service starts and is running fine. When user B logs onto the se...

Number Format Problem Prevents Proper Sorting #2
I copied the values into a new column and pasted them "special" and it worked. Thanks for your assistance. Vic -- 65Stang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 65Stang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15008 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275679 Thanks for the feedback. Glad to help. Mike "65Stang" wrote: > > I copied the values into a new column and pasted them "special" and it > worked. > > Thanks for your assistance. &g...

How to stop rules from opening folders?
I would like to prevent Outlook from opening the target folder whenever a message is processed by the rules I've specified. If there is no setting for this behaviour, is this possible somehow by changing some registry value? Many thanks for help! . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Formatting sheets #2
I am wondering if anybody can give me any tips about formatting Excel spreadsheets? Perhaps there is a good web site? I'm often not sure how best to go about it, especially if I have a combination of figures and text. Microsoft seems to produce some really clever templates. For instance, all the gridlines will be turned off and the background formatted a certain color. I'd like to learn more about doing this on my own spreadsheets. You might try a Google Search for Excel Formatting to get some ideas. What I would do: Make several copies of a sheet I have that is typical of th...

Copy Conditional Formatting #2
Hi , I have a row of cells with conditional formatting based ona couple of values. Can i copy this formatting and paste to the other 30 or so rowns in the worksheet ?? When i try i get the error message "you cannot change part of an array" ?? If it's possible, use the format painter (don't know if you can use it on an array either). http://www.officearticles.com/misc/format_painter_in_microsoft_office.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "G" <G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55815819-DB3F-4EB8-90A4-36B...

inserting photos into publisher #2
trying to insert many photos into publisher document. They are copying fine but when i copy them over they are way too big to fit the screen. Can anyone help as i am inserting hundreds of photos and resizing takes time. resizing photos wrote: > trying to insert many photos into publisher document. They are > copying fine but when i copy them over they are way too big to fit > the screen. Can anyone help as i am inserting hundreds of photos and > resizing takes time. ==================================== Here's an idea for Publisher 2007... Left click the Picture Frame button...

XPath Problem #2
Hiya.. I have an XML document that is shaped like this <Objects> <Object Type="Namespace.ClassA"> <Fields> <Field Name="" /> <Field Name="" /> </Fields> </Object> <Object Type="Namespace.ClassB"> <Fields> <Field Name="" /> <Field Name="" /> </Fields> </Object> </Object> I am able to retrieve the correct Object node using code that looks like this XPat...

Outlook 2003: Creating rules
Hi, I'm using outlook 2003, I'm getting e-mail from our exchange server. When I try to create a rule, it gives me an error message saying it cannot be created because it's not supported or I don't have enough space. But I've checked all the settings and everything, it looks fine and nobody else is having this problem. I've checked the settings on other people's computer and it's the same as mine. Does anyone have this problem? Thanks in advance. You can only create a finite number of rules. If you already have a number of rules, you might have reac...

Setting up a rule help
Hope someone can help please? I'm trying to get Outlook 2003 running on Vista to green flag anything coming to me new e-mail address and red flag anything to my old e-mail address. I have got it partly working. However anything sent to me as CC or BC or from "yahoo" groups I subscribe to I can't see a rule to configure this bit. And easy way to do this please? Many thanks "Joe Bloggs" <pwormald@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:i_ednSfcKPKj9kHUnZ2dnUVZ8oCdnZ2d@bt.com... > Hope someone can help please? I'm trying to get Outlook 2003 running o...