Password problem with Essentials

I started to create a new credit card account, found the proper
institution, clicked next.

I received the following message:

>To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change Money's settings to use a               >Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the MSN Money My Accounts service.

>To change your settings so you can use online updates for this bank, click Next.

I do not want to store my passwords at MSN in Live ID, but I don't
seem to have any other choice.

What am I misunderstanding, and what must I do now?

Thank you for your attention

T,

0
tony5376 (36)
1/5/2008 6:49:13 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

tony <tony@well.com> wrote on 05 Jan 2008 in group
microsoft.public.money:

> I started to create a new credit card account, found the proper
> institution, clicked next.
>
> I received the following message:
>
>>To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change
>>Money's settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the
>>MSN Money My Accounts service.
>
>>To change your settings so you can use online updates for this bank,
>>click Next.
>
> I do not want to store my passwords at MSN in Live ID, but I don't
> seem to have any other choice.
>
> What am I misunderstanding, and what must I do now?

This is a Financial Institution (FI) that does not cooperate directly
with Microsoft to allow download of your data in OFX format. Instead a
third-party company, perhaps Yodlee, will log in to the bank's web site,
using the account name and password you provide.

Yodlee will log in just as you would and see the same screens you would.
They copy all the data and load it into accounts on the MSN site.
Finally, Money syncronizes with the accounts at MSN.

Your account name and password for the FI's web site are stored in
Money, and you can change them at any time. Using the MSN accounts
allows Yodlee and Microsoft to give you an unchanging interface -- you
just sync with the MSN accounts.

Every time the FI changes their web site, Yodlee has to redo their code.
Sometimes they take a week or two to do the reprogramming. In that case,
your downloads will fail during that time. It usually happens invisibly.
My bank kept changing their page daily the last time, so it was a few
weeks before the automatic downloads started working again.

Check with your FI. Perhaps there's a place on their web site where you
can *manually* download an OFX file. That's what I did while my bank was
futzing around. Some people prefer the manual method to the automatic
synchronization.

Free tip:
If your bank hasn't yet implemented "multi-factor login" where you
provide a password, then answer personal questions, you can expect the
previously mentioned several-week outage while your FI gets it right.
This is an "enhancement" mandated by one the the federal government's
TLA agencies to improve on-line security.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

> tony <tony@well.com> wrote on 05 Jan 2008 in group
> microsoft.public.money:
>
>> I started to create a new credit card account, found the proper
>> institution, clicked next.
>>
>> I received the following message:
>>
>>>To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change
>>>Money's settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate
>>>the MSN Money My Accounts service.
>>
>>>To change your settings so you can use online updates for this bank,
>>>click Next.
>>
>> I do not want to store my passwords at MSN in Live ID, but I don't
>> seem to have any other choice.
>>
>> What am I misunderstanding, and what must I do now?

I just noticed that you mentioned "Essentials" in the subject line. If
you're actually using Essentials, all bets are off.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
On Jan 5, 6:27 am, Steve <resp...@online.newsgroup> wrote:
> Steve <resp...@online.newsgroup> wrote on 05 Jan 2008 in group
> microsoft.public.money:
>
> I just noticed that you mentioned "Essentials" in the subject line. If
> you're actually using Essentials, all bets are off.

Thankyou Steve. I take it that password choice in Essentials is
limited to Live ID. Do you happen to know whether Deluxe allows
password storage at home?

T.

0
tony5376 (36)
1/5/2008 6:27:48 PM
Can't speak to Essentials. Re. Deluxe: Yes it allows a non LiveID (aka
Passport) password, IF (BIG IF) you don't require downloaded transaction
data from an FI that doesn't support direct services but is supported via
the third party services.

"tony" <tony@well.com> wrote in message
> I take it that password choice in Essentials is
> limited to Live ID. Do you happen to know whether Deluxe allows
> password storage at home?

For third party banks, it does not.  Steve's Explanation _is_ for
Premium/Deluxe, but is probably also for Essentials as well.  If you do not
want to store your passwords on line you will have to
1) Change your bank to one that provides direct access (but often for a fee)
OR
2) Log in directly to the bank's website and manually download the updating
(.ofx) file.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"tony" <tony@well.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 5, 6:27 am, Steve <resp...@online.newsgroup> wrote:
>> Steve <resp...@online.newsgroup> wrote on 05 Jan 2008 in group
>> microsoft.public.money:
>>
>> I just noticed that you mentioned "Essentials" in the subject line. If
>> you're actually using Essentials, all bets are off.
>
> Thankyou Steve. I take it that password choice in Essentials is
> limited to Live ID. Do you happen to know whether Deluxe allows
> password storage at home?
>
> T.

0
Privacy1 (389)
1/5/2008 7:39:19 PM
On Jan 5, 11:39 am, "Marilyn & Bob" <Priv...@nospam.please> wrote:
> For third party banks, it does not.

I'll have to check with the FI (Chase Credit Card in the instance)
whether it is direct or not. In any case, I'm downloading Deluxe.

Thank you one and all.

tony5376 (36)
1/6/2008 12:54:27 AM
In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote:

>On Jan 5, 11:39 am, "Marilyn & Bob" <Priv...@nospam.please> wrote:
>> For third party banks, it does not.
>
>I'll have to check with the FI (Chase Credit Card in the instance)
>whether it is direct or not. In any case, I'm downloading Deluxe.

Look for that "third party" term in
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly

tho there seems to be some ambiguity in Chase.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/6/2008 1:03:58 AM
Chase (Chase/Chemical/Manufacturers Hanover; but not necessarily BankOne)
has direct downloads for a fee ($10/month).  You can also manually download
daily from their website for free.  (Note I say daily because some banks
only allow monthly--i.e. Statement--downloads).  For the automatic direct
(fee) download, you have to set it up on their website.
--
Peace,
BobJ

> In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote:
>
>>On Jan 5, 11:39 am, "Marilyn & Bob" <Priv...@nospam.please> wrote:
>>> For third party banks, it does not.
>>
>>I'll have to check with the FI (Chase Credit Card in the instance)
>>whether it is direct or not. In any case, I'm downloading Deluxe.
>
> Look for that "third party" term in
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
>
> tho there seems to be some ambiguity in Chase.

0
Privacy1 (389)
1/6/2008 5:14:16 AM
On Jan 5, 9:14 pm, "Marilyn & Bob" <Priv...@nospam.please> wrote:
> Chase (Chase/Chemical/Manufacturers Hanover; but not necessarily BankOne)
> has direct downloads for a fee ($10/month).
> > Look for that "third party" term in
> >http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&Finanance...
> > tho there seems to be some ambiguity in Chase.

For the sake of closure for this topic, all is well now: I called
Chase, asked for help, the nice woman on the phone held my hand to
successfuly guide me through the complete account installation on
Deluxe. It turns out that the FI for Chase Freedom is Chase -- not
Chase Credit Cards -- and that no Live ID is required.

Again, thank you one and all for your comments and suggestions.

T.
0
tony5376 (36)

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

Problems installing Sample Database on SBS2K3,CRM 1.2
When running the sample databse wizard I get the error message "The currently logged-on user does not have a Microsoft CRM license. Please contact your system administrator." I'm using the same account I used to install CRM, the administrator account. I have no problem bringing up MS CRM (http://mscrm) & logging in with this account on the server, however it isn't listed under users in Settings>Business Unit Settings>Users. Also, its not listed in the deployment manager under user manager>Adventure Works Cycle. I've found 1 reference to this specifi...

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

Problem receiving mails using VPN
Hi. I have a problem updating my folders in Outlook 2003 when I'm using th VPN at home to connect to the Exchange server. I can however send email with no problem. Outlook states that I'm connected. When it tries to update the folde showing the status "Waiting to update this folder" the Outlook icon i the system tray tells me that "Outlook is requesting data from th server" but nothing happens. I can ping the IP address (and server name) of the Exchange server. When I create a new message and try to look up the recepient from th addressbook outlook freezes. So...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Text Method "Overwrite" problem
I'm having a problem with Overwrite=True when using the Text Method to insert text into a comment in my Excel worksheet. I can insert text into my comment at the specified character position, no problem. However it doesn't seem to matter if I set Overwrite to true or false, the text is always inserted rather than overwriting existing text. Here is the description of the method, followed by my code: Text Method Sets comment text. Syntax expression.Text(Text, Start, Overwrite) expression Required. An expression that returns a Comment object. Text Optional Variant. The text t...

Newsgroup Problems
Hi I use WLM for my two e-mail accounts no problems in or out. I have tried to use "usenet "and entered the account details and message says WLM can't connect to internet may be fire wall or anti virus,checked win fire wall gives it access, I used to have access, but have recently up dated to Win7 so had to reload WLM. Any ideas Please You're getting this from Microsoft Communities if you try to subscribe to a newsgroup? (Newsgroups icon at bottom left of WLMail, right click Microsoft Communities, select "Newsgroups", find your required group, "...

problem with saving #2
Hello everybody, I hope somebody can help with the following problem. This is th situation: I have a java application which basically writes data (integers an strings) to an excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is doing th necessary calculations and reads back the results to the jav application. At least he is supposed to do so. But (as you probably guessed) it doesn't. Although in windows explore I can see he has changed the excel-file and when I open the file I ca see the correct data he reads back older data. More precisely the dat that has been saved when I manually open and close the...

Recipients problem in received mails
Hi, We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4. Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server. Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have in To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the organization. We started thinking how come the user gets another user's mail because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field. When I checked the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message that came to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the Outlo...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

public folder free busy problem
Hello: We have a conference room public folder calendar. It is mail enabled but does not publish in free busy schedule. When you invite the conference room and other attendees to a time all users free busy schedules are visible, the conference room has ///(no free busy available) listed. Any resolutions to this type of issue? Thanks, Nope. Public folders as calendars have that limitation. Use a mailbox instead. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85922FD4-E862-49F8-9A76-B3A782C2A205@microsoft.com... >...

Problem With Form/Subform
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in be...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

Chart Linking Problem
I have a chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked chart is a bar graph whose data is based upon the offset formula which was chosen to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update the chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? ...

Passwords #3
Using outlook2002. For some reason, it will not store the password. I have checked the box that says "remember password", but, each time I try to log in. It will ask me for it. Any ideas. I am thinking about recreating the profile for thismailbox. I am a consultant, and my customer doesn't know how (or won't write down what I tell them) to do this. Thanks ...

Problem printing a return
When anyone tries to print a return via the Inquire window, drill down on the hyperlinks until displaying the return document form. Click the printer icon on the top right of the window and get the swirly hour glass then nothing. I use modified historical document's report and original document's report. I deleted and re imported them. I tried the regular reports and back to the modified reports. I changed printer destinations. Doesn't seem to want to print for some reason? Any ideas? ...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

Change Password Next Login, Enforce Password Policy and Expiration
I'm curious why are the Change Password Next Login, Enforce Password Policy and Enforce Password Expiration is diabled in Greatplains 8.0 when i create a user. my client want to know how to enable it. hope for your prompt action. -- Jeremy Ayaay Technical Specialist STRC Only works for SQL 2005. If you client wants to use a beta database server... "Jher" wrote: > I'm curious why are the Change Password Next Login, Enforce Password Policy > and Enforce Password Expiration is diabled in Greatplains 8.0 when i create a > user. my client want to know how to enab...

M2004 (No MSN, no Passport) -> M2006 Any problems?
I use M2004 without MSN, Passport or passwords. My financial institutions (Citi cards, Fidelity, Bank One) download into M2004 without any problems. Will I be able to transition into M2006 without any problems? I'll be happy to maintain the current M2004 features and capabilities. I'm thinking of M2006 only because the on-line stuff for M2004 will expire next year. -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote: >I use M2004 without MSN, Passport or passwords. My financial institutions >(Citi card...

Junk mail filter instillation problem
The operating system is Windows XP Home with all the Microsoft updates. The office program also is current, with one major exception. I bought a copy of Outlook 2003 some time a ago, and installed it in place of Outlook 2002. I have been unsuccessful in attempting to install over and over again the recently released December 2005 junk mail filter update. I even shut down the Kaspersky anti-virus and the Outpost firewall in some of my attempts to install this update. How do I install this latest junk mail filter. Thanks ...

Problem with Outlook 2003 w/BCM
In Outlook you are able to type names into the To: list and go about your business. All of a sudden I can type the names in or the distribution list name but it won't allow me to send the email saying it has a problem with the parameters. If I select the name or DL name from the actual address book it works fine. Anyone else had this problem or know what might be causing the problem. It's on a XP Pro laptop. Thanks in advance. JD Try this: Close Outlook Search for a file with an NK2 extension. It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Renam...

keyboard shortcuts problem
Certain keyboard shortcuts have stopped working in my Excel 2003. CTRL+X, CTRL+C, and CTRL+V no longer work. They still work from the toolbar menu or when right clicking. Other shortcuts like CTRL+A and CTRL+Z still work. Does anyone have any ideas? -- carloscuderia ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carloscuderia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=542700 Do those shortcut keys work in other applications? If yes, maybe you have a ...

Italics problem
I notice when I go to format cells, if I switch to italic bold bold italic Then it is impossible to switch back to "Regular". "Regular" does not seem to be an option. Help, everything is in italics!! ...