passport login timetable??

Does anyone know when this passport issue should be
resolved yet?  I'm pretty sure I've gone negative ... it
would be nice if I could check my ledger to know for sure.
0
anonymous (74721)
7/28/2004 7:45:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

and how about all the electronic bills I should be paying
but I can't?

Try writing a check and sending snail mail. Or logging in
from the internet, and then letting the program catch up
when it is back online.  For goodness sakes.
0
anonymous (74721)
7/28/2004 9:49:37 PM
For goodness sakes?

That is a pretty condascending response. Let me guess. You either
don't have the problem at all, or do not use integrated MSN bill pay
features.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:49:37 -0700,

askme1 (5)
7/29/2004 12:35:17 AM
I use my Bank's online service.  It is free, and I can see everything always
up to date, right at the source, and it is accessible from anywhere on the
www.  It is also simple to download the info into MM as well.  Currently I
cannot open my file.  I am not happy, but I am still paying my bills, and I
still pay a few strays on a onetime basis with a check.  I didn't mean to be
condescending, but I think the anguish thing can be overdone.  I am more
empathetic to those who need the files in order to manage their business on
a daily basis.  I do some stock trading which cannot be updated into the
program at present, but the brokerage services are still there to use.  I
believe in redundancy.  And backups.  We paid bills for years before there
were online services.  I am more concerned that the work that I did over the
weekend is not available for me to continue with.  Prior to that, I had a
backup that works that dates back to Friday.  But I am waiting for MS to
restore my up to date file so I don't have to redo my weekend additions.  I
have peace of mind knowing that I only have to restore the Friday file, and
update via my bank, brokerage and other sites online.  A little work, yes,
but not a disaster.  You do have a backup that works, don't you? Or is that
condescending as well.  If you don't, once MS restores your file, you might
think about a program such as Backup My PC which can do the job
automatically while you sleep each and every night.  The problem here was
that the backup was of the file that is not accessible.  So simply restoring
it restores the same problem.   I didn't save to a separate name each night,
so I overwrote the file everytime I left the program.  I did save twice a
week to diffent hard drives, and periodically I download my really important
documents and three separate MM files to a dvd, so it is truly archived.  I
thought I was pretty protected (I've been through a hard drive failure that
was misery to restore, so I may be more compulsive than most).  The hitch
here was that this was thus not a simple backup issue, but rather a security
issue, for which I did not anticipate or prepare.  Happens.  Life and
software aren't yet perfect.   For those who have 10 years of data (as I
do), copy every Sunday night to a thumbdrive or some disc that does not stay
near your computer, so if there is a fire or other disaster, you are never
more than a week behind. This would seem basic, but there is a world out
there who thinks it can't happen to them.

--
William L. Oppenheim, M.D.
woppenhe@ucla.edu
"user" <askme@nospam.com> wrote in message
> For goodness sakes?
>
> That is a pretty condascending response. Let me guess. You either
> don't have the problem at all, or do not use integrated MSN bill pay
> features.
>

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:49:37 -0700,
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

woppenhe (160)
7/29/2004 3:54:45 AM
I know emotions are high for some of these folks, I am riding it out.

I DO use MSN billpay via money and I had been asking myself the exact
same question as the previous poster. I have always done it via
money's calendar page, which is obviously not accessible right now.

I just am thankful I pushed my mortgage payment a few days early
despite not receiving my monthly statement. I really don't want to
deal with this at all but will manage if forced too..

Yep, we did all those things before PC's, and yes, I have many
generations of backups to fall back on, but frankly I'd rather ride it
out (Retrospect backs up to my server for all my data app pc's, then I
spool off to external drives from there (kept offline), and the
numerous local safety backups made while recovering from things like
downloaded transactions that refuse to show themselves within money -
that was joyful..).

My bank offers free online bill paying, but as luck would have it not
a downloadable source for money. I prefer the convenience of
integrated online bill pay for free from MSN.

Frankly your first comment was condascending, but your second comes
across even worse.

>You do have a backup that works, don't you? Or is that
>condescending as well.

Umm... couldn't be snottier.

"you do have fully redundant systems offsite isolated from MS updates,
don't you?"

Yep, if I said that I'd sound petty and immature. Maybe my response
seemed confrontational too. I know  I was a little irratated when I
wrote it. Sorry about that. Hard to impart lightheartedness in text.
Need voice inflection.

I just think you should allow folks to express all the issues this has
created for them. Might help someone else who have learned to rely on
ms money and might have discovered too late their payments were going
to be late.

Hope we all come out of this ok and in short order.

Jim

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:54:45 -0700, "William L. Oppenheim, M.D."
<woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote:

>I use my Bank's online service.  It is free, and I can see everything always
>up to date, right at the source, and it is accessible from anywhere on the
>www.  It is also simple to download the info into MM as well.  Currently I
>cannot open my file.  I am not happy, but I am still paying my bills, and I
>still pay a few strays on a onetime basis with a check.  I didn't mean to be
>condescending, but I think the anguish thing can be overdone.  I am more
>empathetic to those who need the files in order to manage their business on
>a daily basis.  I do some stock trading which cannot be updated into the
>program at present, but the brokerage services are still there to use.  I
>believe in redundancy.  And backups.  We paid bills for years before there
>were online services.  I am more concerned that the work that I did over the
>weekend is not available for me to continue with.  Prior to that, I had a
>backup that works that dates back to Friday.  But I am waiting for MS to
>restore my up to date file so I don't have to redo my weekend additions.  I
>have peace of mind knowing that I only have to restore the Friday file, and
>update via my bank, brokerage and other sites online.  A little work, yes,
>but not a disaster.  You do have a backup that works, don't you? Or is that
>condescending as well.  If you don't, once MS restores your file, you might
>think about a program such as Backup My PC which can do the job
>automatically while you sleep each and every night.  The problem here was
>that the backup was of the file that is not accessible.  So simply restoring
>it restores the same problem.   I didn't save to a separate name each night,
>so I overwrote the file everytime I left the program.  I did save twice a
>week to diffent hard drives, and periodically I download my really important
>documents and three separate MM files to a dvd, so it is truly archived.  I
>thought I was pretty protected (I've been through a hard drive failure that
>was misery to restore, so I may be more compulsive than most).  The hitch
>here was that this was thus not a simple backup issue, but rather a security
>issue, for which I did not anticipate or prepare.  Happens.  Life and
>software aren't yet perfect.   For those who have 10 years of data (as I
>do), copy every Sunday night to a thumbdrive or some disc that does not stay
>near your computer, so if there is a fire or other disaster, you are never
>more than a week behind. This would seem basic, but there is a world out
>there who thinks it can't happen to them.

0
askme1 (5)
7/29/2004 4:38:51 AM
I agree with all that you wrote.

Time for all of us to relax and let it happen.  No way to be proactive here.
I think that MS will make it right as fast as they can.  There is a lot of
MS bashing out there, but I have had problems with other software as well.
Easy to hate a big company, but by and large their software does work.
Major issue is security--eventually they will get it right. I don't buy the
idea that Quicken is better.  The MSN online services and coordination with
msn moneycentral is really the reason to be for this software, and at least
when I tried the Quicken system with the Quicken site, it just wasn't as
good for investors.  It passes, but the msn site is better, and the program
that integrates with this site is thus better for me.   May have improved
since those days, but most reviews comparing Money to Quicken still have
Money by an edge.   Plus you get to meet such nice people on this
newsgroup<g>.

--
> [...]
important
> >documents and three separate MM files to a dvd, so it is truly archived.
> >thought I was pretty protected (I've been through a hard drive failure
that
> >was misery to restore, so I may be more compulsive than most).  The hitch
> >here was that this was thus not a simple backup issue, but rather a
security
> >issue, for which I did not anticipate or prepare.  Happens.  Life and
> >software aren't yet perfect.   For those who have 10 years of data (as I
> >do), copy every Sunday night to a thumbdrive or some disc that does not
stay
> >near your computer, so if there is a fire or other disaster, you are
never
> >more than a week behind. This would seem basic, but there is a world out
> >there who thinks it can't happen to them.

7/29/2004 5:14:34 AM
Well, almost everything. If you have working backups, why
can you not pay your bills online?  that is what
precipitated your complaint in the first place.

0
anonymous (74721)
7/29/2004 7:00:25 PM
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:00:25 -0700,

>Well, almost everything. If you have working backups, why
>can you not pay your bills online?  that is what
>precipitated your complaint in the first place.

As I said, I don't want to restore and have 'catch back up', I paid
the only pending bill before the you-know-what hit the fan. I am good
for another week or so before needing to take drastic measures.

You should really be asking that of Endre, not me:

>From: "endre" <endre_pekarik@yahoo.com>
>Sender: "endre" <endre_pekarik@yahoo.com>
>Subject: passport login timetable??
>Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:06:22 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money
>
>and how about all the electronic bills I should be paying
>but I can't?

0
askme1 (5)

Point of Sale
Kind of an odd one here - customer installs Microsoft POS and can log in and operate the store on the day of install. They close down POS that night and the next morning they are unable to log back in. They get the following error message. "You could not be logged on. Your employee ID or password may not be correct, or the computer where your store database is located may be down or otherwise unavailable." The database is on the local machine - I have since had them do a complete uninstall of POS and MSDE and perform a re-install and then update POS - applying all hotfixes...

passport trouble again? or SP2?
I was lucky enough not to get hit by the recent disaster - today, however, I can't get through the passport login screen. Is there soem passport trouble again, or could this be due to installing SP2 yesterday? Thanks for any advice, Z. ...

Do I have to have a passport
I've recently installed MS Money 2005 and have imported my Quicken files. I think I like Money better, but the program wants me to get a passport to set up downloading transactions. Is there anyway I can avoid doing this? I don't see why I should have to sign up with something from MSN--and I don't want Hotmail, messanging or any of that stuff. If I do go ahead, is there any reason for updating to 2006 or 2007? Windwatcher wrote: > I've recently installed MS Money 2005 and have imported my Quicken files. I > think I like Money better, but the program wants me ...

Your login has been removed from the user activity file
I'm completing an install of GP9 on a client's system and this is they weren't previously using GP or SQL Server so everything is fresh. I've installed the server and the first client (on the server) without any problems. I also installed SP1 on the server without any indication of error. We've now come to the point where we are completing the installation on desktops and have hit the same wall on multiple desktops. After the install is complete (again without any indication of error) and it is time to login to GP for the first time, when the user hits OK on the &...

passport sign-in #2
all of a sudden i am not able to sign in with my MSN Passport. I can login in just fine to the MSNMoney.com, Hotmail, etc but NOT Money 2004. I used to be OK but stopped. Any ideas? Start->Run type 'regsvr32 msxml3.dll' - see if that fixes it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond...

Login question through Outlook 2003
When using Outlook 2003, a user is prompted only for a username and password when logging into Outlook to an Exchange 2003 server. However, the user has to put in either their UPN login, user@company.com or the older, DOMAINNAME\username. Is there a way to allow the user to just put in there username, and have either Outlook on the client or the exchange server default to our 1 ADS domain? TIA If the user is logged into the domain, then Outlook will send those credentials to the Exchange Server. Otherwise you will either have to provide the UPN or Domain\Username to give the Exchan...

Passport
Is there any way to create a passport using Publisher? This would be used for a new hire to a company and in order to familiarize themselves with the different departments, we thought a passport-type of activity could be done. explain? my interpretation of a passport would be a document with the person's name on it...like a name tag? Is that what you mean? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "OhLola" <OhLola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5616DD3E-5FDC-4B3E-B281-CE571995A49E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to ...

Passport 2002
I have Money 2002 Deluxe edition. I want to turn OFF that *&@$#@ passport window that invades every time I go to certain sites... Amazon, bank, etc. HOW? Under help it says to click "login lockbox" and then "click 'change'" except there is nothing that says "change?!" No word, button, link, page, etc. Any help would be greatly appriciated. In microsoft.public.money, Paisley wrote: >I have Money 2002 Deluxe edition. I want to turn OFF that *&@$#@ passport >window that invades every time I go to certain sites... Amazon, bank, etc. ...

How to create SQL logins in FIPS compliant environment ?
Hi, our objective is to make our application FIPS compliant. One of the procedure accepts username and password as parameters and does a CREATE LOGIN call. But with FIPS, if we pass the password to the procedure in clear text format, it will be a violation. Can you suggest any other method of passing the password to the procedure and still be FIPS compliant? Or any other way to achive the same result? Also want to know that when SQL Server Management Studio opens a connection using sql user and password, how is the password sent to the SQL Server? Is it in clear text? In oth...

OWA login #3
On OWA Forms Base Authentication login, is there a way to have the domain already in the box, that way all my clients would have to worry about is their username and password. Thanks You'd probably be able to customise the logon.asp page to do this, but I would expect it to be overwritten by future service packs, so make a copy after your modifications. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Walt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:116fb01c441c0$4d66de50$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Still cannot sign in using passport
I still cannot sign in using passport. I get the error that the sign-in name is not associated with my file. I have been using money for over a year without any problems and now have not been able to get into my file for 2 days. Looks like Microsoft dropped the ball again. Is it time to switch to Quicken. ...

Passport
I saw, it was mentioned several times in this newsgroup, but I also have the log on problem using my HOTMAIL account. Customer care has not responded, and the idea, deleting the client.xml does not help either. Any other ideas? Please help. Thanks Steffen Urban ...

Is there a way to use "Custom Login Page"?
I know only users from Active Directory can use CRM System. But is there a way to let users login on Web form instead of windows prompt? And how can we integrate it with existing system? Thanks This may help you: You can make Internet Explorer prompt for user names and passwords by changing the security settings. Start Internet Explorer, then select Tools | Internet Options. Click the security tab and click on Local Intranet (depending on how your network is managed you may need to choose Trusted Sites instead). Then click on Custom Level. In the Security Settings dialog box scroll to th...

Search Beta Test :secure login without Password
Hello, We are now starting a limited public beta of a new security program for Windows named "NaturalLogin". The program can use one or more hardware devices (such as standard USB storage keys) and/or custom questions to enable a multi-factor (2 or more) login. We are looking for serious beta testers with the following configuration: - Windows NT, 2000 or XP; - Not connected to a domain manager (stand-alone PC or workgroup); - At least one USB removable storage device. If you are interested please register on our Web site at: http://www.palcott.com/betatest/ ...

Why Passports?
Money keeps asking me if I want to "secure" my Money file with an MSN Passport account. This to me sounds like an oxymoron. Am I wrong? What good would it do for me to tell Microsoft how to access all of my financial records? Or did I already do that by using their Money software? -Jeff You are wrong. Microsoft does not know your passphrase. Unless you use sync with the web, your Money data is still stored exclusively on your machine. "Jeff" <jeff_phil-NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vrkdaf858miod6@corp.supernews.com... > Money keeps asking me if I wa...

passport #3
I can't use my passport email & I'm freeked about using passport in my money file. how can i remove it? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, gwc wrote: >I can't use my passport email & I'm freeked about using passport in my money >file. how can i remove it? Sign on using Passport. Then File->PasswordManager->Change->DisableMoney'sPassportFeatures Thanks "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:jpso311mgus5u1ihn65feobrc5k3726rl4@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, gwc wrote: > >>I ca...

anyone resolved this: cannot login after upgrade to 3.0 on win2K3 server ( "contact your systems admin..")
I quote this because it sounds like what happened to us today: "Upgrade install of CRM 3.0 on Windows 2K3 box. I can login as the system administrator, but can't login as any other user. I have "enabled the other users, but I get an error each time I login. The only thing it says is: ERROR. An Error has occoured. Contact your systems administrator for more information..... then I have a Try Again or Close button." Win2K3 Server 10 users active and having license on 1.2 upgrade successfully terminated the administrator can login (with restricted access box checked) ...

OWA Login #4
I am trying to setup OWA so a user just enters his/her email address instead of domain/username I followed the kb article 267906 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267906 however, I still have to enter domain\username instead of the UPN Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong? this is someone elses post... Open IIS manager, right-click the exchange virtual directory, choose the directory security tab, click edit under authentication and..., put your domain name as default domain, close the windows and you're ready to go. Eirik On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:32:22 ...

passport ?
Why does my money file not automatically fill in my passport email address and password anymore? Since these problems with the login started, I have had to enter this information every time I log in? In the past, when I opened the file, the email address and password was pre entered and all I had to do was click "sign in"? You could try detaching the password, restart Money and then reattach it again. Perhaps with running a repair in the middle, just in case. However, I don't know whether this will have any side effects, so make sure you have a backup if you want to risk ...

Changing Password Upon Next Login
Hello: Yesterday, we were trying out the GP 9.0 user ID change password upon next login feature. When we logged in as the user, we tried to change the password and it would not let us login. Now, that was the first time that we had tried logging in as that user. (It was a new user setup.) Could that have been the reason? Or, what reason would the system give for not allowing the changing of the password and logging in? We got a message saying contact the system administrator. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Has your password stop working and can't login into MS Money?
"the sign in name you just entered is not associated with this file. Please correct sign in or open another file" This is the error message I get - I have unchecked the .net passport features - and I still can not access my money file? Anyone have a solution or reason why this just start happening to several people TODAY?? Please advise..or post here if you are having problems to let Microsoft know. Thanks.... Chris I have the same problem, It happenned to me 1 hour ago. I tried to enter my money file with the Passport Sign-In and it show me an error message, then i used ...

MSN Money updated
The MSN Money site has updated so sign-ins should work in Money again. See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx -Mark It still throws me out to that articles web. Frank "Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:OoLVXptCHHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The MSN Money site has updated so sign-ins should work in Money again. > > See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx > > -Mark > If you are using Windows 98 or ME, see the updated message on the Network Status page about these operating systems...

Password-Passport Problems
I am trying to move my money account from a computer that uses Money2002 to a computer that uses Money2001. When I use it on the present computer I sign in using MSN Passport ID. When I try to open it in the new computer that uses 2001 it asks for my password. It will not accept my password and I can't figure out how to use MSN Passport ID to open the data. I'll be so thankful to anyone who can help me.... You cannot open a money 2002 file with Money 2001. The password thing is just Microsoft's way of telling you can't do that. Zach On 8/13/04 2:42 PM, in article 5...

New router, cannot log into Net Passport nor update stocks
In the last few weeks, I've installed a new router on my network (1 desktop 2 laptops). All other network and internet functions are okay but MS Money 2005 will not let me log into Net Passport, (ID and or password cannot be verified). I contacted D link regarding this and they indicated that a "port" may need to be opened. Once I log into my money file offline, it will not update stock and mutual fund prices. I have used Money for years. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Is there an Update on the Login Issue???
Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I need to run my financial life!!! >-----Original Message----- >Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I >need to run my financial life!!! >. >Me either. I can't believe it. I'v ben using Money for more than five years and never happen to me anything like this ...